Update on Issues with Platinum Club Renewals

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I finally got charged today. I wonder if it counts as September or August's fee? I'm just grateful to still be in the PC.

Did you read the announcment at the top of the forum

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6757_3/
  • Chris BarnesChris Barnes Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

Yeah I did, but today is Sept 3rd not August 30. I'll just assume I've just been charged for August.

• DarkRiderDLMCDarkRiderDLMC Posts: 561
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I finally got charged today. I wonder if it counts as September or August's fee? I'm just grateful to still be in the PC.

Many of us count on business' that we frequent to bill us when they say they will, on time and in the correct amount. Daz's announcement aside, any sharpness of tone here should be directed toward Daz for it's failure to do so, rather than the customers wondering about the problem.

Free free to delete this post, I'm a biker so I understand the might makes right concept pretty well. I just have to go with the "right" part of it once in a while. :cheese:
    edited September 2012

chohole said:

Many of us count on business' that we frequent to bill us when they say they will, on time and in the correct amount. Daz's announcement aside, any sharpness of tone here should be directed toward Daz for it's failure to do so, rather than the customers wondering about the problem.

Free free to delete this post, I'm a biker so I understand the might makes right concept pretty well. I just have to go with the "right" part of it once in a while. :cheese:

I thought I should elaborate on this a bit, rather than just being my usual curt, lately-harsh-toward-Daz self.

Reverse what happened with payments and billing this month. Instead of Daz not billing on time, imagine all the members with payments due August 16-30 notifying their banks not to authorize the withdrawal until August 30. Followed by them posting a note on a website they frequent or own stating:

Any payment due DAZ3D August 16-30 will be made on August 30th.
    Sorry for the delay, you did not lose any money, payment was simply delayed.

I will not speculate on the response...

Post edited by DarkRiderDLMC on
  • FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,038
    edited December 1969

Where is the bug tracker that I'm suppose to use? Where on your account are you suppose to see whether you are still a PC member?
    Thanks

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166
    edited December 1969

Bug tracker is here.https://bugs.daz3d.com It requires a separate login so your daz info won't work in it unless you sign up for an account and use the same info which a lot of people do.

• reelyorreelyor Posts: 235
    edited December 1969

My account has suddenly suspended. Somehow, in July, I gained another PC monthly membership, that is still active. My other account, which I have had since 2008, just became suspended, and now I am a suspended member. The July membership, which I never wanted in the first place and for which I was charge, shows me as active. However, I cannot access the Members Forum, nor receive discounts.
    Can SOMEONE PLEASE straighten this out and reinstate me. I should have a regular monthly payment due September 14.
    ???????????

Thanks,
    Roy

edited December 1969

You will have to submit a support ticket. They do not follow the forums.

edited December 1969

Thank you. Where do I file a support ticket, please?

edited December 1969

AT the top of the page. Help

• Alpha ChannelAlpha Channel Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Well I think I've cottoned on to why some of use have been shut out of the PC club (just click this morning :shakes head:) what with payments being taken late the system has automatically shut us out (and so far I, at least, haven't been let back in... feel a bit like a naughty kid).

edited December 1969

AS Frank said, if your sub has been suspended, file a support ticket, please. To sales dept.

edited December 1969

Did so two days ago.

edited December 1969

Unfortunatley the DAZ 3D office has been closed since Friday, as it was a 3 day weekend in most of the US. THey will be back this morning. It is currently 04;30 am in DAZland

edited December 1969

I sent one is as well last night.
    Hopefully, they get to it quicker than the last one I sent, for something else which was still pending until I cancelled it.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

I dread checking what is happening to my PC status and what I will do when it comes to renew via annual payment. So far I seem to be getting PC pricing, access to the PC members only forum but no PC newsletter (except maybe one or two a month or more back). It has been, in the past, quoted as suspended and also as unending - amazingly nothing in-between! I have been subscribed to newsletter and, automatically unsubscribed when I got a store credit and re-subscribed manually by me as I recalled reading someone else post that this had happened to them.

I can only sympathise with those monthly renewal PC members who have had pain and grief each month, and suspect that had I been such a member I would have quietly walked away from the PC after having made sure it was well and truly cancelled.

• booksbydavidbooksbydavid Posts: 429
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    I dread checking what is happening to my PC status and what I will do when it comes to renew via annual payment. So far I seem to be getting PC pricing, access to the PC members only forum but no PC newsletter (except maybe one or two a month or more back). It has been, in the past, quoted as suspended and also as unending - amazingly nothing in-between! I have been subscribed to newsletter and, automatically unsubscribed when I got a store credit and re-subscribed manually by me as I recalled reading someone else post that this had happened to them.

I can only sympathise with those monthly renewal PC members who have had pain and grief each month, and suspect that had I been such a member I would have quietly walked away from the PC after having made sure it was well and truly cancelled.

I'm glad to know it's not just me who's not receiving newsletters from DAZ. I haven't got one since early June. I've tried unsubscribing and resubscribing (I get those notices just fine btw) but no newsletters. All customer service will tell me is 'they are looking into it' this after two other attempts where they told me to 'subscribe' (like I hadn't tried that before).

As far as account weirdness...you bet! I've gone from 'inactive' to 'active' I don't know how I did that seeing as I've been active here for six years. There's also a new link in my subscription that says 'Platinum Club Special Renewal - 1 month'. What does that mean? It really doesn't matter since the link goes to a 404 page not found. Yay!

My PC subscription if up at the end of this month. I sure hope DAZ comes up with some way to make the PC worth the money I spend on it before I decided finally to give it up.

• macmondomacmondo Posts: 10
    edited December 1969

Well Daz fixed my PC membership subscription today. All is now well again in my Daz world.

Also a shout out for Craig in customer service for doing such a great job. Thanks for the help!

:coolsmile:

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060
    edited December 1969

Well, sadly I just checked mine and now it says monthly (not correct, I am on annual), last payment $7.95 (not true again) and the status is totally blank, and there is no longer an expiration date. If I see a monthly renewal charge I will not be happy at all.

Dana

edited December 1969

SimonJM said:

I'm glad to know it's not just me who's not receiving newsletters from DAZ. I haven't got one since early June. I've tried unsubscribing and resubscribing (I get those notices just fine btw) but no newsletters. All customer service will tell me is 'they are looking into it' this after two other attempts where they told me to 'subscribe' (like I hadn't tried that before).

As far as account weirdness...you bet! I've gone from 'inactive' to 'active' I don't know how I did that seeing as I've been active here for six years. There's also a new link in my subscription that says 'Platinum Club Special Renewal - 1 month'. What does that mean? It really doesn't matter since the link goes to a 404 page not found. Yay!

My PC subscription if up at the end of this month. I sure hope DAZ comes up with some way to make the PC worth the money I spend on it before I decided finally to give it up.

The 404 may be a red herring ... DAZ seem to have ongoing horrendous caching issues! A short while back I logged in, wnet to Forums, clicked on View new posts, and got the 404 page (about down for maintenance). Which was bizarre, since I thought it had just come back from that. Tried again, no joy. Then I forced a refresh (Ctrl-F5) and ... I got my list of new posts! Not the most obvious thing to try :)

Also, way back then (back in June) when the Zendesk was not working I did as instructed and raised a case in Mantis about the situation (as well as a few others in the following days and weeks). None of them have yet to have anything done to them.

• ZyloxZylox Posts: 787
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Unfortunately, my problem is the opposite. I had cancelled my membership in early July and also removed my credit card information, then on September 1st DAZ restarted my PC membership without my authorization and I just receeived the $7.95 charge today. I have submitted a report, but this needs to be taken care of ASAP.

edited December 1969

Did you also edit and change your payment info on the subscription panel. If you had originally signed up for auto renewal each month, then it will work like setting up a direct debit. You need to cancel both with DAZ 3D and with the bank.

edited December 1969

And on the bright side, the PC newsletter, with code, has arrived! :)

edited December 1969

As of 4:00 PM EDT, I am still suspended.
    Told it will be corrected today - waiting.........

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,296
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    And on the bright side, the PC newsletter, with code, has arrived! :)

But according to the newsletter its July.
    Theres also another mistake in the newsletter.

I wish they would at least check these things before they send them out.

edited December 1969

Zylox said:
    chohole said:

Unfortunately, my problem is the opposite. I had cancelled my membership in early July and also removed my credit card information, then on September 1st DAZ restarted my PC membership without my authorization and I just receeived the $7.95 charge today. I have submitted a report, but this needs to be taken care of ASAP.

I'd tell your bank not to allow the payments unless reauthorized by you. It may be a pain, but that way you'll not be paying unwanted charges.

edited December 1969

Finally - back to normal

edited December 1969

Ditto, finally

• mmalbertmmalbert Posts: 412
    edited December 1969

And I got billed again today for another $7.95. Still no answer from the ticket I submitted a few days ago.

• MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited December 1969

I have also not received a PC Club newsletter with the monthly coupon code in I don't know how long -- since before the start of summer, I think. My subscription is also up after October 1st, but I had to look in my order history to confirm that: it's not reflected anywhere on my account page that I can find, the way it was with the old site. Last year I shot myself in the foot and missed out on receiving the "Classics Bundle for Genesis" for not renewing during DAZ's promotion period, so this year I'm holding on to the money 'til the last minute, waiting to see what -- if anything -- DAZ is offering this year.