Darwins' Schtuff

Comments

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,074
    edited December 2016

nicely done, Novica!  Thank you!

Hm.  Testing the morph on a new guy-Diesel.  Damen's co-hort of Trouble, I guess? *Snicker*

Post edited by Chohole on
  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Oh, he looks cute and kind of impish. Love the curls! Definitely a trouble maker! 

edited December 2016

lol-thanks!  Side view of the moprh- ignore the skin, just slapped on something to see the facial features.  He's not finalized, either-kinda playing with ideas atm.

What do you sculpt in? Zbrush?

• Actually, I use hexagon and the bridge to Studio using poly or vertex point moving and a few of the brushes within hexagon, along with a few merchant resources.  toruun's facial morphs are all done in hex, for example.  Most of Parker's as well, with tweaks from merchant resource morphs.

edited December 2016

Wow, I knew you could sculpt in Hexagon, I didn't know how many PAs did though. You did a great job on both of those guys. It's interesting to know that it was in that program. I bought Hexagon on a really good sale earlier this year, along with some tutorials but still haven't ventured into it. i wish there were more hours in the day to learn everything I'd like to learn. The list is pretty long.

Post edited by Llynara on
  • Can't afford zbrush, so I use what I have.  lol

Actually worked on his face a little-changed up his lips and lower jaw a little.  Rendering a tester with different lighting as well. 

edited December 2016

the change is subtle, but I like it better.  There are two layers of morphs- from the head morph pack and the details I made in Hex.  This is the combo.   I'll post what he looks like with just the hex morphs.

He's got good bones. The features suggest strength but are not overpowering to the face. Could probably pull off a lot of different looks. Are you doing makeup for this one, or going in a different direction? Might be able to pull off a good boy/bad boy thing here, LOL.

• lol

I'll probably do a couple of options that way, yes.  I am looking into watercolor tattoos as well for him.  Something different.

Sounds very interesting! 

• They are, and if I come up with something let's hope I can actually do it. lol

edited December 2016

here is his face with just the hexagon morphing.  

edited December 2016

I'm scrolling up and down to compare, LOL. The blend of the two looks more...put together? More defined? The hex only morphs look like his eyes are a little bigger. I like the structure that the two together have a little more, but I'm just a casual observer. It's very interesting to see your process and watch the characters come to life..

I'm sure you can do the watercolor tattoos. Just look at what you already do! But that's part of the fun, isn't it? Pushing yourself to try new things. I'm constantly "writing into the dark," not knowing where I'm going at times. Sometimes "my people" tell me things that totally surprise me in the middle of something else. It's fun but crazy. And some days I completely paint myself into corners, and half the fun is figuring my way out. I think the work ends up much better that way. Gotta love the process!

• I know the feeling!

Yes- the hex morphs are mainly his lips, small details on his ears, the subtle lines from his nose, tweaking his nose a bit and his brow.  Didn't touch the eyes at all- those are base G3M in the hex morph.

edited December 2016

Last one tonight- as you can see, his body type is fit, but not bulky or overly defined.  G3M body moprhs on him.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

If you want my opinion I think his bottom jaw line should be just a bit bigger not so narrow.....buttttt that is just my opinion.

Other than that he looks great cool!!

edited December 2016

The 3/4 view looks very good. There is a softness in his features that suggests maybe shyness or thoughtfulness.Could be the lighting and pose too. Nice work!

• Thank you both. :)

I did broaden the jaw a bit and tweaked his chin. I believe the base skin is just about done barring seam checks.  Gotta finish the base eye coloring as well and set up.  Doing a quick render to test an expression out.

• ...and I need to blend the brow in better.  LOL Fergot to do that.

• I think Hexagon is more powerful than some people think.  It is what I first learned how to model in, what little bit I do.  I mostly use it for those clothes I absolutely can't fit with the various plugins that I have.  Or I bang the heck out of something to give it that old beat up look.  :)  

I have done a couple of small morphs in it, but haven't gotten to the point where I create a new person.  I admit, I do love spin dialing all of my characters to create new ones that way.  I've managed to collect a few MR morphs, but not many.  At some point, I wouldn't mind creating a character that I could possibly sell, but that is years down in the future.  Way too much stuff I don't know how to do yet, but I am learning.  So, I indulge and buy the new characters like these which I love.  I'm so glad you are making such great looking guys.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Would you consider doing a midnight or navy blue eye?  I can change it myself if need be so its not critical. But I've never seen that in the store.

edited December 2016

Aw, thank you.

I can, a midnight/navy yes- it'd be a nice addition to his collection!

On a side note- I may re-do his face completely.  I'm still not feeling it with him.

edited December 2016

If you're looking for inspiration, Eddie Redmayne has very interesting features with a boyish look like the character you're doing:

And watch him in the movie adaptation of "Les Miserables." Holy moly, the man can act AND sing beautifully. Never knew who he was till I saw him in that. They did a great job adapting the play to the movie, and he was outstanding. Haven't seen him in the new JK Rowling movie yet, but heard he was very good.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 2016

This is just my opinion- in one of the renders (the brown background, darker lighting)  those blemishes really show up and distracted me (the one on OUR left, on the cheek by his nose.) But in the next one, it seemed more subdued. I like having skin imperfections but if I first spot acne / my eye is drawn to it, then I'd rather it be softened a bit. Or have it as an option. 

Post edited by Novica on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

That would be totally awesome.

• I can definitely do options on the defects, yes.  As for Redmayne, he may be perfect for another character I have in mind, but not how I see Diesel in my head.  ;)  I'll keep looking and thank you for the pointer!

Can't wait to see what you come up with. Any word on when Parker hits the store? Inquiring minds want to know!

• Not yet, but he was accepted for testing.

Still- here's another render of him to enjoy?

edited December 2016

Ooh, you spoil us so! Hope he hits the store soon. What a hottie! 

Time to go play with Damen. He's feeling ignored. LOL

This discussion has been closed.