Carrara Challenge #65 - Turning Points - Stills, Comics, and Animations Accepted

12345679»

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,081

UnifiedBrain said:

Bunyip02 said:

Diomede said:

Domestication of the horse.

Recall that I made a backdrop using Carrara's terrain modeler and realistic sky.  See here.

Background - https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7985546/#Comment_7985546

I put that in the backdrop channel of the scene tab and then added new elements to make the foreground.  I used my shaders from the backdrop stage for the terrains and grasses in the foreground to try to match.  Grass is Carrara hair.  People are Poser 7 Simon and clothes of steppes people kitbashed from a Genghis Khan outfit from the old Content Paradise website.  Daz charger horse.  Some replicated bison and replicated horses, and the Daz eagle.  I rendered out some multipasses so may tweek this a little.

Very nice !!!

+1

Congratulations on making such an excellent terrain and sky.  Grass shading is killer.  Poses are spot on.

Thanks for the comments.  Much appreciated.

This video was one of my inspirations for the horse entry.  I think I have posted the link before. 

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,802

Diomede said:

Adding One More Week - Deadline Midnight Daz Time February 25th

@Stezza, @UnifiedBrain, @ed3D, @Headwax, @Grimmvald, @Dartanbeck

Repeat reminder with attempt to tag some comment regulars - please help spread the word.

@Diomede

a message from @Headwax yes

'Greetings David, hope you are well! Would you mind letting Diomede know i am unable to log in at the moment as i only have an ipad where i am ..surf trip.. i see he has tagged us on the daz forum   And feel rude not responding! Pita not being able to log in on daz forum. Thanks a lot ! Cheers from north coast '

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,985

Diomede said:

ed3D said:

Diomede Said:
      Dates
      --- People have until February 18th, 2023 to enter.  May have up to 6 entries, including animations.
      --- WIP Thread Opens - December 8th, 2022
      --- Entry Thread Opens - February 8th, 2023
      --- Entry Thread Closes, Voting Begins - February 18th, 2023 ----February 25th, 2023
      --- Voting Ends - February 25th, 2023

Perhaps  Up-Date this part   _   Thanx 

Thanks.  I changed it in a couple spots.  Please let me know if I missed any.

You're more than welcome   _    just meant the Front Page   +   Thanx 

ed3D said:

Diomede said:

ed3D said:

Diomede Said:
      Dates
      --- People have until February 18th, 2023 to enter.  May have up to 6 entries, including animations.
      --- WIP Thread Opens - December 8th, 2022
      --- Entry Thread Opens - February 8th, 2023
      --- Entry Thread Closes, Voting Begins - February 18th, 2023 ----February 25th, 2023
      --- Voting Ends - February 25th, 2023

Perhaps  Up-Date this part   _   Thanx 

Thanks.  I changed it in a couple spots.  Please let me know if I missed any.

You're more than welcome   _    just meant the Front Page   +   Thanx 

Think I got it this time.  yes

Stezza said:

Diomede said:

Adding One More Week - Deadline Midnight Daz Time February 25th

@Stezza, @UnifiedBrain, @ed3D, @Headwax, @Grimmvald, @Dartanbeck

Repeat reminder with attempt to tag some comment regulars - please help spread the word.

@Diomede

a message from @Headwax yes

'Greetings David, hope you are well! Would you mind letting Diomede know i am unable to log in at the moment as i only have an ipad where i am ..surf trip.. i see he has tagged us on the daz forum   And feel rude not responding! Pita not being able to log in on daz forum. Thanks a lot ! Cheers from north coast '

Great. Glad that he got his annual trip in with everything going on.  

edited February 2023

I never posted a WIP for my animation entry.  When the Challenge started, I considered using my Brash Lonergan and Moxie Espinosa figures.  But somewhere along the line I discarded that idea.  Instead, I gave the figures I used for my dragon animation some new scifi costumes and have been doing a variety of tests with non-photo-real render settings.  This is what they look like using Carrara's native Toon! part iii filter.  The hair started as Carrara dynamic hair, then I used Philemo's plugin to convert to mesh (Thank you, Philemo!).  I then applied a toon-override setting to the mesh hair so that the toon edge lines did not overwhelm the hair and turn it black.  I may change either the hero or heroine to make blonde.

toon 2 animation figures for 65 turning point.jpg
    800 x 600 - 28K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,701

Diomede said:

I never posted a WIP for my animation entry.  When the Challenge started, I considered using my Brash Lonergan and Moxie Espinosa figures.  But somewhere along the line I discarded that idea.  Instead, I gave the figures I used for my dragon animation some new scifi costumes and have been doing a variety of tests with non-photo-real render settings.  This is what they look like using Carrara's native Toon! part iii filter.  The hair started as Carrara dynamic hair, then I used Philemo's plugin to convert to mesh (Thank you, Philemo!).  I then applied a toon-override setting to the mesh hair so that the toon edge lines did not overwhelm the hair and turn it black.  I may change either the hero or heroine to make blonde.

Woohoo - Go Brash & Moxie !!!

Thanks, @Bunyip02

edited February 2023

How is everyone with regards to time? 

Anyone have any additional entries in the works?  The current deadline is tomorrow at midnight, Daz time.  (February 25th, midnight Utah MST).  Is that sufficient?  @Grimmvald?  Anyone?  I will proceed as if all on schedule unless hear otherwise.

Twelve Hours Notice as of the Time of This Post

(unless anyone would use more time, but on schedule as of now)

I got an animation entered.  Didn't really finish and discovered at the end that Youtube does not like my aspect ratio.  But I had some fun and got some good experience.  I couldn't figure out the video editing controls before the deadline so the music accompanying the video is about 2 minutes longer than my prepared visuals.  Sorry.

https://youtu.be/QNnTNQTovlE

Diomede said:

I got an animation entered.  Didn't really finish and discovered at the end that Youtube does not like my aspect ratio.  But I had some fun and got some good experience.  I couldn't figure out the video editing controls before the deadline so the music accompanying the video is about 2 minutes longer than my prepared visuals.  Sorry.

https://youtu.be/QNnTNQTovlE

Awesome !!!

And  have  '' Two ''  entered  ~  yay  ~   Thanx

edited February 2023

@3d3D - for some reason I am not seeing your full entries.  The smaller upload attachments appear but not the full entry.  I will hold off the voting until we can sort out if it is just me or a larger issue.  Could you check?  I attach an example.

Can everyone else see all the entries?

ed3D not showing 2.jpg
    1134 x 923 - 56K

Diomede said:

@3d3D - for some reason I am not seeing your full entries.  The smaller upload attachments appear but not the full entry.  I will hold off the voting until we can sort out if it is just me or a larger issue.  Could you check?  I attach an example.

Nope can't see the full entries either - looks like those Dodgy Robots have been abducted by the First UFO !!!

ed3D said:

Top work !!!

Bunyip02 said:

ed3D said:

Top work !!!

Thanx  Kindly  ~    

edited February 2023

Diomede said:

~   and   could  be  Corrected   +   check  to see  +  Thanx  + 

Post edited by ed3D on

ed3D said:

Diomede said:

Great, thanks, @ed3D.

Everyone, the entry thread has been converted to the voting thread.  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/619116/carrara-challenge-65-turning-points-voting-thread#latest

edited February 2023

Diomede said:

ed3D said:

Diomede said:

Great, thanks, @ed3D.

+  alrite then  and  you're more than welcome  + 

Post edited by ed3D on

Bunyip02 said:

Diomede said:

Nope can't see the full entries either - looks like those Dodgy Robots have been abducted by the First UFO !!!

Yeah  ,  it does   _   well ,  dang them    >.> 

Um, hey, yeah, the voting thread is open, and people may vote for up to 4 images.

voting thread.  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/619116/carrara-challenge-65-turning-points-voting-thread#latest

I am holding off announcing in the Bryce forum and similar until we get a couple of Carrarian voters.

Diomede said:

Um, hey, yeah, the voting thread is open, and people may vote for up to 4 images.

voting thread.  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/619116/carrara-challenge-65-turning-points-voting-thread#latest

I am holding off announcing in the Bryce forum and similar until we get a couple of Carrarian voters.

And perhaps call them in  &  perhaps that will get the Voters rolling    ~   Thanx 

edited March 2023

Thanks, @Bunyip02 and @ed3D for adding to the voting thread.  Announcement made in the Bryce forum.

Diomede said:

Thanks, @Bunyip02 and @ed3D for adding to the voting thread.  Announcement made in the Bryce forum.

&    you're more than welcome  + 

ed3D said:

Diomede said:

&    you're more than welcome  + 

+1 !!! yes

Please consider voting in the current challenge.

edited March 2023

As artist of the image with the most votes, Headwax has agreed to coordinate the next challenge.  Woohoo!  It will be a few weeks before he has forum access again. Be patient, and then expect another cool challenge.

Double Woohoo !!!