SimTenero Randomizer OMG!!

I just have to say thank you and so far this has been FUN!! and that it works wiht any figure that has morphs is amazing!!

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,550

Thanks for the post, was eyeing this addon and thinking about getting it. I remember having a small freebie addon for poser back when V4 was the current figure and it was great to have random faces when I wanted something different.

• Thanks for the heads up on this product. I must admit I didn't even see it until now. Looks really fun.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

I've been having a barrel of fun cause you can tell it what morphs you want it to use !!

• XoechZXoechZ Posts: 1,102

I am also interested in this product. But allow me a question:

Is this just for fun, or also for serious work? Are the results just funny or also "realistic"? Can you select the morphs only, or also the range of randomness?

XoechZ said:

I am also interested in this product. But allow me a question:

Is this just for fun, or also for serious work? Are the results just funny or also "realistic"? Can you select the morphs only, or also the range of randomness?

Guess it depends on what you consider "realistic".Based on what I am seeing, it looks to be totally random. You can select any morphs you have installed and also the amount/degree it will be applied. Personally I would like the ability to set the amount for each morph also since some facial featuires would need to be applied less and others more.

Here is a quick example, base G3F, with all head morphs, some head morphs from RDNA, some from another vendor and the head morphs from 5 addon characters in the DAZ store. I set the amount to over 50% so you can see more extreme examples. Personally some of these are good starting points for me to sculpt a new face. I especially like the profile on 3 and the lips on 4.

face2.jpg
    1048 x 580 - 246K
    face1.jpg
    1048 x 580 - 247K
    face3.jpg
    1048 x 580 - 247K
    face4.jpg
    1048 x 580 - 246K

Thank you very much for the examples. And I think you are right, to see the results as starting points and not as finished shapes. Same with the bodies.

Hm, maybe I will purchase it.... :-)

• I'm loving it too.  Played around for quite a while with it before I got serious and went back to the set-up I had been in the process of making.  But I do see myself getting a lot of use from this.

XoechZ said:

Thank you very much for the examples. And I think you are right, to see the results as starting points and not as finished shapes. Same with the bodies.

Hm, maybe I will purchase it.... :-)

After a couple of tweaks to the number 4 example I posted, here is a quick IRAY render with new texture and hair. I see lots of potential with the addon.

morphtest.jpg
    816 x 867 - 470K
  • SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 2015

I'm enjoying it too. Tried it with other stuff as well, like 3DU's Noodle and Toon Cow. smiley

Here is G2F. IIRC I chose only scifi HFS, Giselle Fantasy and Stylized. I think I left the default strength though I'm not positive.

My first click of the button got me this and I went with it.

G2F-rnd.jpg
    618 x 800 - 46K
    Post edited by Spit on
  • namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,059

Spit - that's fantastic! I hope to have time to play with this over the weekend, looks like a lot of fun.

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

is there a chance to make non symmetrical faces ?

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318
    edited December 2015
    Ruphuss said:

is there a chance to make non symmetrical faces ?

The results will always depend on what morphs you have available, but yes, definitely. Although some adjustment may be necessary if you set the strength too high!

symmetry.png
    600 x 450 - 195K
    Post edited by BlueIrene on
  • Spit said:

I'm enjoying it too. Tried it with other stuff as well, like 3DU's Noodle and Toon Cow. smiley

Here is G2F. IIRC I chose only scifi HFS, Giselle Fantasy and Stylized. I think I left the default strength though I'm not positive.

My first click of the button got me this and I went with it.

I never would have thought I would like something like this, but that was an amazing idea you had.  Great character and I have to say, it seems to totally fit your style.

• Here is a little composite of some of things I got out the Randomizer today using the Genesis 2 female, because I have so many morph sets for her.. The first three I had selected Aiko 6, Keiko, The Girl 6 and Giselle, with the default limit of 35%. I got a lot of very attractive but very similar looking characters. Then I mixed it up and added the monster morphs and upped the limit 50% for my bat headed girl. I'm supposed to be working today, but this was more fun, heh-heh. I love that you can select the morphs, even expressions and some pose controls and save the selections to come back to later. I'm going to have to set up a bunch of selections to save, and this is going to be super useful.

Geat job SimTenero.

Really excellent picture Spit.

random1.jpg
    797 x 598 - 350K
    namffuak said:

Spit - that's fantastic! I hope to have time to play with this over the weekend, looks like a lot of fun.

Thanks! The only frustration I have with it is that you can't move the view around to see from a different angle while the script is up. But it's still loads of fun to play with---especially since it's not limited as to figures you can use.

I never would have thought I would like something like this, but that was an amazing idea you had.  Great character and I have to say, it seems to totally fit your style.

Thank you. I kinda like it but in some ways it terrifies me, though not as much as those Boston Dynamic dog bots pulling santa's sleigh. I wish I had a link. That was absolutely horrifying (though fascinating).laugh

edited December 2015

Hey Spit what if you have 2 viewports or 3 so you have a front ,3/4 ,and profile view ,at least while you use the Randomizer.

http://techcrunch.com/2015/12/22/heres-a-video-of-boston-dynamics-awesome-big-dog-robot-pulling-santas-sleigh/

You asked I found

Post edited by carrie58 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,129

It is fun but frustrating. There are no instructions on what the controls do. I THOUGHT the settings for the randomized morphs would be relative to their current values, and if I didn't select "Zero Before Randomizing", I could dial the range to a very low number and only make tiny adjustments to the shape I had. But that doesn't work. If I set the range to a large number to make drastic changes and then dial the range back to a small number to fine tune, the randomizing resets my character almost back to the base model I loaded. And I don't have Zero Before Randomizing checked.

So, what is "Zero Before Randomizing" supposed to do? I don't see any difference whether it is checked or not. How can I make small random adjustments to a shape that I have already randomized? Anybody know?

Strange. Lowering the range value slider to a small value works for me. But I use it differently. I shape my figure roughly as I want it in the usual way (Shaping Tab), then I run the Randomizer, choose the zones I want to randomize (either body or face, or just the legs or hip whatever) and use a range of about 10 to 15. This works pretty well.

XoechZ said:

Strange. Lowering the range value slider to a small value works for me. But I use it differently. I shape my figure roughly as I want it in the usual way (Shaping Tab), then I run the Randomizer, choose the zones I want to randomize (either body or face, or just the legs or hip whatever) and use a range of about 10 to 15. This works pretty well.

I tried that. You are right about that! If I manually dial morphs, I can make small adjustments from there. But if I randomize a large adjustment, I cannot make small adjustments to that, even if I exit the script and start it again.

Have you figured out what "Zero Before Randomizing"  does?

Is there any way to select all morphs without checking each morph group individually? I need a "Select All" check box, please. I guess I could go through the whole list for each base character once and save the set of all morphs for that character and reload it later.

barbult said:
    XoechZ said:

I tried that. You are right about that! If I manually dial morphs, I can make small adjustments from there. But if I randomize a large adjustment, I cannot make small adjustments to that, even if I exit the script and start it again.

Have you figured out what "Zero Before Randomizing"  does?

Is there any way to select all morphs without checking each morph group individually? I need a "Select All" check box, please. I guess I could go through the whole list for each base character once and save the set of all morphs for that character and reload it later.

I can't even repeat my success with dialing morphs manually and then running the randomizer now. It is back to setting the character back to the originally loaded shape. Maybe I only had success by dialing morphs OTHER than the ones selected for use in the randomizer.

edited December 2015

Sorry, I dont know what "Zero Before Randomizing" does. I just bought it and started playing with it. All I can say so far is that I have no issues using it in the way I described above. Maybe something is broken with your script and you should re-install it (just guessing about that).

But you are right with the long list of single morphs. It takes a while to find the right ones you need (e.g. for face, waist or legs), especially if you have seperate morph packs installed, because they add to the list. Highliting those "main groups" would be useful too.

But as you mentioned it, selecting several groups and then save them as preset seems to be a good idea.

Hm, and maybe the vendor of this product comes in and gives us some useful tips about using it.

Post edited by XoechZ on
    carrie58 said:

Hey Spit what if you have 2 viewports or 3 so you have a front ,3/4 ,and profile view ,at least while you use the Randomizer.

http://techcrunch.com/2015/12/22/heres-a-video-of-boston-dynamics-awesome-big-dog-robot-pulling-santas-sleigh/

You asked I found

Good idea!

And thanks for the link (I think)---don't you find those things scary as heck? indecision

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

I just thought that if you ticked 'Zero before randomizing' then each time you hit the button to randomise it would start from a zeroed base, rather than building on the last randomisation that you're just about to dismiss by randomising again. I'd open it up to look, but there's stuff I'm supposed to be doing (really radical stuff, like cleaning... sigh...) and I lost most of the day yesterday to the randomiser. Despite it's flaws, it's easily the best product I've bought from the store in a long time, and it's only going to become more versatile with each morph set and character we buy. I was even selecting hair rather than characters sometimes yesterday and randomising the morphs - there were a few acceptable results, but mostly it's great for that 'terrified' or 'finger stuck in an electric socket' look :)

Back to figure and character morphs, though, since we'll all own different sets then maybe it's a particular morph that's causing any unpredictable behaviour with the 'Zero' function, and it might be worth experimenting with morphs that are likely to be common to most of us so that we can all pitch in to try to help establish what's happening.

I love the suggestion to split the viewports for a better look at what's going on during randomising. What a great idea.

I'd be amazed if this product doesn't go on to become a best seller. For less than the typical price of one, I got myself loads of new characters yesterday and particularly love using it in conjunction with Zevo's aging and face weight morphs. 'Normal' characters that make a welcome change from the 'Beautiful People' that parade through the store every morning, but they've got a few fantastic new monsters to keep them company as well. I love this product to bits so far, and my only regret is that it can't do the cleaning!

Spit said:
    carrie58 said:

You asked I found

Good idea!

And thanks for the link (I think)---don't you find those things scary as heck? indecision

Yea I think they are in a pothole in the uncanny valley ,sorta right but not ....if that makes any sense at all .

• ameesa001@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 282
    edited December 2015

Has anyone try using a shape that has been exported?  I tried and they didn't come back looking like they had when I exported them, so I'm wondering what I did wrong.  My steps were as follows:

1.  Used Randomizer to get a shape I liked.

2.  Exported shape into a folder I created where it saved as a.duf file. 

3.  Opened a new scene and added figure that the shape was created for. 

4.  Used the Randomizer preset I had saved on the figure.

I realize I can save each shape as a scene subset after I close Randomizer, but I'm wondering what I am doing wrong using that option within Randomizer itself.

Post edited by [email protected] on
    Ameesa said:

Has anyone try using a shape that has been exported?  I tried and they didn't come back looking like they had when I exported them, so I'm wondering what I did wrong.  My steps were as follows:

I realize I can save each shape as a scene subset after I close Randomizer, but I'm wondering what I am doing wrong using that option within Randomizer itself.

I think I had the same experience, but I only tried it once. I thought maybe I had forgotten exactly what the saved shape was supposed to look like, because I had played with a few in between.

• TottallouTottallou Posts: 555
    edited December 2015
    Ameesa said:

Using  this method appears to work properly for me in 4.9  - I just tested it & here is the 2 characters

test1.jpg
    600 x 780 - 217K
    Post edited by Tottallou on
    Ameesa said:

Yep, just tried it a few times and got the same results. It seems that some of the dailed morphs are not being included when saved or loaded. I loaded up G3F, opened the randomizer, made a random shape, exported it. Then loaded a new G3F, and applied the saved preset and all 5 times i tried, there were noticable differences and settings missing. Wonder if it has anything to do with specific morphs that some have and others don't

Here is an example

randomtest1.jpg
    1104 x 812 - 193K
    randomtest2.jpg
    1104 x 812 - 199K
  • I don't have this, but I wonder if it is looking at the memorised state? Perhaps try running the script with a big rnage, then EDit>Figure>Memorise, then run with a smaller range - does that then vary around the randomised state?

• TottallouTottallou Posts: 555
    edited December 2015

I just tested this again but using 4.8 & for this one & I get the differences that FMCDesigns does

In 4.9 Beta it works without a problem for me so far

test4.8.png
    400 x 600 - 167K
    Post edited by Tottallou on