Happy Holidays PA Gifts!

Comments

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,853
    edited December 2016

Calling all Cartoon, Comic and Newsprint render monsters, here is what you have been waiting for...comic/newsprint style shader presets for Star2.0.  Dick Tracy would be so jealous (anyone remember Dick Tracy?).  Let me just turn on my wrist walkie-talkie and get him on the line, lol.

Today's gift item is from Eustace Scrubb and is an add-on to his Skunkville Noir shader comic shader set.  A big thank you as well to Feral Fey for rendering the beautiful promotional images.

At the heart of Skunkville are the comic effects that change the ordinary surface’s appearance into a vivid comic-book or newsprint panel, or eye-popping dot pop art.

DOWNLOAD STAR OVER SKUNKVILLE HERE

VIEW SKUNKVILLE NOIR SHADER BASE HERE

VISIT EUSTACE SCRUBB STORE

StarOverSkunkville Cover.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    StarSkunkville Inside1a.jpg
    2000 x 1300 - 3M
    StarSkunkville Inside3a.jpg
    2000 x 1300 - 3M
    StarSkunkville Inside2a.jpg
    2000 x 1300 - 3M
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 2016

As a little extra holiday cheer I wanted to share a 2D item I made a long while ago.  Maybe someone will print one of these out and hand write a real letter instead of email.  Does anyone hand write letters anymore?  Even my Christmas card greetings are getting shorter, lol.  I hope Eustace doesn't mind me posting right behind him but I ended up with more items than I thought I would.

I call these Bauble Letterhead.  This is in PSD format with layers.  Turn the layers on and off as needed.  You will need a software such as PhotoShop, Paint Shop Pro or Gimp to use this.

Created using XaraXtreme 5 Pro

DOWNLOAD BAUBLES LETTERHEAD HERE

BaublesLetterhead.jpg
    1000 x 1018 - 207K
    txt
    txt
    readme-baublesletterhead.txt
    Post edited by NGartplay on
  • LianaLiana Posts: 1,035
    edited December 2016
    Fisty said:
    barbult said:

I discovered that the dress works extremely well on the Growing Up Youth morph, too. Many dresses for G3F cause terrible breast area distortion, but this one does not!

Because I made custom fit morphs for all the growing up shapes. wink

Oh, that was really nice of you. :)

Edit: More goodies. A very nice christmas gifts the PAs are sharing. :)

Post edited by Liana on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    NGartplay said:

As a little extra holiday cheer I wanted to share a 2D item I made a long while ago.  Maybe someone will print one of these out and hand write a real letter instead of email.  Does anyone hand write letters anymore?  Even my Christmas card greetings are getting shorter, lol.  I hope Eustace doesn't mind me posting right behind him but I ended up with more items than I thought I would.

I call these Bauble Letterhead.  This is in PSD format with layers.  Turn the layers on and off as needed.  You will need a software such as PhotoShop, Paint Shop Pro or Gimp to use this.

Created using XaraXtreme 5 Pro

DOWNLOAD BAUBLES LETTERHEAD HERE

Thank you, NGartplay! :)

• ElspathElspath Posts: 180

Thank you so much to everyone. These are awesome stocking stuffers.

• Thanks so much for all these great freebies! This community is the best!

• l_stowel_stowe Posts: 165

Thank you for all of these gifts! Have a merry christmas everybody :)

• Fisty said:
    barbult said:

I discovered that the dress works extremely well on the Growing Up Youth morph, too. Many dresses for G3F cause terrible breast area distortion, but this one does not!

Because I made custom fit morphs for all the growing up shapes. wink

(Innocent humming) yes that is Greatly Appreciated on that and other outfits . Because I use the Growing up and "Shape Shift" dials to un-do some of the 'Duck' tenancies that are quite popular (and sell well) with many figures, lol.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,317

Thank you to all for the gifts.

A render using some of them.

Candy-Cane.jpg
    707 x 1000 - 164K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,602
    NGartplay said:

Hello ladies and gentlemen and people of all ages!  How's your holidays going?  Good I hope and hoping that it gets even better with today's offering.

Today's gift comes to you from Enchanted Pixie and ChangelingChick.  It is an Earth add-on for their popular Ciara For Genesis 3 Female set.  Beautiful Earth tones and woodland looks can now be yours.

Descriptive text:
    Ciara from the Unseelie courts now has another element under her control. Earth is now hers to command! Ciara's Earth Expansion is a full new base skin, complete with 12 basic eyeshadows, 7 fantasy makeups, 10 new green eyeliner presets (in Ciara's original styles), 10 lip color options, 10 coordinating nail options, 3 new sclera options, 3 new eye color options and a new eye glow option.

Please note that this is an expansion only and requires the original Ciara for Genesis 3 Female.  This add-on product is base maps only, no utilities. The eyeliners are a preset only, no maps.

DOWNLOAD CIARA EARTH HERE

LINK TO VIEW CIARA FOR GENESIS 3 FEMALE

Click on their names if you would like visit their stores  - ChangelingChick - Enchanted Pixie

This is a lovely gift! I don't have the character, but some of it works with G3F anyway. THANK YOU, ChangelingChick and Enchanted Pixie! It's Very Cool! 

...divamakeup, thanks as well. Wasn't sure as I don't have the character but this looks good.

edited December 2016
    NGartplay said:

Calling all Cartoon, Comic and Newsprint render monsters, here is what you have been waiting for...comic/newsprint style shader presets for Star2.0.  Dick Tracy would be so jealous (anyone remember Dick Tracy?).  Let me just turn on my wrist walkie-talkie and get him on the line, lol.

Today's gift item is from Eustace Scrubb and is an add-on to his Skunkvill Noir shader comic shader set.  A big thank you as well to FeralFey for rendering the beautiful promotional images.

At the heart of Skunkville are the comic effects that change the ordinary surface’s appearance into a vivid comic-book or newsprint panel, or eye-popping dot pop art.

..ah alas, the first one I have to pass on as I don't have Star. 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Wow you guys are just amazing thank you so much!  Beautiful stuff!  Really wonderful generosity you guys, I so appreciate it.

Kyoto Kid said '..ah alas, the first one I have to pass on as I don't have Star. '

Darn sweety, I feel so bad for you :D   Just teasing, I loved the original Star! figure but I still haven't done any learning to use G3F characters and other Daz figures.  They'll have me out on my ear as a vendor soon if I don't start that learning process.  Anime/toon stuff isn't everyone's cup of tea.  I'm such a troll fan that I thought I'd never go for the cutesy stuff but I have.   Who would of thunk?

edited December 2016

...I have accumulated quite a bit of content for Aiko 3 over the years.  She is still pretty much my anime "go to" character.  I also have .Hitomi for Genesis as well.

Wasn't much of a toon fan at first but Sadie grew on me, Now I pretty much have the most of 3DUniverse's family of toon characters.

While she is a lovely character, Star didn't arrive here at Daz until recently (after I ended up on a fixed income and thus excruciatingly tight budget). Hence what few purchases I make are ones that fit specific needs.

Post edited by kyoto kid on

I still think that Aiko 3 was one of the best Anime figures out there.  I had that horrible weird eye thing with her that stemmed from having more than one version of V4 on your machine.  I never could find and correct it.  Really irks me still...I really like her.

Ikyoto said:
    Totte said:
    Ikyoto said:

You make me wanna make stuff. I think this thread is cool and I'm an old Grinch.

Ikyoto! Good to see you! Glad to see you have fun in this thread!

Good to be seen still pullin' air. Having folks around you in a hospital room while the word. "in case" and "we're not sure" get used makes one glad of even the small stuff... I am not so ashamed of some of the small stuff now, especially on the occassion some of it works!

(I was talking about my sence of humor. Some of your minds are really twisted!)

So glad your small stuff survived!  And welcome back, I wondered where you got off too.

I don't have Star either (not really into toons much although I do like the Aiko's for some reason lol) but I am happy to see that it looks like there will be something for everyone which is great.

scorpio said:

Thank you to all for the gifts.

A render using some of them.

Hey Scorpio, that's such a cheery and cute render.  Well done!

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    kyoto kid said:
    NGartplay said:

Today's gift item is from Eustace Scrubb and is an add-on to his Skunkvill Noir shader comic shader set.  A big thank you as well to FeralFey for rendering the beautiful promotional images.

..ah alas, the first one I have to pass on as I don't have Star. 

The skin settings seem to work ok without the Star 2.0 mats. This character used The Girl 7 mats:

The skin settings seem to not need the Star mats, here are a few of them:

Now the eye settings that it comes with does seem to need the Star 2.0 mats.

But the skin settings appear to work ok with any G3 toon character.

...however, there are not a lot of G3 toons compared to Genesis "Classic" and G2.

• IkyotoIkyoto Posts: 1,159

Here's my gift to the community

InaneGlory's Hanging Wand Lights. Download HERE or you cab find it at my Deviant Art gallery

My sci-fi stuff needed things like this Thanks.

Save

• IkyotoIkyoto Posts: 1,159
    edited December 2016
    NGartplay said:

Where did you get that so amazing deco font???

Save

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Ooh, thank you for the wonderful freebies!

edited December 2016

Hello Ikyoto, Feral Fey did these promos for Eustace.  I will ask her and see if she can rememer.  Isn't that a cool deco front?

Divamakeup, I feel like I should send you a paycheck for taking your time to try out all of the gifts.  Keep your timecard, ok? :)   Those are excellent renders. 

It should be noted that the Star Over Skunkville shader presets do work on Star2.0 without the base shader set but you will not get the comic/newsprint dots look without having the Skunkville Noir shader base installed.

edited December 2016

Today is a fabulous gift from DestinysGarden.  This is a functional and useful set of floor and wall shader presets, cameras and the backdrop to use them on.  How cool is that?

Description:  DG Backdrop and shader presets is a backdrop with four material zones, perfect for showing off shaders. There are 15 shaders presets for Iray and 3Delight. Also included are one scene subset for each with a simple 3 point light set up and two cameras.

DOWNLOAD DG BACKDROP AND SHADER PRESETS FOR DAZ STUDIO

If you enjoy this gift please visit DestinysGarden's vendor page HERE

d22196a8ec60fcb31878f104b173a4.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 192K
    1395610e0dab5774e8707f55179840.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 190K
  • FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,900
    NGartplay said:

Hello Ikyoto, Feral Fey did these promos for Eustace.  I will ask her and see if she can rememer.  Isn't that a cool deco front?

Thanks for the compliment. However, while I did the artwork, Eustace did the copy work. I'll give him a poke to see what font he used. 

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    Scavenger said:
    Fisty said:

Oo!  Oo!  Pick us Scavenger!  *bounces up and down*

(I actually have no idea how to do that, Daz always does it for us)

Assuming this headache goes away, I'll package up the dress and PM you, and you can distribute as you will.

I have a little program that runs thru and creates the DIM. I've always had vague notions of giving it a GUI wrapper and distributing it, but that's been a bit beyond me for a bit, and it's not really portable as is. I've never looked at the stuff in the shop...I just studdied DIM structure and the manifest files and with the help of a buddy who's good with codking just whipped my thing up. I can't do the smart content files though :(. I've learned some tricks for organizational sake though :)

Yay! I rememberered to do it! Send the file to Fisty!

Very generous Scavenger, thank you!

• Thanks so much DG (will look at as soon as the render in progress finishes). Looks like it is all there and extracts fine. Also thanks DG for the update on the other thing, I was either negligent in knowledge of such things back then or it just was not noticeable with any thing I've done with that in the past.

Why dose hair have to be such a slow thing to render sometimes, lol. (I know why, I'm just getting a tad antsy waiting, lol)

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    NGartplay said:

Very generous Scavenger, thank you!

I'm happy to do it for any PA...I can't really create (I have a few things to give as free items at some point), but it's a small way to contribute :)