SereneNight’s Sci-Fi Fun Thread 3

Comments

• leemoon_c43b45a114leemoon_c43b45a114 Posts: 844
    edited April 2023

I haven't tried much swimwear/underwear on G9 yet.

MI's swimwear mentioned earlier is awesome if one of those styles meets your needs.

I did try out a variety of swimsuits on a morphed G9 over the last hour or so.  One of my older favorites works quite well on G9, though not perfectly.

I tried to autofit it using various autofit templates.  The one that worked the best (so far) was the Tight Dress template.

The swimsuit is part of the EJ Gregori HD Deluxe Pack.  If you already own that, give it a try.  It's nice and tight up front.  It default loads with a modest bulge, but it can be adjusted with a built in parameter dial.  

I've just noticed that it's not available in the store.  Here's the DAZ documentation for the Gregori product in case it's available elsewhere.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/23462/start

Lee

G9-Kari.jpg
    1906 x 1180 - 961K
    Post edited by leemoon_c43b45a114 on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    edited April 2023

Serene Night said:

That turned out really nicely! Was the bikini part of the egg-giveaway? I managed to miss one piece of the egg for that one.

I will post grayscale pics about the issues, but most of the bikini bottoms for genesis 9 around the side of the crotch has a gap which might look sexy on women, but might have the daz gallery censors complaining too much can be seen if you get what I mean.

Yes, the egg giveway for this one was two completely separate swimsuits. One was a sort of sports thing, allegedly, and one was a straight-ahead bikini.

I think I know what you mean by the gap now, yes.

leemoon_c43b45a114 said:

I've just noticed that it's not available in the store.  Here's the DAZ documentation for the Gregori product in case it's available elsewhere.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/23462/start

Lee

Emmaandjordi closed their Daz storefront a while ago. Gregori is available in their Gumroad store.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • Here's a G8/8.1F product that works well on G9.

It's a little "cheeky" in the back, but seems to provide good coverage up front.

Autofit using "none" and had to use the expand dial and some added smoothing to prevent some poke through in the glutes area.

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-phenom-lingerie-for-genesis-8-females

I also turned the opacity off for the 3 bands and buckle on the front for a speedo style look.

Lee

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

leemoon_c43b45a114 said:

Here's a G8/8.1F product that works well on G9.

It's a little "cheeky" in the back, but seems to provide good coverage up front.

Autofit using "none" and had to use the expand dial and some added smoothing to prevent some poke through in the glutes area.

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-phenom-lingerie-for-genesis-8-females

I also turned the opacity off for the 3 bands and buckle on the front for a speedo style look.

Lee

You know, I completely missed that one. That looks useful!  Thanks Lee. I am wishlisting  it for the next sale!

edited April 2023

leemoon_c43b45a114 said:

The swimsuit is part of the EJ Gregori HD Deluxe Pack.  If you already own that, give it a try.  It's nice and tight up front.  It default loads with a modest bulge, but it can be adjusted with a built in parameter dial.  

He looks great. I do have Gregori's speedo. I'm going to have to try it.

Post edited by Serene Night on

vwrangler said:

Yes, the egg giveway for this one was two completely separate swimsuits. One was a sort of sports thing, allegedly, and one was a straight-ahead bikini.

I think I know what you mean by the gap now, yes.

Ack! What a bummer. I missed 2 swimsuits, not just one. LOL. Its just been one of those years.  

I kinda wanted to try this set: https://www.daz3d.com/ajc-delta-force-outfit-for-genesis-9 I like the dog tags. But not sure the rest would fit for the men, and 25 dollars is a bit steep for me. Still it looks cool. 

Serene Night said:

I kinda wanted to try this set: https://www.daz3d.com/ajc-delta-force-outfit-for-genesis-9 I like the dog tags. But not sure the rest would fit for the men, and 25 dollars is a bit steep for me. Still it looks cool. 

From the looks of the individual item promos, I'm pretty sure the bodysuit top, at least, has breast shapes sculpted in. That would help it avoid texture distortion on most female chests, but it'll look weird on flatter ones. I'd also suspect the dog tags are probably designed to sit out a bit, by the same token. If the chain is dForce, then you can maybe get around that, but for a wonder, the word isn't mentioned anywhere on that page. Looks like the outfit may be entirely conforming.

@vwrangler. Okay, thanks for your opinion. I will pass on it unless it goes on deep sale at some point.

edited May 2023

So, picked up the AB Dokkalfar for Genesis 9. The set includes male, female skins, and various skin tones from brown, black, and pale green. There are custom tats, and various markings. Both sex characters are included.

What can I say? I like it. The skins are pretty useful (even if the male skin does have some baked in bodyhair), and the morph is quite good and easily customizable. The facial tats, I didn't much care for, they felt more like metallic overlays than skin tats, but I do like the rest of the set. 

Overall, I think this is a useful set for those who like to render elves.

DarkAlfew.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 999K
    dd.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 766K
    edited May 2023

Another Boyd image.

boyd_armed.jpg
    1400 x 1800 - 1M
    edited May 2023

I picked up the Army Jeep a while ago on sale. I was rather disappointed with the scaling. But I rendered a small image, after resurfacing a few of the textures in iray. 

becareful.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 1M
    edited May 2023

Raw's Albane and his sister were released today for Genesis 9.  I think he looks great! He includes facial hair, brows and eyebrows and the usual gens (included with masculine mat). I particularly think Raw did a nice job on the pale lashes and facial hair. Too many just make them white, but that just looks off to me. These eyelashes look naturally pale without looking like they are missing color or texture.

I did reduce the head 16%. I personally don't go for the 'real world' size and shape of the new Gen 9 line, so I usually adjust the legs, and the head size to suit my tastes which is more stylized.

I definitely recommend this character. He looks awesome.

albane.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 957K

Interesting! I do like this Albane better than Albane III, who didn't seem to fit with the past ones somehow. Not that I would have expected him to be identical, but he was a lot heavier and kind of brutish in a way that the earlier ones weren't.

I like the head shape of this Albane, and his skin mats are useful. I haven't loaded Albana, but  will one day. 

I also like how easy the character is to light. Too often I struggle with Genesis 9 eyes being hooded shadows. Even when I shine light directly in there with a point light. 

I also like the solid muscle that the female Albane has. She's got an interesting shape, even though I don't really render a lot of females, I think Raw did a good job with her too.

edited May 2023

Albane with a little Raw's HD muscles added.

albane3rs.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 975K

Would that be a good texture for Boyd, if you decide to bring him to G9?

vwrangler said:

Boyd is very tan, but it might work for Owen. I think it also looks like the skin could be made tan quite easily. But yes. Great texture. Great eye colors. 

edited May 2023

I have tried to bring Owen and Boyd over to g9 but they look pretty bad. The Morphs transfer using the transfer process but they look kinda alien. I may have to try again.

edited May 2023

Serene Night said:

vwrangler said:

Boyd is very tan, but it might work for Owen. I think it also looks like the skin could be made tan quite easily. But yes. Great texture. Great eye colors. 

Sorry, I meant Owen.

Serene Night said:

I have tried to bring Owen and Boyd over to g9 but they look pretty bad. The Morphs transfer using the transfer process but they look kinda alien. I may have to try again.

I know Sickleyield and Riversoft Art have their Character Converter coming for G8-G9, but no idea when.

Post edited by vwrangler on

The challenge I find is without  HD my Genesis 8 conversions don't look quite right. There are other reasons too I suspect, such as the shape differences and the genderless base. 

This is one of the reasons I hope to see more G9 usable HD and genetics. You really need HD with this new generation.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Serene Night said:

Albane with a little Raw's HD muscles added.

Yes, I was happy to see those today too as their are great in their own right but as transluncency colors for other characters I think they really shine with the right settings.

edited May 2023

So I kind of gave up on importing Owen's morphs, and tried to dial him. I think I'm close. 

The challenge I think is the hands look really strange to me on this generation. They are small. Also the ears are totally different. Larger, and more protuberant.

I'm looking for some HD morphs also that don't add the crows feet, since Owen really isn't old enough yet for those. But I'm close.

Owern.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 847K
    Owerne.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 881K
    Owerner.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M
  • G9 Owen looks fantastic, Serene Night!

None of the G9 products that I own have any adjustments for crow's feet/eye wrinkles/folds/creases/etc.

PedtroFurtadoArts has a new morph set "The Age for Genesis 9" that includes a Youthful head and body morphs.  The Youthful head smooths out the face a bit, but may reshape the face some.  I can't tell if it smooths out the outer corners of the eyes or not.  He also has Elderly and Mature morphs that might work using negative values, though I suspect ithey change the head shape too much.  Youthful tends to preserve the original character more than the others.

On another thought, do any of your normal maps have crow's feet.  Maybe the DAZ default one?  Dialing those down might help if they do.  I'm just guessing here as I'm about to run out for a bit.  Otherwise I'd look to see. :)

From an admirer of your work point of view, I instantly recognized Owen in your render above and didn't know he was G9.  He's very, very well done.

Lee

edited May 2023

I think the hd  has the crows feet. Problem is I do like the rest of what the hd brings to the face. For example without hd, the ears look like mannequin ears, and I like the extra definition to the rest of the features. I think that will change when we get more base males that aren't intended to be 30's-55 older and have less grooved wrinkles.

There are a couple areas I wish could be better with genesis 9.

I think the forehead could use a few bone structure morphs. I looked in my morphs and there aren't really enough there. I think a smooth forehead is more youthful, gender neutral than I would like. I don't need huge brow ridges but I think the male base should have some brow structure there. Most people have some flesh on their brows so it can wrinkle and furrow when we squint but genesis 9 has a bit of a brow Botox thing happening. 

The hands: I just need more morphs for them. I have size morphs but that's about it. Some hd for the hands with some knuckles and definition would be nice. Otherwise they look like gloves.

The pecs: I don't like them. They either look a bit squares off or a bit like genesis 3 chest. I find dialing in nipples and extra morphs to be kinda annoying, and not great looking.

Finally, more poses would be great. Nearly 3/4 of the poses for genesis 9 seem designed for female characters and they just look odd for what I'm trying to do. I can convert some for genesis 8 but using genesis 9 poses should have a few more designed for the men. 

Oh and thanks for your nice words. My intention was to try to upgrade to genesis 9 for both the guys, but so far this is the closest I've come to making Owen. Boyd will likely be harder. yessmiley

So the dog tags of the AJC Delta Force outfit do work pretty well on G9M. You need to show hidden properties and if there are any pec morphs applied reduce them, or the dogtags will be a bit larger. I also had to use mesh grabber and pull the collar of the chain out of the shirt at the neckline. 

There aren't a lot of morphs with it though. It pretty much stay glued there. 

veins2.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 972K
    edited May 2023

So the dogtags of the AJC Delta Force outfit do work pretty well on G9M. You need to show hidden properties and if there are any pec morphs applied reduce them, or the dogtags will be a bit larger. I also had to use mesh grabber and pull the collar of the chain out of the shirt at the neckline on the right side.

There aren't a lot of morphs with it though. It pretty much stay glued there. But I like the shiny metallic futuristic look.

edited May 2023

So I spent some time dialing Boyd in and came up with a great-looking Boyd, but ran into problems when I put both together- they did not match stylistically. So had to start over dialing in some similar morphs so they wouldn't look different from eachother. 

This was the result. I used some of the same morphs so the features wouldn't be larger on one than on the other. Owen's head needs a bit more.

TOGETHERfdd.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 912K
    edited May 2023

This was the original Height I made Boyd 9. He is a pretty large guy, but I don't want Owen to look too short in comparison, plus posing can get awkward.

Boyd-9-original-redorfdsfcc.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M
    edited May 2023

I picked up dForce Oliver beachwear. I can't say the look looks that great on Boyd/Owen. I think the drape is wrong, and its too thin for this type of outfit. It looks like s skirt/kilt. 

swimsuits.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 992K