Thanks Daz3d!

What a Merry Christmas I'm having from Daz3d and the wonderful artists here! 

A bit down on my luck lately, this sort of thing really helps pick a person up a bit!

Just recently the huge Platinum Club Plus give-aways and super-low deals filled around three whole pages in my Product Library - all really great stuff too!

I'm one whom has always been a Daz3d fan - ever since I've learned of their existence. So I have a whole lot of favorites that date back to their earliest of years. Owning Carrara really expanded that as well. Even if an item just comes with basic colors that might look a little weird on its own can become absolutely wonderful in this gem of a 3D studio - truly.

Saying that, I've been afraid to turn on any shopping filters during this whole Holiday Giveaway thing - scared that I might miss something really cool!

I've got stuff for Genesis, V4, M4 and Mil Dragon and Dragon 3, as well as some other great things. It's so darned exciting for me to be able to do this stuff!

How many times have I gone right past Nybras - not taking a close enough look to see how truly awesome he is. Yes, I have the mighty Demonecornuto, by Predatron and a cool Demon for Genesis by RAWART. But there's always room for a new demon in my runtime - and now I find out that Nybras is so much more excellent than I've ever imagined - getting him for Free! 

Dragon 3 is really cool - got some awesome stuff for him. That'll never replace my Mil Dragon 2 that I love so much - got some cool stuff for him too and grabbed the Wyvern 2.0 as well! Castles, vehicles, Sci Fi environmental and control props...

Man! A lot of cool stuff already!

Thank You Daz3d and all artists involved in all of this! Merry Christmas to You Too!!! heart

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,236

Man! I was looking around for a small star ship cockpit that I can kit-bash with some ships I have that don't have visible cockpits - just an idea I was messing around with.

During this Christmas Week Giveaway, I come across this fine vehicle.

I've been collecting this whole series anyway, since I really like the look of them all - probably why I didn't see more of these in there.

Is this not the perfect cockpit for what I was looking to do? What a Score! 

What a great Christmas Present!

edited December 2016

Free? Really? Oh... not so much free... more like... it's a Christmas Present!

Thanks! I Love it! 

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 2016

Hey Design Anvil,

Thanks a million! I Love it!!!

edited December 2016

Stonemason,

Thanks, my friend! It's perfect! :)

Runtime DNA,

Wow... you folks have been filling my runtimes since you've come to Daz3d. Thanks a million, all... I really like your stuff!

I do a LOT of Sci Fi images... true. But I also love Fantasy!

Dragons, Heroes, Trolls, Orcs, Goblins... all manner of fun fantastical stuff. What goes better with fantasy than Castles?

I have been collecting Castles and Castle Accessories all along. 

LaurieS, Thanks for the gift! This (finally) completes my collection of this awesome new fantasy castles kit!

It feels like years since we've left home in search of this Mystical Persona. Finally... we're here!  Thanks Daz3d!

Danie, Marforno, 

I've always been a HUGE fan! I love how you put kits together which combine some great scenery props along with amazing poses that go with them... such incredible vision! 

When I opened this present, I nearly... um... well... I Love it! Thank You So Much!!!

This Tower looks Fantastic and the poses for Dragon 3 that come with... Wow!!! I'm in Awe!

Davorama! It's been too long!

I'm glad I got this stuff! Not only have I always wanted them, but it got me to visit your store and bookmark a bunch of other cool stuff I was planning on getting a while ago! This stuff is SO Cool!!!

Thanks!

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693

You're too much, Dart!

I'm gobbling this all up as well! What space-ship was that?

Get the philw animation tutorial and get yet another freebie!, and probably as a new release, other prices drop to 70% on some of the specials... urg!

(tnx Daz!, sort of...),

--ms

edited December 2016
    mindsong said:

What space-ship was that?

You mean this one?

It's not a space ship, it's a submarine product with actually two versions in it: The SS Fluke and the HMS Fin

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    mindsong said:

You're too much, Dart!

I'm gobbling this all up as well! What space-ship was that?

Get the philw animation tutorial and get yet another freebie!, and probably as a new release, other prices drop to 70% on some of the specials... urg!

(tnx Daz!, sort of...),

--ms

Man! Another day of crazy Christmas presents! I'll be getting Phil's latest course very soon. 

I finally brought home the HMS Victory. I've been wanting it for a long time... I just don't render out at sea much - so something else always stood in its way.

I also grabbed some cool new stuff for Genesis 2 and Genesis and topped it all off with the Aged texture packs for my SS Marcoor Star Ship Corridors. I was actually planning on making my own aged texture maps for that - but since these folks already put all of that effort in.... ;)

I'm going to put that HMS Victory into the top one of these ;)

I love TheAntFarm!

I've been a fan of his from the very beginning of my being into this stuff. Ravenheart and Toxic Angel are killer too! I'm a fan of there's now - big time. Ravenheart made the SS Marcoor and Toxic Angel does the texture expansion packs. 

Oh... LOL... I've just discovered that that submarine combo pack requires a base model: Calypso MSBN  I usually catch that sort of thing. No matter. I'll have that as well! :)

Correction: ToxicAngel did the textures for the Marcoor FG Ship and SS Marcoor Control Room. The others were all done by Ravenheart.

• HA, yes it has been, and continues to be, an amazing series of gifts from DAZ.

I picked up the HMS Victory a few days ago.  A no-brainer.

I've seen plenty of renders here with realistic choppy seas.  I assumed that I would eventually find a shader that would do that.

But I see that you have enlisted an Ant Farm product (one of my fave PA's as well) to provide the sea.  I've seem those "base camp" products before, but didn't know exactly what they were.

Can you explain?  Should I go this route, or are there other reasonable ways to make a stormy sea in Carrara?

edited December 2016

Some people use PhilW's Realistic Seas product (currently on Sale for cheap!), which is a special shader on a special terrain piece.

I usually use the Ocean primitive since I endeavor to make animations from every scene I save. Particles can be used under the primitive to introduce additional effects - though I haven't tried that yet. 

I usually begin with the water shaders in the browser samples and tweak from there.

I see that you have enlisted an Ant Farm product (one of my fave PA's as well) to provide the sea.  I've seem those "base camp" products before, but didn't know exactly what they were.

Can you explain?  Should I go this route, or are there other reasonable ways to make a stormy sea in Carrara?

No - not as a main scene.

Those Base Camp stands are made for taking "Hero" shots of figures.

Notice the very light arrow in this image: :"Your Character Here"

So what I meant was that I want to make a Hero shot of this ship - probably covered with low-res sailors across the deck and in the rigging! ;)

I've always wanted these Base Camp things. There are many more, too, like Roof Toppers, I have the office kits, and there's the Techno series too.

I should also add that some poducts come with some pretty cool water pieces as well. At another vendor, I've purchased a ship called the Wave Cutter, and it comes with an ocean prop as well as a separate wake prop. It also came with some very nice sky domes. Many Winnston1984's products come with very nice sky domes.

• Well, thanks!  I feel embarrased not knowing about Phil's product.  Going in the cart today!

Some people use PhilW's Realistic Seas product (currently on Sale for cheap!), which is a special shader on a special terrain piece.

I usually use the Ocean primitive since I endeavor to make animations from every scene I save. Particles can be used under the primitive to introduce additional effects - though I haven't tried that yet. 

I usually begin with the water shaders in the browser samples and tweak from there.

I've started using the water shaders.  So much fun.  As for the ocean primitive - down the road.

And thanks for explaining The Ant Farm product.  I guess that what you see - a very small scale plaque with a terrain on it - is what you get!

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

UB ;

Carrara has a really powerful shader system,. and there should be some example liquid shaders in your carrara content.

The Ocean primitive object, comes with a default ocean water shader,. which you can edit and change the colour or any other shader option.

you can add white foam to the tops of waves by adding an environment shader, or terrain shader set to apply to a specific altitude

or,.  you can use texture maps in a shader,.

Carrara also has a shader Plugin called "Terrain tools" (digital carvers guild) which helps create foam beah textures by using the interection of planes and terrains.

can also be used on any other intersecting objects to create many different shader effects.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I've gone completely crazy myself.  I did pick up the Realistic seas and skies bundle.  I got so much new stuff I've had to purchase an external hard drive because there isn't room for it anymore.  Its just complety nuts! Picked up some shaders for Carrara, and oh my gosh so much stuff!

I've gone completely crazy myself.  I did pick up the Realistic seas and skies bundle.  I got so much new stuff I've had to purchase an external hard drive because there isn't room for it anymore.  Its just complety nuts! Picked up some shaders for Carrara, and oh my gosh so much stuff!

Very cool! I'm glad you're having so much fun. You've certainly ben showing that you're getting Carrara skills very well!

edited February 2021

HA, yes it has been, and continues to be, an amazing series of gifts from DAZ.

I picked up the HMS Victory a few days ago.  A no-brainer.

I've seen plenty of renders here with realistic choppy seas.  I assumed that I would eventually find a shader that would do that.

But I see that you have enlisted an Ant Farm product (one of my fave PA's as well) to provide the sea.  I've seem those "base camp" products before, but didn't know exactly what they were.

..and here 'tis

Wow. The HMS Victory is an AMAZING figure! I wasn't expecting it to be as excellent as it is. Inside and out, this thing is a real Beauty!

I did almost nothing to the water shader for the Base Camp Volume 1 Water Topper. Cool how this works. We pick a Base Camp base, then with that selected, double-click the topper we want and it parents to the base in a stored position - which is (in the case of the Water Topper) a diferent position than if we just load it directly.

I tweaked all of the shaders for the HMS, but only very quickly. I'll be optimizing them in the near future.

The main reason I've waited so long to get this ship is because I already have a ship (as mentioned above) that I really like. Here's my Wave Cutter in the Ocean primitive, which in this scene is 200 x 200 ft, then replicated into a really huge sheet. Using one of the water shaders from Woodlands. I really like this ship too. Much smaller.

Oh... and that's one of the sky domes that come with the Wave Runner

The image of the HMS Victory is using one of Tim Payne's Realistic Skies in the Woodlands Realistic Sky Base Scene

The Victory and the Base Camp are dropped into the Focus Group to take advantage of some automatic light linking ;)

WaveCutter_Day1.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 430K
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

Yes, thanks Daz, I have picked up some great freebies over this last week.  I hope everyone here has a wonderful Christmas and New Year!

PhilW said:

Yes, thanks Daz, I have picked up some great freebies over this last week.  I hope everyone here has a wonderful Christmas and New Year!

Thank You Too, Phil!!! Merry Christmas!!!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Yes Merry Christmas everyone!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,816

ditto 

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,768

Merry Christmas !!!!!!

• 3DAGE said:

UB ;

Carrara has a really powerful shader system,. and there should be some example liquid shaders in your carrara content.

The Ocean primitive object, comes with a default ocean water shader,. which you can edit and change the colour or any other shader option.

Well, I'm finally getting to the point where I can try out new things without get too confused.  Between prompting from you and Dart, I had to take a look.  Ocean primitive and shader works great, thanks!

..and here 'tis

Wow. The HMS Victory is an AMAZING figure! I wasn't expecting it to be as excellent as it is. Inside and out, this thing is a real Beauty!

Indeed!  I appreciate you posting the ship and base, and instructions.  A unique product.  Reminds me of models (that came with bases) I put together as a kid.

The main reason I've waited so long to get this ship is because I already have a ship (as mentioned above) that I really like.

I do too!

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Love that render of the Victory.yes I've been aboard that ship many times; she was built in the town where I was born, and is docked in the town where I went to uni, and I believe she's the world's oldest warship still holding a commission. Totally awsome!

Happy Christmas everyone!

edited December 2016

Indeed!  I appreciate you posting the ship and base, and instructions.  A unique product.  Reminds me of models (that came with bases) I put together as a kid.

Yup. I think that's the intention of these things - plus to give the artist a nice, quick scene to render their figures in. yes

TheAntFarm Rocks! He has a bunch of these things. I got the Tech Tiles combo kit too, just today. I've noticed that all of his work is top-notch, which makes it easy to work with.

Love that render of the Victory.yes I've been aboard that ship many times; she was built in the town where I was born, and is docked in the town where I went to uni, and I believe she's the world's oldest warship still holding a commission. Totally awsome!

Wow... she's still in service?!!! I have to see if I can get on that thing with Rosie and my Dad!

We took my Dad on a Tall Ship hour cruise for his birthday a couple years ago - Loved it! They let me raise the sails and climb around on the rigging... I had a real blast!

Merry Christmas

Yes! Merry Christmas!