Carrara Challenge #65 - Turning Points - Stills, Comics, and Animations Accepted

Comments

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,695

UnifiedBrain said:

Uploads finally working again.

I redid the Santa hat with Carrara hair per Stezza's request.

Adding the hair wasn't difficult, but getting the lighting right took a lot of fiddling.  And unlike what I have heard recently on this forum, Carrara hair loads very slowly - even with 24 buckets.  Testing the lighting took a couple of hours.  I do love having the hair available to use - but it ain't fast. :)

The previous version:

UB - Ripped Santa could workout in the entries !!!

ed3D said:

And

ed3D - get this beauty in ASAP to the entries !!!

Stezza said:

Diomede said:

I think the elf is inside a cube on a chair.

locked up till next Christmas laugh

Turning Point in a game of cricket 

the turning point in the game came when the teams best player Mr Bobble was bowled behind his legs by a cracking yorker..

modelled the scoreboard, cricket pads, helmet, gloves, bat and ball and morphing stumps.. converted Mr Bobble's soccer pitch to a cricket pitch.... like why wouldn't you smiley

and retextured Mr Bobbles clothes. The background is the Sydney Cricket Ground.

Stezza hit us with six of your best in the entries !!!

Lurkers hurry up and join in !!!

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,983

Bunyip02 said:

ed3D said:

And

~  Yeah , it is Just Not Complets  ' Thanx 

edited February 2023

And  No 2 

Perhaps  Titled:  Dodgey Robots

Screenshot (163).png
    1916 x 1035 - 933K
    ScrnShot 1Fb (1).png
    1920 x 1027 - 468K
    Screenshot (146).png
    1920 x 1011 - 254K
    Screenshot (178).png
    1920 x 1016 - 199K
    Screenshot (179).png
    1920 x 1016 - 228K
    Post edited by ed3D on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,078

@ed3D - Number 2 is a good looking robot.

@Bunyip02 - Thanks for all the encouraging reminders.

ALL - the entry thread is set to close on the 18th, midnight - Daz Utah Time.

If anyone needs more time, let me know.  Can reply to post or send me a forum message.  Otherwise, assume deadlines still on schedule.

Here is a link to Daz Utah Time - which is US mountain time.  https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/mst

• GrimmvaldGrimmvald Posts: 65
    edited February 2023

Appreciate the encouragement.  I'm still working on it.  I'm sure everyone has periods where stuff keeps happening.  But geez ... every time I sat down to work there'd be something else that would come up.  I had considered bagging it but the finish line is in sight if  only I can make.it.  This is one part of it.  I realized that I needed to tell a story so I've ended up in a place I never expected to be.

camera views for final_02 1.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by Grimmvald on
  • UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited February 2023

Grimmvald, glad to see you entering.  Hope you get it finished to your satisfaction!

One small note - when you post an image, keep it 800 px wide or less.  Otherwise, the mods might feel the need to take action.

Lower the 1500 down to 800, and you are good to go.

Image width.JPG
    632 x 640 - 133K
    Post edited by UnifiedBrain on
  • GrimmvaldGrimmvald Posts: 65
    edited February 2023

@UnifiedBrain-  thanks for the tip.If I get sent to the penalty box, I'll redo it at 800.

edit

I went back and changed the previous post - I am basically a "follow the rules" person

Post edited by Grimmvald on

@Grimmvald - looking good.  Let me know if you want a little more time.  Otherwise...

Notice - Yo, forum people, get any remaining entries in.  Entries close about 20 hours from the time of this post.

That is, unless anyone wants more time.  Not just Grimmvald.  Just let me know.

edited February 2023

Diomede said:

If anyone needs more time, let me know.  Can reply to post or send me a forum message.  Otherwise, assume deadlines still on schedule.

Here is a link to Daz Utah Time - which is US mountain time.  https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/mst

Thanx  _   and have  One Entry  _    and    " could be  "   Two  ,   +  Thanx

Post edited by ed3D on

ed3D said:

Bunyip02 said:

ed3D said:

And

~  Yeah , it is Just Not Complets  ' Thanx 

And  is Entered  +  yay  +  Thanx  

• I would like to request a little more time.  Came closer than I thought I would.  All video elements are loaded in premiere.  Still plcklng out background music.  Need to export then figure out where to  host it.  I'm thinking squarespace - need a place for photos anyway. 

really sorry to hold up everyone else up (that means those who could get their work done on time as my teachers used to say these many years ago)

Adding 1 more week.  Deadline = Feb 25th

No problem at all.  We have had an extended deadline for this challenge because so many people had trouble on the front end.  And I've been offering more time all along, so no one should be taken off guard.

Reminder - people are free to update or substitute existing entries, in addition to adding more up to 6.

edited February 2023

Domestication of the horse.

Recall that I made a backdrop using Carrara's terrain modeler and realistic sky.  See here.

Background - https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7985546/#Comment_7985546

I put that in the backdrop channel of the scene tab and then added new elements to make the foreground.  I used my shaders from the backdrop stage for the terrains and grasses in the foreground to try to match.  Grass is Carrara hair.  People are Poser 7 Simon and clothes of steppes people kitbashed from a Genghis Khan outfit from the old Content Paradise website.  Daz charger horse.  Some replicated bison and replicated horses, and the Daz eagle.  I rendered out some multipasses so may tweek this a little.

Steppes Horses 06.png
    1600 x 860 - 1M
    Post edited by Diomede on
    edited February 2023

Recall the original render made with Carrara terrains and realistic sky editor.  I changed the horizon level, etc but this was the basic starting point and inserted the final in the backdrop of a new scene.

aa01 scene setup.jpg
    1887 x 996 - 294K
    aa02.jpg
    1906 x 1007 - 447K
    edited February 2023

Adding One More Week - Deadline Midnight Daz Time February 25th

@Stezza, @UnifiedBrain, @ed3D, @Headwax, @Grimmvald, @Dartanbeck

Repeat reminder with attempt to tag some comment regulars - please help spread the word.

Grimmvald said:

I would like to request a little more time.  Came closer than I thought I would.  All video elements are loaded in premiere.  Still plcklng out background music.  Need to export then figure out where to  host it.  I'm thinking squarespace - need a place for photos anyway. 

really sorry to hold up everyone else up (that means those who could get their work done on time as my teachers used to say these many years ago)

I have tried posting a few videos on youtube and on Odyssey.  Not happy with either.  Will be posting to youtube for this one.  Maybe Wendy or Dartanbeck who do a lot of animation can offer suggestions.

Diomede said:

Adding One More Week - Deadline Midnight Daz Time February 25th

@Stezza, @UnifiedBrain, @ed3D, @Headwax, @Grimmvald, @Dartanbeck

Repeat reminder with attempt to tag some comment regulars - please help spread the word.

~  Alright Then  +  Thanx  ~ 

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,801
    edited February 2023

Diomede said:

please help spread the word.

yes

Spread the word.png
    800 x 600 - 365K
    Post edited by Stezza on
    edited February 2023

That vegeme-whatever!

ed3D said:

Diomede said:

Thanx  _   and have  One Entry  _    and    " could be  "   Two  ,   i guess  +  Thanx

You have an extra week to make it a double entry !!!

Grimmvald said:

I would like to request a little more time.  Came closer than I thought I would.  All video elements are loaded in premiere.  Still plcklng out background music.  Need to export then figure out where to  host it.  I'm thinking squarespace - need a place for photos anyway. 

Woohoo - extra time granted !!!

Diomede said:

Recall that I made a backdrop using Carrara's terrain modeler and realistic sky.  See here.

Background - https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7985546/#Comment_7985546

I put that in the backdrop channel of the scene tab and then added new elements to make the foreground.  I used my shaders from the backdrop stage for the terrains and grasses in the foreground to try to match.  Grass is Carrara hair.  People are Poser 7 Simon and clothes of steppes people kitbashed from a Genghis Khan outfit from the old Content Paradise website.  Daz charger horse.  Some replicated bison and replicated horses, and the Daz eagle.  I rendered out some multipasses so may tweek this a little.

Very nice !!!

Stezza said:

Diomede said:

please help spread the word.

yes

That's awesome Stezza !!!

edited February 2023

Bunyip02 said:

ed3D said:

Diomede said:

Thanx  _   and have  One Entry  _    and    " could be  "   Two  ,    +  Thanx

You have an extra week to make it a double entry !!!

And   +  yay  +  Thanx  

Post edited by ed3D on
  • Bunyip02 said:

Diomede said:

Very nice !!!

+1

Congratulations on making such an excellent terrain and sky.  Grass shading is killer.  Poses are spot on.

Diomede Said:
      Dates
      --- People have until February 18th, 2023 to enter.  May have up to 6 entries, including animations.
      --- WIP Thread Opens - December 8th, 2022
      --- Entry Thread Opens - February 8th, 2023
      --- Entry Thread Closes, Voting Begins - February 18th, 2023 ----February 25th, 2023
      --- Voting Ends - February 25th, 2023

Perhaps  Up-Date this part   _   Thanx 

edited February 2023

ed3D said:

Diomede Said:
      Dates
      --- People have until February 18th, 2023 to enter.  May have up to 6 entries, including animations.
      --- WIP Thread Opens - December 8th, 2022
      --- Entry Thread Opens - February 8th, 2023
      --- Entry Thread Closes, Voting Begins - February 18th, 2023 ----February 25th, 2023
      --- Voting Ends - February 25th, 2023

Perhaps  Up-Date this part   _   Thanx 

Thanks.  I changed it in a couple spots.  Please let me know if I missed any.