The older generation: Victoria 2/3, Michael 2/3 and their children renders

1131416181921

Comments

  • If you like the result of autofitting to G3, you can export it as a new figure, and then see how it autofits to G8.
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited February 2021

    Thanks for resurrecting this thread! And pretty renders too!

    Aiko 3 with Karuki

    A3Karuki.png
    738 x 960 - 382K
    Post edited by Kerya on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,267
    edited May 2021

    I have finally finished Glamorous Vicky 3 sequence of getting thrown in the water:

    Ultrascenery 05d R02.png
    1860 x 936 - 4M
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,267
    edited February 2022

    Still intermittently playing with these older figures, and now mixed GND2, Glamorous Vicki along with Perlk's Arch, UltraScenery and the 'Sunflowers' HDRI from PolyHaven.

    Regards,

    Richard.

    GV3 and GND2 01a R03.jpg
    1474 x 936 - 372K
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,267
    edited November 2022

    Can't seem to be able to leave these two alone. So, GND2 and Glamorous Vicki in an UltraScenery landscape. Vicki's coming out of the water, saying 'Go ahead, the water's lovely '.

    I am still trying to find poses where the joint limitations are impossible to see even if you know they are there. So far, I've failed. Elbows and right glute on GV show. Hrrumph. I was pleased, however, that the Generation 3 clothing actually worked quite well with dForce, Viki's dress (lying mostly flat on the towel) and GND's skirt both simulated quite well.

    Regards, 

    Richard.

    GND2 05 R05.png
    1421 x 936 - 2M
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,267
    edited February 2023

    After a chat with @xyer0 about GV3, I offered to create a material preset for Iray for GV3 and any other V3 character using the High Res V3 textures. Please find them attached. Hope they're useful. The zip file has a .duf, .duf.png and a .tip.png file. There are no textures included, this material setting assumes the correct V3 textures reside in the "<content>/runtime/textures/DAZ/Characters/MilWom/V3Maps" directory. The image below is the 'tip' image, showing the result.

    Hope it's useful.

    Regards,

    Richard

    GV3 Iray.tip.png
    256 x 512 - 110K
    zip
    zip
    GV3 Iray Material Preset.zip
    342K
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,795

    richardandtracy said:

    After a chat with @xyer0 about GV3, I offered to create a material preset for Iray for GV3 and any other V3 character using the High Res V3 textures. Please find them attached. Hope they're useful. The zip file has a .duf, .duf.png and a .tip.png file. There are no textures included, this material setting assumes the correct V3 textures reside in the "<content>/runtime/textures/DAZ/Characters/MilWom/V3Maps" directory. The image below is the 'tip' image, showing the result.

    Hope it's useful.

    Regards,

    Richard

    Thanks so much, Richard! I can't wait to try it out, but I'll have to until my Daz machine gets back next week. She looks good. 

  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,660

    I think Vicky is still as good looking as when she first came out!!!

    I am not so sure about the newest GV9!!

  • Just one thing I forgot to mention. If the settings do look a bit 'not quite right' after applying them to V3 or a V3 based character, you may have to apply the DAZ UBER shader to all mat zones first and then re-apply the material settings. Sometimes a material preset doesn't always apply the iRay shader, not quite sure why. Regards, Richard
  • EthinEthin Posts: 1,032
    edited February 2023

    Thanks!

    Aiko3

    Gen3IraySettings test 01b.jpg
    1536 x 2048 - 514K
    Post edited by Ethin on
  • Wee. That's good. You'd never believe A3 dates back 20 years or more looking like that. Regards, Richard
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,267
    edited February 2023

    Just played with UltraScenery Britain and GND2, and rather like the results.

    When I first saw Poser could do figures, I always wanted to be able to render lovely figures in an attractive landscape. Not much of an ambition, I suppose, but I can do it at last!. I now just need to learn composition etc etc to make the image interesting..

    Regards,

    Richard

    GND2 06 R01.png
    1860 x 902 - 4M
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • EthinEthin Posts: 1,032

    richardandtracy said:

    Wee. That's good. You'd never believe A3 dates back 20 years or more looking like that. Regards, Richard

    Thanks! Little beloved never looked so good.heart

  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,703

    Ethin said:

    Thanks!

    Aiko3

    Her skin is beautiful! Thanks, richardandtracy. I am not a big fan of the early generations because clothes don't fit the morphs. But I still have stuff from back then and will download these and post something. Nice render, Ethin! Thanks

  • EthinEthin Posts: 1,032

    luci45 said:

    Her skin is beautiful! Thanks, richardandtracy. I am not a big fan of the early generations because clothes don't fit the morphs. But I still have stuff from back then and will download these and post something. Nice render, Ethin! Thanks

    Thanks!

  • EthinEthin Posts: 1,032

    Lots of lovely Aiko3.

  • I don't really know what to say. Five characters, all posed beautifully, perfect lighting, draping the central character in mystery and the use of dof is spot on. I'm left with a new appreciation of how far I have to go to turn my efforts from images into pictures. Wish I could do one tenth as well. Thank you for sharing. Regards, Richard
  • EthinEthin Posts: 1,032

    richardandtracy said:

    I don't really know what to say. Five characters, all posed beautifully, perfect lighting, draping the central character in mystery and the use of dof is spot on.

     Thanks, I've been grinding away for the last few months to level up my skills, guess its payed off some.

    richardandtracy said:

     I'm left with a new appreciation of how far I have to go to turn my efforts from images into pictures. Wish I could do one tenth as well.

    I have the same feeling when I look through the galleries, I guess no matter your skill level the grass still looks greener in someone else's render.

    richardandtracy said:

     Thank you for sharing. Regards, Richard

     Your welcome! I'm happy to share!

  • EthinEthin Posts: 1,032

  • Ethin,

    That's nice. Do like it, not as much as the earlier one, but I do like it.

    Regards,

    Richard

  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,267
    edited March 2023

    I'm still trying to experiment with ways of getting V3 characters to look good in iRay. So.. Glamorous Vickie transferred to Tri-Ax weight mapping, Jim Burton's Glamorous Resorts for GV and a PolyHaven HDRI beach with an old Musketeer V3 pose tweaked a tiny amount to work with GV3. Could be worse. Shame the stretch of the skirt shows so much.

    Regards

    Richard

    GV3 02 R01.png
    1860 x 902 - 2M
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • EthinEthin Posts: 1,032

    richardandtracy said:

    Ethin,

    That's nice. Do like it, not as much as the earlier one, but I do like it.

    Regards,

    Richard

    Thanks!

    Yeah my stuff a bit all over the place.

     

    richardandtracy said:

    I'm still trying to experiment with ways of getting V3 characters to look good in iRay. So.. Glamorous Vickie transferred to Tri-Ax weight mapping, Jim Burton's Glamorous Resorts for GV and a PolyHaven HDRI beach with an old Musketeer V3 pose tweaked a tiny amount to work with GV3. Could be worse. Shame the stretch of the skirt shows so much.

    You could try using Smooth Modifier on Vicky and her skirt. On Vicky it can help her joints look better without converting her to weight mapped, and on the skirt it will smooth out the mesh so the stretching of the texture wont be as bad. 

  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,267
    edited March 2023

    Never thought of using a smoothing modifier on the character. Will give it a try. I mostly did the tri-ax weight map to get it so I could try using the Transfer Utility to get other generations of clothing to work with GV3. Will have to experiment further.

    I had a smoothing modifier on the skirt. I think I'll try dForce with a low co-efficient of friction and do a 'Start from memorised pose' dForce to see how it goes. I suspect that type of beach skirt should rise up the legs a bit to reduce fabric stretch.

    Regards,

    Richard.

    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • EthinEthin Posts: 1,032

    Moon Dance

  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,267
    edited March 2023

    Very sweet. Reminds me somewhat of a statue/mobile I saw a few years ago. Nice. ETA: Just remembered which it was, "Luna" by Dorian Clevenger, modelled by Yamato Toys. Came close to parting with money for the statue. Then I got better.

    Regards,

    Richard.

    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,267
    edited March 2023

    Had another bash with my beach image above, smoothing the figure (which didn't actually do much) and dforcing the coverup skirt. Took a few iterations which made me appreciate my new graphics card all the more, but I think it worked out. Then I tried another pose too.

    Regards

    Richard

     

    GV3 02 R03.png
    1860 x 902 - 2M
    GV3 02a R01.png
    1860 x 902 - 2M
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • EthinEthin Posts: 1,032

    richardandtracy said:

    Very sweet. Reminds me somewhat of a statue/mobile I saw a few years ago. Nice. ETA: Just remembered which it was, "Luna" by Dorian Clevenger, modelled by Yamato Toys. Came close to parting with money for the statue. Then I got better.

    Regards,

    Richard.

    Thanks!❤️

    hmm Interesting.

    I've been itching to to that image since last October, got the inspiration from MDD's Twinkle and Nalia characters from Rosity and the Sparkelicious outfit from here @ Daz. None of which actually made it into the image. lol 

    richardandtracy said:

    Had another bash with my beach image above, smoothing the figure (which didn't actually do much) and dforcing the coverup skirt. Took a few iterations which made me appreciate my new graphics card all the more, but I think it worked out. Then I tried another pose too.

    Yeah, using Smooth Modifier like that can be hit and miss, and you might need to turn the Smoothing Iterations up to see much of a result. The Smoothing Type maters to, Base Shape Matching works better on poses and Generic works better with morphs. Its quick and simple so its the first thing I try, and if I do use that route I end up doing an image with smoothing and one without and photoshoping them together, which I did in the image above.  

    DressSmoothing.jpg
    1600 x 769 - 743K
    PoseSmoothing.jpg
    1600 x 769 - 203K
    AdverseEffects.jpg
    1600 x 769 - 340K
  • I must admit I've never gone as high as 20 on smoothing operations. I was bitten once with G8 clothing & had smoothing up to 10 on my last PC. It was.. painful. The PC wasn't bad, but with it dating back to 2013, it wasn't incredibly fast and it took forever to do.

    Regards,

    Richard

  • EthinEthin Posts: 1,032

    richardandtracy said:

    I must admit I've never gone as high as 20 on smoothing operations. I was bitten once with G8 clothing & had smoothing up to 10 on my last PC. It was.. painful. The PC wasn't bad, but with it dating back to 2013, it wasn't incredibly fast and it took forever to do.

    Regards,

    Richard

    Yeah, I was in a similar situation up until a few months ago, a single smoothing operations could take a few minutes. Defiantly wouldn't leave smoothing enable, I'd try to find a sweet spot then turn it off until it was time to render. 

  • EthinEthin Posts: 1,032

    I no expert by any means, but I've been wondering if I should do some videos on my "tips and tricks" for generation 3. I've already done a couple of character videos.

Sign In or Register to comment.