Annual PA SALE 2012 Image and discussion thread-- DAY31-- Catch up extended and more

Comments

• CathyMCathyM Posts: 261
    edited December 1969

Wow really love your picture Kinich! Love all the little gremliny guys you have added, thanks for your reply. :-) -Cathy

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,860
    edited December 1969

A few renders with Stonemason products...

138_-_No_Guts_-_No_Glory.jpg
    1280 x 853 - 821K
    136_-_Minami_Yaguchi.jpg
    1280 x 853 - 764K
    149_-_Untitled_3.jpg
    600 x 900 - 357K
    117_-_Unfinished_Business.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 1M
    97_-_The_Fugitive.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 440K
    edited December 1969

Love your pictures Mattymanx! Most especially I love that one at the end, with the two cars in the darkness, their headlights on, and the garage sign lit - did you render this in Daz, or Poser? It's very good :-) I don't yet have that Stonemason set, but now I see I probably do need it after all lol -Cathy

• WahilWahil Posts: 307
    edited December 1969

It's been a while since that $1.99 PC sale was open for everyone.

I say my credit card had more than enough time to recuperate. :coolgrin:

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,426
    edited December 1969

Stonemason's products are very, very tempting...

Yes, Stonemason's products are always tempting. I had to set myself a strict limit of two for today, and it was not an easy choice.

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
    edited December 1969

Kinich said:
    I don't have Streets of Asia 2 but do have the original, the set (SOA 1) consists of the main preloaded scene, a smaller scene just featuring the central courtyard area and 8 props (Blossom Patch, Blossom Strip, Column C, Column Small, Column Tall, Fence, Lantern & Pot Plant)

Screen shot below.

And above that is a little something I put together using SOA a while back.

Ive always LOVED that render.

-MJ

• zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited August 2012

Stonemason is always tempting, but this time around I had to put my money (or cc at least) where my mouth has been and buy cool ethnic/historical outfits from Mec4D. :)

Post edited by zigraphix on
  • s l fs l f Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

Cathy_Mod said:
    Stonemason Day! I'm hoping someone with one or both of these sets can help me - I'm trying to decide between Streets of Asia I and II, and noticed in the description that Streets of Asia II seems to consist only of preloads for Daz Studio and Poser - does this mean that none of the separate parts such as the potted plants can be moved or added separately? And are both sets like that? I LOVE these sets, but I do sort of like to move things around to make it more unique... Thanks for any help or advice! -Cathy

I have Streets of Asia 2 - it loads as one big preset but you can then move and delete elements to your heart's content. :) I've done two quick renders of the set - the first is the vanilla version while the second has some elements moved and some removed. Lots of fun. :coolsmile:
    streetsasia2a.png
    1200 x 900 - 2M
    streetsasia2.png
    1200 x 900 - 2M
  • KinichKinich Posts: 853
    edited December 1969

Cathy_Mod said:
    Wow really love your picture Kinich! Love all the little gremliny guys you have added, thanks for your reply. :-) -Cathy

'
    You're welcome (sorry about the delay this time, I'm in the UK so bit of a time difference). The 'Gremliny guys' (and a few Gals) are all Predatrons Goblins with various add on packs available here in the store (Predatrons Store - http://www.daz3d.com/shop/predatron ).

Thanks MJ007, I've always like that render even after a couple of years and not to mention the time it took to set up as it was rendered in a single pass, the load time (or load times as I put it together from several small vignettes composited into a single scene before rendering) alone was longer than some of my renders.

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,729
    edited December 1969

My first PA sale purchase this year...great tunic

Rawn

romanbull.jpg
    699 x 882 - 200K
  • Alpha ChannelAlpha Channel Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Despite my wail of anguish I simply couldn't resist Stonemasons Ruins 3 & 4, eventually they're going to be half buried by snow and ice.

ruin_search.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 379K
    edited December 1969

Cathy_Mod said:
    Love your pictures Mattymanx! Most especially I love that one at the end, with the two cars in the darkness, their headlights on, and the garage sign lit - did you render this in Daz, or Poser? It's very good :-) I don't yet have that Stonemason set, but now I see I probably do need it after all lol -Cathy

That was rendered in DS3 x64 back in April 2010. In short there are 22 people and 5 cars. You can get more details about it and the other images over DeviantART - http://mattymanx.deviantart.com/gallery/ - There are also a few more renders with Stonemason sets that I did not post here.

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,578
    edited December 1969

Love, love, love Stonemason's work.
    But can only afford it once a year.
    I am happy it is now.
    Urban Future 4 is finally mine. :)

• tiggerspringstiggersprings Posts: 304
    edited August 2012

Thank you, Daz, for moving the PA sale forward from November (where it's been for several years, at least) to September. It's been a bad year, and with this sudden change, I have no money saved for the sale. So this customer will be spending little or nothing this year. I was hoping to pick up several older products I'd like, but I guess I'll have to wait until another time (and hope they're still available). >:-(

Post edited by tiggersprings on
  • Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

My money is safe today.

Stonemason is one of those vendors I never question whether to buy now or wait till a later sale, unless it's a modern ruin (since I don't do modern or apocalyptic scenes). Consequently, I've already purchased everything I want. Except for Winter Kingdom, which I so much want ... but is DS only.

I fully expect most products released during the sale to be ... as usual ... Genesis only. So, I expect to purchase very little.

I did wishlist some products on release during the year that I thought I'd purchase during the PA sale, but it's hard to commit to a purchase now that I'm so used to not spending money at DAZ.

• DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420
    edited December 1969

Great Renders! In case you missed it, DAY Two is out there now!

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,798
    edited December 1969

I am pleased to report that my master plan to give Stonemason all my money is making steady progress, thanks to yesterday's sale.

• StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,156
    edited December 1969

thanks guys :)

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,200
    edited December 1969

Be warned oh mortal one, these sales are fleeting they will only last one day.* So purchase quickly before the deal has moved into the night of another day! Oh… and check back often we have an entire month of amazing items and deals from the best Published Artists in 3D!!!

*A “DAZ” day can last anywhere from 24-48 hours.

You have to be kidding me.

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

how long does each sale last

• cimairacimaira Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I have a question about the new World Base XT. I noticed that in the included items it mentions 3 options for mist in DSA format. Does this mean that there are no options or mists for Poser?

• H. J. ValdiH. J. Valdi Posts: 98
    edited December 1969

@cimaira - It states that the mist is "3 Mist Material Options (.DSA - DAZ Studio Only)", so I'm guessing that it's not available as an option for Poser.

I also have a question about the Worldbase XT. I'm wondering if it's worth buying as I use Reality + Luxrender for rendering. But I don't know if the ground provided is just one great big piece or separate tiny pieces that can be switched on or off. As it's best to switch off things that are not in your camera view using Lux, the latter possibility is obviously the best for me. Also it doesn't state if the skies are skydomes or not. It looks like they are, and that's a big no-no as far as Lux goes. Anybody got this that could clue me in?

Cheers ;-)

edited December 1969

I too would like to know more about the World Base XT - I can't tell too much from the pictures - is this a system sort of like the multi-plane cyclorama? Is it a background plane and ground plane, with a plane to provide mist? I can't tell what it is exactly, so can't tell if I need it - can someone go into more detail? :-) -Cathy

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,242
    edited December 1969

I get the impression that it's rather like RDNA's TerraDome, but may be way out in left field.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Seems to be an update of the old Worldbase Xtreme Kit, which I haven't used since I was still using Poser. The original came out before D|S had fun things like tiling textures and advanced lighting, so I'm hopeful this version should give even more scene flexibility. I'm probably going to buy it later tonight.

edited December 1969

Punch bowl set is AoA's christmas freebie from a few years back

148_-_Velvet.jpg
    500 x 650 - 327K
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

Can you guess what I bought today even though I'm not supposed to be spending money?

SMALL_IMpra.jpg
    500 x 468 - 83K
  • DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473
    edited December 1969

Can you guess what I bought today even though I'm not supposed to be spending money?

Sweet!

edited December 1969

Love the colour combo!

• DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,549
    edited December 1969

Here is a two-for. Stonemason's Villiage Courtyard with Age of Armour's Atmospheric Effects Cameras.

villagecourtyardpic5.png
    800 x 800 - 895K