Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2017 CLOSED!!! Please join our 2018 thread

Comments

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

Thanks mori_mann! Nice desert scene. Looks like he just spotted lunch!

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,075
    dawnblade said:

Enjoying everyone's scapes! Here's my DS render run through FotoSketcher.

Peaceful Trail

I'm scared of heights so... no looking down for me.  :)  Great place to sit and relax I'm sure... and breezy... could use a little breeze in Ohio... and a bench to enjoy the breezes on.  ahhhhh (dreams of AIRconditioning) lol.... Thanks for sharing Dawn.. not tried FotoSketcher.

mori_mann said:

Looks like a nice walk, Dawnblade.

I wanted a desert landscape. Snapped the shot too late to avoid a local showing up.

As the dragon flies

Great idea for a landscape Mori... Not thought of such a hot scape... too hot here in Ohio... Maybe I'll do a nice cool-scape... LOL.  Thanks for sharing.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147

hot yes scape

• deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478

Very nice mori-mann. I have always liked a good desert scene.

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    mori_mann said:

Looks like a nice walk, Dawnblade.

I wanted a desert landscape. Snapped the shot too late to avoid a local showing up.

As the dragon flies

Darn photobombers.

Great image Mori.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited August 2017

Fern Meadow

Fern Meadow, by L'Adair

I might be stretching the suggestion for a render specifically for this challenge a bit. I did do the landscape for this challenge. But I added the gazebo from Pure Romanze to feature in the Hidden Treasures thread. And because I only did both, the landscape and the gazebo, because of these two forum threads, I also put it in Novica's Half A Million Views thread. If that's too much stretching, just let me know, and I'll come up with something else. I've got ten days yet. (I'm not counting tomorrow. Hubby and I are gallavanting around due to the eclipse.)

Post edited by Chohole on

great job yes

bigh said:

great job yes

Aw, shucks.  blush  Thank you, @bigh.

The landscape with gazebo is beautiful and perfect.

With the cost of land these days you need to stretch a landscape as far as you can.

I also like saying gaaazeeebooo.

edited August 2017

Beautiful landscape L'Adair!

Post edited by dawnblade on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,106
    L'Adair said:

Fern Meadow

Fern Meadow, by L'Adair

I might be stretching the suggestion for a render specifically for this challenge a bit. I did do the landscape for this challenge. But I added the gazebo from Pure Romanze to feature in the Hidden Treasures thread. And because I only did both, the landscape and the gazebo, because of these two forum threads, I also put it in Novica's Half A Million Views thread. If that's too much stretching, just let me know, and I'll come up with something else. I've got ten days yet. (I'm not counting tomorrow. Hubby and I are gallavanting around due to the eclipse.)

Excellent work!

Dana

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,803

@mori_mann so that one time you really didn't want ta dragon in the scene... ;) nice desert setting!

@L'Adair very nice scene, that was a lot of plants to get together, the place looks perfect for a retreat for two ;)

Thank you all, @deeleelaw57, @dawnblade, @DanaTA, and @Linwelly.

While it really was a lot of work to get the path and dirt patches on top of the grass shader via Geoshell and opacity mask, and I did add 29 instances of grass to give some dimension to the meadow, the set is Fern Lake from Stonemason. I turned the water object into a meadow. So I cannot take credit for all of those plants, Linwelly.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,803

Good idea to use the water as new ground ;) and if collected or not you still used them very nice !

• xmasrose (aka tulipe)xmasrose (aka tulipe) Posts: 1,403
    edited August 2017

Superb landscape renders! Lots of place to go vacationing wink or not, could be dangerous!

17_Llola Lane landscape.png
    1000 x 624 - 1M
    Post edited by xmasrose (aka tulipe) on

Reminds me of a recreational lake in the mountains verry cool and relaxing, Well done xmasrose.

• Thank you.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653
    edited August 2017

I am gearing up for next months Black and White theme.

I have a few ideas rolling around in my head already!!

Edited to add: I did not have any chance this month to get a render done for land scape (As I do not have any Land Scape stuff in my content) but I will be getting one done next month for Black and White!!

Post edited by Saphirewild on

Wonderful landscape xmasrose!

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 525

Visiting all the places in this months challenge has been a wonderfully adventurous itinerary, makes up for the holiday I really wish I could have had.

Here's my effort: Desolate Alien Landscape

Explore!

out there yes

Great alien landscape, nattaruk!

edited August 2017

Better late than never... lol. 

Been so hot in Ohio this summer I thought I'd cool off with a... Snowy Landscape

snowyLANDSCAPEeEeE DONE 12minute render SIGN.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 352K
    Post edited by Llola Lane on

Hi Gang.. sorry I've been lax with checking this thread... no excuses... except been lazy... lol.

Tomorrow starts our September challenge.. No color here... just BLACK and WHITE! 

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

Many beautiful and inspiring landscapes this month. I have as usual waited until the last moment (bad habits die hard) but I finally got something rendering now. Not sure if it'll exactly qualify as a landscape though...

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 525

Thank you all for your comments.

edited August 2017

very nice nattaruk, the different colors tones look great.

Post edited by deeleelaw57 on

let it snow let it snow - no way 89 wink