Annual PA SALE 2012 Image and discussion thread-- DAY31-- Catch up extended and more

Comments

• Age of ArmourAge of Armour Posts: 437
    edited December 1969

Can you guess what I bought today even though I'm not supposed to be spending money?

Ooohh. Shiny! :)

I, too, like the color scheme you used.

Great looking image Destiny's Garden. I hope the cameras serve you well.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited August 2012

DzFire said:
    Can you guess what I bought today even though I'm not supposed to be spending money?

Sweet!

Thanks much, appreciate it :)

@Age of Armour Thank you too.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,751
    edited December 1969

The All New Worldbase XT Lushlands

Used Carrara 8.1 with a bit of fiddling :)

Koala_Lost.jpg
    800 x 600 - 466K
  • DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420
    edited December 1969

Very NICE! and Day Three is up and selling!

Here is a two-for. Stonemason's Villiage Courtyard with Age of Armour's Atmospheric Effects Cameras.
  • ZaarinZaarin Posts: 356
    edited December 1969

Question about Forest/Forest Superior...are the trees and plants models or flat-planes?

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,441
    edited December 1969

Zaarin said:
    Question about Forest/Forest Superior...are the trees and plants models or flat-planes?

Models, at least the majority of them (haven't looked over it all closely), but I see many pine tree model groups as props.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Can I use Magnus Style on the genesis version of Enamore Mage?
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/magus-style

• ZaarinZaarin Posts: 356
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Zaarin said:

Models, at least the majority of them (haven't looked over it all closely), but I see many pine tree model groups as props.

Sweet, thanks. :)

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

Well I asked before how long does each sale last and did not see a reply to it so I missed Stone Masons sale.

Hoping they have a catch up PA sale at the end.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,031
    edited December 1969

Well I asked before how long does each sale last and did not see a reply to it so I missed Stone Masons sale.

The announcement page pointed to by the link in the first message of this thread indicates that all sales will be one "DAZ Day" long - roughly from the time the sale starts on any given day until midnight the next day.

• Consumer573Consumer573 Posts: 282
    edited September 2012

I'm sorry for not seeing if there is anything earlier. I am trying to buy Magix worldbase extreme terrain and desert addition. The system is not allowing me to add anything to my cart, but once I've added something it says I cannot add two. Then I check and the cart still says it's empty. I've logged in and out several times.

Any thoughts? I did just try to buy these items, along with a chess set for the last half hour or so, and no luck

Thank you.

Post edited by Consumer573 on
  • Consumer573Consumer573 Posts: 282
    edited December 1969

namffuak said:

The announcement page pointed to by the link in the first message of this thread indicates that all sales will be one "DAZ Day" long - roughly from the time the sale starts on any given day until midnight the next day.

That's vague unless you know when it starts.

• DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473
    edited December 1969

I'm sorry for not seeing if there is anything earlier. I am trying to buy Magix worldbase extreme terrain and desert addition. The system is not allowing me to add anything to my cart, but once I've added something it says I cannot add two. Then I check and the cart still says it's empty. I've logged in and out several times.

Any thoughts? I did just try to buy these items, along with a chess set for the last half hour or so, and no luck

Thank you.

With the webbies working on the store, clearing your cache should clear up 90% of the problems. (Cookies too)

• DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420
    edited December 1969

And if you miss any of the deals due to store technical issues, contact Customer Support and they will make sure get the deal.

OH.. and day four is up!

• KinichKinich Posts: 853
    edited December 1969

OK, looks like somebody is getting up early or staying up late to take all my money, I know it's far too early her in the UK especially for a Sunday.

But more seriously not sure if anybody else is having issues with orders but one I just placed seems to have snarled up somewhere. It is listed as complete but the products are 'Pending' in my downloads. It would seem that it has not accepted my card details correctly for the order (or yesterdays automated Platinum club subscription). I have raised a support ticket but not sure if this is just me or whether there is a bigger issue with the store?

Anyway back to the current topic, a little something featuring yesterdays vampire purchase mixed with a little Stonemason goodness in the shape of his castle ruins. The character is Nathy's Strigoi vampire with a bit of Midnight Stories Lycan mixed in.

Strig-A.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 255K
  • Jared99Jared99 Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

Here is Return to the Enchanted Forest by Stonemason.

I really like Stonemason stuffs.:)

0219.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 1M
  • BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,200
    edited December 1969

namffuak said:

I think that's the idea.

I'm guessing it's a strategy to scare us into buying things on sale right as we see them since we don't any longer know when the sale will end.

edited December 1969

Jared99 said:
    Here is Return to the Enchanted Forest by Stonemason.

I really like Stonemason stuffs.:)

Gorgeous render.

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Barubary said:
    namffuak said:

I think that's the idea.

I'm guessing it's a strategy to scare us into buying things on sale right as we see them since we don't any longer know when the sale will end.
    Which would be a horrible strategy -- companies that abuse their customers, however subtly, rarely profit by it. The end-of-sale date issue is one of the few remaining to be resolved before I'd feel comfortable promoting the store with much more than "DS4.5Pro render".

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

i only need to check the sale once a day?
    they won't spring another vendor into the sale in the afternoon?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

So far, as far as I can tell, the sales are ending at midnight DAZ-time on the day after they are released (barring special extensions, as Mec4D offered). Hence the uncertainty - the exact length of the sale depends on what point during the day the items are released. Sales should not last less than 24 hours, in any event.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,296
    edited December 1969

Sirano for M5

serano1.jpg
    1060 x 1437 - 470K
  • linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,303
    edited December 1969

Is it intended that

Cowboy Gumdrops Genesis
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/cowboy-gumdrops-genesis

is allready back to full price.

- Other PA items released (even on Day 1) are still at 50% or went down to 30%.

A price jump from 50% to full price seems rather a harsh punishment for being late to the party one day.

- - -

I do realize that one day sales are supposed to be an encouragement to buy items as soon as they are released.

If I could ask for one thing though it would be a timer on product pages that indicates how long the sale will still be on.

For customers in different timezones this would be really helpful to tell how long the DAZ Day is going to last.

In my first year with DAZ I was happy to log in each day and grab every item. In the long run it turned out more efficient to just log in once a week on sundays an buy the highlights of the week and install them in one session.

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited December 1969

That is true Richard, however I had 1 featured product and the other 3 was outside this even that why thy are still on 50% until 9/4 the store
    went back to regular prices after 24h with all older products .

So far, as far as I can tell, the sales are ending at midnight DAZ-time on the day after they are released (barring special extensions, as Mec4D offered). Hence the uncertainty - the exact length of the sale depends on what point during the day the items are released. Sales should not last less than 24 hours, in any event.
    edited December 1969

Sirano for M5

Very nice and I'd just convinced myself I didn't need this character. What do the webbed feet/legs come from?

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,242
    edited December 1969

Mada's Ranaki or Ranaka provide the frog legs. They're Gen4, but evidently can be fitted to genesis.

• RenderweltenRenderwelten Posts: 37
    edited December 1969

Sirano for M5

Love this image, very cool :)

• Thadeus72Thadeus72 Posts: 408
    edited September 2012

very cool renders

Jared99 et scorpio64dragon

Post edited by Thadeus72 on
  • Age of ArmourAge of Armour Posts: 437
    edited December 1969

Is it intended that

Cowboy Gumdrops Genesis
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/cowboy-gumdrops-genesis

is allready back to full price.

- Other PA items released (even on Day 1) are still at 50% or went down to 30%.

A price jump from 50% to full price seems rather a harsh punishment for being late to the party one day.

No, Cowboy Gumdrops should still be at a discount. I may have just misstated that when I originally submitted. I'll contact DAZ and see if we can't get that fixed right away.

Thanks for pointing it out!

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,296
    edited September 2012

Thanks all.
    anikad JOdel is correct they are the Ranaka legs, I used the transfer utility to autofit them, they convert very well considering the flippers.

Post edited by scorpio on