barbult's take on the lives of Jack and Richard

1…2526272830

Comments

  • backgroundbackground Posts: 940
    edited September 13

    barbult said:

    background said:

    Will they be travelling on the VSOE, the modern interpretation of the famous Orient Express? If so almost anything could happen.

    I didn't know anything about VSOE, but I think that certainly should happen now. 

    They could always catch the VSOE after the Venice visit, that would give you more time to think about what you want to do. There are some orient express interior sets here, not sure if there is an exterior, it would be Wagon Lits blue i think.

     

    Post edited by background on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,603

    background said:

    barbult said:

    background said:

    Will they be travelling on the VSOE, the modern interpretation of the famous Orient Express? If so almost anything could happen.

    I didn't know anything about VSOE, but I think that certainly should happen now. 

    They could always catch the VSOE after the Venice visit, that would give you more time to think about what you want to do. There are some orient express interior sets here, not sure if there is an exterior, it would be Wagon Lits blue i think.

    I'll check what train products I have.  

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,603

    This looks pretty nice and I already own it.

    Screenshot 2026-09-13 160647.png
    560 x 724 - 513K
  • Venice? I wonder how Other-Richard is about swimming - all that fur will be bad when wet.

  • As for jack and Ron missing the sights, you booze, you lose. Perhaps they should stick to espressos in Venice.

  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 8,157
    edited September 14

    Richard Haseltine said:

    Venice? I wonder how Other-Richard is about swimming - all that fur will be bad when wet.

    Terry Pratchett knew his onions, in general with the hydrophobics (Colour of Magic, 1983), he just applied the it to the wrong species. The repulsion field is so strong I hover above the water and don't get wet at all.

    Regards,

    Richard 

    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,603
    edited September 15

    Train to Venice

    Ron: This is our train. 
    Richard Haseltine: Yay, on to our next adventure. 

    Our Train to Venice.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 1M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,603
    edited September 15

    You Booze, You Lose

    Richard Haseltine: Jack, look at what a great room we have on the train! You get the upper bunk and I get the lower one. 
    Jack: It's very cat-centric. Strange...
    Richard Haseltine: Now, Jack, I really have to put my foot down. No more alcohol for you on this trip. I don't want you to miss out on everything again. You Booze, You Lose. Look right here. They provided a nice espresso machine and some cookies for you. And over there is a bowl with cat treats for me.
    Richard Haseltine: We're already moving fast. The countryside is streaming by. We should get to Venice on time. I'm already getting hungry. Let's get Ron and Other-Richard and go to the dining car. 

    You Booze You Lose.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • If he drinks enough espresso he won't need either bunk...

  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 8,157
    edited September 16

    I have noticed with my cats that they won't settle in the same room as a cat basket. Just saying.

    I love the detail of the book titles in front of the expressssssso machine, as well as the detail on the blankets. Ha! Just seen the origin of the food bowl & treats..

    Really is very good, @Barbult, and I haven't even mentioned the station scene - yep love it.

    Regards,

    Richard

    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,603

    richardandtracy said:

    I have noticed with my cats that they won't settle in the same room as a cat basket. Just saying.

    I love the detail of the book titles in front of the expressssssso machine, as well as the detail on the blankets. Ha! Just seen the origin of the food bowl & treats..

    Really is very good, @Barbult, and I haven't even mentioned the station scene - yep love it.

    Regards,

    Richard

    Thanks for noticing the details! The shader on the blankets, the books, and the picture on the wall came from The Cat Collection. The bowl and cat treats came from you, of course.
    If Jack drinks too much espresso and stays up all night, Richard can ignore the cat basket and jump up to sleep on Jack's bed instead.
     

  • Surely he would anyway? We usually have to share 60:40 cat:2 humans (ie 20% per adult human). Regards, Richard.
  • richardandtracy said:

    Surely he would anyway? We usually have to share 60:40 cat:2 humans (ie 20% per adult human). Regards, Richard.

    That was the plan, yes.

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,603
    edited September 20

    Murder He Yelled!

    The train conductor rushed into the dining car. "Don't anybody move", he yelled. "There's been a murder on this train, and I'm going to figure out who did it", he continued.
    Murder

    Inspired by the comment from @background: "Will they be travelling on the VSOE, the modern interpretation of the famous Orient Express? If so almost anything could happen."

    FG Luxury Train Dining Car Shocked People_Camera 2.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • Haha, looks like Richard and other Richard are automatically surrendering. Guilty consciences at work perhaps...

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,603

    background said:

    Haha, looks like Richard and other Richard are automatically surrendering. Guilty consciences at work perhaps...

    Certainly Richard must be declaring his innocence. 

  • Cats are always innocent, even when they are not. Regards, Richard.
  • It was probably justified musicide, they might have chewed the insulation off some vital cable.

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,603
    I can't find a definition of musicide. I shall assume it comes from the mouse genus mus and corresponds to homicide. I'm sure that must be the murder we are faced with on the train.
  • Actually I think on reflection that it might be muricide - Latin is deliberately confusing - but having exerted myself to check the dictionary it  didn't have either version.

    And now I feel betrayed - an online search did confirm muricide where the Concise Oxford didn't.

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,603
    edited September 21

    Musicide

    Train Conductor: It was musicide! We have  HAD three pet mice in the kitchen, Ketchup, Mustard and Pickles. We found Mustard cut in half in the kitchen with the knife.
    Ron (jumping up and pointing): I saw the farmer's wife coming out of the kitchen when we were coming down here for dinner. 
    Other-Richard spins around to examine the farmer's wife's reaction to the accusation. Richard Haseltine jumps up on the table for a better look. Jack looks disgusted that such a horrible thing could even happen.
    Train Conductor: What do you have to say for yourself, madam?
    Farmer's Wife: I went into the kitchen to look for a snack before dinner. Three mice in the kitchen ran after me. I was so scared! I grabbed a carving knife to defend myself. One of the mice ran right into the knife and sliced himself in half. He must have been blind, not to see that knife. I didn't commit musicide; he committed suicide. 

    Mucicide.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,603

    Richard Haseltine said:

    Actually I think on reflection that it might be muricide - Latin is deliberately confusing - but having exerted myself to check the dictionary it  didn't have either version.

    And now I feel betrayed - an online search did confirm muricide where the Concise Oxford didn't.

    I was busy creating the "Musicide!" render and didn't see your muricide message. So I stuck with musicide. 

  • backgroundbackground Posts: 940
    edited September 21

    Hmmm, I think Miss Scarlet needs to explain why she was carrying a lead pipe.....I hope she hasn't been intefering with the brakes.

    At least we know the Farmer's Wife can 'Cut the Mustard'.

    Post edited by background on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,603

    Hmmm, I think Miss Scarlet needs to explain why she was carrying a lead pipe.....I hope she hasn't been intefering with the brakes.

    At least we know the Farmer's Wife can 'Cut the Mustard'.

    I nearly choked from laughter when I read the cut the mustard comment. You come up with brilliant hilarious stuff! I'm glad to see back in the thread. You were missing for a bit.
  • I'm surprised that the cats aren't complaining that muricide is their job and should be an event in the catalympics. Thinking here that it should be syncronised artistic muricide.

    Regards,

    Other Richard

  • Thanks barbult, it's weird that looking at a picture, or reading a description, created by someone else triggers some word association for me. I tried my own thread but it was not working for me in the same way, and I kind of felt 'burned out' by it, hence I went off and worked on some non 3D stuff for a while.

  • backgroundbackground Posts: 940
    edited September 21

    richardandtracy said:

    I'm surprised that the cats aren't complaining that muricide is their job and should be an event in the catalympics. Thinking here that it should be syncronised artistic muricide.

    Regards,

    Other Richard

    I'm not cleaning up after that!  I'm imagining Richard, surrounded by numerous mouse bodyparts, shouting "Are you not entertained!?". I'll keep quiet now.

    Post edited by background on
  • The cats would clean up everything except the intestines and tails as part of the event, surely?

    Regards,

    Richard

  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 5,050

    richardandtracy said:

    The cats would clean up everything except the intestines and tails as part of the event, surely?

    Regards,

    Richard

    And then leave the intestines and tails on someone's pillow as a present!  

  • Shhh! They don't need to know that. Anyway, presents are good.

    Regards

    Richard

Sign In or Register to comment.