Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 10

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,126
    edited July 2017

Jamahoney - thank you Jay. Be careful when going to the lake on a full moon night, it can be a bit spooky, though the Gremlins are usually quite friendly.

Mermaid - thank you.

Hansmar - thank you.

Same terrain as above (previous page), just moved the camera nearer to the lake, posed two gnarly trees and a Gremlin to scare visitors. The EWL fisheye lens in front of the camera to get a diagonal of 180 degrees.

Spooky Night

SpookyNight.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 137K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,002

Horo- very nice not so scary render, lighting is awesome

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited July 2017

That creepy setup image, and dubius character, Horo, is WOW.

The below figures were set up in DAZ, but the entire lighting effects on such are due to a Bryce sky, and radials.

Title: 'Some listen, some hear'.

Jay

SomeListenSomeHear.jpg
    1156 x 730 - 448K
    Post edited by Jamahoney on

• vivienvivien Posts: 184

Finally I got my new computer... I still haven't installed all my bryce. But I was having withdrawal symtoms from the forum... I have a few pages to catch up on but I can already see quite beautiful renders and a few interesting techniques from Horo..

Mermaid - thank you.

Jamahoney - thank you Jay. Excellent realization of the theme.

Vivien - thank you. I hope you get your new computer up and running Bryce so we can marvel with what you'll come up next.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756

Wonderful work, Jay!

Cheers, Horo and Hansmar wink

Oooh, a shiney new computer, Vivien...cool cool

Jay

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 846
    edited July 2017

I wanted to point you to a product, which you can download from Daz3D shop for free in the moment (July 9 2017, 08:00 h (CET)

Lee 6 Starter Bundle

Maybe you find it useful

I quickly made this scene (background is a foto)

Mr. Lee for free

mrlee.jpg
    660 x 660 - 184K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on

We all love the freebies - thanks for the heads-up, Elvis (very nicely composed, too).

Jay

Jay- Awesome love the effect yessmiley

Vivien - Congrats on the new computer, like Horo hope to see your work soon.

Electro-Elvis - nice render, thanks for the link unfortunately I don't use Daz

• @Jamahoney: Thanks a lot. Love you last render. Well done concept.

@mermaid010: Thank you. I can understand you. Daz3D is not THAT intuitive piece of software. At least Lee 6 is for Genesis 2 and therefore can be used in Poser as well.

@Vivien: Welcome back.

@Horo: Nice made scene. I got a bit scared ;-)

edited July 2017

Electro-Elvis - thank you and thanks for the info. I just purchased the Mars Rover and worked for over an hour to open it in Studio. Manual installation and installation with DIM. I got an error that a file was not found and the error log said the same, very helpful. I finally started a DUF file, then it worked, and since then, it works. I'm too daft to use Studio - it scares me.

A bit of fun with the GWL fisheye lens. Diagonal angle of view is 270 degrees so we also look backwards. Tilting the camera adds to the outlandish view. The building is Level 19 by Stonemason, outside an HDRI from the Deep Space HDRI set 1. All visible lamps have radials and this is the only light.

Empty Level

EmptyLevel.jpg
    1200 x 780 - 247K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited July 2017

I also downloaded the Mars's rover - thanks Horo: will prove applicable/useful for future, possible sci-fi projects. Your GWL fisheye view in the latest above is certainly effective - a product that puts across serious, professional graphics for anyone presenting projections, slides etc., in thesis and business.

Jay

edited July 2017

Once more: a tribute to Dave's (Savage - where are you, lately - missing your contributions???) wonderful model - this time in BW for effect.

Let's call it: 'The Khyber Pass' for now - misunderstanding totally the full implications behind such a title, ignorence and history.

Jay

KhyberPass1.jpg
    1762 x 881 - 1M

edited July 2017

Thanks, as always, Mermaid yeswink

Jay

Electro-Elvis - thanks but the only toys I play with are Bryce, a bit of Wings 3D and Photoshop laugh

Horo - EmptyLevel has lot's of depth, I think flipping the render on the vertical will give another awesome view. I'm going to save it and see winklaugh

Jay - once again you made an awesome render using Dave's fabulous model. Love it.yes

edited July 2017

Mermaid - thank you; interesting idea.

Jamahoney - your great Desert Temple render inspired me to go back to it, too. This time, I made clay renders and run into an interesting anti-aliasing issue, which I had to solve and update the PDF "Ambient Occlusion and Clay Renders" (https://horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/AO-Clay.pdf).

In a nutshell, all materials have white Diffuse, a white sphere HDRI (true HDRI, not just a converted LDRI) used only as backdrop, no light (HDRI Effect 0 is mandatory) and render TA. The lower Diffusion for the material and the higher Intensity for the HDRI, the more contrast. The HDRI backdrop is whiter-than-white and anti-aliasing fails at the transition to a darker object. A small white 2D-Face without any shadows between the object and the backdrop resolves the issue; the render time increases because AA works at the transition between the object and the 2D-Face.

Desert Temple (Clay Render)

Desert Temple Cloister (Clay Render)

DT-Clay.jpg
    1200 x 480 - 44K
    DT-Cloister-Clay.jpg
    1200 x 570 - 62K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited July 2017

Cheers, Mermaid....you know what they say 'you can't do wrong with any good model' - I think I owe Dave royalties at this stage angel

That's a very interesting solve, Horo - the 2d-face backdrop produces a very, crisp fine-line effect, too (looking at my own grainy image, I can see those choppy, pixel effects you mention in the PDF).

Jay

Horo - Wow absolutely magnificent, both are awesome.

edited July 2017

Jamahoney - thank you Jay. It's always interesting to figure out how Bryce works.

Mermaid - thank you.

I had some fun with the Gritstone set, I only used that's in it except for some material modification for the beach.

The Divide

TheDivide.jpg
    1200 x 795 - 182K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo- another stunning landscape, perfect materials and lighting.

Agree with Mermaid:stunnig and so natural-looking, Horo (it recalls an awkward moment I took once between an island and land - got stuck in high-deep mud/sediment battling an increasing tide - pheeew - survived).

Jay

edited July 2017

Another landscape using a CloudSphere from David and Horo’s Sky Toolbox.

darkness-cloudsphere5.jpg
    900 x 450 - 262K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

Gorgeous, Mermaid - warm colour is super.

Jay

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756
    edited July 2017

@Electro-Elvis: Lee looks very serene.

@Horo: You use those lenses to good effect. I very much like the Level 19, but the desert temple looks great too. And the landscape is very realistic.

@Jamahoney: What a fantastic piece of art, with that wonderful desert temple in a great landscape!

After a time away from Bryce, restarted by making some abstracts. First one, just some simple spheres. Second one spheres and bars and third one same spheres and bars, but this time with a volumetric cloud material in an additional box around the scene. Which means: two boxes, because there also is the reflecting one.

I think the one with the clouds is more interesting, because it gives more depth and a specific focus and movement from the bottom right side. Which one do you prefer and why?

green balls.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 938K
    spheres and bars.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 474K
    sphere and bars2.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 864K
    Post edited by Hansmar on
    edited July 2017

Cheers, Hansmar wink

Oooh, I would go for your second one, but as for why...well...ermm...I suppose like with all abstracts they sometimes touch the unconscious areas of our minds. So, I haven't an idea as to why, but it does look like something out of the game Portal.

Jay

edited July 2017

Jamahoney - thank you Jay.

Mermaid - thank you. Beautiful landscape from you, the moon is a great addition.

Hansmar - good to see you back; and with cool abstracts, too. Yup, I like the cloudy more, it's more interesting than the "clean" one even though it has a higher contrast.

I've spend some time figuring out how the pixel values in a HDRI translate to light, specular and backdrop. How falloff and apply to light source (Intensity option) work and put what I found and measured in a pdf: https://horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/HDRI-LightCont.pdf. And here I used my new insights. The icosahedron was made in Wings3D some time ago and it has only 60% specularity with halo 0 (and anisotropy). Positioning the dozen spheres was rather fiddly. They are 75% transparent with refraction 95 and 75% reflecting. Backdrop, specular and colour from the Filigree2 HDRI. Renders with max ray depth 12 in this size in 10 minutes.

Icosahedron with Spheres

IcosaSpheres.jpg
    1200 x 1020 - 287K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited July 2017

Horo, and please forgive my ignorence/inexpertise in using Bryce - is AA affecting this abstract too (like in the Savage castle versus the 2d-face effect - where it is obvious)?

I only mention it as the effect (a sort of pixel-gapping) shows in some parts (mostly, the pointy parts).

Again, I'm usually, satisfied with the final image I produce: initially, from a visual-wise perspective, but also from recent posts, observations. Am, for now, aware of pixel-wise levels, too.

Jay

BTW...great render/work

This discussion has been closed.