Annual PA SALE 2012 Image and discussion thread-- DAY31-- Catch up extended and more

Comments

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,247
    edited December 1969

So, does the Serendippety Dress count as a DAZ Original? Their name is on it as well as Debra Ross's.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,983
    edited December 1969

Should, I'm showing the additional PC discount on top of the 50% off PA sale discount.

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Hulk getting some post-battle quiet time with his tony-bear.

Used Stonemason's City Ruins Building 04. DS4.5Pro render, postwork in GIMP. Larger version in my deviantART gallery here.

HulkHyde08b-g1.jpg
    1280 x 1600 - 884K
  • DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420
    edited December 1969

So fun! Great render!

And Day 5 is here, and on sale... Enjoy!

Used Stonemason's City Ruins Building 04. DS4.5Pro render, postwork in GIMP. Larger version in my deviantART gallery here.

• DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420
    edited December 1969

We are trying to keep sales going long enough, that if you are checking every day, you shouldn't miss anything. Each Sale is set to run for a DAZ Day... that usually runs 36- 48 hours to make sure the whole range of international timezones can get the deals at a convenient time.
    Not trying to trick, abuse or upset anyone. The PA Sale is all about amazing great sets from the Best Artists in 3d.

Barubary said:
    namffuak said:
    Well I asked before how long does each sale last and did not see a reply to it so I missed Stone Masons sale.

Hoping they have a catch up PA sale at the end.

The announcement page pointed to by the link in the first message of this thread indicates that all sales will be one "DAZ Day" long - roughly from the time the sale starts on any given day until midnight the next day.

That's vague unless you know when it starts.

I think that's the idea.

I'm guessing it's a strategy to scare us into buying things on sale right as we see them since we don't any longer know when the sale will end.
    Which would be a horrible strategy -- companies that abuse their customers, however subtly, rarely profit by it. The end-of-sale date issue is one of the few remaining to be resolved before I'd feel comfortable promoting the store with much more than "DS4.5Pro render".

• ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 1969

Noooooooooo!

After I resisted Stonemason purchases, I thought I was free and clear. I've already spent $90, and it's only day 5.

• Thadeus72Thadeus72 Posts: 408
    edited December 1969

beautiful render

which pose do you use ?

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,878
    edited September 2012

Cyber M4... Nuff Said!

Both images are 800x1200.

157_-_Cyber_Popeye.jpg
    800 x 1200 - 799K
    158_-_CyberM4.jpg
    800 x 1200 - 505K
    Post edited by Mattymanx on
  • BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,200
    edited December 1969

DAZ_Kevin said:
    We are trying to keep sales going long enough, that if you are checking every day, you shouldn't miss anything. Each Sale is set to run for a DAZ Day... that usually runs 36- 48 hours to make sure the whole range of international timezones can get the deals at a convenient time.
    Not trying to trick, abuse or upset anyone. The PA Sale is all about amazing great sets from the Best Artists in 3d.

I'm sure it would be possible to give clear end dates, as DAZ used to, and still keep the sales going for a time span that is convenient for anyone.

I'm not sure why DAZ went from precise to vague in this regard, whether it's strategy or just more convenient for DAZ or whatever and, hey, it's their shop and their decision, but it is without a doubt not more convenient for the customer it's plain and simple more confusing.

Great, now you made me use 'convenient' 3 times in 2 sentences ;)

• edited December 1969

@Mattymanx -- thanks for the images. The cyborg looks awesome -- I've been trying not to buy stuff as I'm saving money for LAMH but I think you just gave me the final nudge, lol.

edited September 2012

DAZ_Kevin said:
    So fun! Great render!
    Thanks!

thadeus72 said:
    Hulk getting some post-battle quiet time with his tony-bear. Used Stonemason's City Ruins Building 04. DS4.5Pro render, postwork in GIMP. Larger version in my deviantART gallery here.
    beautiful render

which pose do you use ?
    It started as Kid Sitting 03 -- I'm pretty sure that's one of the poses that comes with DAZStudio4x. Thanks!

screenshot.03-09-2012_11_.01_.01-g1_.jpg
    404 x 452 - 72K
    Post edited by KickAir 8P on
  • 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    edited December 1969

Just wanted to request more Carrara items in the sale, so far we had a decent start with 2 days of 5 with many items, but it could be even better, like daily Carrara items, hint, hint.
    Running a thread in the Carrara forum where we try to sort out the highlights:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6862/

Hoping for a good catchup sale the last day too.

• AntManAntMan Posts: 2,019
    edited December 1969

All you need to know about the sale is that you have to buy this Cyborg model right now. This is a great figure at a crazy cheep price.
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/cyborg-model-4

edited December 1969

3drendero said:
    Just wanted to request more Carrara items in the sale, so far we had a decent start with 2 days of 5 with many items, but it could be even better, like daily Carrara items, hint, hint.
    Running a thread in the Carrara forum where we try to sort out the highlights:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6862/

Hoping for a good catchup sale the last day too.

The only problem there is that someone has to make them. i dont know whats comming up so whether or not there is any Carrara items comming I dont know.

edited December 1969

fivecat said:
    @Mattymanx -- thanks for the images. The cyborg looks awesome -- I've been trying not to buy stuff as I'm saving money for LAMH but I think you just gave me the final nudge, lol.

Your welcome! :D

And yeah, LAMH is gonna be worth it no matter who ya gotta sell to get it!

edited September 2012

All you need to know about the sale is that you have to buy this Cyborg model right now. This is a great figure at a crazy cheep price.
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/cyborg-model-4

Super-snazzy! How well does it fit into M4 for Genesis?
    Post edited by KickAir 8P on
  • KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

How well does it fit into M4 for Genesis?

Look at the next to last promo and see.

edited December 1969

Khory said:

Look at the next to last promo and see.
    But isn't that M4? Impressive in itself, but last I heard M4 and M4 for Genesis bend differently, and that can be an issue when you've got a cybernetic skeleton hiding inside. Not that that can't be worked around, and I'm still buying, but I wondered.
  • KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

I think that the compatability would be similar to how compatible m4 poses are on m4 genesis.

• CathyMCathyM Posts: 261
    edited December 1969

Is the Cyborg a separate model from M4? Does it not require M4? I was thinking it was like a character for M4, but that's not correct? The product page says it can use M4 clothes props and poses, and can "Conform" to M4 - I'm wondering how you get the part M4 part cyborg look - is that postworked? Thanks! (Trying to decide between one of the vehicles and the cyborg) -Cathy

• DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473
    edited December 1969

The Cyborg is a model unto itself, M4 is not required. The promos are not post-worked, I just hid parts of M4 and the Cyborg and used a magnet on the head. :D

edited September 2012

M4 Cyborg conforms very well with M4. There are a few minor poke throughs on the back of the forearms with the default M4, but that is easily covered by dialing in a little of the Bulk body morph, or select those body parts and apply morphs that you available to you. From the front view, there are no adjustments needed. Cyborg is hidden within M4's body. I invision transparency maps to expose parts of the Cyborg.... This is such a unique figure at a great price, I don't see how anybody can pass it up! Great job DzFire!

Cyborg_Conformed.jpg
    986 x 923 - 172K
    Post edited by Lindsey on
  • linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,303
    edited September 2012

You can convert CyberM4 to a Weight-mapped Figure and fit it to Genesis with the Transfer Utility.
    (Like you would do with any clothing when you want to keep the morphs.

- - -

You can find the CyberM4.cr2 as a separate figure in your runtime.

- I added a Genesis with M4 shape to the scene.

- Then I transformed CyberM4 to a Triax weight-mapped figure.
    CyberM4 selected /Scene Tab / Edit / Rigging / Convert Figure to Weight-Mapping

- Then I fitted the weight-mapped CyberM4 to Genesis with M4 shape
    CyberM4 selected / Scene Tab / Assets/ Transfer utility
    Source: Genesis / clone M4
    Target: Cyber M4
    Options: checkmark @ Reverse Source Shape from Target (Remove checkmark Morph Targets)
    ok.

Now Cyborg M4 is perfectly aligned with the Genesis M4 shape.
    Hide Genesis M4.

Now you can apply all Genesis poses to Genesis M4 and Cyber M4 will just follow.
    You could also try to use different shapes for Genesis (V5, M5, V4 etc) and Cyber M4 will follow as long as the shape is not too extreme (Troll for instances).

A different story is the mask prop of Cyber M4. You have to correct its position manually to fit to the Genesis M4 shape.

Attached is a quick test render with default DAZ studio 4.5 lights.

- - -

BUT:
    Is the metadata for Cyber M4 working? When I select CyberM4.cr2 no surface options are automatically shown in the surfaces tab and no metadata for Cyber M4 can be found in Smart Content.
    Also no surface options are shown in the surfaces tab when selecting the dzcmask in the scene tab.

- - -

In any way I am glad I bought it without knowing if it will work. I am especially looking forward to using custom shaders on all the different parts that are nicely put into different material zones.
    Thanks DzFire for this great model!

Cyborg_M4_v1001_1333x2000.png
    1333 x 2000 - 763K
    Post edited by linvanchene on
    edited September 2012

Great tip linvanchene. A unexpected side effect of conforming to Genesis allows you to morph Cyborg by applying shapes to Genesis. Here is Cyborg with M5, M5 Hero and some of Mr. Hyde dialed in.

Genesis_Conformed.jpg
    646 x 898 - 168K
    Post edited by Lindsey on
  • griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

I don't suppose someone could give a size on how large the file(s) for the cyborg is? For those of us who are on dial up type connections? Pretty please?

Of course it would be nice if Daz would get away from the 80+ meg file sizes, and break things up into 40 or 50 meg files to make it easier for those on slow connections, and put the file sizes back in.

• edited December 1969

Cyborg is 33 MB (PC version)

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

Carolan27 said:
    Cyborg is 33 MB (PC version)

Thank you, and thank you DZFire for not making him HUGE file size wise.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited December 1969

LOL I have a Fat robot:)

1.jpg
    901 x 874 - 164K
  • DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    LOL I have a Fat robot:)

Cool! What's next CyberTot?

edited December 1969

Here's a Garoul-bot ! Conformed to Genesis he becomes the amazing morphing cyborg! I haven't had this much fun in a long time...!

Garoul-bot.jpg
    777 x 794 - 124K