barbult's take on the lives of Jack and Richard

1…2324262829…31

Comments

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,603

    MelanieL said:

    I'm guessing that the whole thing is a scam and Richard will get messages to send a hefty contribution towards the trip to the scammer.

    [We just had our hottest ever June day today (36.1°C quite near where I live - that's almost 97° F - the normal June average is about 21°C  or 70°F) and expecting even higher tomorrow, so my brain is fried and I may just be hallucinating! ]

    Whatever direction your story takes though I will be watching with bated breath!

    I doubt if Richard has money to contribute, now that he has been cut off from Lola's credit card (for good reason). I've never seen him carry a wallet. wink Only time will tell whether it is a scam or or not. We'll see which way the wind blows. I suppose it could take some time to really find out the truth.

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,603
    edited June 25

    Richard Haseltine said:

    This all looks very promising. I'm not sure what it is promising, though. (Also too hot here.)

    I guess promises can go both ways. This is a mystery still.

    Edit: I censored myself and moved my off topic weather comments to the discursion thread.

    Post edited by barbult on
  • cjfeacjfea Posts: 335

    I love the scattered leaves in these two renders, also the careful attention to selecting props (ex. tea bags, cat food bowls).

     

  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779
    edited June 25

    I heard my name! I've been catching up on sleep since they're finishing installing our new roof.

    Saw some flags hanging over my window..... Hmm.

    Post edited by Ron Knights on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,603

    cjfea said:

    I love the scattered leaves in these two renders, also the careful attention to selecting props (ex. tea bags, cat food bowls).

    Thanks for your attention to my attention to detail. smiley I can't take credit for the scattered leaves. They are part of Stonemason's Le Cafe, which I used (only slightly modified) for the environment. One of the cat bowls is a freebie created by richardandtracy (Other-Richard in my story). The tea bags are from esha's Take a Break Props Set in the Daz Store.

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,603

    Ron Knights said:

    I heard my name! I've been catching up on sleep since they're finishing installing our new roof.

    Saw some flags hanging over my window..... Hmm.

    I told you that you might be back! We have a new thread for off topic discussion now, in case you want to discuss your building remodel in more detail, or something else unrelated to the story or renders. You can find the "discursion" thread here. 

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,603
    edited June 25

    ROFL

    Richard: Jack, call Ron and ask him to come over here, so we can convince him to join the entourage. He lives just around the corner.

    Jack calls Ron, and Ron arrives shortly.

    Ron: What is this about a Catalympics entourage? What the heck is a Catalympics. I've never heard of such a thing.
    Richard: It IS a thing! We are going to travel all over the world and scout locations for the competitions. Lola got a call for me from Phil Harmonica himself, inviting me to select a male entourage of 3 to accompany me on the adventure. That's you guys!
    Jack, Ron, Other-Richard: Phil Harmonica?? 

    Uncontrollable laughter ensued. ROFL

    Richard: What's so funny?

    Phil Harmonica ROFL_002.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 5M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • backgroundbackground Posts: 940
    edited June 25

    That's a cruel joke to play on a poor innocent cat! I suspect Jack is behind it because he spoke to Richard, just before 'Phil' rang him. Whoever it was knew Richard's surname, so that narows the list of suspects to a couple of hundred thousand. Maybe Lola was in on it too??

    Post edited by background on
  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779

    Nice picture. I got a laugh out of it.

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,603
    I do hope it wasn't Richard's friends playing a cruel joke! They look kind of guilty there, though. Maybe they are just honestly amused. We'll have to see what happens. Will Phil come through? Does he exist? Will the guys have an adventure? Will Richard be tricked?
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,603
    Hmm after some more thought, background's comment sent me thinking in a new direction. I love that about this thread. I never know where it will go.
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,603

    Nice picture. I got a laugh out of it.

    You got a laugh IN it too!
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 111,715

    Well, it wasn't enough to make one cat laugh. 

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,603

    Richard Haseltine said:

    Well, it wasn't enough to make one cat laugh. 

    You see the world differently than most cats, I think. You are unique.

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,603
    edited July 3

    Mail from the CSC

    Richard: Lola!!! Come look! I got mail from the CSC. They sent two plane tickets, one for Jack and one for Ron. We Richards are officially registered as Emotional Support Animals, so we can travel with them in the cabin. CSC even sent a wad of cash for "incidentals". We leave for Paris on Tuesday! Yippee!!
    Lola: What or who is the CSC?
    Richard: They are the Catalympics Supervising Committee...or the Catalympics Support Concern..or something...

    Mail from the CSC.jpg
    2600 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779

    Oh, wow! I'm so excited!

  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 111,715

    barbult said:

    Mail from the CSC

    Richard: Lola!!! Come look! I got mail from the CSC. They sent two plane tickets, one for Jack and one for Ron. We Richards are officially registered as Emotional Support Animals, so we can travel with them in the cabin. CSC even sent a wad of cash for "incidentals". We leave for Paris on Tuesday! Yippee!!
    Lola: What or who is the CSC?
    Richard: They are the Catalympics Supervising Committee...or the Catalympics Support Concern..or something...

    Well, that is unexpected - no wonder I look surprised.

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,603

    Bon Voyage!

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,603
    edited July 5

    At the Airport

    Jack: Ron, are you coming back there. Try to keep up, please. We don't want to get separated.

    My airport crowd is made up of LowPis. The view out the window is an old photo I took 22 years ago, blurred in Photoshop to simulate the DOF of the scene. The composition, with Jack off at the side, is somewhat uncomfortable. I did that on purpose. Airports are uncomfortable and stressful to me. Richard looks uncomfortable in that little cat carrier, too. I got the cat carrier free recently on Renderosity. It turns out that my product library contains a lot of luggage items, some of which I used here.

     

    Jack Backpack Airport Crowd_003_Camera 1.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • backgroundbackground Posts: 940
    edited July 5

    That's a lot of luggage, everything except the kitchen sink, but maybe  Ron is carrying that, that might explain why he's not able to keep up with Jack.

    Post edited by background on
  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779

    I'm coming. Huff, puff, stumble, mumble.

  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 8,155
    Poor Richard cramped in that little carrier. Good thing the US doesn't seem to need passports for pets or injections before transport in the way Europe & the UK do. That really wouldn't be nice. Amazing detail and quantity of people in the image. Regards, Richard.
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 111,715

    barbult said:

    At the Airport

    Jack: Ron, are you coming back there. Try to keep up, please. We don't want to get separated.

    My airport crowd is made up of LowPis. The view out the window is an old photo I took 22 years ago, blurred in Photoshop to simulate the DOF of the scene. The composition, with Jack off at the side, is somewhat uncomfortable. I did that on purpose. Airports are uncomfortable and stressful to me. Richard looks uncomfortable in that little cat carrier, too. I got the cat carrier free recently on Renderosity. It turns out that my product library contains a lot of luggage items, some of which I used here.

    I don't like sitting with my back to the engine.

  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,878

    Richard Haseltine said:

    barbult said:

    At the Airport

    Jack: Ron, are you coming back there. Try to keep up, please. We don't want to get separated.

    My airport crowd is made up of LowPis. The view out the window is an old photo I took 22 years ago, blurred in Photoshop to simulate the DOF of the scene. The composition, with Jack off at the side, is somewhat uncomfortable. I did that on purpose. Airports are uncomfortable and stressful to me. Richard looks uncomfortable in that little cat carrier, too. I got the cat carrier free recently on Renderosity. It turns out that my product library contains a lot of luggage items, some of which I used here.

    I don't like sitting with my back to the engine.

    Maybe you'd prefer to be in the cockpit flying the plane? (There's an idea) 

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,603

    MelanieL said:

    Richard Haseltine said:

    barbult said:

    At the Airport

    Jack: Ron, are you coming back there. Try to keep up, please. We don't want to get separated.

    My airport crowd is made up of LowPis. The view out the window is an old photo I took 22 years ago, blurred in Photoshop to simulate the DOF of the scene. The composition, with Jack off at the side, is somewhat uncomfortable. I did that on purpose. Airports are uncomfortable and stressful to me. Richard looks uncomfortable in that little cat carrier, too. I got the cat carrier free recently on Renderosity. It turns out that my product library contains a lot of luggage items, some of which I used here.

    I don't like sitting with my back to the engine.

    Maybe you'd prefer to be in the cockpit flying the plane? (There's an idea) 

    Probably a bad idea, as 3DIO also recognized. I suppose it is possible that Richard is an excellent pilot. But I don't think his arms are long enough to reach all those controls.  

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,603
    edited July 6

    I'm Coming, Jack

    Ron: I'm coming. Huff, puff, stumble, mumble. This cat is heavy and so is this luggage cart. Why do cats need so much luggage, anyway?
    Other Richard: We need our cat beds and our food bowls and our water bowls and our brushes and our toys. And I only take a bath in my own kitchen sink.
    Richard: And don't forget, we need our litter boxes and litter! 
    Jack: Richard even insisted on bringing a few leotards.

    Ron Other Richard Luggage Sink.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 1M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,603

    Richard Haseltine said:

    I don't like sitting with my back to the engine.

    If I turned you the other way, we couldn't see your nice face. That's all I thought about in positioning you. You'll just have to suffer for a bit. 

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,603

    background said:

    That's a lot of luggage, everything except the kitchen sink, but maybe  Ron is carrying that, that might explain why he's not able to keep up with Jack.

    I even added the kitchen sink on top of Ron's luggage pile, at your suggestion.

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,603

    I do hope the cats won't be quarantined on their adventure. I don't think they know anything about passports. 

  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 111,715

    MelanieL said:

    Richard Haseltine said:

    barbult said:

    At the Airport

    Jack: Ron, are you coming back there. Try to keep up, please. We don't want to get separated.

    My airport crowd is made up of LowPis. The view out the window is an old photo I took 22 years ago, blurred in Photoshop to simulate the DOF of the scene. The composition, with Jack off at the side, is somewhat uncomfortable. I did that on purpose. Airports are uncomfortable and stressful to me. Richard looks uncomfortable in that little cat carrier, too. I got the cat carrier free recently on Renderosity. It turns out that my product library contains a lot of luggage items, some of which I used here.

    I don't like sitting with my back to the engine.

    Maybe you'd prefer to be in the cockpit flying the plane? (There's an idea) 

    It would be a good way to chase birds.

Sign In or Register to comment.