In the end, I came to my senses (thanks to my second cup of coffee), kept my cart and all its contents. I'm glad I did- I'm enjoying the items I got, and the prices were still better than I expected.
I am not sure how you get that - the error was stor side, applying a discount it shouldn't. Did it actually make much difference, given the $1.99 floor price?
Go look at my post. Anything that cost $10 or more resulted in $2 or more for the item that got the extra bonus. Without the extra, it was $4. An extra 50% was a minimum +$2 per item that didn't get the extra. That makes a big difference.
And I assume Lugo meant correcting the error went against the customer.
From what I can tell, Alphabet soup promo seems to be working as advertised with both the new release and one nostalgic artist item in the cart, capping at 20 items with the advertised discounts. But weird with just the new release.
All I know is I've found around 10 items I want from the a-d list and the last 6 are twice the cost after discount (zero tokens) is applied depending on if they are in the first four items or last six items.
The issue wasn't with the alphabet soup, which is applying correctly - it was a spurious extra discount applying to the first five items. That has now been fixed.
There's "fixed" and there's "customers no longer get the deal they thought they would get."
Many products in the store (and my wishlist) are priced below $1.99. When I add them to the cart, Daz raises the price to $1.99. How is it a "sale" if it raises the advertised price of the items? This kind of thing disgusts me.I see other people have noticed this, too. Please report and fix this misleading pricing. The lower price advertised on the product page needs to be the price we pay, not some inflated "sale" price.
For example, put these in your cart. Daz will charge you well over twice the advertised price.
Many products in the store (and my wishlist) are priced below $1.99. When I add them to the cart, Daz raises the price to $1.99. How is it a "sale" if it raises the advertised price of the items? This kind of thing disgusts me.I see other people have noticed this, too. Please report and fix this misleading pricing. The lower price advertised on the product page needs to be the price we pay, not some inflated "sale" price.
For example, put these in your cart. Daz will charge you well over twice the advertised price.
Can you please tell me what part of which sale this is?
The screenshot is from the Nostalgic Artist Stores. Click View All Items and sort by price low to high. Scroll past the free items. The screenshot shows only a few of the cheapest. there are pages and pages of items below $1.99, and Daz charges extra once you add them to your cart.
The screenshot is from the Nostalgic Artist Stores. Click View All Items and sort by price low to high. Scroll past the free items. The screenshot shows only a few of the cheapest. there are pages and pages of items below $1.99, and Daz charges extra once you add them to your cart.
The screenshot is from the Nostalgic Artist Stores. Click View All Items and sort by price low to high. Scroll past the free items. The screenshot shows only a few of the cheapest. there are pages and pages of items below $1.99, and Daz charges extra once you add them to your cart.
The screenshot is from the Nostalgic Artist Stores. Click View All Items and sort by price low to high. Scroll past the free items. The screenshot shows only a few of the cheapest. there are pages and pages of items below $1.99, and Daz charges extra once you add them to your cart.
I have reported it.
Reported, thanks. Not fixed, thou
It seems that the breakpoint for this sale for daz originals is two or three items where people can get great deals around 93-95% off. Beyond that, the prices start escalating pretty quickly.
The screenshot is from the Nostalgic Artist Stores. Click View All Items and sort by price low to high. Scroll past the free items. The screenshot shows only a few of the cheapest. there are pages and pages of items below $1.99, and Daz charges extra once you add them to your cart.
I have reported it.
Reported, thanks. Not fixed, though.
The issue is that there is a minimum price and it doesn't take account of items thats tart out below the minimum. I assume they don't exclude them as the offer is open to all, so with DOs bvase, +, and Premier members will have diffrent prices - not all of which will be below the minimum. I suspect writing a rule that took the minimum of current price in store and $1.99 would be impractical, though we haven't had an official response
The screenshot is from the Nostalgic Artist Stores. Click View All Items and sort by price low to high. Scroll past the free items. The screenshot shows only a few of the cheapest. there are pages and pages of items below $1.99, and Daz charges extra once you add them to your cart.
I have reported it.
Reported, thanks. Not fixed, though.
The issue is that there is a minimum price and it doesn't take account of items thats tart out below the minimum. I assume they don't exclude them as the offer is open to all, so with DOs bvase, +, and Premier members will have diffrent prices - not all of which will be below the minimum. I suspect writing a rule that took the minimum of current price in store and $1.99 would be impractical, though we haven't had an official response
If they've made their pricing scheme so complicated that accurate pricing is "impractical", WOW, is that acceptable?
The screenshot is from the Nostalgic Artist Stores. Click View All Items and sort by price low to high. Scroll past the free items. The screenshot shows only a few of the cheapest. there are pages and pages of items below $1.99, and Daz charges extra once you add them to your cart.
I have reported it.
Reported, thanks. Not fixed, though.
The issue is that there is a minimum price and it doesn't take account of items thats tart out below the minimum. I assume they don't exclude them as the offer is open to all, so with DOs bvase, +, and Premier members will have diffrent prices - not all of which will be below the minimum. I suspect writing a rule that took the minimum of current price in store and $1.99 would be impractical, though we haven't had an official response
If they've made their pricing scheme so complicated that accurate pricing is "impractical", WOW, is that acceptable?
I said a rule to handle it might be impractical, but we haven't got an official answer. Please don't extrapolate from my comment (though I don't think it fair to say thei is the result of a complicated pricing scheme).
The issue is that there is a minimum price and it doesn't take account of items thats tart out below the minimum. I assume they don't exclude them as the offer is open to all, so with DOs bvase, +, and Premier members will have diffrent prices - not all of which will be below the minimum. I suspect writing a rule that took the minimum of current price in store and $1.99 would be impractical, though we haven't had an official response
It's not like this is the first time prices going up to the minimum has happened in the Daz store. This issue has been happening with some consistency since minimum pricing was first implemented a while ago. It's not like other websites also have this issue. Shopping cart software is a solved problem on most of the Internet.
What I'm seeing is some products in the G8.1 category are being displayed with a higher discount than what the sale specifies. When these products are in the cart, they show the price they're supposed to have per the sale. An example is HID Rio is displayed at 84% off, but in cart it goes for the lower discount per the sale: https://www.daz3d.com/hid-rio-for-genesis-81-female. The sale coupon will raise the price to the sale discount.
I had this problem this morning, and for me it happened when I added items to the cart, without the coupon and applied 8 tokens. The prices in the cart went below $2.99 then. Once I applied the coupon code, the prices jumped up to $2,99 so everything was more expensive with coupon than without it. Of course if you have the $ 4,99 as mininum on the coupon the same happens there with anything that goes under that price with tokens, it'll be lifted up.
Not sure if the other people reporting the issue used tokens, but with tokens, the tokens have no effect in combination with the coupon code, but do have effect without the coupon code resulting in prices being lower without the coupon code while using tokens.
I had this problem this morning, and for me it happened when I added items to the cart, without the coupon and applied 8 tokens. The prices in the cart went below $2.99 then. Once I applied the coupon code, the prices jumped up to $2,99 so everything was more expensive with coupon than without it. Of course if you have the $ 4,99 as mininum on the coupon the same happens there with anything that goes under that price with tokens, it'll be lifted up.
Not sure if the other people reporting the issue used tokens, but with tokens, the tokens have no effect in combination with the coupon code, but do have effect without the coupon code resulting in prices being lower without the coupon code while using tokens.
This appears to be the issue. And I've just noticed the dreaded
‡Discount does not stack with other offers.
So now I understand the anger of the other posted about the sale being unappealing.
Comments
Discounted item in shop is higher in my cart.
In the end, I came to my senses (thanks to my second cup of coffee), kept my cart and all its contents. I'm glad I did- I'm enjoying the items I got, and the prices were still better than I expected.
Go look at my post. Anything that cost $10 or more resulted in $2 or more for the item that got the extra bonus. Without the extra, it was $4. An extra 50% was a minimum +$2 per item that didn't get the extra. That makes a big difference.
And I assume Lugo meant correcting the error went against the customer.
There's "fixed" and there's "customers no longer get the deal they thought they would get."
Yeah, same issue.
Many products in the store (and my wishlist) are priced below $1.99. When I add them to the cart, Daz raises the price to $1.99. How is it a "sale" if it raises the advertised price of the items? This kind of thing disgusts me.I see other people have noticed this, too. Please report and fix this misleading pricing. The lower price advertised on the product page needs to be the price we pay, not some inflated "sale" price.
For example, put these in your cart. Daz will charge you well over twice the advertised price.
Can you please tell me what part of which sale this is?
The screenshot is from the Nostalgic Artist Stores. Click View All Items and sort by price low to high. Scroll past the free items. The screenshot shows only a few of the cheapest. there are pages and pages of items below $1.99, and Daz charges extra once you add them to your cart.
I have reported it.
This product is listed under Rhiannon, and can be even placed in basket, yet the link leads to OOPS page https://www.daz3d.com/eve-teddy-for-g8-and-g8-1-females
Will report it.
https://www.daz3d.com/40s-hollywood-waves-short-hair-for-genesis-8-and-genesis-9
This new hair I purchased is missing the download button and does not show up in DIM.
Will report.
Reported, thanks.
Not fixed, though.
It seems that the breakpoint for this sale for daz originals is two or three items where people can get great deals around 93-95% off. Beyond that, the prices start escalating pretty quickly.
The issue is that there is a minimum price and it doesn't take account of items thats tart out below the minimum. I assume they don't exclude them as the offer is open to all, so with DOs bvase, +, and Premier members will have diffrent prices - not all of which will be below the minimum. I suspect writing a rule that took the minimum of current price in store and $1.99 would be impractical, though we haven't had an official response
If they've made their pricing scheme so complicated that accurate pricing is "impractical", WOW, is that acceptable?
I said a rule to handle it might be impractical, but we haven't got an official answer. Please don't extrapolate from my comment (though I don't think it fair to say thei is the result of a complicated pricing scheme).
It's not like this is the first time prices going up to the minimum has happened in the Daz store. This issue has been happening with some consistency since minimum pricing was first implemented a while ago. It's not like other websites also have this issue. Shopping cart software is a solved problem on most of the Internet.
And this keeps happening:
I see the prices as intended. 70% off and with the coupon, they go to $4.99.
The bottom two are cheaper without the coupon. They go up with the coupon
I'm not seeing the prices you have. This is what I see.
Compared to the sales from the last few days, this one is pretty shocking.
It seems like an insult to someone who has spent over $13k in the last 12 months on Daz.
What I'm seeing is some products in the G8.1 category are being displayed with a higher discount than what the sale specifies. When these products are in the cart, they show the price they're supposed to have per the sale. An example is HID Rio is displayed at 84% off, but in cart it goes for the lower discount per the sale: https://www.daz3d.com/hid-rio-for-genesis-81-female. The sale coupon will raise the price to the sale discount.
I had this problem this morning, and for me it happened when I added items to the cart, without the coupon and applied 8 tokens. The prices in the cart went below $2.99 then. Once I applied the coupon code, the prices jumped up to $2,99 so everything was more expensive with coupon than without it. Of course if you have the $ 4,99 as mininum on the coupon the same happens there with anything that goes under that price with tokens, it'll be lifted up.
Not sure if the other people reporting the issue used tokens, but with tokens, the tokens have no effect in combination with the coupon code, but do have effect without the coupon code resulting in prices being lower without the coupon code while using tokens.
That 's not an isolated example, and the "higher price with coupon" is not limited to G8.1, either. This is not acceptable.
I didn't understand it either.
Add tokens. Showing the entire cart. Item was found on https://www.daz3d.com/select-memorial-g3.
This appears to be the issue. And I've just noticed the dreaded
‡Discount does not stack with other offers.
So now I understand the anger of the other posted about the sale being unappealing.