Thanks Daz3d!

Comments

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

Dart - great atmospherics in that image!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,249
    edited July 2020

Thanks!

It seems a little over-done all by itself like this, but when we add more objects of interest, like tanks, jeeps, helicopters, planes, etc., it'll even out really nicely and has that After the War look to it ;)

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • MiloMilo Posts: 511

great that you got all that.  I was dissappointed in that I couldnt get in till late, thought I had enough time, but searching through the 3000+ items that I didn't already own, took a while, to wittle down to a list of 8, and by the time I did the sale expired.. so no freebies for that one.. ahh well

Milo said:

great that you got all that.  I was dissappointed in that I couldnt get in till late, thought I had enough time, but searching through the 3000+ items that I didn't already own, took a while, to wittle down to a list of 8, and by the time I did the sale expired.. so no freebies for that one.. ahh well

Oh bummer!

edited February 2021

More cool stuff rendered!

I love these Base Camp bases by TheAntFarm! I'm certain to be using them a lot!

This NRH Vulcan is now a classic in this store. Don't let that fool you! This thing is So Totally Cool! I wanted to add some movements between the canopy and it's hinge for when I used the Open Canopy dial. I couldn't do what I wanted until I changed the constaints along the X axis, but once I did that, I found that I no longer had to add my custom moments, because it already worked how I was going to tweak it! Just needed constraints fixed a little! Sweet!

Cone light was added in place of coming up with some sort of background. I wanted the Tech Base to BE the scene!

That cone light looks really effective!

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

See Dart, that's what I mean - your sense of lighting is just awesome!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086

+1

See Dart, that's what I mean - your sense of lighting is just awesome!

edited July 2020

Lights are fun! I have a cloud in the Gel of the spot, and then use that as fog in the cone effect, along with playing a lot with falloff until I get a render I like. While that might sound time-consuming, I've dedicated my life to getting fast renders - so it only takes a few seconds to test.

edited July 2020

I couldn't believe my eyes.

I was just messing with the fire, as I always do when optimizing a new product, grabbed one of the missiles and pulled it forward and flames came out the back end as it exited the tube! I kept taking it back and forth to see if, perhaps, it all fits inside... it doesn't. I've consolidated all of the flames to use the same shader and as this thing leaves the launch tube it's fire is already there - no dials needed! It looks really cool!

I really like this model - and love these Base Camp bases as well! Glad I grabbed them!

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited December 2016

One through the RuntimeDNA Christmas giveaway, and the other through the Daz3d Christmas giveaway, I got both Project Xion Vol. 2 and Project Xion Vol. 3, and was going to come back and get Vol.1 the next day, but it was removed from the list - which is fine. I'm happy to pay for one after seeing how nicely these things can work.

Agreed!  I got volume 1 on Dec 9 for free.  Don't even remember why it was free back then.

Been playing with Project Xion and learning Carrara.

In the following WIP, I added another freebie (thanks, Daz!) of the petipet sci-fi antenna, and repurposed a petipet airship that was almost free. The most expensive thing was some product called Starry Sky. smiley  What a blessing to have a star field handy in the Carrara scene browser.  Even at that, I dumbed it down, because I didn't want many stars.  This is an amazing product of which I haven't even scratched the surface yet.

Thanks to everyone - especially Dart - for all your help this year.  What a forum!

In 2087, a rich tycoon named Barak Trump builds the first intersteller hotel within the moons of Jupiter, the Mesa Hotel:

Mesa Hotel1.png
    1084 x 626 - 807K
    Post edited by UnifiedBrain on

Wow, that looks Wonderful!

Love the terrain, the use of Vimana Flying Machine, etc., Looks fantastic! And, yes... Starry Sky was built from the ground up to be highly customizeable and animation friendly.

That glass shader on the spheres make a fantastic addition to the whole thing... Very well done UB!!! Bravo!

edited January 2017

I'm still having much fun bringing in my presents and optimizing them and storing my Carrara versions to my handy-dandy browser.

Here I have the wonderful Dorpodon on yet another Base Camp base setup, with yet another Cone-Effected spot light behind him

Dorpodon.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 558K
    Pendulum.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 733K
    edited January 2017

...and Ravenhart's killer (pardon the pun) Pendulum Set

• Stonemason,

Thanks, my friend! It's perfect! :)

Wow what a shot!

Yeah!

That's an image from Stonemason's Promo Images. Steffan knows how to render - truth be told!

I brought it into Carrara (came in really nice! DUF version for Daz Studio) and this is how I saved it so far. Bit more recent after the war ;)

It's an amazing scene. All sorts of angles to grab, all sorts of niches to focus upon!

I couldn't believe my eyes.

I was just messing with the fiure, as I always do when optimizing a new product, grabbed one of the missiles and pulled it forward and flames came out the back end as it exited the tube! I kept taking it back and forth to see if, perhaps, it all fits inside... it doesn't. I've consolidated all of the flames to use the same shader and as this thing leaves the launch tube it's fire is already there - no dials needed! It looks really cool!

I really like this model - and love these Base Camp bases as well! Glad I grabbed them!

So it does! - that's cool!

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Wow Dart,  Absolutely impressed with your mastery of atmosphere... not to mention your great looking Shaders and textures, posing etc.

Thanks wgdjohn!

I'm currently writing some nice articles on doing this shader stuff. It's taking a long time because there's a lot to cover, but I hope it'll be worth it in the end ;)

I still have the habit of posing by hand. I just find a ceratin enjoyment out of rotating joints to create just the pose I want, even though most of them that I've done recently were just quickly made to test render my characters.

Most of my atmosphere shots have come from just tweaking the Base system from EnvironKits :)   Not trying to hard-sell... I just find those Base start-up scenes to be a great starting point. I'm writing articles on that stuff too - both tweaking EnvironKit systems as well as starting from scratch. 

edited February 2021

Although I've recently posted this elsewhere, I wanted to add this here, since it all started from getting the SS Fluke (along with the HMS Fin (Yellow version)) for Christmas from Daz3d.

I picked the SS Fluke (add-on texture kit for Calypso, which I ended up buying on the cheap to make it work) as a cool cockpit kit-bash add-on to another figure I have by CyberTenko from Renderosity.

Here's the Calypso (left) and the SS Fluke/HMS Fin Texture pack (right)

More images of just the SS Fluke portion of the expansion

So it's a perfect add-on for what I was looking for. The figure in question, by CyberTenko, has a cpu slot where the cockpit would be. The above cockpit shots shown me how perfectly this submarine would work as a canopy! I especially love the hatches on top!

The Drone ship called "Hunter Killer Drone", and here's how it looks before (left) and after (right) adding the SS Fluke

Here's the new idea that spawned from it all:

Kit Bash on New Year's Day

(I did this yesterday: 01/01/2017)

Always being a Firefly/Serenity fan, I saw the Marcoor FG ship as a means for a similarly sized vessel - a home in space for my characters.

I recently picked up Calypso and an expansion pack for it to add a cockpit to this drone, which only has a cpu module where a cockpit would go. The SS Fluke addon for the Calypso made for a perfect cockpit for it!

So last night I was thinking about how those large rocket engines would look on either side of the Marcoor FG... hmmmm... I tried it out and, after a bunch of tweaking... it looks (and works) beautifully!!!

Note: All Top View images are using the same camera, same zoom, so we're seeing the actual scales in comparison - same goes for the front perspective views

Here's the top view of the Marcoor

Here's the top of the Drone (Hunter-Killer) - after being scaled to fit with the Marcoor

Here's the merging from the same angle

Here are the front views

Marcoor

Hunter-Killer Drone

Merge

Final Render within a Project Xion city - heat ripple added in Project Dogwaffle Howler

I'd also like to add that the arms seen under the ship are the landing gear from the Drone (by CyberTenko) which works beautifully with this kit-bash. They end up at an excellent center of gravity. Plus, although I didn't mind animating them by hand, the Marcoor's landing gear (now removed) pose dials don't work in Carrara - the Drone's do! :)  Truly, though... positioning the landing gear from the marcoor is super easy - no big deal that the dials don't work... really. I just really like the added coolness this kitbash offers this amazingly cool vessel!

I've never really taken top-view shots like that before. Looks pretty cool now that I look at it! :)

edited July 2020

Now to have some fun with the aged interior!

I still have to get my hands on the aged version of the control room which, by the way - like the Battlestar Galactica, doesn't have windows. We navigate the ship via controls in the command chairs, or by entrusting a robot or cyborg to work that end of things. We do both on our ship.

I just realised - thanks to your post above - that I got the Fluke and Fin set in the recent giveaway, but I thought it was a complete set. Now I realise that it is a texture set for Calypso, which I don't have! Doh!

PhilW said:

I just realised - thanks to your post above - that I got the Fluke and Fin set in the recent giveaway, but I thought it was a complete set. Now I realise that it is a texture set for Calypso, which I don't have! Doh!

Yeah... same thing happened to me, but I didn't mind. Fluke and Fin caught my eye because I've always stopped and looked at it whenever it was on the page. I just really like the look of both of them. So then when I look at Calypso... same applies. It's a great figure, too. Very nicely modeled and rigged!

edited February 2021

Okay, I still have some work to do on these, but this is both SS Marcoor Corridor 1 and 2 plus the Aged add-ons applied. We're only seeing some of it, and using Fenric's Tree Duplicate function (these are figures, not props) I made enough extra pieces to make for a really nice setup.

Love these new textures! I like the originals, but these have a much more 'lived-in' look. Also, I didn't want it too dark so I'm mixing the original bright textures half-and-half with the aged textures, then using the specularity and bump maps from the newer aged set.

I just Love It!!!

edited February 2021

Speaking of "Lovin' it", this new Kit-Bashed Starship is awesome to work with!

Calling it (for now) Marcoor Hunter, but will give it a more suitable name soon

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

It's always baffled me, why put the bridge on the edge of a spaceship? In space, windows are overrated -- what is there to see? Nothing useful from a command perspective. Plus it's relatively unprotected. Bury the bridge somewhere deep in the bowels of the ship and pipe in feeds from hull cameras Plus have an auxilliary bridge (or admiral's bridge) somewhere else. If you really need a hull-level bridge, say, for docking, you could still build a small facility with just those functions, but generally I'd expect the computers to perform those manoeuvres...

Of course, for tiny spaceships - shuttles, orbitals (what's the space equivalent of "amphibious"? ie designed to work both in and out of atmosphere), fighters etc. it's different.

And yes I too have a whole bunch of texture etc sets that are addons for things I don't have. Speaking of which, even after several months and a whole bunch of sales, 25% of owners of my Parthenon Bank don't have the Club base set required to use it!

Great work on thise images Dart! The corridor set is wonderfully lit and rendered, could easily pass for a proper movie set.

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    edited January 2017

Dartanbeck, beautiful ship, lighting and volumetric effects! Thank you for the inspiration that you are.

Post edited by Vyusur on