New Daz-OptiTex Dynamic Clothes thread [Commercial]

Comments

• OptiTex_1206374OptiTex_1206374 Posts: 56
    edited September 2012

I rigged the Four arm T-shirt on Genesis, when you load the T-Shirt you must chance Fit to Genesis in Fit to Four arms than it will work
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/dynamicfree/4ArmsTshirtGenesis.zip

Test_four_arms.jpg
    502 x 650 - 55K
    Post edited by OptiTex_1206374 on
    edited December 1969

I really really really need a mans shirt for Genesis, my preference would be without a collar - what I call a granddad collar. Please.
    Let me know or this shirt is ok, maybe somebody can make textures for this shirt.
    Granddad shirt rigged on Genesis M5
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/dynamicfree/ShirtGranddadCollarGenesisM5.zip
  • AlfRaMusicAlfRaMusic Posts: 99
    edited December 1969

OptiTex said:
    I really really really need a mans shirt for Genesis, my preference would be without a collar - what I call a granddad collar. Please.
    Let me know or this shirt is ok, maybe somebody can make textures for this shirt.

Could you provide us the templates of the shirt, Martin? I would do some Textures and maybe they are useable. :)

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited December 1969

I can't believe I have not been getting email notices about the single most important thread to me ... this one ... well, yeah ... I can believe it.

I had to read all of the way back to the first page to see if my larger hood, fuller body cloaks request for V4/M4/K4 were going to be a possibility, to find it was never responded to... lol.

Not that I mind reading, of course, but I would have liked to get notices. Daz Dynamics are why I continue to be able to pay my bills ... lol.

Anyway, as many know, I am one of those still clinging to gen 4 characters and DS3. I have DS4, but just can't get comfortable enough with it to use it for work. Plus, I don't like genesis.

As I read the past 10 pages, though, I get the dreadful feeling everything is going to be adapted to genesis, but none of the new stuff made for v4/M4/K4. Is that right?

I really, really, really do want want to be forced to Poser because I don't like genesis but need dynamics for my book covers. I don't know/understand Poser about as much as DS4 ... lol.

Speaking of which, some of my latest book covers and magazine publications that could not have paid my rent if not for Daz Dynamics made for gen 4 characters (Thank you so much Martin. You've been a huge boost to my business):

Oubliette-for-web_-_rez_777.jpg
    531 x 777 - 150K
    cloud-runner---signature-for-web_at_777.jpg
    503 x 777 - 49K
    Deragan_Sword_Prophecy_-_Meladrom_by_Rosemary_Lynch_at_777.jpg
    518 x 777 - 516K
    Deragan_Sword_Prophecy_-_Kainan_by_Rosemary_Lynch_at_777.jpg
    518 x 777 - 111K
    Experiment-38-front-cover---for-web_777.jpg
    518 x 777 - 67K
  • KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

I get the dreadful feeling everything is going to be adapted to genesis, but none of the new stuff made for v4/M4/K4. Is that right?

The real bottom line for stuff like that is what sells. If it is possible to do two versions that use the same textures there is no reason to fully stop old figure support yet. But the sales for the old figures have totally tanked over the last few months.

edited December 1969

Khory said:
    I get the dreadful feeling everything is going to be adapted to genesis, but none of the new stuff made for v4/M4/K4. Is that right?

The real bottom line for stuff like that is what sells. If it is possible to do two versions that use the same textures there is no reason to fully stop old figure support yet. But the sales for the old figures have totally tanked over the last few months.

I know ... mainly because we gen 4 users move to Renderosity. And most also use Poser, too, so still having dynamics for gen 4 isn't an issue. I don't use Poser, though.

But yes, I understand it's a money issue.

Being in business, myself, depending on what the expense would be, what would it cost for a private person to have a specific gen 5 dynamic converted for v4?

Can that be done privately or would it have to pass through Daz hands, first?

edited December 1969

Being in business, myself, depending on what the expense would be, what would it cost for a private person to have a specific gen 5 dynamic converted for v4?

For just the clothing piece it would be up to Martin. You might convince him to do hourly compensation or a flat fee based on a portion of projected sale of a similar product. But that would only be necessary if he can't do versions or both that use the same textures. If the textures are not going to carry over then you would need to do your own textures or find someone willing to put the additional hours in.

edited December 1969

Khory said:

For just the clothing piece it would be up to Martin. You might convince him to do hourly compensation or a flat fee based on a portion of projected sale of a similar product. But that would only be necessary if he can't do versions or both that use the same textures. If the textures are not going to carry over then you would need to do your own textures or find someone willing to put the additional hours in.

Well, hopefully it's still worth it for him to create for both for some time longer.

I sort of create a lot of my own textures and shaders, anyway. If I could afford the software, I would learn it & continue to create stuff I need, then sell it or give it to Martin (or anybody) to have and sell themselves. I'm not after the sales, but what I need for my work. You know?

I use dynamics in 98% of my work. So make due by mixing and altering what I have.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,296
    edited December 1969

Thank you so much Martin this is gorgeous.
    Works beautifully in DS. 4

A quick render used a tiled texture on it.

shirt.jpg
    566 x 800 - 75K
    edited December 1969

Allibaba said:
    OptiTex said:

Could you provide us the templates of the shirt, Martin? I would do some Textures and maybe they are useable. :)

https://s3.amazonaws.com/dynamicfree/GranddadCollarGenesisTemplate.zip

edited December 1969

Khory said:

Well, hopefully it's still worth it for him to create for both for some time longer.

I sort of create a lot of my own textures and shaders, anyway. If I could afford the software, I would learn it & continue to create stuff I need, then sell it or give it to Martin (or anybody) to have and sell themselves. I'm not after the sales, but what I need for my work. You know?

I use dynamics in 98% of my work. So make due by mixing and altering what I have.For me it is all the same Genesis or no Genesis I TRY to make what the people want only because of all the options I get a bit confused to make the right choices.
    To make one dress with the options for DS3 Victoria 4, DS4 Victoria 4, Genesis, Genesis V5 95%, Genesis V5 100%, Genesis V4, Genesis V5 supermodel is a bit confusing and complicated, and I try to find a way to get most of us happy.
    The first step I will make is to upgrade the existing Dynamic Clothes to Genesis (freebies and store items).
    I think that the best solution is to make and rigged all the new Dynamic Clothes for Genesis and when people want to use it for V4 they can use the animation time line option.
    And it is always possible to send me a special request to rig these Genesis dynamic clothes on V4 or M4.

edited December 1969

Are you saying I can use Genesis dynamics in DS3 as long as I animate the drape?

edited December 1969

Are you saying I can use Genesis dynamics in DS3 as long as I animate the drape?
    No only in DS4
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,296
    edited December 1969

You've probably explained already - but why can't you update to DS4?

edited December 1969

You've probably explained already - but why can't you update to DS4? Good question ;-P

edited December 1969

I have DS4 ... but it is so very different from DS3, and I am always on such tight deadlines, that I just am not comfortable enough with it to get my work done in a timely manor. I can never find everything I know I have, etc. Plus, I don't like genesis.

• 3d-username3d-username Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I have DS4 ... but it is so very different from DS3, and I am always on such tight deadlines, that I just am not comfortable enough with it to get my work done in a timely manor. I can never find everything I know I have, etc. Plus, I don't like genesis.

all your reasons seem to be personal, what is the rational for making genesis users limit new items because other users don't have the time. should everyone wait untill you like genesis?

don' get me wrong there are plenty of times that i have been in your place with technology, but where we differ is i make choices not to move along with the newest tech but i don't expect stuff to stop moving forward.

- -

martin,

it seems that the conversion for older items are working is there any news on converting v4/m4 items in the daz and optitex stores to genesis? there are quite a few items that i would like to purchase but would feel better if i knew there was a genesis update in the works?

thanks in advance.

edited December 1969

I have DS4 ... but it is so very different from DS3, and I am always on such tight deadlines, that I just am not comfortable enough with it to get my work done in a timely manor. I can never find everything I know I have, etc. Plus, I don't like genesis.It will take you maybe 1 to 2 hours to get use to the new layout and it will save you a lot of pain and time in the future, when you do not have that time you have a serious problem :-P
    I also do not see a big advantage at Genesis but certainly not a disadvantage and to use genesis is not difficult at all, takes maybe 30 minutes to learn all the options.

edited December 1969

all your reasons seem to be personal, what is the rational for making genesis users limit new items because other users don't have the time. should everyone wait untill you like genesis?

don' get me wrong there are plenty of times that i have been in your place with technology, but where we differ is i make choices not to move along with the newest tech but i don't expect stuff to stop moving forward.

- -

martin,

it seems that the conversion for older items are working is there any news on converting v4/m4 items in the daz and optitex stores to genesis? there are quite a few items that i would like to purchase but would feel better if i knew there was a genesis update in the works?

thanks in advance. Right, this has my first priority.
    I will make upgrades for all dynamic clothes, freebies and Daz store items and that will take me 1 or maybe 2 month to realize.

• 3d-username3d-username Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

OptiTex said:

Right, this has my first priority.
    I will make upgrades for all dynamic clothes, freebies and Daz store items and that will take me 1 or maybe 2 month to realize.

sweet, thanks for the response, and the items in the optitex store like the m4 shirt/tie and bette after the the daz items?

i have done quite a few animations with the wind feature and technology is quite impressive.

edited September 2012

OptiTex said:

I have DS4 ... but it is so very different from DS3, and I am always on such tight deadlines, that I just am not comfortable enough with it to get my work done in a timely manor. I can never find everything I know I have, etc. Plus, I don't like genesis.It will take you maybe 1 to 2 hours to get use to the new layout and it will save you a lot of pain and time in the future, when you do not have that time you have a serious problem :-P
    I also do not see a big advantage at Genesis but certainly not a disadvantage and to use genesis is not difficult at all, takes maybe 30 minutes to learn all the options.

I didn't say genesis was difficult. I said I didn't like it... lol. It's a personal aesthetic thing. And I have spent hours trying to figure out DS4 ... I can never find my stuff. It took me two years to learn what I know about DS3 ... lol. And I am still learning ...

And yes, time is a serious issue with all of the work I have to complete in such a short amount of time.

And I'm sure to those who are all about the 'advancement' think I'm just being silly and I'm the only one still using DS3/V4 and dynamics, but I'm not. They are just moving to Renderosity and Poser for V4 dynamics, is all.

Well ... before I create more discontent, I'll drop it ... lol. Whether I have access to new Dynamics or not, I'm going to use what I have on all of my book covers. I absolutely love Martin's work. I'll just mix-n-match like I do now and get creative with shaders and textures :D No more complaints.

Post edited by WillowRaven on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

I would like to see you make them for Genesis - not so much for G5 or M5 as I don't have them

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    I would like to see you make them for Genesis - not so much for G5 or M5 as I don't have them
    Genesis Basic right ?
  • eblankeblank Posts: 88
    edited December 1969

I just uploaded 7 simple textures for the Granddad Shirt: http://www.sharecg.com/v/64652/view/21/DAZ-Studio/7-simple-textures

promoshirt.jpg
    900 x 900 - 145K
    edited December 1969

eblank said:
    I just uploaded 7 simple textures for the Granddad Shirt: http://www.sharecg.com/v/64652/view/21/DAZ-Studio/7-simple-textures

These look great :D

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

OptiTex said:
    bigh said:
    Genesis Basic right ?

correct :-)

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    OptiTex said:
    bigh said:
    Genesis Basic right ?

correct :-)

If it's not a huge inconvenience, I like them for DS3 V4 or M4, too. Mostly M4, since I can use an M4 shirt on V4 much easier. But if it's hard or overly time consuming. :D These are really cool.

edited December 1969

In many ways it boils down more to can we all agree that the 100 percent for the base will be alright for the clothing. That means v5 gets scaled up a little bit for example. But doing that also means that the clothing can be used on most versions of a male or female shape.

edited December 1969

Right, thanks to dragon's help last year, I finally learned how to animate a drape. So I can make an M4 piece of clothing work for V4 much easier than the other way around.

• PrettyinpixelPrettyinpixel Posts: 1
    edited September 2012

Hello and thank you for your dynamic clothing. I got 70% of your creations DAZ store. Looking forward to some clothing for V5.
    Also, if possible can you create a dynamic necklaces, pendants and earrings as well?
    Sample1
    Sample2
    Sample3
    Sample4
    Sample5
    Thank you.

P.S. Great job with the V5 freebie.

Ariana4.jpg
    233 x 409 - 69K
    Post edited by Prettyinpixel on