Thanks Daz3d!

Comments

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    edited January 2017

Thanks Daz3d, I've got this nice UFO that I needed.

Desert_UFO.jpg
    1200 x 700 - 229K
    Post edited by Vyusur on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,249

Thanks all!

Wow! Vyusur, that's a great render! I got that UFO too! 

I love the lighting and composition of that shot - and the color is perfect! Very nice!

I have a small collection of UFOs now, thanks to RDNA being kind enough to freebie that one to us, along with a lot of other wonderful products...

RDNA, Thank You

And Welcome Aboard!!!

Very happy to have you here!

Yeah, I've got petipet's earlier UFO and have my eye on the new, more heavy battleship-style one too, along with his Vimana Fying Machine, which is very UFO-like looking and now this cool one from RDNA. I have a few more too, that I've picked up here and there. UFOs make a great picture and, for some reason, I just cannot help myself but to want to add them to my runtime! ;)

It's always baffled me, why put the bridge on the edge of a spaceship? In space, windows are overrated -- what is there to see? Nothing useful from a command perspective. Plus it's relatively unprotected. Bury the bridge somewhere deep in the bowels of the ship and pipe in feeds from hull cameras Plus have an auxilliary bridge (or admiral's bridge) somewhere else. If you really need a hull-level bridge, say, for docking, you could still build a small facility with just those functions, but generally I'd expect the computers to perform those manoeuvres...

Of course, for tiny spaceships - shuttles, orbitals (what's the space equivalent of "amphibious"? ie designed to work both in and out of atmosphere), fighters etc. it's different.

Very true.

The biggest reason for the glass is for Coolness Factor on screen! I mean, how cool is it when we see this starship approaching and then we see the bridge approaching with people moving around in there! Next we're inside where we can hear them.

Vyusur said:

Dartanbeck, beautiful ship, lighting and volumetric effects! Thank you for the inspiration that's you are.

Thank you! :)  I really appreciate the compliment!

I forgot to mention:

The engine flames in this image are the Freebie Carrara Fire Engine Flames I've made for the SciFi thread made years ago.

How it works:

• Drop it into your scene
    • Orient it the appropriate direction - Note that the hotpoint is at the front end which is directly next to the engine
    • First select the engine, Then Shift-Select the Engine Flame effect
    • Ctrl + K and click all axis in the dialog and hit Okay
    • Deselect the engine model and make any adjustments needed to scale and positioning

I've set it up so that we just work with the whole group for all of these operations. Of course, the individual elements of the effects may be altered to taste ;)

Speaking of "Lovin' it", this new Kit-Bashed Starship is awesome to work with!

Calling it (for now) Marcoor Hunter, but will give it a more suitable name soon

Thanks all!

Wow! Vyusur, that's a great render! I got that UFO too! 

I love the lighting and composition of that shot - and the color is perfect! Very nice!

I have a small collection of UFOs now, thanks to RDNA being kind enough to freebie that one to us, along with a lot of other wonderful products...

RDNA, Thank You

And Welcome Aboard!!!

Very happy to have you here!

Yeah, I've got petipet's earlier UFO and have my eye on the new, more heavy battleship-style one too, along with his Vimana Fying Machine, which is very UFO-like looking and now this cool one from RDNA. I have a few more too, that I've picked up here and there. UFOs make a great picture and, for some reason, I just cannot help myself but to want to add them to my runtime! ;)

Yes, thanks RDNA for great content!

Vyusur said:

Dartanbeck, beautiful ship, lighting and volumetric effects! Thank you for the inspiration that's you are.

I forgot to mention:

The engine flames in this image are the Freebie Carrara Fire Engine Flames I've made for the SciFi thread made years ago.

How it works:

• Orient it the appropriate direction - Note that the hotpoint is at the front end which is directly next to the engine
    • Deselect the engine model and make any adjustments needed to scale and positioning

I've set it up so that we just work with the whole group for all of these operations. Of course, the individual elements of the effects may be altered to taste ;)

Thank you, Dartanbeck, for your compliments too and for the Fire Engine Flames. I downloaded it, but didn't try it yet.

In the end of last year I caught one of your recent videos about human skin shading: customization and saving them in user's library. I watched it up to the end and wanted to leave a comment, but the video suddenly gone. Anyways, it was extremely useful for me. Thank you for that. Now all of my character's eyes are clean, shiny and sparkling.

Cool! Glad you liked it! 

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,929

really enjoying your renders Dart, great to see what can be done in Carrara by a master

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202
    Vyusur said:
    Vyusur said:

I forgot to mention:

How it works:

Thank you, Dartanbeck, for your compliments too and for the Fire Engine Flames. I downloaded it, but didn't try it yet.

In the end of last year I caught one of your recent videos about human skin shading: customization and saving them in user's library. I watched it up to the end and wanted to leave a comment, but the video suddenly gone. Anyways, it was extremely useful for me. Thank you for that. Now all of my character's eyes are clean, shiny and sparkling.

I only managed to watch alittle of the vid befor it was removed to bad as it was very informative.

edited July 2020

Thanks guys! Having fun - this thread is driving me to get all of my new presents optimized right away instead of letting something slip away into the memories of a large runtime ;)

Maybe I'll put that video back up. It's like my other ones so... nothing professional to watch. Just a guy babbling and working at the same time... we'll see. Not even sure I still have it.

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,699

Maybe I'll put that video back up. It's lke my other ones so... nothing profesional to watch. Just a guy babbling and working at the same time... we'll see. Not even sure I still have it.

Please do, if you have it. It's *all* good stuff to have available - especially when we're fighting our own specific/related scene issues. Anymore, it's all we've got!

--ms

edited January 2017

Funny how long it can take to get some of those things from idea to up on YouTube - even when they're just babble-sessions like mine. After enough nasty comments from people wanting better content for their money (Free), all it takes is that one more to rock the cradle hard enough for the contents to spill out and go thump on the ground. Working on text versions ever since ;)  Funny. That takes even longer! LOL

edited July 2020

I'm really glad that I got some cool War Horse stuff for Christmas. Thanks again, Daz3d and Ravenheart!

Worked this up as my initial attempt at shaders for my new Charger Horse and new Astral Armor for Charger, as well as the textures expansion pack for Astral Armor.

Cool how Astral Armor also includes three extra texure setups for the Charger Horse. He's a really cool work horse. Wanted him for years. I guess the big wait is over!

Yes, I already have Daz Horse 2, Predatron's awesome LoRez Horse and the Millennium Horse LE, but getting the full Millennium Horse, Charger Horse, and all of this armor was a cool score! I almost thought it would be redundant, but as it turns out, I'm really glad to have them all. Each have their advantages. In Carrara, these previous Horse versions load, save, and manipulate really quickly. I love 'em! Predatron's comes with so many options it's really versatile. 

I learned how to ride when I was young. I traded labor for lessons and made a lot of friends who are horses and see how individual they are, so it's nice to have all of these different versions. 

edited July 2020

What a difference! Whatever time between  New Year 2017 and now without being a PC member is a first for me - and I don't think I'll let it happen again. Even without spending much more than the membership dues it pays itself off far beyond!

New year!!! New Gear!!!

This will be fun - Dragonstone Fortress Lookout Towers

and Etaiji Pass were picked up with the generous Daz3d 20th Anniversary gift coupon

I'll likely be putting both of those to work right away, after my current animation finishes rendering.

During the New Years sale I polished off my Predatron Goblin collection with Fantasy Armor

The new top Rosie's wearing in the image where she's holding a copy of her Carrara dynamic hair is from Cool Fever for Aiko 3

I've been adding to my TheDigiVault collection - in this sale I got Aftermath and Destroyed City

and got The Artifact  during Christmas, and The First Gate not long before that

Hard Target and Warzone not long, again, before that

So... Yeah... Thanks Again Daz3d!!! And all of you wonderful and generous PAs for helping this all happen so gloriously!

Okay, about those TheDigiVault kits a bit: Warzone is a construction kit that will add "After the War" buildings details to literally any scene, and Destroyed City came later in a bigger, more robust way and includes some really nice preset destroyed city scenes. The others are complete scenes on their own and are very easy to work with while looking fantastic.

More recent grabs thanks to the generosity of Daz3d and their incredible artists

The DigiVault - Dark Passage and Biohazard

Predatron - Light Truck, 14MU Worker Female

Upland Troll and Armor Bundle, Outlook Bundle (Summer, Winter)

Dream It, Plan It, Make It; Giant Fantasy Snake

LoREZ Animals Bundle, LoREZ Skeleton Bundle

PerspectX - Subway Apocalypse

Lots more!!! To be continued!

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    edited January 2020

My! You have been busy buying stuff! Looking forward to seeing what you render with them all.

Post edited by PhilW on
    edited July 2020
    PhilW said:

My! You have been busy buying stuff! Looking forward to seeing what you render with them all.

Yes! PC+ makes it possible! (Thanks again, Daz3d and PAs!!!)

Speaking of which, I'm immensely enjoying another great deal that I got over the Holidays...

ANIMATION IN CARRARA - by PhilW

edited July 2020
    PhilW said:

It's probably hard to tell, not being inside my head and all... but to me, seeing all of these things fits nicely into my plans! 

I get so much stuff from PC+ that I'm not looking for too. Free stuff. I go ahead and grab up most of it because it's nice to have all manner of extra goodies within the library that weren't actively sought out, for those times when I'm just brainstorming or doing something off the beaten path. Beyond that, it's fun to repurpose stuff as well!

Everything I've just listed recently here are things that I wanted before getting them over the Holidays. I had no idea I was going to be bringing so much precious goodies home to my libraries. So when I say: "Thank You Daz3d and PAs", it's not an empty statement. I really am overjoyed and appreciative.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,812
    PhilW said:

Another DAZ hoarder !!! wink

Bunyip02 said:
    PhilW said:

Seriously? Okay, I challenge you to name any one of those items that isn't totally worthy of being in a movie! cheeky

Hoard? Yeah... ya got me there! But it's a nice hoard! cool

edited January 2020

... continued ...                                           

I've always seen this guy in PC+ and finally grabbed him shortly after rejoining the membership a while back. He's a great, characterful little robot capable of carrying out many duties aboard a star vessel or space station.

So I was overjoyed when Moonscape Graphics and Sade retextured him (substance, looks like?) and then went ahead and made the upgrade PC+... it's been on my list long enough, so I finally made the claim!

I already have SRB 800 in a rendered animation, but luckily that was Rosie 4, so I have to render it again anyway! wink

With the exception of the Iray updates, once I get the "Aged" version of this, which I also got during the Holidays I'll have the complete (to date) Marcoor starship collection. I really like this line of products! The details are incredible. Big Ravnheart fan = me!

Speaking of Incredible Details! I've been and always plan to be furthering my Petipet collection. Over the Holidays I added Solaris Control Cabin and Portal to the Solaris Corridor and both stations I already have, which fit right in with many other cool sci-fi/space kits I have from him.

Still working out the shaders in Carrara, I have an upcoming scene that I thought this product would work beautifully for, so came my first purchase from Blackbeard's cool collection of products. By the looks of this one, I'll be getting more - especially from the rest of this series. This one is the SciFi Living Room. Especially for things like this, I really appreciate when the kit comes with a complete preload, but then is also a construction kit for building on further extensions that match without any further purchases. The same can be said for Ravnheart's and Petipet's kits above - and Jack Tomalin also delivers this sort of 'kit' as well. Love it! 

I know you guys always want me to post up renders of this stuff. With my lack of fulfilling these demands, you'd be surprised to learn how many of these things are optimized and ready for render - and how many of them already exist in renders I've done. Being in animation phase, I just haven't posted anything yet.

With my previous computer dying on me, I felt it would be a good time to start again and just redo Everything. Alas... I have come to my senses and, while Dart and Rosie and some of the other people are being rebuilt anew from the ground up, many of these optimized sets will still live on as they were, or possibly get the slight tweak here and there.

Turns out that Windows 10 lets me access my old Win 7 HDD without a hitch. I just had to enter my previous Windows password once, and now it just lets me in. With the SSD support and other nice design features of my new motherboard, those older SATA drives work at the advertised speeds of 6GB/sec - and I finally see how fast that really is! So I'm thinking of wiping most of my libraries off of my SSD to free up all that space, and just use that previous drive that contains my previous installations. 

Anyway, I keep wanting to sneak in some time to work out a still image to post, but then when the one animation's render is complete, I move on to the next and render it - so I never end up getting that still image. I'll do it though. 

The Artifact, by TheDigiVault, is really freaking cool (and HUGE!). I have a really neat animated sequence rendered using volumetric light as sort of effect of fusion going on - unsure by looking as to weather it's caused by the Artifact or is happening to the Artifact, but it makes a somewhat disturbingly unstable feeling as the camera slowly rises from the depths, eventually coming to focus on the main containment floor over more than six seconds, and holding position with a gentle rotation over the final few in a shot that's over ten seconds. Rare for me to make such a long sequence in one shot - but it felt right to do it this way for this reveal.

Any still within that sequence looks pretty cool - but isn't nearly as dramatic as the sequence itself, yet I am not going to launch such a short thing to YouTube when there's still so much to do. So maybe I'll grab a frame or two in there somewhere and post it up. We'll see.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,812
    Bunyip02 said:
    PhilW said:

Seriously? Okay, I challenge you to name any one of those items that isn't totally worthy of being in a movie! cheeky

Welcome to the DAZ Scroungers & Hoarders club !!!!!!

Bunyip02 said:
    Bunyip02 said:
    PhilW said:

Welcome to the DAZ Scroungers & Hoarders club !!!!!!

LOL!!! My hoard is much smaller than what most of you have, but I'm enjoying the building of it! Then I go through and open most of them in Carrara and save them as an optimized element. Petipet's Solaris Portal turned out really freaking cool!!! It should work perfectly for porting folks places or from places, like the Artifact, for example, which also looks fantastic!

Predatron's LR Upland Troll is superb with his shaders all set and my feature enhancing light rig! I have the Giant Fantasy Snake saved out as seen in the image of the new Dartanbeck figure. He's glossy like that on purpose, but it's super easy to lower that down for times when I might want him to have a more dry appearance.

Most of TheDigiVaults scenes are saved in a least one optimized fashion. I love how easy they are to work with, and he numbers his material zones to match the numbers for the corresponding maps, making optimization for such detailed kits a real treat!

I started working on Dragonstone Fortress but had to save and exit before it was complete - but it's really cool too!

Argh... so much other non-computer stuff going on right now pulling me away. So for those times I've been sacrificing at least part of the time that I should be sleeping to make up the difference - so I never go a full 24 hours without Carrara sort of thing.

I just optimized a new save for Demonecornuto that will be used for an upcoming animation run. He's such a cool model! I also optimized the Giant Fantasy Spider and then started playing around with ideas for animating her. Crazy. Such cool creatures! I look at my Predatron runtime and delight over how much it's grown recently. All those new LR Animals are just what I'm going to be needing really soon, so I can't thank him enough for allowing such heavy discounts over the Holiday season.

If only I had more cash to play with during those sales - there was a LOT more stuff I wanted to grab!

Complete (so far)!!! Thanks Daz 3D and Ravnheart!!! :)

Although I'm currently using the original textures that came with them, I now have the complete collection for Marcoor FG Star Ship! I'll be using these "Aged" expansions for when the ship is in Emergency status, because it has beautiful red textures for all of the glowing panels and screens, lights, etc.,

SS Marcoor Medbay Aged

Complete (so far)!!! Thanks Daz 3D and TheAntFarm!!!

I now have the complete BC Movie Stands Collection!!! Love these things! They are incredible versatile for hero renders, but also work well for fleshing out scenes. Amazing how handy these things can be.

BC Movie Stands - The Island

Holy cool character preset! Thanks Daz 3D and gypsyangel!!!

I've been collecting some Foe character presets for some time now, but this guy is going to be on Our side!!! :)  

So Cool!!!

Atticus for Gianni 6

I've been working on Hybrid Hair systems lately - using conforming or Prop hair that we actually see, and then adding to it (often making it longer) using Carrara's Dynamic Hair.

On that front, I've added these as PC+ Sale gifts - all of which have worked very well in the experiment. Perfectly, in fact!

K-Nicky Hair

Lady Elf Hair

Wild Orchid Hair

Timeless Male Hair