Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2017 CLOSED!!! Please join our 2018 thread

Comments

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 524
    edited July 2017

Hi All,

There has been a wonderful mix of renders this month; I've appreciated seeing all of them. You are all so imaginative and creative!

Anyway here is my effort: Goldberry playing her theremin much to the delight of the other members of FireBlooD.

Rendered in 3Delight, postwork in Gimp.

Post edited by nattaruk on
  • deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478

Great job nattaruk, can she play the original star trek theme on her theremin.

I wonder how a theremin, hurdy gurdy duet would sound.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

Given the hurdy-gursy, bloody awful! cheeky

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,063
    Linwelly said:
    Linwelly said:

So nice works, they are all awesome!

When I came back from my vacation and ran through all the lately aquired stuff, I got hooked with all those western interiors PC freebies and combined them to one room. zooming in on the bottles I found my motive to make a close up ( and I was convinced I'd be going for the Morrocan streets with something.. well those will come back with some renders as well)

Title is: Slow hours

ps: find the fly ;)

What fly... Hic.... lol.  That's what the fly is thinking.  Too cool.  Nice and refreshing for these hot Ohio night.  Thanks for sharing Linwelly!

LOL, that is a good one, now that I think about that i should have made a closeup on a melting icecube...

thanks a lot to all the other nice comments as well!

Very nice work on the car close up, I have to admit you could park a Triumph in my yard and I wouldn't recognise it. To me a car is a car is a car. Some are looking older some newer and mine got a lot of dents...

me too about the car... if it didn't have a name on it .. i never would have known.. giggles.  :)

Oops ! Missed the edge. Creative renders.

Great renders this month too.

Kismet2012  Beautiful eyes, SimonJM great idea, good work, deeleelaw57  made me laugh!, Saphirewild  cool idea, reminds me of Vincent, bigh so funny,  luci45 amazing! looks like a photo to me, mori_mann well done, Linwelly wow! all those reflections and the fly!, Llola Lane great close-up and shaders and DOF.

I hope this can be seen as a close up because I had to lay flat on the ground to do that one! (the HW kitten, soon to come to DAZ and the wonderful LAMH preset by Saiyaness)

well.. duhh... xmasrose.. you KNOW (maybe you don't) that I'm a cat person... lol.  AWESOME cat fur... gonna have to grab it... thanks for sharing... :)

nattaruk said:

Hi All,

There has been a wonderful mix of renders this month; I've appreciated seeing all of them. You are all so imaginative and creative!

Anyway here is my effort: Goldberry playing her theremin much to the delight of the other members of FireBlooD.

Rendered in 3Delight, postwork in Gimp.

just WONDERFUL Nattaruk!!!  Thanks for sharing your lively artwork!

KK GANG... 2 more days and then August hits us with LANDSCAPE... should be a great month of scenics.  I'm looking forward to it... :)

If you haven't already... Don't be bashful... JOIN THE CHALLENGE!!!  ALL are welcome!

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601
    edited August 2017

It's wonderful seeing everyone's great renders, and even more so seeing everyone's different take on the same theme. Well done everyone! yes

I'm also reserving this post as a placeholder for my close up that I finally got rendering now, in case it doesn't finish quite in time. Now to start thinking landscape...

Nailed

Atsuko grabs hold of Ducky to protect him from malicious orange sauce wielding villains. He should be safe for now. Or perhaps Atsuko has hidden motives?  surprise

Nailed.jpg
    2500 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by isidorn on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited August 2017

LS

000 0 801.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by bigh on

The first landscape render bringing peace and clam to start of the month. Where will it go from here. Well done bigh.

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

It's still July 31 on this side of the world! Here's my close up. smiley

"Is Someone There?"

CloseUp.jpg
    800 x 800 - 483K
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited August 2017

It's 10:15 here. I've been bogged down with a few things this month, but I really wanted to stop lurking and start participating. I've got "a bun in the oven," so to speak, and I hope it will be finished before midnight. If it's okay, I'll post it even if it's a little past... after all, it is a kitty...
    smiley

Like Isodorn, I'll post it here when it's done.

ETA: Done!

Got Milk

Got Milk, by L'Adair

Post edited by Chohole on

That's a beatiful forest stream. It does indeed look very peaceful.

A smiling dragon is never a good sign as it most likely means it'll be up to no good, and that dragon looks very happylaugh

Although I've had August for almost 8 hours, it's still July in DAZ-land, so I guess I got finished in time. I'll put my close up in my previous post.

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 524

She's very talented so I'm sure she could play almost anything suited to the Theremin. 

One of my current favourite bands is Eluveitie who feature a Hurdy Gurdy. I would love to hear a Theremin, Hurdy Gurdy duet. The only exampe I could find featured so much effects processing that neither instrument retained its true sound which was rather disappointing.

---

Yay! Ducky made it into a close up!

Lovely cat picture L'Adair, the new fur looks great.

dawnblade, is the dragon going to get its head trapped iin the window frame?

bigh, I wish I was there rather than being stuck in a drab urban environment.

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

Some amazing closeups to finish the month and a great landscape scene to start of August.

There can never be too much kitties on the internet! That cat looks really good L'Adair.

Yea 5 pm rush hour at the end of the month.

Good close up isidorn, looks like she has him in that ducky death grip.

Nice dragon dawnblade, as she slowly turns face to face and says 'NO NO NO, I told you to play outside today. I have guest and I don't want you eating them.

Great close up L'Adair, if that was my old cat he would have made a mess and be running around the house with the glass stuck on his head.

edited August 2017
    isidorn said:

There can never be too much kitties on the internet! That cat looks really good L'Adair.

Great close up L'Adair, if that was my old cat he would have made a mess and be running around the house with the glass stuck on his head.

Thank you, both. I really wanted to try out the free LAMH preset on the Hivewire Housecat and I wanted to stop lurking in here. I'd planned on being active in this thread but then did something stupid and broke my wrist in Feb. (What, you ask? Helped my husband deliver newspapers on a very cold and icy morning! No good deed goes unpunished, it seems.) Anyway, I'm really happy with the way the cat turned out, and I'm thilled you guys like it.

And to be honest, none of my cats particularly like milk, @deeleelaw57, past or present. Though Taz did like my vanilla bean yogurt. And Sweet Pea loved snack food: potato chips, corn chips, popcorn... All of our cats were rescues and the older ones brought some "interesting" ideas to the household. lol

Post edited by L'Adair on
    edited August 2017

And my bit of landscape:

<edit> Ahh, I think I know what happened - someoen suggested a new name so I gave it a new title and that must have changed the underlying name/link in/from dA!

Post edited by SimonJM on

and the bird said meow or maybe get off my back, very nice SimonJM

• nattaruk looks great

isidorn so funny, poor ducky!

bigh superb landscape

L'Adair I already told you but lovely scene

SimonJM what an amazing idea, I don't know how you did the flying cat/owl but it's brilliant!

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147

thanks all smiley

be well

nattaruk looks great

isidorn so funny, poor ducky!

bigh superb landscape

L'Adair I already told you but lovely scene

SimonJM what an amazing idea, I don't know how you did the flying cat/owl but it's brilliant!

It's the Meowl figure availaable from the store that starts with Render and ends in osity.  It's a new(ish) DS version of a fugure that came out a while back which was for Poser.

L'Adair said:

It's 10:15 here. I've been bogged down with a few things this month, but I really wanted to stop lurking and start participating. I've got "a bun in the oven," so to speak, and I hope it will be finished before midnight. If it's okay, I'll post it even if it's a little past... after all, it is a kitty...
    smiley

Got Milk

Having seen examples of the LAMH preset for the HW cat, and in particular your render, I have almost persuaded myself to get the product, so if I do I just want you to know that eerie moaning sounf you'll hear will be my bank balance hanuting you ... devilcheeky

SimonJM said:
    L'Adair said:

smiley

Got Milk

Having seen examples of the LAMH preset for the HW cat, and in particular your render, I have almost persuaded myself to get the product, so if I do I just want you to know that eerie moaning sounf you'll hear will be my bank balance hanuting you ... devilcheeky

Ah ha! Guess hubby's off the hook. Maybe. He does moan a lot when it's time to go to work. (Short-timer, you see. Less than a year away from retiring...!)

Seriously, all the Hivewire cats are gorgeous. But I guess you have to go to the source for the House Cat...

And thank you. I'm glad you like the render. blush

It seems the Meowl and its rider is fleeing the approaching sunlight. Will they be turned to stoned, or catch fire if the sunrays catch them? Or perhaps some other horrid fate? I only hope it doesn't make their skin sparkling... (the daz forums need a puking emoji)

isidorn said:

It's wonderful seeing everyone's great renders, and even more so seeing everyone's different take on the same theme. Well done everyone! yes

I'm also reserving this post as a placeholder for my close up that I finally got rendering now, in case it doesn't finish quite in time. Now to start thinking landscape...

Nailed

Atsuko grabs hold of Ducky to protect him from malicious orange sauce wielding villains. He should be safe for now. Or perhaps Atsuko has hidden motives?  surprise

Ha... so glad you saved a place isidorn.. well worth the wait.. Thanks for sharing :)

bigh said:

LS

WOW!!! wonderful landscape Bigh.. great start to the month.  You have set the standard high already :)  thanks for sharing.

dawnblade said:

It's still July 31 on this side of the world! Here's my close up. smiley

"Is Someone There?"

Ha yes Dawnblade.. don'cha just love time zones?  lol.  Thanks for squeeeeeeeeeeeezing your artwork in and sharing with us :)  Well done.

L'Adair said:

smiley

Got Milk

ooo kittehhhhh... Looks so real L'Adair.. I'm glad you were able to join us.  Thanks oodles for sharing.. mew