NEW! Novica & Invited Guest Contributors Tips & Product Reviews Pt 6

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited April 2015

Added another one to the previous post, and will continue here.
    Some of the poses are not doing anything resembling the thumbnail, and are still quite good. Number 7 though is hilariously the OPPOSITE of what is shown.

One of the poses with the mouth wide open did not work on Monique characters, or at least not this one. The teeth/gums distort and come through.

KendraSweetheartBelle16.jpg
    656 x 800 - 167K
    KendraSweetheartBelle27.jpg
    656 x 800 - 168K
    KendraSweetheartBelle19.jpg
    656 x 800 - 168K
    KendraSweetheartBelle13.jpg
    656 x 800 - 168K
    KendraSweetheartBelle07.jpg
    656 x 800 - 151K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,553
    edited December 1969

Nicely done. Like those expressions on Monique 6. I admit I regularly use v6 poses on other figures. Nice to know this pack works pretty well on mature figures as well as teens, and I love the lighting and skin

edited April 2015

I'm surprised that I really like the second one in the post above, which I posted a minute ago. It's so un-posed, like we really caught her in the middle of a "Do you hear yourself?" moment to someone else.
    (Edit: it's #13)

Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 1969

Very natural looking I agree.

edited December 1969

Fast Grab has changed! Supersuit fans take note! I have all the products in Fast Grab and there's some neat stuff!

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

how do you get to fastgrab? I've not been able to figure it out since the site redesign.. >.<</p>

edited December 1969

Fisty said:
    how do you get to fastgrab? I've not been able to figure it out since the site redesign.. >.<</div>

Go to the scrolling banner and in the middle of the banner is a > and keep clicking until you get to the end of the banner. The one right before it will be Freebies.

edited April 2015

Sorry, to be more clear- go to SHOP, that page has the banner, then the middle of the banner all the way to the right edge. In the middle of the farthest right side of the box.
    EDIT: I went and looked. You'll easily see the white circle with the > inside. Click that and go to the last box.

Post edited by Novica on
    edited April 2015

Okay, here's Elize again, who is a Belle figure, with the expressions that are FOR Belle.
    The order of the first set was pose 1,2,3,6,4 so they are in the same order here. (We'll see after I post it, if the forums behave. EDIT- they did.) Open two windows to compare side by side and see how the Monique ones did with the Belle poses compared to a Belle character using them.

EDIT- be sure you go back to the previous page for the FIRST SET of poses to compare these to, not the ones on this page.

EliseSweetheartExpressn04.jpg
    656 x 800 - 176K
    EliseSweetheartExpressn06.jpg
    656 x 800 - 178K
    EliseSweetheartExpressn03.jpg
    656 x 800 - 176K
    EliseSweetheartExpressn02.jpg
    656 x 800 - 179K
    EliseSweetheartExpressn01.jpg
    656 x 800 - 177K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited April 2015

OMGoodness, I actually like the last two (04 and 06) better on the Monique character.
    BTW, to open another window so you can compare the post on the previous page with the ones from Belle above, simply right click and then select Duplicate and then in one of the windows you can go back. It's quite easy to scroll down in each post and see the expressions. I'll start on the second batch in a little while. This is kinda fun!

Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    Sorry, to be more clear- go to SHOP, that page has the banner, then the middle of the banner all the way to the right edge. In the middle of the farthest right side of the box.
    EDIT: I went and looked. You'll easily see the white circle with the > inside. Click that and go to the last box.

Oh.. I know how to get to the freebies, fastgrab is/was deeply discounted products.. dunno if they still do that.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Fisty said:
    Novica said:

Oh.. I know how to get to the freebies, fastgrab is/was deeply discounted products.. dunno if they still do that.

FG is 70% off - and still there: http://www.daz3d.com/fast-grab-3d-models/
    in the scrolling banner to the right of Freebies (the picture shows a horse in a fantastic armor)
    If you click on the circle-arrow thingie too fast it jumps to the first one before you really see FG ...

edited December 1969

Novica said:
    Fisty said:
    how do you get to fastgrab? I've not been able to figure it out since the site redesign.. >.<</div>

Go to the scrolling banner and in the middle of the banner is a > and keep clicking until you get to the end of the banner. The one right before it will be Freebies.

Yeah, what I said was "the one right before it will be Freebies" so you'd know that when you saw Freebies, you were on the right track and the next one would be Fast Grab.

As most of us told DAZ, we hate that scrolling banner thing. Guess you might want to join the club :)

edited December 1969

Okay, here is the set that will match this post:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/52145/P390/#799733

The pose order is 7, 13, 19, 27, 16

EliseSweetheartExpressn16.jpg
    656 x 800 - 175K
    EliseSweetheartExpressn27.jpg
    656 x 800 - 176K
    EliseSweetheartExpressn19.jpg
    656 x 800 - 177K
    EliseSweetheartExpressn13.jpg
    656 x 800 - 175K
    EliseSweetheartExpressn07.jpg
    656 x 800 - 176K
    edited December 1969

thanks =) (yeah, there isn't a whole lot about the new site that I like other than the dark color option)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Fisty said:
    thanks =) (yeah, there isn't a whole lot about the new site that I like other than the dark color option)

welllll ... I like the "Hide items I own"

edited December 1969

Me too, except I keep forgetting that things are hidden and when people are talking about this-and-that being offered, it confuses me. Or I'll wonder why Fast Grab hasn't changed and it has things added, but since I own them the page appears to be the same. And sometimes, the Hide Items I Own gets unchecked for some reason, and I'll put things in the cart that I already have. That happened about two months ago and I never figured out what triggered it.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Sometimes that happens when the site logs you out. Even if you log back in, you have to refresh the page for "Hide" to kick back in. :)

edited April 2015

FW Julianna (Fred Winkler Art)
    Casual Friday For Genesis (Daz Originals / Sarsa)
    Pyrit Hair (DAZ Originals / SWAM)

http://www.daz3d.com/fw-julianna
    http://www.daz3d.com/casual-friday-for-genesis
    http://www.daz3d.com/pyrit-hair

Let's go Genesis!

There's a top, jacket, pants- and that one material that you see in the promo. I like that it's family friendly. The jacket material is really pretty. Now, look closely at all the adjustments morphs listed on the product page. What? You didn't see any? The outfit went on without a hitch but I couldn't find any morphs under Actor, or when I went to Chest, Hip, Thigh, etc in Scene after breaking it down, because I changed her chest and wanted to adjust the clothes. (See next paragraph) There may indeed be morphs but I didn't find them, and there aren't any listed.

I do not like the crotch area of the pants, seems like a guy is wearing these and not Julianna- and she's a thin gal so I think it will be even more pronounced on more hefty women. From the promo images, you can tell it's skin tight in the hiney too. So I am frankly not a fan of these pants but I think if a different material is used, or a darker one, the crotch might be okay. As you know I also hate the "painted on" look pants and one thing I can say is these aren't that type, there are ups and downs in the layout and not flat on the leg.

I increased Julianne's bust but had to reduce the pointy aspect- it was extremely noticeable in this outfit. Perhaps it won't be in others.

I really like the asymmetry of her eyebrows, they're not perfect. Keep Pyrit Hair in mind because there is an easy one click option to move the bangs out of the way, and you can easily see those brows.

Now for skin tones. Here's some of the colors I like to use on pale or lighter characters: (This might help some newbies getting started too) My lights were mauves and bluish-grays to darken her a bit. (Edit: Yes, these are the EXACT setup used on this character. Do click and click again to see how pretty these colors really are on lighter characters. When the forum shrinks large renders, it darkens them a bit. This character has very pretty materials to begin with, I like her.)

Rim Distant Light: mauve: 188 / 173 / 142 at 115% Keeps it from being too glaring, more subtle. Look at her knuckles on the hand. Love the color!

Fill Distant Light: blue: 174 / 193 / 193 at 23%

Main Distant LIght: gray mauve: 140 / 124 / 109 at 30%

My Shadow Bias is always .20% and the softness is 20%-60%.

Her eye colors and eyes are really pretty too, and there's a very nice selection of lips that are quite natural looking. She does default to a zombie like stare, so I closed her eyes and dialed in my own expression. BTW, what a pain. I had to go to Scene, get the Head selected, then in Parameters Pose Control>Head>Expressions. Whew.

Try this on a Genesis character for the look above: (like she's talking)
    Excitement 0.69
    then go to Eyes: Eyelids down 0.32

From two years ago, I remember the problems with the bangs of the Pyrit Hair. I remember Scott L, Jaderail, and I believe also Szark spent a good portion of an afternoon/evening on that sucker, a geometry shell, and doing all kinds of tests to get it to lay straight and also behave around the ears and the eyelashes. Daz pulled it (remember the Pyrit withdrawal we all went through?) and we have this later version.

My very first render has my character using Pyrit Hair.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/19756/ I spent four or five MONTHS on that render. I had zero experience and getting the bands of light on that drab dragonfly was so much fun, but it took a week for me to get that right.) The bangs are definitely an improvement with the one click movement, and they didn't plaster to the eyelashes like they did previously.

Anyone else who has renders of this character, clothes, or hair, feel free to post them.

The first render is 2000 pixels, CLICK TO ENLARGE, CLICK AGAIN. The second is also large at 1000 pixels.

juliannaPyritHrCasualFriday2.jpg
    625 x 1000 - 362K
    juliannaPyritHrCasualFriday.jpg
    1250 x 2000 - 1M
    Post edited by Novica on
  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,401
    edited December 1969

If there aren't any adjustment morphs listed, then there aren't any adjustment morphs included. Not one. However, I have found a trick to give various outfits much needed morphs by fitting the particular article of clothing to another similar one with the morph I want to "steal". I then activate the morph, and (usually) it transfers to the new garment, just like the base figure's morphs do. Then once I've added" the morphs I want, I refit the piece back to my base figure, and set the morphs to a minimum of .01% just to keep it after saving and reloading the character wearing it. Mind you. some morphs transfer better than others, and some clothes won't accept certain morphs (a mesh that is "permanently closed" will just end up stretching if you try to apply an Open morph to it from another piece of clothing, for example).

edited December 1969

Cool trick! :)

edited April 2015

Casual Friday using only The Fabricator and changing the pants to a darker color.

I love playing with The Fabricator and Totally Bazaar

http://www.daz3d.com/the-fabricator
    http://www.daz3d.com/totally-bazaar-1
    http://www.daz3d.com/totally-bazaar-2
    OR
    http://www.daz3d.com/totally-bazaar-bundle

Click to enlarge.
    EDIT: That second top is "burlap!"

casualfridayFab3.jpg
    680 x 1600 - 256K
    casualfridayFab2.jpg
    680 x 1600 - 348K
    casualfridayFab1.jpg
    680 x 1600 - 375K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited April 2015

I like those renders Novica. Pyritt hair is nice and looks good on both genders. I know I have some renders with that hair, but they are probably old and er... Not that great. It is an early work. I'd probably

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,092
    edited December 1969

Invited Guest Contributor

Among the things I picked up in the last couple of weeks (after a very short stay on my wishlist) were: Mongolian Beauty HD Faces and Morphs, Mongolian Beauty Cothes and Mongolian Beauty Clothes Expansion, all by 3D-GHDesign. I think Luci has shown some of the face morphs here already, but I'm not sure anyone has shown the clothing.

So here is Mei Lin with several Mongolian Beauty morphs added. The pose is from BWC Gypsy Poses (Sedor) - the outfit was easy to pose with the morphs provided.
    The hair is Cinnia Hair (SWAM). The headdress has quite a few morphs to fit round hair, though I still needed to make a couple of hair zones transparent to avoid poke-through. I also put smoothing on the hair as the neck area came out a little jagged (not sure why because that didn't happen when I used it on Monique).
    The lighting is the character light set from FWF Mayuree (FWArt/Fisty/DO).

MeiLin-Mongolia-1.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 372K
    edited December 1969

Nicely done MelanieL! I confess I didn't buy that set, but she certainly has realistic features. I Also like that hair. =-)

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I wonder why I never bought the Pyrit hair. Think I'll go shopping today. Thanks for pointing out its versatility.

edited December 1969

Very nicely done Melanie- thanks for showing the figure and clothes. I mentioned during MM that someone had featured her previously (couldn't remember who- thought it was you or Luci) and yep, that influenced me to get her- and now it's your fault I have to wishlist the clothes.

I also noticed the boots in the thumbnail promos- they are really neat!
    And of course, the lighting :)

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    I wonder why I never bought the Pyrit hair. Think I'll go shopping today. Thanks for pointing out its versatility.

I'm glad SereneNight mentioned it can go on both genders- I keep forgetting that!

AtticAnne- you probably were shopping during the time period it got taken off the market for awhile. I don't remember if people said it dropped off their wishlist- does anyone know if a product is removed, even temporarily, if it goes poof off the wishlist?

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,092
    edited December 1969

Thanks, SereneNight and Novica. I liked the little boots too, though they don't really show in that render.
    And thanks for reminding me about Pyrit Hair - actually I've just spent my evening playing with putting Female hair on Male characters and vice-versa! (Mostly stuff I've grabbed in the 80% Throwback Sale)

edited April 2015

Invited Guest Contributer

Pyrit Hair V4 http://www.daz3d.com/pyrit-hair SWAM (DAZ Originals)

M5 Elite Texture Dave http://www.daz3d.com/michael-5-elite-skin-texture-dave

Here's a quick male version of the Pyrit hair for V4 autofit to genesis.

DAVID.jpg
    1000 x 1143 - 723K
    Post edited by Serene Night on
This discussion has been closed.