Darwins' Schtuff

Comments

• Yeah- I like the b/w version better.  Time to re-size and re-position!

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,071
    edited November 2016

Last one until I get sleep.  I'll turn him a bit and show the complete side tat, but for now, here's one side.  This one has the black chest tattoo as well instead of the colored version and the new placements of the arm tattoos.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited November 2016

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

So sorry to hear about your brother, and (hugs) I'm so glad you're still here. 

• I love the tattoos , they look great :) 

I'm sorry about your brother and glad you're still here. 

• This is one of the chest tattoos (there is a choice of color or b/w) that I made.  This one is special to me.  My baby brother was born this month, and passed in December by way of suicide at 27.  I survived my attempt in high school, he made sure he wouldn't.  This isn't political, or religious.  It is what it is.  A tribute that I'm putting on Parker.

It's always sad to hear when someone takes their own life.  I'm sorry you lost your brother.  I'm very glad you didn't succeed in your attempt.  

• Thank you, everyone.  It's difficult when you lose a family member (or anyone you care deeply for), worse when they are like your best friend, even worse when it could have been prevented.  Each tattoo on Parker is going to be something of my brother's influences.  I know it's unusal, but it's my way of coping a bit.  

edited November 2016

Y'all are going to get real tired of seeing this man.  I post, mind you, less than an 8th of my tests. ;)

Ok- DA Real World Lighting set here to see how the skin is looking under other, popular light rigs.  I see I have a seam to go over again (which is another reason why I do so many- this is the 7th light rig I've used during the tests).  Oh, and LIE eyeliner.  For maybe that inner Pirate in Parker?  *snicker*

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

So sorry about your brother.  Very glad you stuck around. 

Very unlikely to get tired of the test renders. And I think its a great tribute to your brother. Just makes him more special.

• Thank you. Very much.

Well, the showing of renders will get slower this week with the holiday and family from out of state visiting.  So's everyone knows. 

Thank you. Very much.

Well, the showing of renders will get slower this week with the holiday and family from out of state visiting.  So's everyone knows. 

Probably true of most of us in the US.  Thanksgiving is at my house every year so its going to be very busy around here this week.  Thankful to have Wednesday off to bake pies and make stuffing before the big day.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited November 2016

I don't see how we could get tired of him. He's a cutie for sure. If he's not careful, he *might* just find his way onto a book cover.

The tats look great and are a wonderful tribute.

Nice to know what lighting sets you're using. I often wonder about that when vendors don't list them for the promo pics. I study promo art a lot (so much great learning there) and always appreciate knowing what the vendor used, especially the lighting!

Holidays will certainly be busy here too but so is every day. Just a different kind of busy. Can't let my guard down for a second or the inmates might try to take over the asylum here! (Sounds like a West Park render!)

Post edited by Llynara on
    edited November 2016

We'll have the day of and after-so after work is gonna be hectic getting crap done.  Gotta love it!

Oo.  Book cover, huh?  If he does, please share!

I do try to list lighting if possible (as in-I don't forget).  And thank you.

aaaand another tester for seams-thought I'd show anyway. 

edited November 2016

OMG, he just gets better and better. I'll definitely let you know when (not if) I use him, posting and tagging your products in the gallery. I'm trying to do that as I go. 

I've got plenty of books left to write and covers to do, plus promo art, web graphics, etc. Plenty of characters to render. I'm really just getting started. Trying to bring what's in my head into the real world is a lot of work some days but feels great when I can finally see it. Some day I'll be able to do it full time. Until then, I keep plugging away.

Have a great holiday. Parker looks wonderful and I'm keeping my eye out for Damen!

• And just started Damen's second skin option- needs a lot of work, but it gets the idea across.

I love his eyes. I'd like to have) hair is beautiful too. cool!

• Llynara said:

OMG, he just gets better and better. I'll definitely let you know when (not if) I use him, posting and tagging your products in the gallery. I'm trying to do that as I go. 

I've got plenty of books left to write and covers to do, plus promo art, web graphics, etc. Plenty of characters to render. I'm really just getting started. Trying to bring what's in my head into the real world is a lot of work some days but feels great when I can finally see it. Some day I'll be able to do it full time. Until then, I keep plugging away.

Have a great holiday. Parker looks wonderful and I'm keeping my eye out for Damen!

I'll keep an eye out for notifications, then!  XD  Thank you!

and Thank you, Rhys- though his face had changed after that initial posting due to rigging issues with the morph.

• So-running test renders (small-500x500) for eye colors and a less gloss on his lips settings.  Looks like there'll be 7 little renders to share tomorrow morning. ;)

Woohoo! It's like an early Christmas!!!

• Looking forward to seeing them.  :)

• Psst.  Guess who is released? http://www.daz3d.com/damen-for-genesis-3-male

• And for that spam I promised of Parker: Eye colors, base lips and less gloss versions.

•  

edited November 2016

Gorgeous! Parker's a heartbreaker with those eyes. The lashes and brows really look good too- quite expressive. Looks like he's saying, "I'm your huckleberry!" LOL

And yay on Damen's release! Feels like Christmas!!!

EDIT: Hey, look at that! Right up on the top of the sales page! *runs to go get him*

damen.JPG
    511 x 406 - 49K
  • I was very pleased and surprised at him being up there!  

edited November 2016

Congrats on the promo banner, that's very cool.

And Damen's now in my product library. Woohoo! Won't have a chance to play with him till after work. Can't wait! I have a couple of character ideas in mind for him. ;)

damen2.JPG
    221 x 162 - 14K
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

I LOVE that he was featured like that upon release!!!! I know you'll get a lot of sales. Kudos again for the wonderful character and wishing you a very special release day! yes

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Woot woot!!! Finally and he made his way into my cart as soon as I got to the shop, have to wait till I get all others downloaded into my new laptop (Which I got the other day) before I can download him into my contents!!!devil

Congrads on the release banner as well!!!!

• In the portrait of his side tattoo, what's the hair and beard? Sorry if someone already asked and I missed it, I'm on my phone.

As I said to my friend  "oh. Oh my."

the first boy fig I've seen who made my heart go thump 

Certainly made my day!   What a great Thanksgiving  week bonus lol.

This discussion has been closed.