SereneNight’s Sci-Fi Fun Thread 3

Comments

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808

Serene Night said:

I picked up ND Milo today, mostly for his very cool skins and other bodypaint options, so that I could render more Elves, Faye, and Aliens. Milo doesn't disappoint. This is one of the skins. I did remove the skin bmp and use Mike 9's. The Milo one had fine scales which I totally missed in the promo. I'm good with alien scales but sort of wanted just the regular-looking skin here.

Oh, cool. I picked up Milo and Liloo both today (she was on sale, but not included in either Fenix Phoenix or Nathy's mad artist sale pages, for some reason). It's nice to see the texture on a different body to see what it can look like, especially since I don't think I plan to do mushroom fairies as such.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,552
    edited March 2023

I think he is useful.The skin preset is nice it does want to recolor the eyelashes and brows so I made sure to unselect those. (I don't like white lashes or brows it always looks like I'm missing a texture).The skin had some red around the eyes. Not noticeable here much but in different lights visible. An easy fix though.

Overall nice bit of texturing.yes

Post edited by Serene Night on
    edited April 2023

I redid his body with the new Massive Morphs, which I quite like. I really struggle with Genesis 9.  He looks much better. I did have to put the shorts on him, but the thong version is in my Deviant account. I hope someone makes Genesis 9, some nice swimwear. Vicky's panties just don't work so well, and I'm sick of the basic stuff. 

michael8wwqes.jpg
    1400 x 1800 - 1M
  • nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,238

I wanted to mention https://www.daz3d.com/joan-9-hd-high-elf-add-on who might add to your Genesis 9 genetics and adds textures and one more set of elf ears.  I mixed those with some other stuff for this render:

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,088

Fantastic!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

quite good

He looks great Nemesis10! I think the antlers are a nice touch.

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,000

Thanks for the support @Serene Night and @VWrangler! I love the shape of your character, Serene! He's gorgeous! As is Nemesis' (I commented on him when I saw him at the galleries).

I gravitate towards more defined muscles in male characters as well (in the case of my collab with Nathy, I did the texturing and front-end stuff --icons, promo, description, etc-- while she did the shapes of the characters), which is currently hard to accomplish (I feel) with Genesis 9. I'm just waiting for someone to make a shape enhancer. That said, I appreciate that the clothing can be used more easily by both genders.

I got both the Massive Morphs (I've yet to use these) and the Muscularity Morphs (which I've used). I do need to sit down and check them side by side to see which one would is closer to my aesthetic. You mentioned you had both, Serene? Any preference? I also recently got the Masculine Athletic Bodies and I like them so far.

Thanks for your kind words. I will have to take a closer look. I think I prefer Massive Morphs, but I will need to do a comparison. I did buy the muscular bodies pack but haven't used it yet.

In my opinion, the torso of Genesis 9 male is a weak area. I haven't seen many characters which look great in that region. I wonder if the poly count is lower there with this version, since the chest and pecs look soft even on Cut characters.  Ghengis has the same issue as well. 

I also struggle with the short legs and the shoulders of Genesis 9. I didn't realize how married I was with the more super hero proportions, until the default changed to more real world proportions. 

edited April 2023

On the subject of Elves, I picked up a couple outfits on sale both Genesis 3 Male sets I did not own. They converted to Genesis 8 pretty well. Evandri (the blonde), has the Elven Prince outfit and Honi (silver hair), is wearing Elven Knight outfit. Both have worthwhile texture expansion and both were  also on sale last I checked. Both are rendered in a vibrant non-realistic style which I like. 

Updated. Someone on Deviant Art Said Evandri needed a belt, so I found this one. It does break up the monotony of the tunic, which doens't dforce well.

NightOnTown.jpg
    1400 x 1800 - 2M
    edited April 2023

More elves.

Together-1.jpg
    1400 x 1800 - 2M
    edited April 2023

Okay, so it was asked earlier which of these male muscle products I happen to like.  Here are the images..

This is Male Base Masculine. Just including him, because this is our starting point.

This is RAW Massive Base Muscle from: Massive Morphs for Genesis 9  I did only 50 percent, because it can easily get swole really quick. I also used RAW definition at 100 percent. This is a pretty tough product to beat, I will tell you that right now. 

This is the SWM Product Muscularity Morphs  There is nice attention to detail here, and I like the way SimonWM did the neck. This is the only product out of the box, that has a nice ripped bod/trap  neck transition.

I tested out a couple of the 'athletic body morphs.' These aren't in the same league as the SWM and Massive products because they aren't muscle prodcuts , but I like the overall shapes, and they can be used in conjunction with definition provided by the RAW or SWM products. This is body number 5 and 1.

BaseMasc-Test1.jpg
    1400 x 1800 - 768K
    BaseMasc-MUSCULARITY.jpg
    1400 x 1800 - 837K
    BaseMasc-TestMassiv50PERCENT+MassiveDefinition.jpg
    1400 x 1800 - 825K
    BaseMasc-TestAthleticbodies Shape5.jpg
    1400 x 1800 - 786K
    BaseMasc-TestAthleticbodies Shape1.jpg
    1400 x 1800 - 782K
    edited April 2023

So, my feeling is that both the SWM products and the Raw Massive products look pretty good to me. I think the definition and cutness is really great in the Raw product, as well as those legs. If you are looking for a massive, defined figure, that is your product.

The shoulder/trap area seems to transition better (no scrawny neck), in the SWM product, and I like the waist tapered like SWM did  plus there are so many individual morphs to fine tune your muscle mass in the SWM package

So for me, both products look pretty good and I think both are awesome. The RAW product will get you bigger, larger, and more cut muscles. The SWM product allows for fine tuning of the individual morphs, and has an appealing neck/trap transition area, and overall shape, but just isn't as big nor as cut as RAW's. 

The atheletic shapes add a few male base shapes that can be used in conjunction wtih the other muscle morphs to make a more ripped figure and look nice also.

edited April 2023

I've been messing around with the legacy uv product. I find it easier to to save the skin and settings as a preset to apply to the character rather than to use the ones that come with a character. I still struggle with getting all the textures to look right. Especially the eyes. But here's an attempt.

HoniHavensong.jpg
    1400 x 1800 - 2M
    edited April 2023

E3D Aroon is a nice-looking Gen 9 male, complete with elements and facial hair. I think so far for me, this is my favorite male character in the genesis 9 line. I love his realistic look. 

Aroon.png
    1400 x 1600 - 1M

Aroon is great.  Emrys is great at creating ethnic characters who are simultaneously ethnicly accurate and specific (Jun-Fan, Gui HD and  Matias are Chinese, Ganaatar is Thai, Tamati is Polynesian, and Kichiro with extra points for appropriate names), and ones who are attractive.  Artists like Kooki99 or Sprow make very specific characters but they tend to be wanting in the looks quotient.

nemesis10 said:

Aroon is great.  Emrys is great at creating ethnic characters who are simultaneously ethnicly accurate and specific (Jun-Fan, Gui HD and  Matias are Chinese, Ganaatar is Thai, Tamati is Polynesian,

Agreed! Aroon is really well put together.

Serene Night said:

nemesis10 said:

Aroon is great.  Emrys is great at creating ethnic characters who are simultaneously ethnicly accurate and specific (Jun-Fan, Gui HD and  Matias are Chinese, Ganaatar is Thai, Tamati is Polynesian,

Agreed! Aroon is really well put together.

Thank you for for adding to the answer in another thread about elf ears.  I was going to send the author here as you are the "queen of elves".

edited April 2023

Hahaha "queen of the elves" maybe I should change my screen name. Heh.

edited April 2023

Google's Ai bot suggests "Nightstar, the Elven Queen of the Serene Night"

This is how Dall-E pictures you

DALL·E 2023-04-06 20.07.21 - Serene Night elvish queen.png
    1024 x 1024 - 2M
    Post edited by nemesis10 on
  • FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,000
    That's a great comparison of the products, Serene, thanks for that. I haven't yet had time to compare them (been so busy trying to finish a WIP product) so this helps out tremendously. And as always, those are some lovely renders of elves!
    edited April 2023

So, I picked up Cillian for G9. He is a nice irish-themed character  with a fair amount of versatility. His shape blends well with other shapes, and he has excellent skin, both a freckled and non-freckled version, and would be great for your Fairy characters, humans or elves.

Here I rendered him as default, with Michael 9, and with one of my elf characters blended in. He does have gens, in case that interests you. They load with the base skin.

His base character loads with an error message suggesting a missing white hair. I'm not sure what that is. The nipples can be altered if you want them to be less... Prominent.

Freckles.png
    1400 x 1600 - 1M
    Freckles3.png
    1400 x 1600 - 1M
    Freckles3e4e.png
    1400 x 1600 - 1M

nemesis10 said:

Google's Ai bot suggests "Nightstar, the Elven Queen of the Serene Night"

This is how Dall-E pictures you

Oh wow! The AI is closer than it even knows! Great job!

edited April 2023

I am a fan ot TwiztedMetal's work. This is a fun female Skin that works just fine on the Male Elves. It is Demona skin. The tattoos are glowing. I wasn't sure how I felt about glowing tats, but it turned out pretty nicely.

demonx.png
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
    edited April 2023

More Purple Elves

DarkElves.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M
    edited April 2023

I'm looking for some bikini swimwear for g9 males. All the ones that I have seem fit more for the ladies and dont have enough fabric to cover the bulge area because there is a small gap down there. What is everyone using? Anything g9 Native that looks decent?

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,683

I converted MI Summer Swimwear Set for G8 and G8.1 to G9. As you noted, other than baggy shorts there is nothing for the guys yet to swim in.

edited April 2023

Hm, after my recent complaint about the lack of male bikinis with actual coverage for male gens Color Galeria released CGI Elementals - Futura Underwear Genesis 8/8.1 Male and G9

I just tested it on my attempt on a sexy half-orc and I can confirm it does fit the male anatomical area without that weird bikini female crotch strip thing that happens with the unisex undies which leaves a gap where there shouldn't be one. 

Orcs.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 898K
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808

CGI Futura does look pretty good.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by the gap. I did use the bottom of X-Fashion Sea Bikini on Lawrence, and I thought it looked fine ... if possibly just barely. The side pieces ride a bit high for where the rest of it is, but it does have enough fabric to reasonably cover the dangling bits. I also shadered it, because I have no idea why both the top and bottom have "LIVES" on them. I was surprised that the waistband wasn't a separate texture area; it's all one surface. The back of the bottom actually has a bit of fabric as well -- it doesn't go full thong. The bikini is part of the X-Fashion Sport Swimsuit and Bikini Set that was the first or second Easter Egg thing, so it's not commercially available right now, I guess.

I also used Clothing Converter to convert the OOT Intimates to G9 -- that's what Angelo is wearing.

edited April 2023

That turned out really nicely! Was the bikini part of the egg-giveaway? I managed to miss one piece of the egg for that one.

I will post grayscale pics about the issues, but most of the bikini bottoms for genesis 9 around the side of the crotch has a gap which might look sexy on women, but might have the daz gallery censors complaining too much can be seen if you get what I mean.