Carrara Challenge #65 - Turning Points - Stills, Comics, and Animations Accepted

Comments

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,985
    edited January 2023

Bunyip02 said:

ed3D said:

Diomede said:

ed3D said:

And   &  W.I.P.s

Beautiful stream turning point.  yes

~  And Thanx  ,  but the stream ai'nt  really the  Turn Point  +

First Contact or The Day the Earth Stood Still ? (I spot some UFOs)

Yeah  ,  there is  ~   ( if  up-loads would catch on )  -  Thanx

and a few days ago  _   in the Store there's  called   Retro-UFO     +  looks cool  +

Post edited by ed3D on
  • RuudLRuudL Posts: 190
    edited January 2023

Stezza said:

.. what  I do is turn the highlights down from the default 25 to either 0 or 2 or 3 ... depend where I get the slider to.. that helps heaps and I untick GI because I fake it.. devil

You don't have to use the slider to set a value. Just click the value next to the slider and a numerical input field appears. Now you can enter the value you want. This works with all sliders within Carrara.

Post edited by RuudL on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,823

RuudL said:

Stezza said:

.. what  I do is turn the highlights down from the default 25 to either 0 or 2 or 3 ... depend where I get the slider to.. that helps heaps and I untick GI because I fake it.. devil

You don't have to use the slider to set a value. Just click the value next to the slider and a numerical input field appears. Now you can enter the value you want. This works with all sliders within Carrara.

this yes

texture tiling etc I type in crazy high values devil 

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,802

RuudL said:

Stezza said:

absolutely correct yes

I just like to save on keystrokes... I have many saved up but I forget where I put them surprise

It's fun isn't it Wendy punching in crazy amounts just to see what happens devil

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,701

Next scene - animation WIP

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,081
    edited January 2023

Bunyip02 said:

Next scene - animation WIP

Yay.  Looking forward to your animation.  I will be entering an animation as well.  The category goes live with at least 2 entries.  Hopefully, Dart will be able to join in the animation fun.  Fingers crossed that another animator or few will join in who hasn't been able to for a while.  I put an announcement at Carrarators but I don't know if Dudu or anyone saw it.

Post edited by Diomede on

Would be great if Dart was able to enter.

Got to work out how to have a Boomerang flying/spinning through the air !!!

edited January 2023

Boomerang Animation done, link now working

https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/789262503

Post edited by Bunyip02 on

The forum is so frustrating.  sad

Congrats!  Looking forward to enjoying it when the link goes live.

Diomede said:

The forum is so frustrating.  sad

Congrats!  Looking forward to enjoying it when the link goes live.

Thanks !!! First part is a bit shaky but the end worked out how I wanted !

edited January 2023

World War 1 - Not only a turning point for history but many firsts as well.

Tanks introduced to combat.

Mechanisation of Armies

Dawn of Air Power

WIP

Render

CC65 Tank 1 WIP.png
    2271 x 1038 - 765K
    CC65 Tank 1.png
    1600 x 1200 - 2M

WIP2 - Postwork Topaz Adjust, Crisp filter

Final Image

WWI.  The battlefield tank, the airplane, a motorized army; definitely a turning point in so many ways.  You are spot on, once again.  yes

Update Challenge Status

We are at about the point a normal challenge would be beginning.  The entry thread will close about a month from now (Feb 18th).  Plenty of time for people to get started on a brand new project.  Still images are welcome.  A page of comic panels is welcome.  A short animation is welcome.  Each participant can have up to 6 entries.

Diomede said:

WWI.  The battlefield tank, the airplane, a motorized army; definitely a turning point in so many ways.  You are spot on, once again.  yes

Thanks !!!

Model T - cars for the masses

WIP

Render

edited February 2023

And

HOM_1ST-UHF-1FD.png
    1920 x 1440 - 1M
    Screenshot (118).png
    1920 x 1018 - 249K
    Screenshot (124).png
    1913 x 1032 - 406K
    Screenshot (123).png
    1920 x 1035 - 322K
    Post edited by ed3D on

ed3D said:

And

Looking good !!!

Bunyip02 said:

ed3D said:

And

Looking good !!!

and  Thanx  // 

edited January 2023

Bunyip - Model T in the countryside - how fitting!  Well done.

ed3D - look at that turning path where a stream probably used to be.  Great.  OK, I am just being annoying.  Great to see the ancient alien theorists in a turning point render!  Looks great.

aliens.jpg
    395 x 354 - 40K
    edited January 2023

Ben Franklin Confirms Lightning is Electricity

- the harnessing of electricity was a big turning point.  And attracting lightning was a turning point in potential monster movies - Frankenstein!

Here is the raw render.  I used an upside down Carrara plant with no leaves to create the lightning.  I will try to clean it up for entry.

Plants are from Dart's woodlands environment kit.  

Franklin Kite 02.png
    1600 x 1200 - 1M
    edited January 2023

Use Atmosphere Render From MultiPass to Substitute Sky

I swapped out a generic lightning sky from the web for my original sky.  I will be rendering skies and lightning to use in my entry.  Considering Bryce for the sky.

Franklin Kite substitute sky 1.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 221K

Diomede said:

ed3D - look at that turning path where a stream probably used to be.  Great.  OK, I am just being annoying.  Great to see the ancient alien theorists in a turning point render!  Looks great.

Thanks !!!

edited January 2023

Diomede said:

Use Atmosphere Render From MultiPass to Substitute Sky

I swapped out a generic lightning sky from the web for my original sky.  I will be rendering skies and lightning to use in my entry.  Considering Bryce for the sky.

Like the Lightning in this one better !!!

If you want a sagging rope/string for the kite use Jungle Vines, comes with handy pose morphs as well ! https://www.daz3d.com/jungle-vines

Vine 2.png
    2276 x 1035 - 319K
  • UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Great concept and perspective, Diomede.

Fenric's Ivy generator might work well for the lightning.

There are plenty of Carrara options that will generate at least as good of sky.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions, @Bunyip02 and @UnifiedBrain.  The original sky with the upside down tree was a Carrara realistic sky with some volumetric clouds added.  The nice thing about including some Multipasses in the render list is that it will be easy to swap out elements.  Here are some of the multipasses.

Franklin Kite 02_Atmosphere0.png
    1600 x 1200 - 507K
    Franklin Kite 02_Depth.png
    1600 x 1200 - 118K
    Franklin Kite 02_ObjectIndex.png
    1600 x 1200 - 75K
    Franklin Kite 02_VolumePrimitives1.png
    1600 x 1200 - 827K

Diomede said:

_  And  then  ,  There is a stream  ,   And  did'nt  think  about  any kind of    Ancient Aliens    And   ,   Thanx 

edited January 2023

And  some  W.I.P.

Screenshot (123).png
    1920 x 1035 - 322K
    Screenshot (117).png
    1920 x 1014 - 228K
    HOM_1ST-UHF-1FAB.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 874K
    Post edited by ed3D on

ed3D said:

Diomede said:

_  And  then  ,  There is a stream  ,   And  did'nt  think  about  any kind of    Ancient Aliens    And   ,   Thanx 

My bad.  I thought the half dome looked like an alien UFO.  I will just stop.  All was meant to be positive.

Great to see your WIP on how you put your scene together.  yes

edited January 2023

Diomede said:

ed3D said:

Diomede said:

My bad.  I thought the half dome looked like an alien UFO.  I will just stop.  All was meant to be positive.

Great to see your WIP on how you put your scene together.  yes

No  ,  not bad _  it is UFO ,   just  did'nt  think  of  any kind of    Ancient Aliens  deal-y   _   But  perhaps  it is  +   Homo Erectus M4  is the charecter

_Thanx

Post edited by ed3D on