barbult's take on the lives of Jack and Richard

1…2527293031

Comments

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,603
    edited July 6

    Richard Haseltine said:

    MelanieL said:

    Richard Haseltine said:

    barbult said:

    At the Airport

    Jack: Ron, are you coming back there. Try to keep up, please. We don't want to get separated.

    My airport crowd is made up of LowPis. The view out the window is an old photo I took 22 years ago, blurred in Photoshop to simulate the DOF of the scene. The composition, with Jack off at the side, is somewhat uncomfortable. I did that on purpose. Airports are uncomfortable and stressful to me. Richard looks uncomfortable in that little cat carrier, too. I got the cat carrier free recently on Renderosity. It turns out that my product library contains a lot of luggage items, some of which I used here.

    I don't like sitting with my back to the engine.

    Maybe you'd prefer to be in the cockpit flying the plane? (There's an idea) 

    It would be a good way to chase birds.

    Don't catch any. It might make the engines stop and the plane crash. 

    Post edited by barbult on
  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779
    edited July 6

    This hilariously priceless.

    Post edited by Ron Knights on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 8,153
    I do sometimes go on holiday with the kitchen sink, but it's usually built into a van.. Regards, Richard.
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,603
    I do sometimes go on holiday with the kitchen sink, but it's usually built into a van.. Regards, Richard.
    I guess I somehow intuitively knew that you traveled with your sink. I just got some of the details wrong.
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,603
    edited July 9

    What Now?

    Ron: Other-Richard's cat carrier won't fit under the seat in front of me. What do we do now?
    Jack: I was afraid that might be a problem. We'll have to ask the flight attendant what to do.

    737 Interior Ron Jack Cats PS..jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779

    Great image!

  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 111,715

    Am I the only one worried by the emergency exit door? I mean, these humans can be very clumsy.

  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 8,153
    edited July 9
    Just let me out, there are plenty of laps to be tried out. Then without anyone in the carrier, the two halves can be separated and stacked inside each other under the seat. Oh, just remember all these seat are like hurdles, so would be ideal for catalympics training throughout the flight. Maybe after a few minutes of lap pummeling to lull everyone into a false sense of security. Regards, Richard.
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,603

    Richard Haseltine said:

    Am I the only one worried by the emergency exit door? I mean, these humans can be very clumsy.

    Yes, I think you are the only one. At least the handle seems to be too high for you and Other-Richard to reach, in case you get curious about it. 

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,603

    richardandtracy said:

    Just let me out, there are plenty of laps to be tried out. Then without anyone in the carrier, the two halves can be separated and stacked inside each other under the seat. Oh, just remember all these seat are like hurdles, so would be ideal for catalympics training throughout the flight. Maybe after a few minutes of lap pummeling to lull everyone into a false sense of security. Regards, Richard.

    It sounds like you've done this carrier stowing before!  

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,603
    edited July 10

    Keep Your Seatbelts Fastened

    Jack: Miss, we've run into a problem. My traveling partner's emotional support cat won't fit under the seat in his carrier. He's a pretty big fluffy cat. 
    Flight Attendant: Well, the airline is required to accommodate your emotional support animals. There is an empty seat between you two. How about putting your cats in that seat? They will have to wear a seatbelt, though. Do you think they are compliant enough to do that?
    Jack: Oh, yes, we will be sure they behave. They are intelligent cats. We'll explain the rules to them. 

    Cats in Seat_004_PS.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,603

    Our guys will have a long flight to Paris. My flight to Albuquerque leaves Sunday morning, and I'll be gone through the next Sunday. 
    I love the bond between Richard and Jack in that last image. Ron and Other-Richard seem a little frozen. Maybe they are nervous fliers.

  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779

    Actually, my Dad had owned planes since I was a kid. We flew with him a few times.

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,603

    Ron Knights said:

    Actually, my Dad had owned planes since I was a kid. We flew with him a few times.

    I guess in my image you are just relaxing serenely, then. 

  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779

    Don't let me derail your story!

    I just happen to have frequent anxiety attacks.

  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 111,715

    At least we are sitting fairly comfortably. Have a good flight yourself, barbult

  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 8,153
    edited July 10
    Really love Richard's pose staring adoringly into Jack's eyes. I do find my lack of whiskers disturbing. I've had them since I left school. They are a very visible white colour these days. Anyway, Barbult, enjoy your exercise flying to Alberquequequerqueque (Help! How do you stop spelling the city name?) Regards, Richard.
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 111,715

    richardandtracy said:

    Really love Richard's pose staring adoringly into Jack's eyes. I do find my lack of whiskers disturbing. I've had them since I left school. They are a very visible white colour these days. Anyway, Barbult, enjoy your exercise flying to Alberquequequerqueque (Help! How do you stop spelling the city name?) Regards, Richard.

    You should take a left turn

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,603

    Richard Haseltine said:

    At least we are sitting fairly comfortably. Have a good flight yourself, barbult

    Thanks, Richard.  

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,603

    richardandtracy said:

    Really love Richard's pose staring adoringly into Jack's eyes. I do find my lack of whiskers disturbing. I've had them since I left school. They are a very visible white colour these days. Anyway, Barbult, enjoy your exercise flying to Alberquequequerqueque (Help! How do you stop spelling the city name?) Regards, Richard.

    I noticed your missing whiskers, too, after posting. I'll have to go back and see if I missed including something in the Maine Coon package. Or maybe I was supposed to use the original Zeus whiskers. We'll just say you shaved for the trip. They will probably grow out again when I figure out the problem. Albuquerque is a tough one to spell. I usually have to look it up on the Internet to check my spelling.

  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 41,660

    barbult said:

    richardandtracy said:

    Really love Richard's pose staring adoringly into Jack's eyes. I do find my lack of whiskers disturbing. I've had them since I left school. They are a very visible white colour these days. Anyway, Barbult, enjoy your exercise flying to Alberquequequerqueque (Help! How do you stop spelling the city name?) Regards, Richard.

    I noticed your missing whiskers, too, after posting. I'll have to go back and see if I missed including something in the Maine Coon package. Or maybe I was supposed to use the original Zeus whiskers. We'll just say you shaved for the trip. They will probably grow out again when I figure out the problem. Albuquerque is a tough one to spell. I usually have to look it up on the Internet to check my spelling.

    got too close to the fireplace maybe, cats can melt their whiskers that way

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,603
    edited July 23

    Cockpit Assistant

    Copilot: Where did you come from?
    Richard Haseltine: 12B
    Copilot: Watch out! Don't step on any of those buttons!!
    Richard Haseltine: Oh, no, I won't. That would be bad! I'll be very careful. I saw the pilot leave to go into the restroom. I thought you might need some help up here. 
    Copilot: Are you a certified Boeing 737 pilot with over 15 years of experience?
    Richard Haseltine: No, I'm only 3 years old. But several humans have said that I am certifiable. I am excellent at many many things, though. I might be an excellent pilot if I had the chance to try.
    Copilot (chuckling to himself): OK, I could use a hand. Hop carefully over into the pilot's seat. Don't bump ANYTHING!

    Richard hops carefully into the pilot's seat.

    Copilot: OK, The main pilot is Pilot A. I am Pilot B. Right now I am flying this bird. You are sitting in Pilot A's spot. To put you in control, we have to make Pilot A the active pilot. So look closely at all of those buttons and switches. Do you see the one that says A-U-TO-PILOT? Press that button - ONLY that button. It will set A, yoU, TO PILOT.
    Richard: I did it! I am flying this plane! Look, we didn't even crash!
    Copilot: Good work! Thanks for helping out. Now don't touch anything else.

    Main pilot returns from the restroom.

    Pilot: What is going on here? What is a cat doing in here!
    Copilot (winking): He ran in to help while you were out of the cockpit. OK, kitty, you can go back to your seat now. The Pilot is back. 
    Richard Haseltine: Kitty a relative of mine, but I am Richard Haseltine. Thanks for letting me fly the plane.

    Richard reluctantly returns to his seat.


     

    Richard Haseltine Pilot_004_Camera 1.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 111,715

    Well, that co-pilot is certainly inteligent. 

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,603

    Richard Haseltine said:

    Well, that co-pilot is certainly inteligent. 

    I guess he recognized your inherent talent for operating complicated equipment.. 

  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 8,153

    Seems grossly unfair that I can't help... wink

    Regards,

    Richard

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,603

    richardandtracy said:

    Seems grossly unfair that I can't help... wink

    Regards,

    Richard

    You were asleep and missed the brief opportunity to dash into the cockpit before the door closed. Richard Haseltine is an excellent sprinter. 

  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 8,153

    Cats tend to be... zero to flat out in one pace.

    Regards,

    Richard

  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 6,102

    barbult said:

    Cockpit Assistant

    Copilot: Where did you come from?
    Richard Haseltine: 12B
    Copilot: Watch out! Don't step on any of those buttons!!
    Richard Haseltine: Oh, no, I won't. That would be bad! I'll be very careful. I saw the pilot leave to go into the restroom. I thought you might need some help up here. 
    Copilot: Are you a certified Boeing 737 pilot with over 15 years of experience?
    Richard Haseltine: No, I'm only 3 years old. But several humans have said that I am certifiable. I am excellent at many many things, though. I might be an excellent pilot if I had the chance to try.
    Copilot (chuckling to himself): OK, I could use a hand. Hop carefully over into the pilot's seat. Don't bump ANYTHING!

    Richard hops carefully into the pilot's seat.

    Copilot: OK, The main pilot is Pilot A. I am Pilot B. Right now I am flying this bird. You are sitting in Pilot A's spot. To put you in control, we have to make Pilot A the active pilot. So look closely at all of those buttons and switches. Do you see the one that says A-U-TO-PILOT? Press that button - ONLY that button. It will set A, yoU, TO PILOT.
    Richard: I did it! I am flying this plane! Look, we didn't even crash!
    Copilot: Good work! Thanks for helping out. Now don't touch anything else.

    Main pilot returns from the restroom.

    Pilot: What is going on here? What is a cat doing in here!
    Copilot (winking): He ran in to help while you were out of the cockpit. OK, kitty, you can go back to your seat now. The Pilot is back. 
    Richard Haseltine: Kitty a relative of mine, but I am Richard Haseltine. Thanks for letting me fly the plane.

    Richard reluctantly returns to his seat.


     

    I'm impressed the plane did not lick it's undercarriage ... :) 

  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 111,715

    barbult said:

    Richard Haseltine said:

    Well, that co-pilot is certainly inteligent. 

    I guess he recognized your inherent talent for operating complicated equipment.. 

    Indeed. Err, wait, let me think about that one.

  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,878

    Aw, I knew he'd find a way to fly that plane (or at least to think he was flying it)

    Great story so far, can't wait fot the next development!

Sign In or Register to comment.