NEW! Novica & Invited Guest Contributors Tips & Product Reviews Pt 6

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited January 2016

Piddling around with Cirque Collection, if you need some performing / circus products, these are very elegant! I wanted to play with dark on dark. Could still tweak it more, but I need to do some other things.

BTW, to do an invert mask in Corel Photo Paint, you click the area and Ctrl+Shift+I. Took me forever to find it doing a Google search.

This is Darby, (Gen2F)  I have more of her but will do that later. I'm experimenting with the Iray skin that I saved from Clover. Since Darby is so different, I'm making a different skin set. Darby is a very dainty character. 

Huge render, 1800 pixels tall, so click to enlarge.

DarbyCirque2A.png
    1440 x 1800 - 1M
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited January 2016

This is another one, with three more spotlights added and lumen changes to the other. One thing to look out for with Darby- when I used the smile morphs in Expressions (when you go to Parameters>Actor>Posing) you need to watch teeth/gum pokethrough. It is one of those things that don't show up in the viewport very well, and I'd hate for anyone with a slower render speed to get deeply invested in the render, only to have the darker spots start showing up on the lower jaw/by the chin. You can definitely use Expressions, just note that Happy at .43 caused mild pokethrough, so test any of them below that level which involve the mouth moving a lot.  Darby poses easily with facial expressions, so it's not a problem at all. 

DarbyCirque4.jpg
    1431 x 1307 - 297K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited January 2016

Hate these darned "drafts" at the bottom. I see a lot of people double posting then removing due to putting the images back into a draft. If we had a better way to post images, this wouldn't be happening.

Curious, has anyone rendered any of those music notes and poses? I don't remember seeing many of those around, and it's a cute set. I'll have to look it up.

Post edited by Novica on

This is crazy insane- doing renders in 39 seconds! This was the first set of Darby that I did, before Cirque. I am playing with Iray skin. This was the default skin, not Iray. (I'll add to this post, I have to back track to see what I rendered and kept.) I did the closeup in slightly over a minute. Wow, this is such a change for me to be able to render so fast. 

DarbyMythbellHawthorneHairIRAY.jpg
    450 x 1000 - 223K
    DarbyScreenshot39Secs.jpg
    799 x 754 - 1M
    DarbyScreenshotIrayrender.jpg
    1024 x 657 - 2M
    edited January 2016

This is crazy insane- doing renders in 39 seconds! This was the first set of Darby that I did, before Cirque. I am playing with Iray skin. This was the default skin, not Iray. (I'll add to this post, I have to back track to see what I rendered and kept.) I did the closeup in slightly over a minute. Wow, this is such a change for me to be able to render so fast. 

This shows how slender Darby is. G2F skin, but rendered in Iray. Mythbell  (Gen2 F) outfit with Hawthorn Hair  (Genesis / G2F) 

The second render is with the Iray optimized skin for G2F. 

DarbyMythbellHawthorneHairIRAY2.jpg
    450 x 1000 - 325K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

Nice render time Novica, yesterday I did a render of a G3F with hair and the Louisiana dress for V4 which I applied Fisty's cloth Iray shaders to just to see how it would look, which by the way the Louisiana dress autofits excellent to G3F and has lots of mat zones to use shaders on, I also used the Point and Shoot iray lights in my render and the whole thing took almost 2 hours to render! I forgot the exact size but it wasn't that big.  Can't wait for the rest of my computer parts to get here so I can get my machine built :)

Kharma said:

Nice render time Novica, yesterday I did a render of a G3F with hair and the Louisiana dress for V4 which I applied Fisty's cloth Iray shaders to just to see how it would look, which by the way the Louisiana dress autofits excellent to G3F and has lots of mat zones to use shaders on, I also used the Point and Shoot iray lights in my render and the whole thing took almost 2 hours to render! I forgot the exact size but it wasn't that big.  Can't wait for the rest of my computer parts to get here so I can get my machine built :)

I actually had a mention of you in that post but I removed it because I didn't know if you'd mentioned you had indeed already bought the parts and they were on the way. I am SO excited for you! (Kharma is talented and building her own!)  What really wowed me was I had NINE spotlights in addition to the main light in those Cirque, and it was a huge size in pixels, and it would have taken me 4-9 hours to render on my laptop. So let us know when you get all your parts put together and how it's working for you. That is so cool to get exactly the parts you want.

I'm doing one now that is at 83% in 7 minutes 42 seconds. 

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416

More lights usually render faster than less lights in Iray

edited January 2016

Oh yes, that's right! Read that a long time ago but forgot. 

For all of you Genesis 2 Female folks who are being "left out" today with a Genesis 3 Female release that has some very pretty figures, here's Genesis 2 Astrid to the rescue! That blond bombshell promo might fool ya into thinking pampered goddess or sex symbol, but she's a nice looking brunette who can workout with the rest of us! (and yeah, still look gorgeous doing it.)  I did a little postwork on the skin, but trust me, you'll love this gal (shown with Iray optimized materials.) I was surprised, honestly, as I thought "I looked at this sexy one WHY?" based on the main promo. Then when you go through the thumbnails, you see a slightly different side of her.  (Btw, in case you're wondering why I had to paste, I had to open a new window and copy my post. The other page said "You do not have permission to upload files."  WHAT???? I was signed in and everything.)  These are 1800 pixels, click to enlarge.

Hair is Christina Hair (MANY morphs, including wind blown, a MUST HAVE for that, volume, and shiny!) and she's obviously wearing Let's Get Physical!   There's also the bundle.

AstridIraymatsMyTweaks2.jpg
    1159 x 1713 - 1M
    AstridIraymatsMyTweaks.jpg
    1181 x 1800 - 1M
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited January 2016

Maybe they didn't like my reviews, lol.

permission.jpg
    500 x 216 - 688K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited January 2016

Here's Briley with Geneva Hair and Early Morning Workout pose.  Wearing Cardio Gear. This is with the defaul Iray lighting that loads when you open the Studio.  It is Dome and Scene, Infinite Sphere. Saturation was knocked down to .79 because Briley is typical Genesis 3, pretty ruddy. Crush blacks .38, burn highlights .25, exposure value 12.99, shutter speed 97.53,  f stop 8, ISO 130. 

Briley.jpg
    525 x 800 - 249K
    Briley2.jpg
    525 x 800 - 236K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited January 2016

Doing now: Gia with Jungle Goddess. (WIthout the bow) She is in a pose from  DA Confident Poses. I deliberately kept the same render settings so you could compare Briley and Gia's skin textures (both with saturation lowered to .79, etc) Gia is in the EXACT same location (Y rotated) as Briley. Coming up in a couple minutes- she's almost done (at 3 minutes 12 seconds with 1000 px. Love this new computer, I can do this stuff for you!)  The Ireland Hair does NOT have that weird curve over the ear as a default, it's straight hair. I removed the render with the quiver strap going into her side, it also went into the skull at the chest.

And gosh, I do like those boots. No heels! 

This one, I was playing with the quiver strap. It does not have a "flow over the chest", aka, lower it to the chest, you have to do the shoulder and also the lower part of the chest, and must keep it over that center piece of the outfit. I broke it down in Scene and there were no individualized translations, etc for different parts of the strap. I'm also wondering why I can't get the Iray mats really black on this hair. I am using the Iray materials. There is a spotlight from above, so that's the only thing I can think of that is affecting it.

GiaJungle Goddess6.jpg
    656 x 1000 - 355K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited January 2016

Here's FWSA Uma with the Gladiator Goddess outfit. Geneva Hair again.

UmaGladiatorGoddess2.jpg
    550 x 1000 - 342K
    UmaGladiatorGoddess.jpg
    550 x 1000 - 302K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited January 2016

Cailin has light eyebrows and Nimue Hair has a color that goes very well with them. Nimue Hair is for G2F but auto-fits. I had hair trouble again with the morphs freezing, but this time it let me twiddle with the shorten plaits (which I didn't) but most of the other sliders didn't do anything. I am not too concerned as the auto fit may have interfered since it's a G2 hair on a G3. Or maybe my studio being whacky, but this time, reloading the hair didn't change anything. So the plaits look a bit stiff but I couldn't swing the lower part or bend anything.

This is the Wall Ranger outfit.

cailinNimueG2hairWallRanger.jpg
    550 x 1000 - 350K
    cailinNimueG2hairWallRanger2.jpg
    550 x 1000 - 275K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • TeofaTeofa Posts: 823

I loved the Wall Ranger promo image :)

I really like the Uma character too. smiley

• TeofaTeofa Posts: 823
    Novica said:

I really like the Uma character too. smiley

She's on my wish list.  She is awesome.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited January 2016

My take on Briley (Iray).

Briley.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 492K
    Post edited by TJohn on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

that shield looks....odd. Just on the arm like that, without her having something to grasp. It makes me think it'd slide around her arm if she was using it in battle. LOL.

Nice renders btw!! 

Novica said:

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Sometimes autofitting hair makes the morphs go whacky and not work. It's best to just parent hair - load it and fiddle with settings to get it to fit and then parent it to her head. Have to do it in the zero position pose tho to get the best results.  

Novica said:

Cailin has light eyebrows and Nimue Hair has a color that goes very well with them. Nimue Hair is for G2F but auto-fits. I had hair trouble again with the morphs freezing, but this time it let me twiddle with the shorten plaits (which I didn't) but most of the other sliders didn't do anything. I am not too concerned as the auto fit may have interfered since it's a G2 hair on a G3. Or maybe my studio being whacky, but this time, reloading the hair didn't change anything. So the plaits look a bit stiff but I couldn't swing the lower part or bend anything.

This is the Wall Ranger outfit.

I'll have to do that next time- it was funny to me that twice within a few days I've had "bad hair days." I was running out of steam this morning, about three hours overdue to get some sleep. And while the upper Eastern and Midwestern U.S is getting cold weather and snow, I was out trimming bamboo trees this morning in my front yard. Weird- the sun was shining, blue skies above, with dark clouds coming, and it started raining on me. Not blowing in, from straight above, blue skies. I was like, "Well, this is Florida." 

I had the same thought about the shield. I guess it's for grabbing a second weapon with the free hand. I just did it out of the box. I REALLY like the folds on the skirt on Gladiator Goddess, very realistic, fluid. 

tjohn, Briley is quite lovely. The hues really set it apart, love the golden overtones. 

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    Novica said:

Now I'm torn -- I was disappointed that Gia 7 is so skinny, but that image is just the look for my Sovereign.  Could you post a pic (clay render or form-fitting outfit) of Uma with the Gia body dialed out, if that's an option?  And how kit-bashable is that outfit?  The pauldrons and gorget are perfect, but non-goddesses actually wear armor for protection, not just the look.

edited January 2016

BTW, this is a version of her from 2008, using V4:

berov4j.jpg
    644 x 704 - 228K
    Post edited by fixmypcmike on
    edited January 2016

Hey, just surfed back in. Sure, I can experiment, just tell me what you want. What exactly do you mean by "With the gia body dialed out?" Do you want Uma on only the Gen 3 Female?  (Right now, I kept her in the same pose and put her in Basic Wear, so we will have a comparison. Rendering now)

Done- this is the default, onto Gia. (I kept the shirt pokethrough so we can compare if the top changes.)  Now I'll do without Gia.

umaDefault.jpg
    550 x 1000 - 259K
    umaNoGia.jpg
    550 x 1000 - 271K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,552
    edited January 2016

I like the renders Novica. Gia looks good. Particularly with her grumpy expression dialed in. I wasn't going to buy the pro bundle but I like the look of the characters rendered here. So much better than the promo art!

Post edited by Serene Night on
    edited January 2016

Well hey, this is interesting. I loaded the character from Content Library, the Genesis 3 Females>Characters, and from the avatars. Gia Body is only dialed in at 75%. Don't the characters based on a character usually dial in at 100%? I never check, always assumed. So I guess the other 25% is Gen2F because no other gal listed has the other %. (Uma Body is grayed out at 100%) 

Edit: I've pulled Gia Body down to 0% and rendering now. (GO BACK UP TO PREVIOUS POST TO SEE SIDE BY SIDE) (Wow, took 2 minutes 8 seconds to render!) 

What I noticed, doing the slider back and forth, is the belly gets a bit of a paunch and the six pack becomes a Pepsi drinker. (that would be me.) Werll, more like a DIET Pepsi drinker, she still looks DARNED good! (that would NOT be me.)

Post edited by Novica on
    edited January 2016

Hey SereneNight! 

Thanks, That is amazingly simple- in Expressions, it's Disgust 33.2%, no other sliders used! I hadn't ever done that one to that degree, and it really takes care of all aspects of the face and I liked it because it doesn't overdo the brows in the center where they meet. I've had a lot of "pucker up" that was too overdrawn and this one really works nicely. Want to see it on Sarge! 

It doesn't exactly remind me of disgust though. I think of a nose wrinkling up for that. Right?

Post edited by Novica on

Does Uma use the Gia UV set (assuming Gia has her own UV set)?

Okay, was curious about the 75% Gia body, and I have to agree on that. At 100% it really pulls the tummy and makes deep indentations on either side. Just so you know I did look at it.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,552
    Novica said:

Thanks, That is amazingly simple- in Expressions, it's Disgust 33.2%, no other sliders used! I hadn't ever done that one to that degree, and it really takes care of all aspects of the face and I liked it because it doesn't overdo the brows in the center where they meet. I've had a lot of "pucker up" that was too overdrawn and this one really works nicely. Want to see it on Sarge! 

It doesn't exactly remind me of disgust though. I think of a nose wrinkling up for that. Right?

I like the disgust expression. Will test it on Sarge. It looks more like a serious/concentration focus exprssion. I like that.  I would expect more lip curl with a disgust expression.

This discussion has been closed.