Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 10

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,988

Horo- interesting tree render. I found getting good grass is more difficult than the rocks using the tree pdf's you shared, thanks. smiley

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,111

Thank you mermaid.

edited June 2017

Cleaning up an old external hard drive, I found this which was done in Bryce 5.5. It must have been in the Summer smiley  I re-rendered it in Bryce 7Pro today. I need to rework the tiles someday.

dripping.jpg
    700 x 700 - 406K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited June 2017

Heh he, Mermaid, as to "...getting good grass is more difficult..." - hhmm, perhaps, you need to change your dealer devil

Jay wink

Post edited by Jamahoney on
    edited June 2017

edited June 2017

Another view - passing it through a global, encompased and reflective glass sphere - the effects, unexpected, were nice but [they] are quite effective (setup ...etc.,).

Jay

MissionToSaturn1.jpg
    1579 x 726 - 696K

edited June 2017

Mermaid - nice tiles, oldies but goldies.

Jamahoney - very nice not Saturn but Saturn-like planet; interesting effect, too.

An exercise in lighting. The xyzrgb_statuette is from the Stanford Computer Graphics Laboratory (Stanford 3D Scanning Repository), I reduced the resolution to 1/8 in Meshlab. It is just white diffuse and PHT boosted specular (Halo 0), lit exclusively by the SkySC5 HDRI. It stands on a fading disk and a mirror shows the same statuette from another side.

Thai Statue

ThaiStatue.jpg
    810 x 1200 - 136K
    Post edited by Horo on

Cheers, Horo.

The lighting and shadows on your statuette are super fine - very nicely done.

Jay

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756

Hi all,

Wonderful works by all of you. Hope to be going back to Brycing soon.

edited June 2017

Okay, boring Saturn views...but just a final one ...'Saturn Man'

Jay

edited June 2017
    Jamahoney said:

edited June 2017

Jamahoney - thank you Jay. It was actually an exercise in lighting. That Saturn artwork of yours with the chap in the space suit looks great.

Another lighting experiment. The Walled City by Stonemason lit by an HDRI and the sun. The staircase at the far end of the square is in a narrow corridor and doesn't receive any light from the HDRI, neither the sun. Behind the camera is a radial with inverse gradient and this radial lights that far corridor without interfering with the foreground.

Abandoned

Abandoned.jpg
    1200 x 1043 - 247K
    Post edited by Horo on
    Hansmar said:

That walled city scene, Horo, so much reminds me of the video game Half Life - it had a lot of concrete city walls, and a super game (link is YouTube trailor).

Jay

edited June 2017

Thank you Jay. It was an exercise in lighting a scene the simple way.

Here's a triple stacked terrain from the new Gritstone Hills set and the materials applied from the same set. The sky is from the Sky Toolbox, a new set from David and myself that is currently being alpha tested.

Islet in Bay

IsletInBay.jpg
    1200 x 795 - 157K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    Horo said:

Here's a triple stacked terrain from the new Gritstone Hills set and the materials applied from the same set. The sky is from the Sky Toolbox, a new set from David and myself that is currently being alpha tested.

Excellent, Horo! The volumetric clouds and the gradient of the sky with haze are very convincing. The texture of the terrain is beyond praise.

edited June 2017

Horo, super view/work/render: does the lake look like it ends abruptly on the horizon?

As usual, whenever I make [such] inquire's or comment's to anyone and everyone, they aren't critical, but just putting it out there (I would expect such replies/comments etc., with any of my own submitted works - I promise I won't be offended, but I might track you down and kill you afterwards...aarrgg devil ). 

The Gritsotne Hills app will defintely be a winner - I can see this not only applicable to Earth-based renders, but also extra-planetary works, too.

Jay

• c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    edited June 2017

Horo: very beautiful landscape renders! Reminds me a cockpit vue from F16 aircraft over Norway lands

Sorry to say, right now I am out of Bryce, I am moving from an apartment to another so, a lot of things to prepare and a lot of things to do.

I have just got some little spare time to take a look at daz bryce forum and I am glad to see so much beautiful artworks!

Post edited by c-ram on
    edited June 2017

Jay – both the Saturn renders are great.

Horo – awesome xyzrgb_statuette render, great lighting in the Abandoned render and the IsletinBay is another beautiful landscape.

C-ram - looking forward your future works, enjoy your new apartment smiley

Two still renders using Horo’s SkySC2and SkySC3 hdris.

still03.jpg
    500 x 500 - 126K
    still04.jpg
    500 x 500 - 92K

Wheew, Mermaid...you always amaze - I simply want that vase on the right (lighting is super).

Jay

edited June 2017

Slepalex - thank you. Actually, the clouds are a panorama on a sphere partly lit by an HDRI behind the sphere. From the full sky with a cloud slab, six huge cube faces were rendered and assembled to a spherical panorama. And again rendered for an HDRI. This takes very very long but afterwards, this sphere and HDRI can be used many times and the sky renders in a few minutes.

Jamahoney - thank you Jay. Looks funny, yes, but it's not the horizon and not where the water ends, it's where the the water gets deep (well, where the terrain ends but then, no terrain deep water). By the way, I've learned a lot from constructive critiques and questions inspire to investigate more deeply, which has again a learning effect.

c-ram - thank you Marco. Great movie. The landscape reminds me of my renders, also no vegetation wink I hope your moving will be painless and fast so we can marvel at your renders.

Mermaid - thank you. Very nice flowery object and vases. Excellently presented.

Same terrain as above (only double stacked) but looking from the bay back. The clouds are a true slab. The ambient light from a specular convolved HDRI made from that sky. Like the sky above, this one is from the forthcoming Sky Toolbox.

Burning Clouds

BurningClouds.jpg
    1200 x 780 - 250K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited June 2017

What can one say about the light, Horo - superb!

Will definitely invest in the latest Gritstone Hills

jay

edited July 2017

Jay – thanks these vases are priceless freebies laugh

Horo – another stunning render.

I re-rendered a fav of mine – stacked terrains, replaced the sky with a sky and a CloudSphere from David and Horo’s Sky Toolbox product. Love the result.

cloudsphere6-stackedterrains.jpg
    900 x 675 - 536K
    edited July 2017

Jamahoney - thank you Jay. Mind that only the terrains are from the Gritstone Set, the clouds (Sky Toolbox) are not yet available.

Mermaid - thank you. Very well done scene, the light is excellent.

Having some fun with the Gritstone set, terrains (triple stacked), materials and sky are all from this set. Slight material modification to get a bit of mud on the shore of the small lake.

Lochket

Lochlet.jpg
    1200 x 765 - 215K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited July 2017

Ay, Mermaid, looks the heather highlands are-a-calling (and a time for clearing out the Ticks after a long walk amongst them - a bloody nuisance-of-a-bug that can cause Lyme disease - from smelly socks and sweaty boots). Now where is me ole Rabbie Burns poetry book wink 

Gorgeous, Horo...flyover animations would be super - if I have the time will explore: phew, that lake, and others, in the distance is/are so enticing...times.

Jay

Thanks Jay and Horo

Horo - wow, once again a beautiful landscape.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756

Horo and Mermaid: Great renders with beautiful light and atmosphere.

Thanks Hansmar

This discussion has been closed.