Comics

Comments

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528
    edited March 2014

And below is the result of the Comic preset in PhotoLab from Serif Draw Plus X6.

Fiend01sc01c.jpg
    692 x 692 - 97K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • jorge dorlandojorge dorlando Posts: 1,156
    edited March 2014

Artini said:
    And below is the result of the Comic preset in PhotoLab from Draw Serif Plus X6.

Edited because I came straight to page 7 of the topic, while at the end of page 6 is the rendering done in daz as mentions.
    Excuse me.
    Post edited by jorge dorlando on
    edited March 2014

Oops,answered

Post edited by jorge dorlando on
  • VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496
    edited March 2014

Fiends Forever from the store here on dazi.
    http://www.daz3d.com/fiends-forever-base

I crashed DS setting up aa render for toonycam. Yipee. Redo.

Post edited by VIArts on
    edited December 1969

AAh ... Now I understand!
    Fiends FOREVER.
    edited December 1969

AAh ... Now I understand!
    Fiends FOREVER.

I hope they make a male version too.

edited December 1969

Well, here's a quick render using ToonyCam Pro

snip1.JPG
    885 x 1251 - 71K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ariah81 said:
    @Paradigm67, @Greycat - thank you!

@jorge dorlando - the sketch effect is pretty! I like it very much.

@Jaderail - nice effect, care to share how it can be achieved in Photoshop?

I thnk it' this one:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/37442/#555690Sorry I lost my Ebot so did not know this was asked. Yes that is the effect. The best part is it is easy to customize for different effects.

edited December 1969

Where do I install fonts from Blambot?

• DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798
    edited December 1969

LightOfHeaven:

Just install them to your PC's Font directory (Example: Windows/Fonts), and they will show up usable via ComicLife's Font Inspector (not the default included fonts drop-down).

I found this out after an unsucessful session trying to hack the included fonts coding to add more fonts I wanted to use.

Now, for anyone interested, you can perform a simple hack to change the default eight different line strokes if you would like more variety, and freedom with stroking panels, lines, and freeform shapes. It would be nice if they would add this as an import option, but for now, you can at least modify to suit your needs if necessary.

*IMPORTANT: Back up your original eight stroke files. You will be modifiying these simple XML .svg files by adding your own in place of, but using the original eight stroke file names (hard-coded into program).

I created 40 new strokes for use in CL3, and put them into categorized folders of sets of eight for easy switching. I used InkScape, and MS Expression Design 4 (both freeware) to create the .svg replacement strokes. I used the original stroke files as basis for new stroke sizing to fall within expected tolerances.

Hope this helps...

edited December 1969

DaremoK3 said:
    LightOfHeaven:

Just install them to your PC's Font directory (Example: Windows/Fonts), and they will show up usable via ComicLife's Font Inspector (not the default included fonts drop-down).

I found this out after an unsucessful session trying to hack the included fonts coding to add more fonts I wanted to use.

Now, for anyone interested, you can perform a simple hack to change the default eight different line strokes if you would like more variety, and freedom with stroking panels, lines, and freeform shapes. It would be nice if they would add this as an import option, but for now, you can at least modify to suit your needs if necessary.

*IMPORTANT: Back up your original eight stroke files. You will be modifiying these simple XML .svg files by adding your own in place of, but using the original eight stroke file names (hard-coded into program).

I created 40 new strokes for use in CL3, and put them into categorized folders of sets of eight for easy switching. I used InkScape, and MS Expression Design 4 (both freeware) to create the .svg replacement strokes. I used the original stroke files as basis for new stroke sizing to fall within expected tolerances.

Hope this helps...

Thanks

And I have no experience in hacking and coding...

• DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798
    edited December 1969

You are welcome.

You don't need "code-hacking" skills for the line strokes. Hacking is sometimes simple like hacking a CR2 file to change an OBJ file, or a texture directory reference.

What I wrote above was the hack. All you need to do is "replace" the original .svg stroke files with "new" .svg stroke files, but rename all the new ones with the names of the originals (only eight available).

You are essentially "tricking" the program to use your new stroke files, but it "sees" them as it's own. Easy peasy...

edited December 1969

Oh, so like overwriting? And you have 5 folders of 8 strokes you made? Do you just keep replacing them?

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,955
    edited December 1969

Been playing around with ToonyCam Pro and have found that Outline ID is really cool gives a lot of definition in some areas, but have found just a case of trial and error to get what you think looks good. :)

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,537
    edited December 1969

I don't know if this has been mentioned in this thread or not (I looked but I'm really bad at scanning for stuff like this)

Enhanced Toon Lines Poser Tut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI8YqI4Y7OU

edited December 1969

ghosty12 said:
    Been playing around with ToonyCam Pro and have found that Outline ID is really cool gives a lot of definition in some areas, but have found just a case of trial and error to get what you think looks good. :)

Iv keep getting an error message when trying to load "OutlineID by Selected Diffuse Map". Anyone know anything about it?

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,955
    edited April 2014

ghosty12 said:

Iv keep getting an error message when trying to load "OutlineID by Selected Diffuse Map". Anyone know anything about it?

Only zigraphix would know why that would be unfortunately.. I myself am still getting to grips with OutlineID and how it works I myself have been using the All OutlineID's by Diffuse Color seemed to work well for me and using that one has made a big difference in how some types of hair come out.. I used that script in these two pics..

As you can see by the pics Outline ID defines the hair even more so, it has been a case of trial and error for me on choosing which script but I seem to have it working great and I am loving it even more now..

Naughty.jpg
    800 x 1200 - 1016K
    Hello_There.jpg
    800 x 1200 - 927K
    Post edited by Ghosty12 on
  • zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

ghosty12 said:

What's the error message?

I do have an update that adds functionality (and documentation) and fixes some bugs. It's through testing and should be out to everyone within the next few days.

edited December 1969

This is all it says.

snip1.JPG
    412 x 99 - 17K
    edited December 1969

Do you have an object and surfaces selected when you run the script?

edited December 1969

Yes. Still get that message.

edited December 1969

Did you get the update, and do you still get the error?

edited December 1969

I did get the update. The weird thing ish, if you select Genesis and some surfaces, I'll get the erroir. But if i just select "head", I don't get it.

I like the update, by the way.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,145
    edited December 1969

Plus Manga Studio 5 bought from Amazon.com was only $27.00 plus shipping. It's not the Pro version but upon comparing both I found that everything I could ever need was in the regular version.

Nice image there Robert! :-)

RKane_1 said:
    Manga Studio... all the way.

It's created specifically for comics and the inking brush is the best I've ever dealt with.

That aside, if you just want speech and thought bubbles, it is the program for you.

Here's an example of a piece I did solely in Manga Studio for a Zatanna pin-up

edited December 1969

I did get the update. The weird thing ish, if you select Genesis and some surfaces, I'll get the erroir. But if i just select "head", I don't get it.

I like the update, by the way.

Ok, I'm going to need more information to troubleshoot this. You'll need to send me the last 10 or so lines of your log file from right after you get the error. PM me if you need help with that part. This will probably affect other products I have in the works, so if you're willing to work with me to help me solve it, you'll get free copies of those to test. :)

edited December 1969

Sent a PM, zig. Not sure if you got it.

edited December 1969

Sorry, got it, just haven't had a chance to look at the problem yet. Been working late at my day job.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Plus Manga Studio 5 bought from Amazon.com was only $27.00 plus shipping. It's not the Pro version but upon comparing both I found that everything I could ever need was in the regular version.

Nice image there Robert! :-)

Thanks! :)

• GreycatGreycat Posts: 332
    edited December 1969

I’ve been doing some experiments in my quest for the perfect comic book solution. The first thing I did is tried to find the right lighting. I wanted a lighting that was colorful but flat. I chose to use all distant lights, and no shadows. The default color is white, but pure white tends to wash things out, and turning down the intensity or de-saturating the color makes the render dull and muddy. So lights need color, you can go either of two directions red (reds, yellows, and orange) or blue (blues, greens, and purple). After looking thru some comic books, I decided to go with red, blue works well for dramatic effect, but for general use red seems to work best. I chose reds that were close to skin shade, so they would enhances the texture used on the figure. Render “A” is the first pass, it seem too dark. Render “B” I added in a couple more light, but it seems get wash out. Render “C” I removed all specularity, and any ambient. Render “D” I removed all skin texture and used just a flesh diffuse color. I like render “D” best, I think it’s closest to what I envisioned. Finally, render “E” I tried D/S cartoon shader.

Lite_compare.jpg
    1762 x 1170 - 277K
  • GreycatGreycat Posts: 332
    edited December 1969

I noticed that all those putting out cartoon type render seem to use an effect called “posterise”. I have five “art” programs, (Photoshop Elements 11, Autodesk Sketch Book Pro, Manga Studio 5EX, Paint Shop Pro 9, and Corel Painter Essentials) I wanted see if all of these program could do the same things. Corel Painter Essentials was out right away – no layers. Autodesk Sketch Book Pro was also out – no filters. The other three could all do pretty much the same things. First I took render “A” and lowered the saturation, and lighten and increased contrast. I then added the posterise filter. Posterise is adjustable in steps from 2 to 255 steps (MS is 2 to 20 steps, but once you get past 18 steps they’re really too small to be seen). I selected 12 steps, which look the best to me. I then added some noise, about 20% just to break up the big flat areas and give a painted look. Finally, I took another copy and a filter (each program has a different name for it) so I ended up with black lines on a white background. This I added in as the top and set the layer filter to darken.

Cartoon4.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 267K
    Cartoon3.jpg
    600 x 600 - 47K
    Cartoon2.jpg
    600 x 600 - 43K
    Cartoon1.jpg
    600 x 600 - 44K