The older generation: Victoria 2/3, Michael 2/3 and their children renders

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,791
    edited October 2020
    Kerya said:

Sorry - I don't understand - each Poser figure has Deltas ...

How did you create the morph?

I hope this helps: https://www.deviantart.com/lordscorpion13/journal/Using-Morph-Loader-Pro-files-in-Daz-Studio-689035118

it loaded successfully the geometry matched ( was using Zbrush) but said no deltas

and I should have said was for her gown not her

so maybe clothing is different?

V4 and M4 I can do morphs and create ExP inj rem poses

this was a V2 Historic gown, wanted to drape sleeves for arms down

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • I wonder, would anyone find a script to transfer a pose from G8F to V3 useful? 

May be of use to someone, despite there being rafts of V3 poses available if you know where to look. I am tempted to do it anyway for my own use, just not sure if anyone else might find it useful.

Regards,

Richard.

I wonder, would anyone find a script to transfer a pose from G8F to V3 useful? 

May be of use to someone, despite there being rafts of V3 poses available if you know where to look. I am tempted to do it anyway for my own use, just not sure if anyone else might find it useful.

Regards,

Richard.

it could come in handy yes

I do use legacy extras

• OK, I'll see what I can do. Won't be immediatly available, the V3->G8F script I'll be amending is 2100 lines of code, and over half the lines of code will need to be edited.

It'll be worth being aware that, because how many bones are quite different between the two figures, the resultant V3 pose will be a fairly close, but not perfect, copy of the G8 one. I have a suspicion (no more than that) that some of the G8F bone freedoms of movement do not operate on planes perpendicular to each other. I get the feeling that the shoulder bend plane is something like 88 degrees to the front-back plane of action rather than 90 degrees, that sort of thing. I'm also coming to the conclusion that a G8F one degree bend of the forearm is about the same as a 1.1 degree bend of the V3 forearm. Anyway regardless of the exact numbers, these things slightly throw the pose transfer off being a perfect one and it may require tweaking afterwards. Also, I'm sorry, but at the moment I cannot look at converting animation poses, my knowledge of the scripting language is too rudimentary.

Regards,

Richard.

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,578
    edited October 2020

Just in time for Halloween, here are two examples of Michael 2.  "Victor Frankenstein'" is using the M2P4 hybrid mesh, Mike's geometry and mapping with the body shaped and rigged to accept the Poser 4 Nude Male's clothing, in this case a Victorian styled suit PhilC used to sell.  I changed the shaders so that the outer coat has become a lab coat.  The "Monster" (though I personally like to use the name "Adam" which Mary Shelley used in her notes though not the published manuscript) uses a set called "Frankenstein Character (for Michael)" (long since removed from the store).  While it can't be seen at this resolution, I played with the original maps to create "displacement" textures so that the sutures possess "height".  The outfit was an item from PoserWorld during its earliest days.  I opted for procedural nodes instead of the supplied textures which used the most basic of "planar" UVs.  I also used the morph at only 67 perceent because at full strength, his features turn into farcical caricature.  Even at that partial setting the distinctive forehead is very defined.  Closer to ful, strength and it becomes razor sharp, a parody of "the look".

The motif is a bit of "mix and match".  The "Monster" is obviously inspired by the Jack Pierce makeup designs from Universal Pictures.  But "Victor" is a custom selection of dial spins from Capsces' "Boris for Michael" making him look somewhat like Peter Cushing from "Hammer Films" of Great Britain.

In this composition, "Adam" demands Victor hurry his efforts to create a mate or him, a "bride".

Sincerely,

Bill

M2-Frankenstein-J-2.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 93K
    Post edited by Redfern on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Eeeks ...

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,040
    edited November 2020

I wonder, would anyone find a script to transfer a pose from G8F to V3 useful? 

Regards,

Richard.

I do use legacy extras

Wendy, I have uploaded the script, now in its own thread in the freebies forum.

Regards,

Richard

Post edited by richardandtracy on
    edited November 2020

Redfern, that has a very retro-horror feel to it. I feel your references to Hammer Horror films are entirely justified, gives that sort of feel to it. The depth of detailing you have gone to is most impressive.

Regards,

Richard.

• I wonder, would anyone find a script to transfer a pose from G8F to V3 useful? 

Regards,

Richard.

I do use legacy extras

Wendy, I have uploaded the script, now in its own thread in the freebies forum.

Regards,

Richard

thanks, will look later, rendering stuffs at the moment yes

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,578

Redfern, that has a very retro-horror feel to it. I feel your references to Hammer Horror films are entirely justified, gives that sort of feel to it. The depth of detailing you have gone to is most impressive.

Ah, the lab itself is the "ADS Lab" freebie from Rendo' complemented with pieces from the Electro Apparatii that came from Runtime DNA.  I already had all that saved as a "scene' so it was relatively easy to toss in and pose a couple of figures.  I had already composed the same shot using M4 versions of "Victor" and "Adam", so it made this "Mil' 2" figure variant even easier.  (In the Mike 4 version, "Victor" still looks like Hammer's Peter Cushing while "Adam" took a bit of inspiration from Bernie Wrightson's famous pen, brush & ink illustrations (meaning he has a hollow, skull-like nasal passage).

Sincerely,

Bill

• OK, this only just qualifies for the thread, with only GV3 being old enough... I'd wanted to use M3 but realized I have zero clothing for him, so had to use M4, where at least his base texture incorporates shorts by default. I generally don't have males in my images - fems are so much prettier, but occasionally a bloke is needed to do something beastly wink.

So, Vickie, Michael and Noosha have built a dam to create a pool and now Vickie is about to be sploooshed under Noosha's guidance.

Regards,

Richard.

Beautiful sunny scene - but I don't like Michael ... Eeeeks! It isn't fun getting thrown like that.

• Must admit I have never been thrown like that myself. And I wasn't daft enough to throw away the lass in my life who looked like that, either. Been keeping hold of her the last 29 years, and never regretted a second. I soon found out after we met that she looked like GV3 because of a severe bout of gastroenteritis a couple of months before we met, and had recovered enough to no-longer look gaunt, but from the neck down she was the splitting image of GV3. Rather explains why GV3 is my favourite figure, as she looks so reminiscent of my wife when we first met. 

Regards,

Richard.

• Redfern said:

Just in time for Halloween, here are two examples of Michael 2.  "Victor Frankenstein'" is using the M2P4 hybrid mesh, Mike's geometry and mapping with the body shaped and rigged to accept the Poser 4 Nude Male's clothing, in this case a Victorian styled suit PhilC used to sell.  I changed the shaders so that the outer coat has become a lab coat.  The "Monster" (though I personally like to use the name "Adam" which Mary Shelley used in her notes though not the published manuscript) uses a set called "Frankenstein Character (for Michael)" (long since removed from the store).  While it can't be seen at this resolution, I played with the original maps to create "displacement" textures so that the sutures possess "height".  The outfit was an item from PoserWorld during its earliest days.  I opted for procedural nodes instead of the supplied textures which used the most basic of "planar" UVs.  I also used the morph at only 67 perceent because at full strength, his features turn into farcical caricature.  Even at that partial setting the distinctive forehead is very defined.  Closer to ful, strength and it becomes razor sharp, a parody of "the look".

The motif is a bit of "mix and match".  The "Monster" is obviously inspired by the Jack Pierce makeup designs from Universal Pictures.  But "Victor" is a custom selection of dial spins from Capsces' "Boris for Michael" making him look somewhat like Peter Cushing from "Hammer Films" of Great Britain.

In this composition, "Adam" demands Victor hurry his efforts to create a mate or him, a "bride".

Sincerely,

Bill

Just saw this.  Very nice, Redfern!

I did something in a similar vein during a Carrara Challenge last year:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/f8/52ffdf0370b7e7699b31f8c81422b2.png

The characters are V1 and M3.  The set is Mad Lab offered here at Daz, altered a bit in the Carrara modeling room.

Glad to see this thread continuing.

• great stuff everybody heart

I on the otherhand own heaps of M3 stuff!

and just realised this D|S Filament render video actually qualifies for this thread too as all M3 and V3 so will post it here!

edited December 2020

I did create second skin clothing for many of the characters from Genesis 8 renders using Spotlight and polypaint in Zbrush though so sort of cheating but I never could load that many later figures in DAZ studio.

I actually got the idea from the fact I own many second skins for them already and polypainting with Spotlight projection is something I can even do fairly easily.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 2020

Well, I couldn't leave Vickie in the state of almost being thrown in the water, could I?

Seems Noosha's cheering the process on, too.

Regards,

Richard.

Ultrascenery 05c R01.png
    1860 x 911 - 4M
  • Stephanie Petite and Friends

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

UnifiedBrain said:

Stephanie Petite and Friends

LOL

UnifiedBrain said:

Stephanie Petite and Friends

Love it! LOL

• Sven and Kerya, thanks. :)

• Wait, those skeletons aren't social distancing!! lol.

Awesome work, UnifiedBrain.

• Brilliant!

Regards,

Richard.

• Cathan and Richard, much appreciated. :)

• mmalbertmmalbert Posts: 412
    edited February 2021

So I bought some stuff for Laura 3 yesterday and today, mostly from the vault sale. Did pick up Mel for Laura 3 from Renderositiy with today's wishlist sale. Her makeup options were Poser-only but LIE makes her a little more DS-friendly nowadays.

I also bought a bunch of Aiko 3 stuff before it got vaulted, so I have to come back and post some test drive renders for those too. :)

Laura3_Mel_Gothish_02.png
    900 x 900 - 2M
    Laura3_Mel_Gothish_01.png
    600 x 900 - 1M
    Post edited by mmalbert on
    edited February 2021

Back with Akio 3 (via Kioki) and the newly acquired Aemilia Doll textures (which has file path errors, ugh) and BioSeige outfit. The outfit is kinda fun, though the boots -- which are largely not shown in the promos -- are ginormous. Wow. This one is a prime candidate for experimenting with shaders.

BioSiege_800x1300.png
    800 x 1300 - 1M
  • mmalbert said:

Back with Akio 3 (via Kioki) and the newly acquired Aemilia Doll textures (which has file path errors, ugh) and BioSeige outfit. The outfit is kinda fun, though the boots -- which are largely not shown in the promos -- are ginormous. Wow. This one is a prime candidate for experimenting with shaders.

It's cool how you manage to keep on making this oldschool stuff look good.
  • CriosCrios Posts: 2,666

About Hiro, is come in my mind this old render, mad all with Hiro 3

https://www.deviantart.com/lord-crios/art/A-barbecue-day-425417003

edited February 2021

Thanks, Kettu. That oldschool stuff takes hours of work to get it looking decent. All Poser formats, rarely any bumps maps much less specular and SSS. But I always feel a little pleased with myself when something turns out okay. I wish I'd gotten the morphs sets for Laura/Luke and Maddie/Matt before DAZ vaulted them. Sigh...

And I really do like that BioSeige Suit. If it was recreated for G8F I'd buy it (but hope it would have no monster-sized boots.)

I haven't used Hiro 3 in a while. I should load him up, dust him off, and do something with him. I think I have at least one campy, retro space outfit for him. David 3 has the saddest showing of clothing in my content, but Hiro 3 comes a close second. Thankfully, there those Adzan and elleque freebies.

Another vault buy was the Lily Dress for Aiko 3. It probably had texture add-ons at one point but I don't see anything left in the store. I have a set of Asian fabric shaders and re-rendered the outfit with one of the tiles. No shoes, so I borrowed a pair from another outfit. The fan is not shader-friendly, but I have a lot of nice Asian fans from the Mei Lin 6 era I can substute. I used Aiko 3 Toon, which has been removed from the store, and Littlefox's Sheriwyn Hair.

A3_Lily_Dress_Shaders.png
    771 x 900 - 1M
    edited February 2021

Okay, talking to myself here, lol! But if anyone was wondering (besides me that is) if the BioSeige outfit would autofit okay to later Genesis figures, here it is on Aiko 7 (via Wear Them All.) I don't have any autofit clone products yet for Genesis 8.

It autofitted a lot better than I expected. You have to be carefult with arm and feet poses as not to mangle those boots (I think they're growing on me) or the little upper arm thingies, which tend to get droopy when the arms are bent far down, but the original is a bit finicky too.

Aiko 7 BioSeige Test.png
    2600 x 1400 - 2M