Happy Holidays PA Gifts!

Comments

• yes yes, very nice stuff.

I know I'm delinquent with not having some stuff (Star and Ciara), I'm kind of working under a budget so can not purchase everything. Funny I was just thinking of a figure from a few seasons past.

It is that time of the year that strange colorful boxes appear, lol.

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,883

You've created some fun and cute renders Zarcon, nicely done.  Do please tell me that you deconstructed my jack-in-the-box and are not having issues with it.  I see them laying on the steps there.  If you have any problems let me know right away.  thanks!

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

oh MY!!! thank you NG Artplay and 3D-GHDesign for those fantastic jack in the boxes!! they'll go brilliantly in my creepy art!!!!

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496

I may not get a render done in time...

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited December 2016

Well I didn't actually try posing or throwing any dials yet, tho I did fumble onto a "I'm a dumb @$$" error when I attempted to load the Jack in the box without the box, lol. ya know that error you get when you try to load a shader and nothing is selected for the shader to go on. It was explained well enough in the readme how to correct my deficiency, lol. The mystery box needs to be in the scene and selected before you can turn it into a jack in the box. This quick render done, I'll have a look at the rest of the stuff from 'the box'.

Y'all are probably just as curious as I am of what Zayla got this year, I haven't a clue, lol.

One minor note, the mystery item is to close to the bottom of the box. Simply rising it say +0.1 Y translate should fix that. Everything else looks good.

MysteryBox_SurfaceColission_001.png
    900 x 600 - 201K
    Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,110

Thanks Code66 for the shovels, err, zombie smashers.  laugh

Dana

Thanks, Lyoness!

Dana

Thank you Fisty and Darc!

Dana

Thanks for the cool lights, InaneGlory!

Dana

Thank you, Enchanted Pixie and ChangelingChick!

Dana

• galattgalatt Posts: 219

Thank you everyone for your generosity

Thank you, DestinysGarden!

Dana

Thank you, NG Artplay and 3D-GHDesign!

Dana

• Thanks for all the cool gifts :)

• launoklaunok Posts: 792
    NGartplay said:

Calling all Cartoon, Comic and Newsprint render monsters, here is what you have been waiting for...comic/newsprint style shader presets for Star2.0.  Dick Tracy would be so jealous (anyone remember Dick Tracy?).  Let me just turn on my wrist walkie-talkie and get him on the line, lol.

Today's gift item is from Eustace Scrubb and is an add-on to his Skunkville Noir shader comic shader set.  A big thank you as well to Feral Fey for rendering the beautiful promotional images.

At the heart of Skunkville are the comic effects that change the ordinary surface’s appearance into a vivid comic-book or newsprint panel, or eye-popping dot pop art.

DOWNLOAD STAR OVER SKUNKVILLE HERE

VIEW SKUNKVILLE NOIR SHADER BASE HERE

VISIT EUSTACE SCRUBB STORE

Firstly, thank you for all the great Christmas freebies you are sharing!!  coolsmiley

Secondly, I have only the original Star (not Star2).  Will the above work on original version too?

Laura

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,514
    edited December 2016

yes yes, very nice stuff.

Really like how you put all the gifts together.  Where's the step ladder from?  

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

It looks like it might be from this: http://www.daz3d.com/idg-portrait-studio-2-bundle

Launok, I do not know if it will work on Star! original.  I will ask Eustace and see if he knows.

edited December 2016

Hi everyone!  Today is a background/paper set from NG Artplay and Bea.  It is Valentine Day themed so you have plenty of time to wallpaper your bedroom with it.   Well, maybe you won't want to put it in the bedroom as it has a darker feel to it.  Hope you enjoy it.  You just need any software that can handle JPGs such as Photoshop, Paint Shop or Gimp.  Let your imagination go free.  The only thing missing from the pack is the ability to make paper airplanes.  Then we could fold these up and fly to our heart's desire :)

DOWNLOAD MY BLOODY VALENTINE BACKGROUNDS ZIP 1 HERE

DOWNLOAD MY BLOODY VALENTINE BACKGROUNDS ZIP 2 HERE

BEA's STORE

promo_zip1_pics.jpg
    700 x 900 - 233K
    promo_zip2.jpg
    700 x 900 - 234K
    txt
    txt
    readme for Nancy.txt
    Post edited by NGartplay on
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,613
    NGartplay said:

The only thing missing from the pack is the ability to make paper airplanes.  Then we could fold these up and fly to our heart's desire :)

Sounds like something for next xmas then.... ;-) And good stuff! 

edited December 2016

yes yes, very nice stuff.

Really like how you put all the gifts together.  Where's the step ladder from? 

jakiblue said:

It looks like it might be from this: http://www.daz3d.com/idg-portrait-studio-2-bundle

Thanks. Correct, The info on the stuff did kind of get disjointed from the posts with the renders.

Ah (I see potential for confusion If I type this wrong), actually that is my version of a 'Matrix' (tm) construct, it's just my test chamber for setting up stuff. in the test chamber is DG's 'DGWall' prop-thing with her wall-prop shaders on it, and a few other items from DG's store... and DG's Holiday shaders on Fisty's Leotard , I have no idea what Daz has planed for that stuff after the initial launch.

Yulia left is wearing her stuff from the bundle with the DG Holiday shader, ADSI Glimmer is wearing the Leo, and LY Jessenia right (hair needs more work, izabella7 ears) is wearing the 'Classic dress'. Sandals/slippers are from Keyhole Style. (All figures using the 3DL zdg AltShader mat set pre-Alpha).

(EDIT) looking at the dials, I did make a mistake sort of, That is the V7 replaced with Izabella7 Yulia mod and not the V7 original, oops. I did not intend to deceive any one, I loaded the wrong scene subset I made of Yulia.

Phone cover prints, Nice gift NG Artplay and Bea!

The primitive plane and cube phone needs a bit of work tho, lol.

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,689
    edited December 2016
    launok said:
    NGartplay said:

Calling all Cartoon, Comic and Newsprint render monsters, here is what you have been waiting for...comic/newsprint style shader presets for Star2.0.  Dick Tracy would be so jealous (anyone remember Dick Tracy?).  Let me just turn on my wrist walkie-talkie and get him on the line, lol.

Today's gift item is from Eustace Scrubb and is an add-on to his Skunkville Noir shader comic shader set.  A big thank you as well to Feral Fey for rendering the beautiful promotional images.

At the heart of Skunkville are the comic effects that change the ordinary surface’s appearance into a vivid comic-book or newsprint panel, or eye-popping dot pop art.

DOWNLOAD STAR OVER SKUNKVILLE HERE

VIEW SKUNKVILLE NOIR SHADER BASE HERE

VISIT EUSTACE SCRUBB STORE

Firstly, thank you for all the great Christmas freebies you are sharing!!  coolsmiley

Secondly, I have only the original Star (not Star2).  Will the above work on original version too?

Laura

Not directly, since I don't have the original on which to set it up, but here's what you can do:

• Load both Star! and Genesis 3 Female into the scene, using default pale-toned maps on each.  Dress and pose them as you wish.
    • Apply the Star Over Skunkville preset of choice to G3F:  if you've got Skunkville Noir installed, select all of Star!'s surfaces and apply the basic shader to her as well.  No maps should be affected on either figure (there is a known bug in both Mephistopolis Noir and Skunkville Noir, whereby Specular and Refraction colors don't transfer over from standard shaders: I'm working on a fix already).
    • Select G3F's hand, lips, or another small material zone, and under the Surfaces tab, right-click on the material and pick "Copy Selected Surface".
    • Right-click Star!'s  lips, or hand, or any other skin surface and hit  "Paste to Selected Surface".  You'll now have to set the maps back to the ones copied over, because the material copying transfers everything.  Change only the maps.
    • Now copy and paste the resultant shader settings over the rest of Star!'s skin surfaces.  Except for the "Fire" and "Water" presets, none of them should have any effect on the eyes, mouth, or other non-skin areas.  Adjust maps as necessary.  (By correcting the first Star! surface before copying it across the rest of the figure, you will have far fewer maps to correct, and those you do will pretty much already be in the right directories.)
    • The eye presets are Hierarchical Material Presets, so as long as you've got the same texture maps, they'll work equally well on G3F's eyes and Star!'s (supposing they're much the same as the Star2.0 Anime Eye set).

Let me know how it works out!

Post edited by Eustace Scrubb on
  • Thank you to all of the PAs that have offered free stuff, it is very much appreciated. They have really made my holiday season all the more amazing. 

-Kate.

Eustace, thanks ever so much for explaining that.  Should be useful information for a lot of us.

• Thanks for the goodies

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,861

Thank you NG Artplay and Bea- they're lovely!

Hey Totte, please see your PMs :)

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,613
    NGartplay said:

Hey Totte, please see your PMs :)

Already handled and replied ;-)

edited December 2016

Three elves trying to assemble a Jack in the Box...

Considering one of them is looking for "An app for that", this may take a while, lol.  Despite the almost irresistible fascination with human artifacts, some things do get lost in translation.

Rotfl, that Jack-in-the-box is getting a work out.  I'm pretty sure I included instructions but maybe these 'elves' are like my husband and don't like to read instructions?  :D :D