Comics

Comments

• jorge dorlandojorge dorlando Posts: 1,156
    edited December 1969

Hmmm, then goes on: menu / view / and search for something like "show details", and clicking on it to activate it, once activated go to the image attribute and then Uncheck as in previous post

comicim.jpg
    1599 x 861 - 191K
  • VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

Hey jorge, what version are you using? If not CL3, that would explain why i can't find it.

edited December 1969

Hey jorge, what version are you using? If not CL3, that would explain why i can't find it.

I am using the deluxe version 1.3.9,
    but, can you post a screen that is in your menu / view?

edited December 1969

wait a minute I'm going to download the trial version Version 3.0.8, and see where it is or if so, there is more that feature or, etc ...

edited December 1969

I just download the trial version 3.8 ...
    Interestingly, only just installed and already started to like this version, it is very likely that I will do an upgrade (if it is possible to upgrade 1.3.9, which is very old)
    Actually you're right. Things have changed places
    It is this:
    clic on: Inspector / measures, and unchek the box restrict proportions.

conic.jpg
    1451 x 841 - 249K
    edited December 1969

I found it.j

edited December 1969

I found it.j

Man, in the end I ended up liking this CL3.8
    I just do the upgrade.

• JStryderJStryder Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

For 2D image filters you can't beat Filter Forge. It has several ready made filters that are useful for comics. Good for tileable textures and borders too. If you get the pro edition or standard edition you can build your own filters. There are so many free filters already done though, that building your own seems unnecessary. Many, many filters to play with, all free.

On sale today 75% off.

FiendsF_Closeup_FF_Blueprint.jpg
    1200 x 1950 - 2M
    edited December 1969

More from Filter Forge, all applied to the same DAZ Studio rendering of Fiends Forever

FiendsF_Closeup_FF_Crayon_master.jpg
    1200 x 1950 - 2M
    FiendsF_Closeup_FF_Comic_Book.jpg
    1200 x 1950 - 1M
    FiendsF_Closeup_FF_Comic_Book_Filter.jpg
    1200 x 1950 - 4M
    edited December 1969

I have FF Pro. What filters are those?

edited December 1969

The blue one is "blueprint." In the next post, the top left is "comic book filter." Top right is "comic book." Bottom is "crayon master." Settings are not much different from default settings.

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,532

Just discovered this thread.  Anyone still alive in here?

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

no. we are all dead.

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/vader.jpg

• estheresther Posts: 608

I'm here...

Can i post an image that isn't uploaded ie an image from my desktop.

Love esther

You can copy and paste.

• ebergerlyebergerly Posts: 3,255

I noticed this thread started with a discussion of how to get speech bubbles. I HATE doing speech bubbles. I do it in Photoshop (which I also have always hated) and it's a pain. Add layer for text. Add layer for bubble. Add layer style for the outline and shadow, then set the parameters. Remember what font to use, set the colors. Draw the bubble, and if it's a thought bubble you have to draw all those damn dots by hand...and so on.

They were talking Manga Studio I think. Is that still the way to go? 

Thanks.

edited July 2017

Comic Life 3 is good for bubbles and a lot cheaper than Manga.  That being said, the Pro version is on sale on Amazon and I was thinking of getting it. 

Post edited by tkdrobert on

No the quickest easiest way of doing speech bubbles and panels is at www.plasq.com - you can vary their shape as well as stretch and move the tail etc.

Love esther

So is there no way for me to post a pic if it's not uploaded?

Depends on your your browser,  I have no problem copying from the browser, but I have had problens coping from a pic viewer.

Cool. Installing Comic Life trial now...thanks !!

Great. you will love it!  here is a page from my comic made in poser. I do lots of postwork.  Some of it bad postwork hehe.

Love esther

Screen Shot 2017-07-09 at 9.43.48 pm.png
    747 x 1051 - 1M
  • Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,755

Draw the bubble, and if it's a thought bubble you have to draw all those damn dots by hand...and so on.

You should look into making Style presets. Get your text right and save it as a TOOL PRESET. Keep that window open in the top bar under WINDOW. One ckick and you have every text style used in your comic.

Your text bubbles can also be saved as SHAPE PRESETS. You'll have a finite list of bubbles you use and then season to taste.

Those also have STYLE PRESETS, so one click and you'll get your drop shadows and STROKE. Also, you can save with your fill settings for white bubbles, black bubbles etc....

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    esther said:

Great. you will love it!  here is a page from my comic made in poser. I do lots of postwork.  Some of it bad postwork hehe.

Love esther

Your stuff just looks better every time I see it, thanks for sharing.

-- Walt Sterdan 

Since this thread is alive again.  Here was my last comic pic. I used Visual Style Shaders for the skin and Photoshop for effects.

The Fastest Man Alive

avxp - why don't you try comic life - all the stuff you mentioned and more in just a couple of clicks each time. it is soooo easy.

Thanks wsterdan.  My hero is Kurt lundqvist at renderosity. I love his style.

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/artist/lundqvist

Love esther

WOW Esther you weren't kidding...this Comic Life is a blast !! Sets up everything for you, all the useless grunt work that just wastes your time, and all you do is type in the important stuff and your done. 

And looks like it's only $30. Nice 

Thanks much. 

I knew you would find it useful.

Nice flash!! great job!  I have a friend who will like to see your flash. I'll give him the link.

Love esther

• I think I'm the friend Esther is talking about. I'm creating a superhero style comic book and I have a speedster as well although not near as fast as The Flash but fast enough. I've been trying to figure a way to show that he's moving faster than the others in the scene and I haven't any ideas. I might try something like you did in Photoshop.

I think I'm the friend Esther is talking about. I'm creating a superhero style comic book and I have a speedster as well although not near as fast as The Flash but fast enough. I've been trying to figure a way to show that he's moving faster than the others in the scene and I haven't any ideas. I might try something like you did in Photoshop.

The spead lines are from a free script called comic effect.  It's availavle from Adope, free.  There is a nice tutorial on youtube on how to use it.  On the background I used the wind effect multiple times.  I also used a blur effect I saw in a tutorial.