UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

Comments

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528

UltraScenery Britain 1 preset with Fisio simulated truck with props.

• Artini said:

That's pretty cool - so you dropped what look like statue pieces into the back of this truck? 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050

AlmightyQUEST said:

I will preface this by saying I probably caused this by moving some assets in the "environments" folder trying to put things into my own library structure.

That said, I didn't move the ultrascenery folder or any items under that folder recently, and just today started having what is in the attached screenshot happen. It looks as though the base land area loads up really small and then a bunch of instances of the base are created in a stack above it. Any ideas what might be causing this that I can troubleshoot? I have installed UltraScenery XT recently, but I used this one other time since then and it worked fine, and this was in the past two weeks. I do not have Octane renderer installed.

It has happened with several different options from terrains and ecosystems. Sometimes it is taking a very long time to load, sometimes it's a normal amount of time. I can't really get a better screenshot than this because it freezes up my system and I have to force close DS.

@AlmightyQUEST check the first post (from HowieFarkes) in this thread. It has basic troubleshooting tips. Here are some of the main things that might break UltraScenery:

1. You have Octane Render installed.
    2. You installed some of the UltraScenery products with Daz Connect (intentionally or accidently). It doesn't matter if you already installed or reinstalled with DIM. The DIM installation will be completely IGNORED by Daz Studio if there is a Daz Connect installation of the same product.
    3. You moved folders or files that UltraScenery requires to be where DIM puts them. I don't think it is enough to leave the UltraScenery folder where it is. I think other files like the "Botanica" files, Mossy Hollow, TangoAlpha's Country Ford, etc. need to remain where UltraScenery thinks they should be.

Can you create a simple UltraScenery landscape with _No Features and Grassland 1?

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,009

Artini said:

Artini ... this is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY cool... I wish I was smart enough to figure out Fisio ...it's all very confusing for me :(  Thanks for sharing!

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528

Thanks a lot for the comments, @Llola Lane

Fisio needs some practice, but the results are so cool, to keep me experimenting.

Artini said:

Thanks a lot for the comments, @Llola Lane

Fisio needs some practice, but the results are so cool, to keep me experimenting.

My pleasure... Maybe after the new year I'll have time to figure it out... lol.... Things are hectic for me right now... Holidazzzzzz and all!

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,365

beach. how do you make a beach?

daveso said:

With some sand???  I have the Tropics expansion... Maybe that would work?

• barbult said:

AlmightyQUEST said:

I will preface this by saying I probably caused this by moving some assets in the "environments" folder trying to put things into my own library structure.

That said, I didn't move the ultrascenery folder or any items under that folder recently, and just today started having what is in the attached screenshot happen. It looks as though the base land area loads up really small and then a bunch of instances of the base are created in a stack above it. Any ideas what might be causing this that I can troubleshoot? I have installed UltraScenery XT recently, but I used this one other time since then and it worked fine, and this was in the past two weeks. I do not have Octane renderer installed.

It has happened with several different options from terrains and ecosystems. Sometimes it is taking a very long time to load, sometimes it's a normal amount of time. I can't really get a better screenshot than this because it freezes up my system and I have to force close DS.

@AlmightyQUEST check the first post (from HowieFarkes) in this thread. It has basic troubleshooting tips. Here are some of the main things that might break UltraScenery:

1. You have Octane Render installed.
    2. You installed some of the UltraScenery products with Daz Connect (intentionally or accidently). It doesn't matter if you already installed or reinstalled with DIM. The DIM installation will be completely IGNORED by Daz Studio if there is a Daz Connect installation of the same product.
    3. You moved folders or files that UltraScenery requires to be where DIM puts them. I don't think it is enough to leave the UltraScenery folder where it is. I think other files like the "Botanica" files, Mossy Hollow, TangoAlpha's Country Ford, etc. need to remain where UltraScenery thinks they should be.

Can you create a simple UltraScenery landscape with _No Features and Grassland 1?

Never used Octane render or Daz Connect, and I was getting similar results with any of the features I chose including the first one. I reinstalled (without uninstalling anything) and it's working now, so fingers crossed it doesn't happen again because I can see all the folders are where I had them.

Llola Lane said:

daveso said:

Do you mean this? UltraSceneryXT - Tropics | Daz 3D
    I have it but not seeing any beaches anywhere.  maybe its a function of altitude or something like that. 

daveso said:

Llola Lane said:

daveso said:

I have it but not seeing any beaches anywhere.  maybe its a function of altitude or something like that. 

Yes.. that is it.  There are beaches... just need to move the camera around.  Also... Try lowering the water... that helps too.  I'll try and post a beach for ya.  Not sure of what all you are looking for though.  

edited December 2022

Llola Lane said:

daveso said:

Llola Lane said:

daveso said:

Yes.. that is it.  There are beaches... just need to move the camera around.  Also... Try lowering the water... that helps too.  I'll try and post a beach for ya.  Not sure of what all you are looking for though.  

ah.. just noticed... that's an XT... regular US you may need to change the land to sand texture.  duhh... sorry.  I've attached a quick XT render.

ULTRASCENERY XT beaches 18minute render.png
    1024 x 1024 - 2M
    Post edited by Llola Lane on

Llola Lane said:

Llola Lane said:

daveso said:

Llola Lane said:

daveso said:

ah.. just noticed... that's an XT... regular US you may need to change the land to sand texture.  duhh... sorry.  I've attached a quick XT render.

thanks. I'll try to integrate XT into the scene. I have one cooking with XT but more backround sand with trees growing out of it. Want my palm tree beach :) 

daveso said:

Llola Lane said:

Llola Lane said:

daveso said:

Llola Lane said:

daveso said:

thanks. I'll try to integrate XT into the scene. I have one cooking with XT but more backround sand with trees growing out of it. Want my palm tree beach :) 

Awesome.. can't wait to see it... I'll see if I can play a bit too... Now you have me wanting a Palm Tree Beach!!!  lol

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    edited December 2022

Beach: UltraScenery -Landscape Features Volume 1 by TangoAlpha
    The palm trees are in UltraScenery - Ecologies Volume 2 but they are kind of cartoony. More realistic palm trees are in the later released Tropical Botanica Bundle.

Post edited by barbult on

barbult said:

The palm trees are in UltraScenery - Ecologies Volume 2 but they are kind of cartoony. More realistic palm trees are in the later released Tropical Botanica Bundle.

interesting. I purchased the enitre bundle. Now where are they? According to DIM they are installed.  

OK .. not really a beacj scene, but there  are matybe dunes in the background. Barbult showed me that I have beach, so I'll take a look at that. 

tropic bik3.jpg
    1600 x 1600 - 2M

barbult said:

I have all those Barb... The hardest part for me with US is putting things together.  Nothing says BEACH ... Gotta pick a feature... Coast 2???  .... Then Ecology... Dry Desert??? Tropics??? but which one has sand??? ... decisions decisions... Looks like someone needs to make a READY MADE package for Beaches... oh and for me Snow Scenes. 

edited December 2022

ok.. did a little play... to get a beach in US... it's not called beach... it's not called tropics... it's called DRY DESERT... lol

I guess I'm gonna have to make little samples of each ecology to learn what it is.  People word things differently around the world.

Also... I have no idea by the names what is what in US XT... Nothing is named the correct way :(

Here are a few samples in UltraScenery all using Coast 2...

ULTRASCENERY drydesert2.png
    512 x 512 - 353K
    ULTRASCENERY drydesert3.png
    512 x 512 - 293K
    ULTRASCENERY tropics3.png
    512 x 512 - 355K
    ULTRASCENERY tropics4.png
    512 x 512 - 482K
    Post edited by Llola Lane on
  • joannajoanna Posts: 1,006

Llola Lane said:

barbult said:

I have all those Barb... The hardest part for me with US is putting things together.  Nothing says BEACH ... Gotta pick a feature... Coast 2???  .... Then Ecology... Dry Desert??? Tropics??? but which one has sand??? ... decisions decisions... Looks like someone needs to make a READY MADE package for Beaches... oh and for me Snow Scenes. 

This is where Alienator and/or UltraScatter come into play. You can do basic desert with the coast feature for sand and water, and then just spread some trees or dry bushes... Whatever strikes your fancy. :)

Llola Lane said:

ok.. did a little play... to get a beach in US... it's not called beach... it's not called tropics... it's called DRY DESERT... lol

I guess I'm gonna have to make little samples of each ecology to learn what it is.  People word things differently around the world.

Also... I have no idea by the names what is what in US XT... Nothing is named the correct way :(

yeah, we need beach :) Nothing really suits it full from existing assets, even though we have a ton. Even tropics doesn;t have palm trees like you see  on a lot of tropical beaches. the bent ones, those growing at angles, etc. Also need sea shells for the litter. Some washed up seaweed, etc. A couple floating , wave washed coconuts.  

joanna said:

Llola Lane said:

barbult said:

This is where Alienator and/or UltraScatter come into play. You can do basic desert with the coast feature for sand and water, and then just spread some trees or dry bushes... Whatever strikes your fancy. :)

I have both but like a lot of stuff I've purchased for DS it never seems to work right. Also, with the beach, how do you get a beach? I always have a dropoff, not a gradual slope into the water. Like a 50 foot beach with beach sand, not desert sand.  

daveso said:

I have both but like a lot of stuff I've purchased for DS it never seems to work right. Also, with the beach, how do you get a beach? I always have a dropoff, not a gradual slope into the water. Like a 50 foot beach with beach sand, not desert sand.  

I'm just a beginner when it comes to US, but I think the power of US is not out-of-the-box stuff but how you decide to use it with what else you have. I like the instant scenery feature, but at the same time, I love that I can tinker with it to make it exactly what I want it to be. As for the beach... I don't know what the difference is between beach sand and desert sand. Color? Texture? They can likely be adjusted with some tinkering. For the gradual slope, I'd likely figet with heigh maps, and possibly use another prop, like Muelsfell Vast Ocean Modular Set, to set up the shore the way I want it. You even have a beach in that set, though it's more stone-y than sandy.

This is the out of the box render of desert feature with a lake (I don't have the coast set) with ocean water shader applied and random hdri. The second test is with a sand shader (sand & pebble set) applied. The third is with the same shader, but with normal and diffuse colors altered. And that was just a quick render (I didn't wait for it to finish either, so I apologize for the fireflies and grain). I didn't bother going in to remove some/all grass, adding seafoam for the edge of the water and making all other adjustments. I hope they inspire you to play around. :)

quickbeachtest.jpg
    2000 x 2588 - 2M
    quickbeachtest2.jpg
    2000 x 2588 - 2M
    quickbeachtest3.jpg
    2000 x 2588 - 3M

joanna said:

Llola Lane said:

barbult said:

I don't have Alienator (yet... on the wishlist) and I've been playing with UltraScatter... Yep... It will take a little fiddling.  I may have to wait til after Christmas and the New Year... Time is hectic right now for me.  :)  Thanks oodles.

daveso said:

Llola Lane said:

yeah, we need beach :) Nothing really suits it full from existing assets, even though we have a ton. Even tropics doesn;t have palm trees like you see  on a lot of tropical beaches. the bent ones, those growing at angles, etc. Also need sea shells for the litter. Some washed up seaweed, etc. A couple floating , wave washed coconuts.  

I get'cha... agreed... Gonna take some hunting the runtime... UltraScatter is pretty good... Not seen seaweed anything... I'm sure I have sea shells and probably I can make a coconut out of a sphere... lol.  I'll be curious to see what you come up with :) 

daveso said:

joanna said:

Llola Lane said:

barbult said:

If you can play with maps... that could work.  and Masks work great too.  hummm....

joanna said:

daveso said:

I'm just a beginner when it comes to US, but I think the power of US is not out-of-the-box stuff but how you decide to use it with what else you have. I like the instant scenery feature, but at the same time, I love that I can tinker with it to make it exactly what I want it to be. As for the beach... I don't know what the difference is between beach sand and desert sand. Color? Texture? They can likely be adjusted with some tinkering. For the gradual slope, I'd likely figet with heigh maps, and possibly use another prop, like Muelsfell Vast Ocean Modular Set, to set up the shore the way I want it. You even have a beach in that set, though it's more stone-y than sandy.

This is the out of the box render of desert feature with a lake (I don't have the coast set) with ocean water shader applied and random hdri. The second test is with a sand shader (sand & pebble set) applied. The third is with the same shader, but with normal and diffuse colors altered. And that was just a quick render (I didn't wait for it to finish either, so I apologize for the fireflies and grain). I didn't bother going in to remove some/all grass, adding seafoam for the edge of the water and making all other adjustments. I hope they inspire you to play around. :)

Thanks for the samples joanna... VERY inspiring :)  

Llola Lane said:

Thanks for the samples joanna... VERY inspiring :)  

You're welcome! 

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,955
    edited December 2022

Daz Install Manager just dropped an update for Ultrascenery that has now broken it. In Studio during the build phase it gets to about 90% done then just sits there doing nothing, even uninstalling and redownloading the plugin does nothing either. sad

Screenshot 2022-12-05 040322.jpg
    884 x 664 - 41K
    Post edited by Ghosty12 on
This discussion has been closed.