The older generation: Victoria 2/3, Michael 2/3 and their children renders

191011121315»

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 28,589
    edited October 24
    Kerya said:

Sorry - I don't understand - each Poser figure has Deltas ...

How did you create the morph?

I hope this helps: https://www.deviantart.com/lordscorpion13/journal/Using-Morph-Loader-Pro-files-in-Daz-Studio-689035118

it loaded successfully the geometry matched ( was using Zbrush) but said no deltas

and I should have said was for her gown not her

so maybe clothing is different?

V4 and M4 I can do morphs and create ExP inj rem poses

this was a V2 Historic gown, wanted to drape sleeves for arms down

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • I wonder, would anyone find a script to transfer a pose from G8F to V3 useful? 

May be of use to someone, despite there being rafts of V3 poses available if you know where to look. I am tempted to do it anyway for my own use, just not sure if anyone else might find it useful.

Regards,

Richard.

I wonder, would anyone find a script to transfer a pose from G8F to V3 useful? 

May be of use to someone, despite there being rafts of V3 poses available if you know where to look. I am tempted to do it anyway for my own use, just not sure if anyone else might find it useful.

Regards,

Richard.

it could come in handy yes

I do use legacy extras

• OK, I'll see what I can do. Won't be immediatly available, the V3->G8F script I'll be amending is 2100 lines of code, and over half the lines of code will need to be edited.

It'll be worth being aware that, because how many bones are quite different between the two figures, the resultant V3 pose will be a fairly close, but not perfect, copy of the G8 one. I have a suspicion (no more than that) that some of the G8F bone freedoms of movement do not operate on planes perpendicular to each other. I get the feeling that the shoulder bend plane is something like 88 degrees to the front-back plane of action rather than 90 degrees, that sort of thing. I'm also coming to the conclusion that a G8F one degree bend of the forearm is about the same as a 1.1 degree bend of the V3 forearm. Anyway regardless of the exact numbers, these things slightly throw the pose transfer off being a perfect one and it may require tweaking afterwards. Also, I'm sorry, but at the moment I cannot look at converting animation poses, my knowledge of the scripting language is too rudimentary.

Regards,

Richard.

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,355
    edited October 31

Just in time for Halloween, here are two examples of Michael 2.  "Victor Frankenstein'" is using the M2P4 hybrid mesh, Mike's geometry and mapping with the body shaped and rigged to accept the Poser 4 Nude Male's clothing, in this case a Victorian styled suit PhilC used to sell.  I changed the shaders so that the outer coat has become a lab coat.  The "Monster" (though I personally like to use the name "Adam" which Mary Shelley used in her notes though not the published manuscript) uses a set called "Frankenstein Character (for Michael)" (long since removed from the store).  While it can't be seen at this resolution, I played with the original maps to create "displacement" textures so that the sutures possess "height".  The outfit was an item from PoserWorld during its earliest days.  I opted for procedural nodes instead of the supplied textures which used the most basic of "planar" UVs.  I also used the morph at only 67 perceent because at full strength, his features turn into farcical caricature.  Even at that partial setting the distinctive forehead is very defined.  Closer to ful, strength and it becomes razor sharp, a parody of "the look".

The motif is a bit of "mix and match".  The "Monster" is obviously inspired by the Jack Pierce makeup designs from Universal Pictures.  But "Victor" is a custom selection of dial spins from Capsces' "Boris for Michael" making him look somewhat like Peter Cushing from "Hammer Films" of Great Britain.

In this composition, "Adam" demands Victor hurry his efforts to create a mate or him, a "bride".

Sincerely,

Bill

M2-Frankenstein-J-2.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 93K
    Post edited by Redfern on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,341

Eeeks ...

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 983
    edited November 1

Regards,

Richard.

I do use legacy extras

Wendy, I have uploaded the script, now in its own thread in the freebies forum.

Regards,

Richard

Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 983
    edited November 1

Redfern, that has a very retro-horror feel to it. I feel your references to Hammer Horror films are entirely justified, gives that sort of feel to it. The depth of detailing you have gone to is most impressive.

Regards,

Richard.

Post edited by richardandtracy on

Regards,

Richard.

I do use legacy extras

Wendy, I have uploaded the script, now in its own thread in the freebies forum.

Regards,

Richard

thanks, will look later, rendering stuffs at the moment yes

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,355

Redfern, that has a very retro-horror feel to it. I feel your references to Hammer Horror films are entirely justified, gives that sort of feel to it. The depth of detailing you have gone to is most impressive.

Ah, the lab itself is the "ADS Lab" freebie from Rendo' complemented with pieces from the Electro Apparatii that came from Runtime DNA.  I already had all that saved as a "scene' so it was relatively easy to toss in and pose a couple of figures.  I had already composed the same shot using M4 versions of "Victor" and "Adam", so it made this "Mil' 2" figure variant even easier.  (In the Mike 4 version, "Victor" still looks like Hammer's Peter Cushing while "Adam" took a bit of inspiration from Bernie Wrightson's famous pen, brush & ink illustrations (meaning he has a hollow, skull-like nasal passage).

Sincerely,

Bill