NEW! Novica & Invited Guest Contributors Tips & Product Reviews Pt 6

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited January 2016

Flirting 64.6 and Happy 64.3. Uma poses EXTREMELY WELL with the Expressions. This is back with Gia's body, despite what the image name says. So she makes a very charming individual when she's showing her softer side.

umaNoGiaFlirt64Happy64.jpg
    550 x 1000 - 282K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • FistyFisty Posts: 3,416

Does Uma use the Gia UV set (assuming Gia has her own UV set)?

I refer thee to the product feature list..

http://www.daz3d.com/fwsa-uma-hd-for-gia-7

cheeky

I'll check, and I'll check that outfit parts for you. Had to get off the computer for a few minutes, my dogs were barking at something in the back yard and I have very tame possums (but who have very sharp teeth!) 

It says Base Female. The dropdown also allows for Victoria 7 and Gia 7, but it loads with Base Female.

Checking on that outfit, will post back in this one.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    Fisty said:

I refer thee to the product feature list..

http://www.daz3d.com/fwsa-uma-hd-for-gia-7

cheeky

Ah, read right past that, thanks.  And many thanks, Novica, this has been very helpful, albeit not for my wallet.

edited January 2016

Oh my gosh, have you guys seen the popups down below that tell you when someone posted while you are typing?????? I did a fast screenshot which was good because they disappeared. New feature???? (Edit- It didn't do it when SereneNight commented and I was on the thread at the time. But I knew you two posted!) 

forumpopup.jpg
    763 x 362 - 925K
    Post edited by Novica on

Fisty said:

cheeky

Ah, read right past that, thanks.  And many thanks, Novica, this has been very helpful, albeit not for my wallet.

Evil cackle- I intend to drag everyone else's wallet down with mine! I am still checking that outfit for you. Those popups got me sidetracked.

edited January 2016

Okay, here's the deal- those whatnots on the shoulders can be opagued out with the cutout opacity in Surfaces (I know you know this, but for newbies I am being specific.) The collar can be opagued out too, but one problem- the circular emblem in the middle of the collar is called "small details" (use the Surface tool, looks like three sheets of paper, above the viewport. Click on it and it will automatically show you in Surfaces what it is) Well, that emblem in the collar (Small Details) also includes the circles in the waist. So you either have to do a fill of a shader in that waist section (there is no cloth underneath) or keep the collar and it's round emblem.  (I think some shaders would look gorgeous there, even a metal one which matches the silver on her boots!) 

umaNoShoulders..jpg
    550 x 1000 - 270K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • TeofaTeofa Posts: 823
    edited January 2016

Disgust is one of my favorite stock morphs, and yes, it doesn't knit the brows into that dented shadowed forehead thing.  I think of it more as a disapproval morph.

Post edited by Teofa on
    edited January 2016

A dragon leering (literally) at a thonged women's hiney... Look at that second thumbnail with the dragon on the left. And the expression on his face! 

Okay, so let me get this straight. If I spend $49 I can get those releases from today free. But wait, there's a limit on how I can use them, after I've spent $49 to get them. Yeah, let me race to the Cart button. Not.

Post edited by Novica on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

don't get me started on that "outfit".

It's not so much a "limit on how you can use them" it's more because they seem to be the first of the encrypted content that you can only use them in the new 4.9 

Novica said:

A dragon leering (literally) at a thonged women's hiney... Look at that second thumbnail with the dragon on the left. And the expression on his face! 

Okay, so let me get this straight. If I spend $49 I can get those releases from today free. But wait, there's a limit on how I can use them, after I've spent $49 to get them. Yeah, let me race to the Cart button. Not.

Yeah, I meant using them as a synonym for "getting them." 

Reminder: everyone keep a copy of 4.8 in case you want to go back to it. Once a new version is released, the old is taken out of the Product Library. I looked and I think it's already gone, I didn't see it.

Ah, gotcha! :)

I'm sticking with 4.8 for the foreseeable future. I'm not particularly keen on a few of the things that are in 4.9 so I'm going to sit back and wait. I did the public beta ages ago when it was released and hated it. 

Mind you, if ALL new products come wiht that encrypted thing and can ONLY be used in 4.9...well, I can see my hobby will be dying for a while.  

Novica said:

Yeah, I meant using them as a synonym for "getting them." 

Reminder: everyone keep a copy of 4.8 in case you want to go back to it. Once a new version is released, the old is taken out of the Product Library. I looked and I think it's already gone, I didn't see it.

edited January 2016

I read about an hour ago where it makes suggestions based on what you've bought- well, as we all know, I got those outfits that came with the Gia bundle, but they're not something I would have bought! Can you imagine the suggestions it would have for me? (More of those dragon outfits!) 

Interesting in the other thread- the DIM and Connect can run at the same time. I don't even want to boggle my mind with that. I have enough trouble keeping up with one thing installing items.

Post edited by Novica on
  • mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152
    Novica said:

Oh, but this.. outfit must be the un(?)happy accident of a naked woman sitting down on a hatchling's tail. The poor thing just froze in place when trying to get away, cradling her other assets in its wings in the progress.

Excuse me while I go get the mental eye bleach.

I use DIM for two reasons - 1) the download speed is about three times faster than if I download manually on site (i have NO idea why) and 2) I can see with a simple right click exactly where everything got installed and can then go in and rename the folders etc or move them (I take everything OUT of that stupid Environments folder and put it in Props, and I put an "IR" in front of props that have Iray materials so I can FIND it)

I love DIM. I don't want to use anything else. And giving me suggestions on what I have bought previously? Holy cow, I shudder at the thought of what they will "show" me. Like you, I have bought bundles in the past because the very few items in them that I actually want, will cost more to buy separately. And there are MANY items in my runtime that I will NEVER use. Ugh.  

Novica said:

I read about an hour ago where it makes suggestions based on what you've bought- well, as we all know, I got those outfits that came with the Gia bundle, but they're not something I would have bought! Can you imagine the suggestions it would have for me? (More of those dragon outfits!) 

Interesting in the other thread- the DIM and Connect can run at the same time. I don't even want to boggle my mind with that. I have enough trouble keeping up with one thing installing items.

edited January 2016

LOL!!! Yeah, I looked at that and thought of her sitting down and said, "OUCH." That would really dig into her backside! And as they say on television, "That can't be unseen." You're stuck with that image of the outfit AND the leering dragon. I showed it to my son and he laughed out loud. (Son is in his 20's, wanted to clarify that!) 

Post edited by Novica on

*dies laughing* So true Mori_Mann, that's the best description I've seen yet LOL 

mori_mann said:
    Novica said:

Oh, but this.. outfit must be the un(?)happy accident of a naked woman sitting down on a hatchling's tail. The poor thing just froze in place when trying to get away, cradling her other assets in its wings in the progress.

Excuse me while I go get the mental eye bleach.

What happens when she bends over to pick up a dragon egg? Wedgie to end all wedgies!!!! And I wonder what she does when she needs to pee......

jakiblue said:

What happens when she bends over to pick up a dragon egg? 

The OTHER dragon starts leering too.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I keep picturing her sitting down...those points on the front bit would dig into some very uncomfortable places.  

Novica said:
    jakiblue said:

What happens when she bends over to pick up a dragon egg? 

The OTHER dragon starts leering too.

Encryption?  4.9 only?  I'm not going for that.  I'm still on 4.6 I think, at least that's what it says, although I do have Gen3 and that.

I don't want IRAY at all.

And that outfit is hidious.  So, I'll be expecting to see it in gallery with 57 likes.

I did pick up a couple of things tonight in the sale - I noticed there was discount stacking on the PA's that are in yesterday's "Gritty" sale (shhhhh! keep it under your hat) so nabbed a few things and used one of my coupons and blew the rest of my money. I have NOTHING in my bank now, till Tuesday. LOL. I'll do a render or two and post a review here shortly. :)

Teofa said:

Encryption?  4.9 only?  I'm not going for that.  I'm still on 4.6 I think, at least that's what it says, although I do have Gen3 and that.

I don't want IRAY at all.

And that outfit is hidious.  So, I'll be expecting to see it in gallery with 57 likes.

Teofa,  I wasn't an early adopter of Iray either. It kicked off in March I believe, and I waited four or five months to try it. Seemed so overwhelming. But there are some REALLY easy basics that will get you going with really wonderful renders. Scenes that would take me 12-15 lights (including specialty linear point lights to get a special glow near the face, etc)  can be done more easily (think 3-6 lights or less.)  If you ever decided to switch, or try it, let me know and I'll help you through the baby steps when you're first starting out. Can your computer handle it?

And lol, you're right about the gallery. 

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

I didn't upgrade from 4.6 so far, simply because my coffee grinder would likely collapse :)

For me, it's a matter of sparing the ancient hardware.

edited January 2016

It will be a very long time, Novica.  Lol.. your hardware is worth more than my old, but cute Tracker I drive.  And I get bucky about having to switch to Nvidia.

My comp is like 2 years old. AMD quad core HP pavilion.  I could afford it and it does everything I need to do.

So far I think IRAY looks like the bomb for portraits.  On landscapes I see a lot of flattening, but could be user.

I'll perhaps need to upgrade when I can do a 3Delight image like this consistantly.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/20/7a90b581c4560e26de3cd39071c949.jpg

Post edited by Teofa on

I understand holding on to a computer. My laptop was at least four or five years old I think. Your 3DL images are coming along nicely Teofa!

edited January 2016

Oh, thanks, Novica.  That makes me happy :)

The one I linked, sadly, isn't mine.

Post edited by Teofa on

hope this is ok to post here Novica, it's not a review but a freebie but I thought some of the readers may like it as we've been discussing Iray and iray lighting lately:

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Iray-Studio-Light-Set-FREE-DOWNLOAD-585763158

Retrodevil (vendor here at DAZ) has put up a free iray light set up and I'm just playing around wiht it now. Contains lights as well as the backdrop (and I am seriously addicted to backdrops) LOL

edited January 2016
    jakiblue said:

hope this is ok to post here Novica, it's not a review but a freebie but I thought some of the readers may like it as we've been discussing Iray and iray lighting lately:

Of course it is, happy to have your help with the thread.

Teofa, I knew that wasn't yours. I've seen yours over in the New User threads. I was complimenting YOURS. smiley

BTW, back on page 70 is where I asked what to do to back up your content before you switch. Fixmypcmike and SereneNight gave great info. It starts with this post, be sure to read on down from there.

Post edited by Novica on
This discussion has been closed.