SereneNight’s Sci-Fi Fun Thread 3

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,562

Excellent News Carrie58! I have reinstalled!

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,251

Serene Night said:

Mike 9 does not need the Masculine morphs, his base figure does not come with them. 

his base figure is Genesis 9 which does come with a Masculine morph tho 

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,251

oh or do you mean his character preset

Yeah, the character preset doesn’t need the masculine morphs.
    edited November 2022

Okay, so just trying to dial Boyd up using the morphs I have in Genesis 9. It won't be fully Boyd yet, due to a lack of muscle and several facial morphs, I can't convert yet. But we are close/r

The pecs are super annoying. Michael 9's morph causes the current weird upper chest groove. 

boyd-NEW3jpg.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 979K
    Post edited by Serene Night on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

carrie58 said:

Reinstall Toon Heros for G9 the fix is in !!

That was fast!

As far as dialing in masculine morphs that is a confusion. I installed some of AOBB's femine and masculine head morphs for Genesis 9 and noticed they looked odd. So I asked AOBB and she said I am not supposed to dial in the base feminine or base masculine heads for G9 for her morphs.

I think base morphs are supposed to be for those that only make head morphs or body morphs but not the other. Plenty of head morphs have been offered in the store with no body morph included, likewise body morphs with no head morphs included.  So those base shapes are meant to be used in that way. PAs are supposed to start with the "middle of the road base androgynous model" when they make a product, or at least that's what's been happening with DAZ Originals.

Serene Night said:

Okay, so just trying to dial Boyd up using the morphs I have in Genesis 9. It won't be fully Boyd yet, due to a lack of muscle and several facial morphs, I can't convert yet. But we are close/r

The pecs are super annoying. Michael 9's morph causes the current weird upper chest groove. 

Reminds me of Dudley Doright if you've seen that cartoon.

Hmm, thats very interesting about base masc and fem. Thanks for posting. 

I can't say that is particularly intuitive, but I have learned the hard way, base masc is sort of overcooked when used with any strength as you get super coat-hanger shoulders that way.

nonesuch00 said:

Serene Night said:

Reminds me of Dudley Doright if you've seen that cartoon.

LOL! That is why Boyd wears the goatee. You are not supposed to see the chin dimple. 

edited November 2022

Some more tweaking. Yes, apparently, it is cold in there.

gen9.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 996K
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,952

Looks tastey ,but I'm confused there was all that fussing in the G9 thread about lack of nipples .......

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,822
    edited November 2022

carrie58 said:

Looks tastey ,but I'm confused there was all that fussing in the G9 thread about lack of nipples .......

The geometry is less dense and specific in G9 than in previous generations in that area, so you can't get as much detail. At least, that seemed to be the gist of it.

I will note that in the workspace, the G9 male nipple is this sharp pointy cone. It renders OK, but looks very weird in Studio itself.

Post edited by vwrangler on

There are nipples, and multiple adjustments. Still nothing like the ones that came with Soto's Maxx which but they are decent.

vwrangler said:

carrie58 said:

The geometry is less dense and specific in G9 than in previous generations in that area, so you can't get as much detail. At least, that seemed to be the gist of it.

I will note that in the workspace, the G9 male nipple is this sharp pointy cone. It renders OK, but looks very weird in Studio itself.

Lol, the traffic cone nipples seem to be all there is. Hopefully, one of the Pa's with attention to detail  will make some nipples, or perhaps soto. The options seem to be: Smooth or Madonna pokey-bra nipples.

edited November 2022

This is the dForce dystopian Captain outfit for Genesis 9.

I think this outfit (particularly with the textures) looks great on G9 males. It is dForce, but I didn't find it necessary to use it since the fit was so good. The textures can take it beyond Captain and into daily casual wear which is more my speed.

9-dys-captain.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M

Serene Night said:

vwrangler said:

carrie58 said:

Lol, the traffic cone nipples seem to be all there is. Hopefully, one of the Pa's with attention to detail  will make some nipples, or perhaps soto. The options seem to be: Smooth or Madonna pokey-bra nipples.

Are those Mike 9's morphs? They seem way too near the center of his chest but since Boyd is an android maybe that was done on purpose.

nonesuch00 said:

Serene Night said:

vwrangler said:

carrie58 said:

Are those Mike 9's morphs? They seem way too near the center of his chest but since Boyd is an android maybe that was done on purpose.

The nipples moved as a result of a morph I applied. The pectoral cleavage morph moves them inward slightly. The body morph is M9's. Thanks for noticing. I prefer them out more, so I will remove that morph. Its tough because M9's chest is really flat. And Boyd is pretty muscular. Hopefully better male chest morphs will be out soon.

• Serene Night said:

vwrangler said:

carrie58 said:

The masculine nipples on Michael 9 do not seem more than usaully prone to putting eyes out

M9 nipples.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 546K

Very true, my mistake. M9 has no nipples in morph. Usually, there is an option to click them on. 

The morph I use are the ones that come with the masculine base.

Edit: I see. The Nipple Depth morph makes them super spikey. Good to know. Don't use that one!

edited November 2022

Okay, here, this looks better without the cleavage and the nipple depth morph.

gen9.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M

Serene Night said:

Okay, here, this looks better without the cleavage and the nipple depth morph.

OK. now it's starting to really look like Boyd again.

Serene Night said:

Very true, my mistake. M9 has no nipples in morph. Usually, there is an option to click them on. 

The morph I use are the ones that come with the masculine base.

Edit: I see. The Nipple Depth morph makes them super spikey. Good to know. Don't use that one!

Well, well. HerYun has made sure that the guys will not have to be Mr Wee Torpedos of 1950. Kind of surprised that it's in this store, but at least someone has made it possible for the guys to look properly cold!

(I do wish Daz would spell check the promo images with text before they go into the store, though. I mean ... "Femine"?)

• alkenalken Posts: 253

I've been playing with HerYun's nipples and I quite like them.  My only issue with them is that the male nips don't have any areola morphs.

Okay, I'm buying the nipples now. You sold me on them, and yes,  no Torpedo nipples! Lol. I'm stealing that one.wink

alken said:

I've been playing with HerYun's nipples and I quite like them.  My only issue with them is that the male nips don't have any areola morphs.

As far as the areolae go, the underlying morphs that come with the Starter Essentials Expansion work on the geografts as well.

• alkenalken Posts: 253

Good to know, thanks for the tip.

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,277
    edited November 2022

I rendered an elf (as one does) for no particular reason.  I decided to post it here because I first started following this thread when I saw your elf renders.  Anyway, this is Kaos#d's Braycer with the Raya imperfect skin:

ElfEars.jpeg
    1598 x 1252 - 394K
    Post edited by nemesis10 on

WOW! He turned out well. I like that shade of eyes too. Thanks for sharing, and elves, are always welcome here!

That elf is so good. He looks like he is from an episode of Star Trek or something.

edited November 2022

For those interested, the New Pose converter: https://www.daz3d.com/pose-companion-for-genesis-9  works really well. Just install, use Ctrl-Alt-P and click the pose.

I bought the other pose converter but struggled with the interface. This one is super easy.