Carrara Challenge #65 - Turning Points - Stills, Comics, and Animations Accepted

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,078

ed3D said:

And Then  ~

a W.I.P. 

Love how the figure is integrated in the environment, and the turning stream, and the uplifting expression and gesture.  Well done.  Maybe just a little more backlighting of the hero to match the shadows cast by the background trees.

Grimmvald said:

Stezza said:

A lot of really good ideas here.  But this one still has me smiling.  Must have hit the nostalgia button of the days when we used to listen to radio and wait for songs like this to play.

And the stalker song has turn in the title.

edited December 2022

Spooky green particles.  Looks just like my home.  surprise

Wendy posted

Post edited by Diomede on

Stezza said:

No Point Lake

LoRez Lorenzos & G1 on a road trip...... is that Dexter!!!

Lorenzo can always be depended upon to turn up.  (Turn up, see what I did there?  blush)

Another great tribute to Carrara.

WendyLuvsCatz said:

50 years old

50 years ago?  Ouch, getting old.  I remember seeing that in the theater.  Irwin Allen could turn the world upside down every two years or so.  Remember turning 360 degrees in Earthquake?

edited December 2022

WIP #1 - Edmund Dantes Retrieves the Treasure in Count of Monte Cristo

Having a lot of trouble with the props for this one.  Very disappointed in some otherwise good Daz Published Artists.  The treasure chests and the treasure bags have only one material zone and one shader.  No differentiation for the contents.  Will probably try to fix in post rather than do more renders.  I have attached the raw render and the scene setup.  I put volumetric clouds in the distance then shined some different colored spotlights backwards to get the dawn effect.  Michael 6 with some Carrara hair grown directly on the mesh.

Backlight Clouds 07.png
    1500 x 2000 - 3M
    wip edmund dantes setup.jpg
    1825 x 1017 - 230K

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924

Diomede said:

Having a lot of trouble with the props for this one.  Very disappointed in some otherwise good Daz Published Artists.  The treasure chests and the treasure bags have only one material zone and one shader.  No differentiation for the contents.  Will probably try to fix in post rather than do more renders.  I have attached the raw render and the scene setup.  I put volumetric clouds in the distance then shined some different colored spotlights backwards to get the dawn effect.  Michael 6 with some Carrara hair grown directly on the mesh.

looks pretty spot on for a whip!! love everything about it - even the title

Diomede said:

Stezza said:

No Point Lake

Lorenzo can always be depended upon to turn up.  (Turn up, see what I did there?  blush)

Another great tribute to Carrara.

beaut stuff Stezza, love the not so hidden messages

Bunyip02 said:

Turning Bicycle No.2

ha ha bit of lateral thinking :) that M3?

ed3D said:

And Then  ~

a W.I.P. 

very Biblical in a way :)

WendyLuvsCatz said:

these particles turn

Ha ha Wendy you caught me unawares and I laughed - first time in hours too !

edited December 2022

The Day Zelda Realised She Was A Real Witch

Cropped.jpg
    2000 x 2454 - 3M
    Post edited by Headwax on
    edited December 2022

with a bit of Nik Glow

fortunetelleGlow.jpg
    2134 x 3000 - 4M

@Headwax - thanks for the positive feedback on my Count of Monte Cristo project.  Appreciated.  Zelda is a beautiful image.  She must be a good witch.  Glinda says only bad witches are ugly.  The sparkle point.  Did you add that in post, or did you use the Carrara sparkle feature.  I was going to add a sparkle highlight to Edmund's gold bar but I couldn't remember where it was.  Then for some reason Carrara started acting up when I went to the effects tab for that particular prop (and only that prop - strange).  

• light flare probably make bulb point at camera, lots to choose from

edited December 2022

WendyLuvsCatz said:

light flare probably make bulb point at camera, lots to choose from

Thank you, Wendy!  Yes, the one I was thinking of is an effect of a bulb light, not of a prop.  I was looking in the wrong place.  Your expertise is much appreciated, as always.  Thanks for contributing to the WIP threads.  heart

ab light effects.jpg
    1247 x 797 - 202K
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,690

Diomede said:

Stezza said:

inspired by Albuquerque

models were modelled in Carrara along with the rubble hole, map and rocks and road sign.

Used Carrara text, a shadow catcher as well as a surface replicator for the stones.

Speech bubbles were done using Toonworks Deluxe

Albuquerque
    click for bigga image

Haha!  Great one.

+1 !!! yes

ed3D said:

And Then  ~

a W.I.P. 

Nice Shorts !!!

Stezza said:

No Point Lake

Awesome !!!

Diomede said:

Groovy effect with the lighting !!!

Headwax said:

Bunyip02 said:

Turning Bicycle No.2

ha ha bit of lateral thinking :) that M3?

Thanks !!! Good eyes you have - yep it's Mike 3 !

Headwax said:

with a bit of Nik Glow

Love the reflection !!!

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,983
    edited December 2022

Diomede said:

ed3D said:

And Then  ~

a W.I.P. 

Love how the figure is integrated in the environment, and the turning stream, and the uplifting expression and gesture.  Well done.  Maybe just a little more backlighting of the hero to match the shadows cast by the background trees.

Well ,  Thanks  but  still  have'nt  decided about the BackGround  _  It's one of the Country Lane  -

Post edited by ed3D on

Headwax said:

ed3D said:

And Then  ~

a W.I.P. 

very Biblical in a way :)

Thanx  ,  the charcter is the  Homo Erectus M4

Bunyip02 said:

ed3D said:

And Then  ~

a W.I.P. 

Nice Shorts !!!

Yeah ,  Thanx  _  added those as at leased temperaoy Because  Homo Erectus M4  is Undressed  _  although they do'nt look that bad  (: 

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,223

Diomede said:

Dartanbeck said:

Turn from one thing into another:

Such great info!  With Genesis 9, they have returned to the single-base genderless approach.  It is great for monsters and other humanoids, but for a basic 'leading man' and 'leading lady' I prefer the Genesis 2 models.  Just subjective personal preference.

...and when I jump up to Genesis 2, I prefer to go one more and use Genesis 3! Genesis 8 is even better, but not as easy on my machinery as 3. 

Yeah, back when I made that Carrara 8.5 Pro was only available in beta. I fell in love with Genesis 1 right away even though Rosie and Dart remained generation 4 until only two years ago! I still love using Generations 3 through 8 and look forward to 9. I still use Generation 1 and 2, but very, very seldom and there has to be a good reason for it. Predatron's LR figures, on the other hand will Always be in my arsenal. So handy and easy to use - not to mention really freaking cool! Wanna get me that new Horse bundle!!!   Santa?!!!!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,223

Awesome stuff in here! Laughing me tush off!!!

Dartanbeck said:

Awesome stuff in here! Laughing me tush off!!!

plus one, my tush not your's though

edited December 2022

thenka Bunyip02 et Ted

Diomede

yes you guessed its 'stars' and variocross combined.

I also rendered with glow and caustics as well

the other lights have gels on them too :)

Untitled-1.jpg
    1556 x 1373 - 1012K