SimTenero Randomizer OMG!!

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566

I have the update and have tried that method, but I have lots of additional morphs other than the default, so it wouild be good if I could just set it up all at once since there are so many to go thru, just a thought.

• Hello All,

The latest update is live!  Keep your eyes peeled in DIM, the update should be showing soon, if it's not there already.

Here's what to expect:

Bug Fixed - Figure's scale modifiers are no longer affected by the "undo" button.

New Feature - Added a "Use Limits" checkbox.  When the box is checked, new random morph values will be limited to the pre-defined lower and upper limits.  When the box is unchecked, new values will range from -100% to 100%.

New Feature - Text Filter!!!  Entering text into the box at the top of the Randomizer window and clicking "Apply Filter" will narrow the items in both the Morph and Morph Group lists to items containing the supplied text (it is not case-sensitive).  Please note, this is a filter rather than a search, so entering "word1 word2" will return results that contain the exact text "word1 word2", not results that contain "word1" and/or "word2."  Clicking "Clear Filter" will remove the filter and display all items.

I hope you enjoy the new features! laugh

• Thank you!  :)  

• hphoenixhphoenix Posts: 1,335

Now that a lot of the issues have been fixed, I'm just waiting on a sale to where I can pick it up!

Thanks for the update!!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Woot!  Already downloaded the update thanks!  I honestly think this is like one of my top 3 favorite things EVER.

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496

Yipee!

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808
    edited February 2016

Thanks for the update!! I was just testing it and it's so much easier to change just a small part at a time now. One watchout - clearing the filter does not clear your selections, so if you filtered for nose, and have one you like, turn off all the nose morphs before you clear the filter. 

Edit: The new text filter is a great addition. Here's a character I made today using base genesis 2 male and Zev0's aging morphs.

(click on image for larger render)

Post edited by RGcincy on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

Thank you for the update. I'm sorry to report that Undo still does not work right.crying

I fit North Hair to Hachiro for Lee 6. I used the randomizer on North Hair. I selected Actor/Style + Movement morphs with the filter. I checked Randomize Selection, Zero Before Randomizing, and Use Limits. I Randomized Selected Morphs one time  and then did Undo. The hair jumped up away from Hachiro's head when I did Undo. What I see in the Parameters pane is that the hidden fit morphs in the hair got doubled in value when I did Undo. Those morphs were not even in the set of morphs that were randomized, so I don't know why Undo affected them at all. For example, the hidden morph FHMLee6 was 44% before randomizing and 88% after Undo. I attached some screen shots of what happened.

Before Randomize.png
    2560 x 1408 - 1M
    Random Selection.png
    662 x 1039 - 43K
    After Undo.png
    2560 x 1386 - 1M
  • barbult said:

Thank you for the update. I'm sorry to report that Undo still does not work right.crying

I fit North Hair to Hachiro for Lee 6. I used the randomizer on North Hair. I selected Actor/Style + Movement morphs with the filter. I checked Randomize Selection, Zero Before Randomizing, and Use Limits. I Randomized Selected Morphs one time  and then did Undo. The hair jumped up away from Hachiro's head when I did Undo. What I see in the Parameters pane is that the hidden fit morphs in the hair got doubled in value when I did Undo. Those morphs were not even in the set of morphs that were randomized, so I don't know why Undo affected them at all. For example, the hidden morph FHMLee6 was 44% before randomizing and 88% after Undo. I attached some screen shots of what happened.

Thank you for testing!  The new fix applies specifically to default scale modifiers.  As you know, any morph can be made to control other parameters as it's applied.  I've tried to come up with a generic system for accounting for these connections, but the truth is, I won't be able to anticipate all of the many possible ways the connections could be made.  That is to say, some morphs may still exhibit wonky undo behaviors, but I have tested with hundreds of morphs on a bunch of figures, and those effects seem limited to a very small fraction.

That said, I'll, of course, continue to work to improve Randomizer and if I can come up with a reliable way to apply the "undo" without affecting any potential controlled parameters, I will definitely do it.

Thank you again for for the feedback!  I maintain a list of to-do items and this is super helpful! :-)

• RGcincy said:

Thanks for the update!! I was just testing it and it's so much easier to change just a small part at a time now. One watchout - clearing the filter does not clear your selections, so if you filtered for nose, and have one you like, turn off all the nose morphs before you clear the filter. 

Edit: The new text filter is a great addition. Here's a character I made today using base genesis 2 male and Zev0's aging morphs.

(click on image for larger render)

Wow, he looks great!  Very believable features.  I like the composition and pose a lot as well.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

Keep in mind that none of the morphs that I selected in the randomizer have any direct or indirect impact on the values of those hidden fit morphs. This is not a case of randomized morph A controlling hidden morph B. The values of these hidden morphs are set when the hair is fit to the character in the first place, before the randomizer is even opened. Those hidden morph values were not changed when the randomizer was applied, so they should not have been changed when the Undo was applied. I hope this helps you identify the Undo problem.

• Woot!  Already downloaded the update thanks!  I honestly think this is like one of my top 3 favorite things EVER.

That is so nice to hear, thank you!

• Finally, I got a chance to try this out.  I bought it the first day and am just now getting to play with it.  I needed some Asian males for a gift render for the Sensei who is head of my sons' karate organization.  I mixed in a lot of my morphs like Shape Shift for G2 males, Big Boys for G2 males, Zev0's Aging Morphs, Muscularity Morphs and all of the Asian morphs that I have and came up with some great characters.  In all, I got about 16 really good characters. All of them regular not in great shape, but healthy older Asian gentleman to put in the render.  I didn't really need that many, but I was having such a great time that I just couldn't seem to stop.  I actually got one that would be great for a sumo wrestler.  He was definitely a keeper!  Just need a sumo outfit now.  I can see that I'm going to have lots of fun with this one.

• Finally, I got a chance to try this out.  I bought it the first day and am just now getting to play with it.  I needed some Asian males for a gift render for the Sensei who is head of my sons' karate organization.  I mixed in a lot of my morphs like Shape Shift for G2 males, Big Boys for G2 males, Zev0's Aging Morphs, Muscularity Morphs and all of the Asian morphs that I have and came up with some great characters.  In all, I got about 16 really good characters. All of them regular not in great shape, but healthy older Asian gentleman to put in the render.  I didn't really need that many, but I was having such a great time that I just couldn't seem to stop.  I actually got one that would be great for a sumo wrestler.  He was definitely a keeper!  Just need a sumo outfit now.  I can see that I'm going to have lots of fun with this one.

I'm glad you're enjoying it!  I don't have some of those morph packs, so it's good to know they are producing good results for you.  Of course, I never met a morph pack I didn't like laugh

• simtenero said:

Finally, I got a chance to try this out.  I bought it the first day and am just now getting to play with it.  I needed some Asian males for a gift render for the Sensei who is head of my sons' karate organization.  I mixed in a lot of my morphs like Shape Shift for G2 males, Big Boys for G2 males, Zev0's Aging Morphs, Muscularity Morphs and all of the Asian morphs that I have and came up with some great characters.  In all, I got about 16 really good characters. All of them regular not in great shape, but healthy older Asian gentleman to put in the render.  I didn't really need that many, but I was having such a great time that I just couldn't seem to stop.  I actually got one that would be great for a sumo wrestler.  He was definitely a keeper!  Just need a sumo outfit now.  I can see that I'm going to have lots of fun with this one.

I'm glad you're enjoying it!  I don't have some of those morph packs, so it's good to know they are producing good results for you.  Of course, I never met a morph pack I didn't like laugh

If my current gift render for the Sensei ever finishes, I'll run a render of some of the best of the Asian males I made.  Looks like another day of rendering as it is poster size and taking longer than I expected to get it done. 

I think the resulting characters were very realistic.  And yes, gotta love those morphs.  I collect them like crazy and as much as I love spin dialing a character, using your Randomizing gave me much quicker results with some great characters.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

Knittingmommy what size is a poster size render???

edited February 2016

This one is a bit more on the pretty side of normal.

Allysa Medieval.png
    359 x 582 - 312K
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • carrie58 said:

Knittingmommy what size is a poster size render???

I'm doing a render for a 16 by 20 landscape poster and it has to be 300 ppi so the render is 6000 px by 4800 px with an aspect ratio of 5:4.  Rendering in Iray and I'm CPU only.  It is still running.  I haven't been able to play with DS in 3 days.

• Ice Dragon Art said:

This one is a bit more on the pretty side of normal.

Really nice, Sonja!  I really like the way her face turned out.  I think what I like most is how the nose looks with the eyes giving her a nice delicate look.

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited February 2016

Okay, so I'm working on a render with a few of my aging Asian fellas that I created with the Randomizer.  I think they turned out really well.  I did another render here, but most of their faces are hidden and only two of the Asian characters faces are recognizable. 

I made about 16 or so characters that I kept.  I really like the ones I kept.  There were a few weird, awkward ones that I didn't keep, but overall, I really like how the script works.  I'll definitely be playing with it more.

These include the following morphs: All the Asian morphs I had, Big Boys for Genesis 2, Zev0's Aging Morphs, Muscularity and maybe a few others.

AgingNinjascropped.jpg
    1862 x 1058 - 553K
    AgingNinjascropped.jpg
    1862 x 1058 - 553K
    Post edited by Knittingmommy on
  • simtenerosimtenero Posts: 383

Hello All, a little bit of shameless self promotion :-)

I just wanted to share that SimTenero Randomizer is on sale for March Madness!!!

http://www.daz3d.com/simtenero-randomizer

• TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865

Just picked it up!

Okay, so I'm working on a render with a few of my aging Asian fellas that I created with the Randomizer.  I think they turned out really well.  I did another render here, but most of their faces are hidden and only two of the Asian characters faces are recognizable. 

I made about 16 or so characters that I kept.  I really like the ones I kept.  There were a few weird, awkward ones that I didn't keep, but overall, I really like how the script works.  I'll definitely be playing with it more.

These include the following morphs: All the Asian morphs I had, Big Boys for Genesis 2, Zev0's Aging Morphs, Muscularity and maybe a few others.

Love it!

simtenero said:

I just wanted to share that SimTenero Randomizer is on sale for March Madness!!!

And if you don't have it you should most definitely get it!

simtenero said:

And if you don't have it you should most definitely get it!

Agreed!! between this, the V4 UVs for GF3 and the dynamic clothing converter, I have had lots of new ideas and results to keep me busy lately

• hphoenixhphoenix Posts: 1,335

Finally on sale for what I can afford!  Grabbed it with a few other things for March Madness.

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Love it!

Thanks, Sonja,  I was real happy with how well all of the morphs played out in the Randomizer.  Well worth the price of the product.  It is nice to get those random average looking people.  When I'm spin dialing myself, I tend to have a kind of set picture in my head of what I want and, when I try to deviate, a lot of my characters look the same.  Having the Randomizer as a tool helps me break out of my head a little for more variety.

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

I'm still to do much with the latest script (grabbed it almost as soon as I saw it, with any resolve not to spend anything today straight out of the window!), but the randomiser is probably number one in my list of 'Top Ten DS Products I'm Glad I've Bought' :)

• simtenerosimtenero Posts: 383

Thanks all for the kind words, I'm so pleased this has been able to assist you all in your art!!!  After all the great feedback, the version available today is substantially improved over it's initial release, so for those of you who just picked it up recently, I think you'll have a great experience and you've got the fine folks in this thread to thank laugh