Update on Issues with Platinum Club Renewals

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Thank you ....

[I sure wish this forum would stop logging people off in the middle of a reply]

• Velvet GoblinVelvet Goblin Posts: 532
    edited December 1969

ZenDesk was the victim of a DDOS attack Tuesday night, which resulted in many of their clients, including DAZ 3D, having some support tickets closed without resolution. Check if your support ticket was closed on July 3rd -- if it was and you didn't receive an email, reopen the ticket.

A DDOS attack? What bloody idiots would launch an attack against Daz? I mean, for all its faults, DDOS is ridiculous. it's not as though Daz arrested any key activists...

Oh, wait. I'm going to guess there are some "file sharers" upset about being noticed.

edited December 1969

ZenDesk was the victim of a DDOS attack Tuesday night, which resulted in many of their clients, including DAZ 3D, having some support tickets closed without resolution. Check if your support ticket was closed on July 3rd -- if it was and you didn't receive an email, reopen the ticket.

A DDOS attack? What bloody idiots would launch an attack against Daz? I mean, for all its faults, DDOS is ridiculous. it's not as though Daz arrested any key activists...

Oh, wait. I'm going to guess there are some "file sharers" upset about being noticed.

I suspect it's nothing too personal like that ... apparently there's been major DDOS attacks against a whole lot of websites/servers/whatever ... with a recent flareup over the past couple of weeks. Hits included a major CC, other major 'webstores' ... at least one infamous warezsite ... and a whole bunch of others. A rather concentrated effort to kill the internet.

To note that while some of the instigators were apparently closed down late last year and "hold the 'net together" servers were in place to help keep things going ... these servers are allowed to close come Monday according to a website I was reading the other night. News item whose link went ?
    Anyhow ... they're hoping that the individually affected computers that haven't reported in to be cleaned by now are inactive ones ... they're expecting that some 250,000 thousand computers will go black on Monday. The article did post a link so people could check their computers [no downloads or anything ... just checks to make sure the computer is actually 'calling' to the correct address].

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

It wasn't a DDOS attack against DAZ, but against ZenDesk, which provides the support tracking system for many companies.

edited December 1969

Exactly.

Found a link for the news item.

In the article is reference to the website where one can verify if their computer is somehow affected.

http://www.onlinesecurity-guide.com/

Hope everybody's still here on Tuesday!!!

• Ralph AzoteRalph Azote Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

Second month in a row I have been charged twice for my membership, nothing about my membership or my PayPal account appears in my account dashboard or subscriptions or billing arrangements so I cant turn off auto renew or shut out my PayPal account and a week has gone by without any action being taken other than declaring the problem resolved without even an email to that effect. Apparently the only thing I can do to stop you people is close my PayPal account entirely, thus requiring me to address every other account that accesses it.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited July 2012

With reagrds Zendesk tickets, there is a thread (an announcement in fact) made site wide which said that Zendesk had experienced problems on the 3rd and 4th of July. If you have had a ticket closed with no action being taken, then please submit it again, as it may have been one that was involved with this problem.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3383_97/

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Michael CMichael C Posts: 76
    edited December 1969

I submittted a tick regarding a double subscription over two weeks ago, and updated it several times. I had to reopen it when it was closed with no action. Today I discovered I had a new errant PC monthly charge although neither subscription had an indication that the next payment would be 6 Jul and I received no e-mail notification. I opened a new help desk incident, but I'm not optimistic that DAZ will solve this. If I don't see the corrective action that I requested in the hlep desk incident - removal of the extra subscription and a credit card refund for the charge - in the next few days, I will remove the subscription and disput the charge with my credit card company. I have sufficient documentation to show I attempted to have DAZ fix the problem.

This is getting beyond wearying.

• 3-little-helpers3-little-helpers Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

Hi I am not sure if this is the right place to post but I got an annual pc last october & have not been able to use it for the last 2 months, no rewards , no vouchers nothing. I have sent a support ticket about 2 weeks ago now & heard nothing back yet, can someone please point me in the right direction to get this fixed

edited December 1969

Hi I am not sure if this is the right place to post but I got an annual pc last october & have not been able to use it for the last 2 months, no rewards , no vouchers nothing. I have sent a support ticket about 2 weeks ago now & heard nothing back yet, can someone please point me in the right direction to get this fixed

Are you seeing PC prices in the store? You show as a PC member for the forums -- can you read the Members Only forum?

A number of support tickets were closed with no resolution or email last week during the DDOS attack on ZenDesk, so you may want to check that your ticket doesn't show as closed. If it does, reopen it.

edited December 1969

No I am not seeing pc membership in my account & cannot see pc prices but like you say I show as pc in the forum so I am not sure what has happend as I have seen there is vouchers being sent our now as monthly rewards but have not had one sent to my email, I did however find last months reward code here in the forum & it kept telling my I had an invalid code or I was nto eligible to use the code. I also don't seem to get pc newsletters anymore. So I will read a bit more & check my support ticket as I have missed out on 2 months of my rewards now

edited December 1969

ok the coupon code seems to be working & yay the pc prices are showing again now but it doesn't show me anywhere how much longer my membership lasts for like it used to on the old store is that correct??

edited December 1969

I know they are working on getting the PC subscription to display correctly with the correct renewal dates, but first priority is making sure you get your benefits.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,768
    edited December 1969

ir
    Be sure to send a new ticket, as they gavet hose who initially had problems a store credit to help make amends for the difficulties...
  • DarkRiderDLMCDarkRiderDLMC Posts: 561
    edited December 1969

I know they are working on getting the PC subscription to display correctly with the correct renewal dates, but first priority is making sure you get your benefits.

That made me grin ear-to-ear, thank you :-)
  • DarkRiderDLMCDarkRiderDLMC Posts: 561
    edited December 1969

Second month in a row I have been charged twice for my membership, nothing about my membership or my PayPal account appears in my account dashboard or subscriptions or billing arrangements so I cant turn off auto renew or shut out my PayPal account and a week has gone by without any action being taken other than declaring the problem resolved without even an email to that effect. Apparently the only thing I can do to stop you people is close my PayPal account entirely, thus requiring me to address every other account that accesses it.

I once cancelled my membership to an online ripoff (3D Cafe) and they got the annual from paypal the next year. Turns out paypal had set a recurring payment. Paypal refused to refund. Go through your pp acct looking for a subscription or the like...
  • Granny EGranny E Posts: 6
    edited July 2012

FINALLY!
    I can see the members forum again.
    Now I want to see if I can use my coupon.

EDIT: Yes I was able to... after the check out acting weird by going back to the beginning a few times. AND now everything is pending AND doubled. What's going on here?

Post edited by Granny E on
  • BeaBea Posts: 743
    edited December 1969

That happened with me but I found when I went back into my account after receiving the email saying I had bought something that the items were downloadable. Maybe it just takes a bit of time

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Sometimes you have to go to your Itemized order history and reset ... I know it is a boring task, considering how the IOH looks nowadays.

• Granny EGranny E Posts: 6
    edited December 1969

Bea said:
    That happened with me but I found when I went back into my account after receiving the email saying I had bought something that the items were downloadable. Maybe it just takes a bit of time
    I was able to get it to work after a bit, thanks for the advice.

Sometimes you have to go to your Itemized order history and reset ... I know it is a boring task, considering how the IOH looks nowadays.

Would resetting help get rid of the doubles?
  • ScazyScazy Posts: 8
    edited December 1969

Good Day. I`ve wrote several tickets about PC Club already, but no sence. So, please, help me... The matter is: I do not see any pc prices, I can not use coupon for July, I can not see forum for pc members.But... but I prepaid an access for December & what now?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166
    edited December 1969

Your not showing as a Platinum Club member so your permissions are messed up. How long ago did you submit a support ticket?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

When did you file the support tickets? If you filed them on 3rd or 4rh July you need to check if they are shown as open or closed. HAve you had acknowledment of the tickets having been filed. ? you should have received an automated acknowledgement, with a ticket number, which you can use to follow the proegress of the tickets.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Your not showing as a Platinum Club member so your permissions are messed up. How long ago did you submit a support ticket?

Fist one - Submitted 4 days ago
    Second one - Submitted 2 days ago
    Third one - Submitted 1 day ago

They, all, have status: "Open requests". I received notifications by email about opening them. I attached images about details of Paypal payments, all information about transactions in account also. It was all right several months, but now... there is nothing.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166
    edited December 1969

You should be hearing something from them soon if its been 4 days.

edited July 2012

Frank0314 said:
    You should be hearing something from them soon if its been 4 days.

Hope so. Just another my problems were solved for 12 hours or so. :-) And I hoped for that. At least - you are here. Simple there was one interesting thing several days ago. It was automatic payment for pc club & I wondered: " For what?".

Post edited by Scazy on
  • edited July 2012

@Scazy

I had the same problem. It took DAZ support 5 days to get back to me... Here's what you can do:

Go to "My Account", "My Subscriptions". You'll probably see that your account has been suspended. Click on "Edit". There then should be an option to reactivate your PC status. If you click on that option, an item "Platinum Club Membership" will be added to your shopping cart. Make sure the price that shows is $7,95 and not $29,95 (I had to try several times until it worked; either the more expensive item was added to my cart or the price mysteriously changed to 29,95 during check-out). Once you've bought this item, your PC Membership should be active again (check "My Account", "My Subscriptions").

I hope this helps. While it worked for me eventually and I could get the free Red Bizon item and now all the special PC prices show up when I browse the shop, I still can't use the July PC coupon on DAZ originaly items. :(

Cheers
    contrafibbularities

Post edited by contrafibbularities on
    edited December 1969

contrafibbularities, the problem is that “My Subscriptions” is empty. No “Edit”-button. And it was so from the very beginning (after update)... but was worked. Now... now - problem, which I can not solve by myself.

Thanks for reply & for your wish to help.

• FabeFabe Posts: 207
    edited December 1969

Just Had to manually renew my membership myself. I did get the $7.95 price and my voucher for this month so it wasn't that big of a deal really but still I hope all these problems get sorted out soon.

edited December 1969

Fabe_ca, it was my first thought. But... again error - "PayPal gateway has rejected request. The profile ID is invalid".