UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

Comments

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 703
    edited November 2022

Artini said:

AnEye4Art said:

I installed https://www.daz3d.com/ultratrees--arboretum-volume-2 via DIM and it shows up seperate but not under ultratree as an option.

I have installed also via DIM and birch trees have appeared under ultratree options.

Below is a quick render with the birch tree and Britain 1 preset.

Cool thanks. I'll try reinstalling.

Post edited by AnEye4Art on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,874
    edited November 2022

One more render of the previous scene with Michael 9 added.

BirchTree01pic04.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on
  • My Final Fling with playing with the desert stuff before i go off to deal with a wicked queen, seven dwarfs and a whole bunch of giant forest animals......  I wanted to give Michael 9 HD a go, had fun creating the character using the new morphs, much easier to get something convicing quickly. On the ultrascenery side, i made complete terraine material incluidng dry river beds etc, and also more adventures with stone textures. Quite content with the results. Dust effects and sky replaced in photoshop using canvases. 

• Martinjfrost said:

My Final Fling with playing with the desert stuff before i go off to deal with a wicked queen, seven dwarfs and a whole bunch of giant forest animals......  I wanted to give Michael 9 HD a go, had fun creating the character using the new morphs, much easier to get something convicing quickly. On the ultrascenery side, i made complete terraine material incluidng dry river beds etc, and also more adventures with stone textures. Quite content with the results. Dust effects and sky replaced in photoshop using canvases. 

Great! I can't wait to get this desert set. And that's a much more convincing G9 guy than I've generally seen so far in my limited tinkering with G9. I have that new body morph kit in my cart and this helps encourage me to get it.

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,074

Martinjfrost said:

My Final Fling with playing with the desert stuff before i go off to deal with a wicked queen, seven dwarfs and a whole bunch of giant forest animals......  I wanted to give Michael 9 HD a go, had fun creating the character using the new morphs, much easier to get something convicing quickly. On the ultrascenery side, i made complete terraine material incluidng dry river beds etc, and also more adventures with stone textures. Quite content with the results. Dust effects and sky replaced in photoshop using canvases.

I really need to learn canvases (sighs)... Have a very Merry Christmas... I've heard the wicked queen can sometimes be a pussy cat (purrrrrrrrrrrr)... lol.  Hope you can visit this thread now and then over the holidays.  Be well!

• A little play with the new Bamboo Houses 1 und UltraScenery Tropics

USC-WW1-Tropics3-BambooHouse-01-sm.jpg
    1920 x 1440 - 524K

bombenleger58 said:

A little play with the new Bamboo Houses 1 und UltraScenery Tropics

Oh darn bombenleger58 ... I'm working on the same thing!  lol.  Great minds I guess... ;)  Well done.

• @Llola Lane  thats WIP

• paulawp (marahzen) said:

Great! I can't wait to get this desert set. And that's a much more convincing G9 guy than I've generally seen so far in my limited tinkering with G9. I have that new body morph kit in my cart and this helps encourage me to get it.

The Morph sets are a game changer, lots of asymetry in the head morphs which is what makes the difference between a doll like image or a real life person.  

bombenleger58 said:

@Llola Lane  thats WIP

Looks great to me ;)  (thumbzzzzzzzz up)  

Where'd you get that canoe???

• That's the Jolly Boat by Jack Tomalin

bombenleger58 said:

That's the Jolly Boat by Jack Tomalin

oo Grrrrrrrrrrrrrreat... I have that one :)  I was searching under canoe... I guess it's more of a boat than a canoe... LOL

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203
    edited November 2022

The desert looks fantastic. I'm thrilled that new UltraScenery ecologies are still being developed. I was inspired by Martinjfrost's dry river bed. I created a Feature to create a dry river bed that I can use with any ecology. The results look better on some ecologies than others. I'm going to continue to experiment with this. Hey - I should put this over in my Experiments thread when I get a chance. Here are some examples.

Oaks 11

Pines 3

Australian Bush 1

Australian Bush 6

USC Oaks 11 Dry River Bed.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 3M
    USC Pines 3 BV Dry River Bed 1.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    USC Australian Bush 1 BV Dry River Bed 1.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    USC Australian Bush 6 BV Dry River Bed 1.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,164

Those look great, @barbult - the first two look very much like some of the places near where I live, with rough paths through trees.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,325

@barbult,

Stunning!  I will be very interested to read your notes on your experiments thread.

Cheers,

Alex.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,098
    edited November 2022

Yes, yes, yes.

Can now stage the 'Henley-on-Todd' Regatta (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henley-on-Todd_Regatta) held every year at Alice Springs (except the year when the Todd River had water in it and the race couldn't be run. Aussies, honestly, only place in the world to have a regatta cancelled due to the presence of water.). Then with a modification to various canoes to take out their bottoms and using the Australian Botannica and the dry river bed, will be able to do a proper race.

Regards,

Richard

Post edited by richardandtracy on

richardandtracy said:

Yes, yes, yes.

Can now stage the 'Henley-on-Todd' Regatta (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henley-on-Todd_Regatta) held every year at Alice Springs (except the year when the Todd River had water in it and the race couldn't be run. Aussies, honestly, only place in the world to have a regatta cancelled due to the presence of water.). Then with a modification to various canoes to take out their bottoms and using the Australian Botannica and the dry river bed, will be able to do a proper race.

Regards,

Richard

That sounds like a fun project... Can't wait to see it!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203

richardandtracy said:

Yes, yes, yes.

Regards,

Richard

I had never heard of that. It looks hilarious!

• I think it is. 1500 miles from the sea, couldn't think of anything more delightfully ridiculous. When we visited Alice, we decided to hang around and see the place the locals visited for a meal. It was a take-away fish and chip (fries to our US cousins) shop. I, as someone who doesn't even like fish, found it delicious - it was that good. Fish and chips, in the middle of a dry continent, once again the Aussie sense of humour strikes home.
  • Just a heads up - I have a set of road markings and potholes/ ground damage which work using the daz studio decal, and were initially designed to work on ultrascenery roads to give a bit of break up to textures when they get repetative , also to enable road markings,and other feature to be added. They work well on any road or path surface either in ultrascenry ( parented to the terrain and positioned where you want them) or in any other scene where you have a ground or road surface that needs breakup. 

I will be releasing more sets of this type in the future, but for now give them a go, hopefully they will be useful. 

Find Them Here

This image was knocked up to see if they would work well on a plane ground in Ultrascenery (continueing the desert themes), using a very disreputable looking Michael 9 - not sure what hes been up too and not sure i want to know!! -  obviously the painted markings would not look right but the damage and potholes really add interest to the ground surface here. 

edited November 2022

My further experiments with piles of objects and Britain presets for USC.

Stump01pile01sc01pic06VibrantScenery.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited November 2022

... maybe a winter version...

Stump01pile01sc01pic06LowContrast.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on
  • Martinjfrost said:

Just a heads up - I have a set of road markings and potholes/ ground damage which work using the daz studio decal, and were initially designed to work on ultrascenery roads to give a bit of break up to textures when they get repetative , also to enable road markings,and other feature to be added. They work well on any road or path surface either in ultrascenry ( parented to the terrain and positioned where you want them) or in any other scene where you have a ground or road surface that needs breakup. 

I will be releasing more sets of this type in the future, but for now give them a go, hopefully they will be useful. 

Find Them Here

This image was knocked up to see if they would work well on a plane ground in Ultrascenery (continueing the desert themes), using a very disreputable looking Michael 9 - not sure what hes been up too and not sure i want to know!! -  obviously the painted markings would not look right but the damage and potholes really add interest to the ground surface here. 

Fun! I already have these in my cart. 

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,083
    edited November 2022

A different setting and a different guy, but the same pothole, I think.

roadside.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 911K
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • lorraineopualorraineopua Posts: 601
    edited November 2022

first render with British ultrascenery

Bloody Sheep.jpg
    800 x 554 - 531K
    Post edited by lorraineopua on
  • paulawp (marahzen) said:

I speak only for myself when I say that I am not impressed with any of the new ultra scenery releases or the addons such as the street markings and decals. These releases are cool and worth the money but a guy can only do so many "ultrascenes" before it gets old. I still dabble with ultrascenery but I have not tried to render any serious ultra scenes in a while since learning that 16bit images are compressed when used on USXT terrains as heightmaps. Perhaps an UltraCity or UltraVillage addon in the future? Just saying.

edited November 2022

I have this low resolution rock generator for Unity and it creates UV mapped rocks and exports them as .OBJ

Just checked and they contain 1296, 1354 and 1162 faces.

Do you think one can blend such rocks with UltraScenery in some good way?

Below is an example render of them from Daz Studio and Britain 7 preset.

Rock15sc01pic04.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited November 2022

Just another test of birch UltraTree. I have created it with autumn leafs, so it is easier to spot it.

Britain presets contain also birch trees and I think, they will blend well with birches UltraTrees,

if one choose the same season leafs.

UltraTreeBirch08sc01pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited November 2022

My first test of Fisio simulated rocks and UltraScenery.

Need to optimize parameters, but it looks promising.

Brit7Fisio03pic08.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on
  • HavosHavos Posts: 5,309

AnEye4Art said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

I speak only for myself when I say that I am not impressed with any of the new ultra scenery releases or the addons such as the street markings and decals. These releases are cool and worth the money but a guy can only do so many "ultrascenes" before it gets old. I still dabble with ultrascenery but I have not tried to render any serious ultra scenes in a while since learning that 16bit images are compressed when used on USXT terrains as heightmaps. Perhaps an UltraCity or UltraVillage addon in the future? Just saying.

I am pretty sure that Howie has explained that the 16 bit heightmaps are due to a limitation within DAZ Studio, rather than a design decision for Ultrascenery. I believe this problem is related to the rather ancient version of the QT framework used inside DS, and the 16 bit problem will not longer be a problem once that is updated which will happen in DS 5 (which should support 32 bit maps). Of course, it could be some time before DS 5 is finally released.

This discussion has been closed.