Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 10

Comments

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791

An advanced 'bubble spaceship' me thinks Horocheeky

Jay

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756

Horo: Very nice floating object with wonderful colours.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,125
    edited July 2017

Jamahoney - thanks Jay, yes, quite a bubbly thing.

Hansmar - thank you.

This is the right one in the anaglyph on the previous page with the very descriptive name Shape XXX, with a metallic material and inside it a radial. The shape is lit by an HDRI, quality 64, 100% soft IBL shadows, premium with 36 rpp in just over an hour.

Shape XXX

ShapeXXX.jpg
    1200 x 810 - 93K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • vivienvivien Posts: 184

Horo –  I like the end result of the stonemason building. Very eye-catching.  Love the grey scale on Dave’s model the second one has a bit of an Escher feel to it. Beautiful  landscapes  using  the gritstone set the material is so nice, looks very realistic, I do like the artistic interpretation with the ewl  lens and the sun rays are an added bonus. Although pixel values are all above my head its interesting to see the results of the render. Very nice soft colorful flying object and coppery brassy bobbly thingy.

Electro-Elvis – Thanks for the information. Not really a Bruce lee fan. But I do like the background photo though. The model car looks great. The stonemason backdrop really suits it.

Jay – Lovely etched finish on Dave’s model

Mermaid. – I’m loving the clouds on your renders. The first with its orange glow is fantastic, and the second with the sun shining behind is just perfect

Hansmar – I agree with you on your abstract renders.  The cloud effect on the 3rd one gives it life. Well I had to google fata morgana, had never heard of the term. But I can tell you that I think you achieved it. Cool abstracts as well

C-ram – Masterful render as always… So much depth to it.  Great looking trees and the lighting is magnificent, makes it all look so real.

Cyberjym – I like it… It looks like a full stadium looked from above.

Cheers, Vivien...hope the new comp., is still going well wink

Jay

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,001
    edited July 2017

Horo - both your renders are very nicely done, cool bubbly object.

Vivien - thanks

Cleaning my files I found this incomplete setup, inspired by a still by either Horo or David. I completed it this weekend using an Hdri from the Horo and David’s Sky Toolbox

trunkvase.jpg
    600 x 600 - 30K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 846
    edited August 2017

Thanks to everybody for their friendly comments.

@mermaid010: Funny flowers and nicely presented. Maybe a bit of soft shadow? BTW the flowers are looking really great. Where did you get them?

@Horo: Might be a mysterious machine with a unknown purpose. Reminds me of a science fiction story where a strange object has landed on a planet. And the inhabitants there with a civilisaiton similar to ours needed 5000 years to figure out how it works.

@Hansmar: Beautiful abstracts. Strangely, I find abstracts rather more difficult than realistic scenes.

A tutorial of David inspired me to this mountains. The junk is a Bryce model available at sharecg.com

Junks

chinese_mountains.jpg
    1000 x 546 - 124K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited August 2017

Vivien - thank you.

mermaid - thank you. Very nice flower bouquet.

Electro-Elvis - thank you. Great landscape render, looks very realistic.

Another experiment with fractals generated with Incendia. The object is inside a partly transparent sphere, the HDRI shines through the sphere, lights the object and the shadows are cast on the sphere.

Shadow Universe

ShadowUniverse.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 178K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited August 2017

Super, Elvis...the water reflection is great.

Horo, I suspect 'the object' is a sphere with a series of three decagon-created rings around it - very effective, particularly their total-together shadows cast.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • c-ramc-ram Posts: 376

@Vivien : Thank you! Trying to push Bryce in its last retrenchments.. but it's something that's getting harder and harder to improve when computers and softwares like UE4/5 will sooner render real-time what Bryce is rendering in a couple of days :

@Elvis: nice land/seascape scene!

@Horo: really interresting shape and renders.

Electro-Elvis – thanks, the flowers are Xfrog and some 2D faces that C-ram shared with me. You are right; the render needs some soft shadows. Sometimes I overlook the most basic functions of Bryce thanks for the reminder.  smiley The mountain render is very nicely done.

Horo- thanks. Cool Abstract

edited August 2017

Vivien, thanks. How strange, that several of you had not heard of 'Fata morgana'. I always thought it was a generally known term.

Electro-Elvis: My thanks. Strangely enough, when painting I find that abstracts are much harder than (semi-)realistic works. But in 3D there is so much option to try and play, that it is a matter of simply chosing what I like best. And you make very nice realistic works!

Horo: Fantastic render! Such a great fairy-like work.

C-ram: That looks very good indeed, those Unreal Enginge works. But let's try to get as much from our beloved Bryce; with a perfect tool, making nice things is too easy, isn't it.

Another variant of my latest abstract, but with a 'realistic' element therein. Call it 'future travel'

future travel.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 686K
    Post edited by Hansmar on
    edited August 2017

Jamahoney - thank you Jay.

c-ram - thank you Marco. That Unreal landscaping software creates great environments, not exactly un-real, rather real looking.

Mermaid - thank you.

Hansmar - thank you. I like your "Futur Travel". The walking shape is a great idea.

Another experiment with Incendia/Geometrica. The building objects are only 6 MB in size, no need to instance them. The sky is mixed with one of our a Deep Sky HDRI, NGC1300 is above one of the buildings of the Galactic Convention Centre.

Galconcen

Galconcen.jpg
    1200 x 690 - 170K
    Post edited by Horo on

Hansmar - nice futuristic abstract, nice blend of colours

Horo - lovely objects and well presented, the center piece reminds me of Aladdin and his lamp laugh

• hergal3dhergal3d Posts: 26

Hello guys, I attached an underwater scene with caustics. Post processing in Photoshop.

Sea life.jpg
    3444 x 2442 - 2M
    edited August 2017

Mermaid - thank you.

hergal3d - welcome here, very nice underwater scene.

I've continued playing with Incendia/Geometrica and found that fractal object could go for a strange castle. Triple stacked terrain and sky from the Sky Toolbox.

Fracastle

Fracastle.jpg
    1200 x 795 - 217K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited August 2017

Hergal3d - very nice underwater scene, welcome to the Bryce Forum.

Horo – wow another great render.

An experiment using Horo’s UniHdri program.

uni2.jpg
    500 x 500 - 38K
    edited August 2017

Mermaid - thank you. Cool golden render.

Another object made in Incendia/Geometrica, here put into a partly transparent and partly reflecting sphere, a 2D disk with a ripple is also in the sphere. The second shape is instanced. Lit by the SkySC8 HDRI.

Angled Rings

AngledRings.jpg
    1200 x 803 - 223K
    Post edited by Horo on

Hergal3d: Welcome! Very nice under water scene.

Mermaid: Sorry, missed your treestumpflowers earlier. Wonderful idea and nicely rendered. And really great rendering with lots of discrimination in the shadow regions in your UniHDRI render. Nice object too, by the way.

Horo: Lovely abstract castle in a wonderful terrain. The last render thing makes me think of a spiral that we have somewhere in Bryce, which is also not really round (unless you increase the number of polygons).

Horo- thanks beautiful abstract now I'm inspired to try Incendia/Geometrica once again.

Hansmar - thanksx2

edited August 2017

Hansmar - thank you.

Mermaid - thank you.

Yet another Incendia/Geometrica object instanced twice and put into a landscape as cities.

City Islands

CityIslands.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 188K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo - both your Incendia/Geometrica renders are lovely especially the Cityislands. I have this program installed and will play with it over the weekend. I downloaded the Meshlab yesterday. Why and when do you use the MeshLab

Mermaid - thank you. I use Meshlab to clean up the redundant vertices. I sent you an email with the rudimentary steps I use for the 3 programs and a link to the Geometrica Wiki and a short video.

Thanks Horo smiley

• vivienvivien Posts: 184
    edited August 2017

Mermaid – Very nice composition and lighting. I like the use of the root as a flower pot

Electro elvis – Lovely landscape, the junk really suits it.

Horo – The shadows of the incendia fractal experiment shows a lot of depth. It looks like what a deep sea diver would see when he looks up onto the water surface.  I Love your futuristic city using incendia/geometrica  and the strange castle and the copper spirals and the desert scene  They all work really well

C-ram – I had a look on  utube  at  presentations of ue4….. Wow unbelievable landscapes I can see you would be totally immerse in these kind of programs and producing some amazing things.

Hansmar – Nice abstract. I like your choice of colors

Hergal3d – Welcome. Lovely underwater scene

Managed to installed some of the contents I had purchased like Horo sunless skies and Bryce vegetation. So I had a little play with them.

boat on lake.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 296K
    Post edited by vivien on
    edited August 2017

Vivien -  thanks. Beautiful lake render, nice reflections.

The Leaning Tower of Pisa using Cloudsphere11 from the Sky Toolbox Expansion 1. I completed the Pisa model a long time ago, but I don’t think I used this model in a render. I wonder how Jamie is doing, he posted the link to the Pisa model.

pisa-cloudsphere11.jpg
    600 x 600 - 195K
  • c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    edited August 2017

@ Vivien : yes, UE4 is a powerful tool to make games and full ecosystems landscapes. I think that this program is part of the futur in making environments. But Bryce is far more simple than Unreal Engine which is using a nightmare nodes shaders when building a scene.

Some kind of words about your last render which is beautiful! I can see some improvements in this one. The light and the water are looking natural. The only thing that is weird is the rocks on the left side. I 've got some good looking stones/rocks in my libraries, if you want some, you can P.M me.

Well finally, something to show : here's a forest edge scene showing some nice photogrammetric grass models.

I've been inspire by some of my summer walks near the forest behind my new apartment.

Trees build in speedtree and xfrog.

forest edge 2000x1000.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 3M
    Post edited by c-ram on
    edited August 2017

vivien - thank you. Very nice river scene and good use of the stuff. I agree with c-ram that the rocks at left look a bit weird.

mermaid - very nice render of the Leaning Tower of Pisa.

c-ram - nice place to live nearby. Beautiful photorealistic render. The main cloud is a volumetric slab, it appears considering the layers. You may have to increase quality a bit. The foreground is impeccable.

I've been experimenting with Incendia/Geometrica again. The same icasohedron with 7 iterations rotated a bit. First IBL lit (bump from Dave Savage's mud cracks texture), the second uses the same HDRI without Effect, only full Intensity and rendered with TA (256 rpp) and the third is an anaglyph also rendered with TA but only 64 rpp.

Fractal Blossom IBL

Fractal Blossom TA

Fractal Blossom Anaglyph

(Click on image to enlarge)

FracBlosIBL.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 216K
    FracBlosTA.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 147K
    FracBlosAna.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 173K
    Post edited by Horo on

Super, Horo! A perspective view (an angled viewpoint from elsewhere etc.,) might add to the effect.

Jay

Yup, don't forget it's a fractal and all 72 degrees the same.

This discussion has been closed.