UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

Comments

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,045
    edited November 2022

Just messing about dForce on the trees over the rock to see if it looks convincing as a log jam, added more fallen trees and some hanging flotsam vegetation off them.

2022-11-25 20:37:33.603 Total Rendering Time: 57 minutes 43.75 seconds

Log Jam

Click on image for full size.

log-jam-copyright-003.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by Fishtales on
  • Havos said:

AnEye4Art said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

A different setting and a different guy, but the same pothole, I think.

I speak only for myself when I say that I am not impressed with any of the new ultra scenery releases or the addons such as the street markings and decals. These releases are cool and worth the money but a guy can only do so many "ultrascenes" before it gets old. I still dabble with ultrascenery but I have not tried to render any serious ultra scenes in a while since learning that 16bit images are compressed when used on USXT terrains as heightmaps. Perhaps an UltraCity or UltraVillage addon in the future? Just saying.

I am pretty sure that Howie has explained that the 16 bit heightmaps are due to a limitation within DAZ Studio, rather than a design decision for Ultrascenery. I believe this problem is related to the rather ancient version of the QT framework used inside DS, and the 16 bit problem will not longer be a problem once that is updated which will happen in DS 5 (which should support 32 bit maps). Of course, it could be some time before DS 5 is finally released.

Correct. I remember when Howie explained the 16bit limitation. For now, I am currently looking at other ways to get a high-quality terrain without the banding or using .obj.

• Artini said:

My first test of Fisio simulated rocks and UltraScenery.

Need to optimize parameters, but it looks promising.

I like the possiblities. Keep experimenting. 

• Fishtales said:

Just messing about dForce on the trees over the rock to see if it looks convincing as a log jam, added more fallen trees and some hanging flotsam vegetation off them.

2022-11-25 20:37:33.603 Total Rendering Time: 57 minutes 43.75 seconds

Log Jam

Click on image for full size.

Was this fisio simulated or just normal dForce? Regardless, it looks more interesting than the usual ultrascenery render. 

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,045

@AnEye4Art

Straight dForce although I raised the Gravitation slightly.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,894

Thanks,@AnEye4Art. I will keep experimenting with Fisio and UltraScenery.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,772

I am not sure if anyone is still looking to purchase Materia MeshMaker Plug-In for Daz Studio, but I picked it up today at 78% off. I picked a lot of things off at that rate I have been hoping for actually, after buying a gift card. I just wanted to highlight this one item though.

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,075

memcneil70 said:

I am not sure if anyone is still looking to purchase Materia MeshMaker Plug-In for Daz Studio, but I picked it up today at 78% off. I picked a lot of things off at that rate I have been hoping for actually, after buying a gift card. I just wanted to highlight this one item though.

Thanks for the heads up memcneil70... I did that same at 2am my time when the Daz store turned over... (winks)... Got a few more UltraScenery items... Including the Road Works... Harpwood Trail... Materials and Skies for XT... I may get a few more later today... I'm installing them now.  Gotta luv Cyber Mondays ;)

• Llola Lane said:

memcneil70 said:

Thanks for the heads up memcneil70... I did that same at 2am my time when the Daz store turned over... (winks)... Got a few more UltraScenery items... Including the Road Works... Harpwood Trail... Materials and Skies for XT... I may get a few more later today... I'm installing them now.  Gotta luv Cyber Mondays ;)

Definitely been a great weekend for stocking up on existing stuff that was wishlisted or waiting for the right sale ...  

Yeah, that 25% off Gift Card was sweet.

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,094
    edited November 2022

Some old and new here. I already had every little piece of USC that there is, so the USC is just a backdrop for product testing. I will be testing new stuff I bought this weekend for days, I think.

LazyDays.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1014K
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,214

paulawp (marahzen) said:

...  I will be testing new stuff I bought this weekend for days, I think.

We'll all be busy for a long time! Nice image, too.

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Llola Lane said:

memcneil70 said:

Definitely been a great weekend for stocking up on existing stuff that was wishlisted or waiting for the right sale ...  

I still left a few US items on my wishlist... I may just break down and buy them!  lol.  We shall see.  

barbult said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

True true Barb... well.. What else we got to do???  Who needs to eat... do laundry... go to work... etc.. etc???  lol.

• barbult said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Thank you! And I could not resist. Every wishlisted thing that came up this weekend went in the cart - including a bunch of things today that I'm still mulling over. LOL!

There is some update to UltraScenery in DIM - hope it will work well.

edited November 2022

Quick test with Britain 1 preset after update from DIM - still works on my computer - great.

Brit1sc07pic03.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited November 2022

ah...Artini... I don't have that one.... yet ;)

oh..wait.. it's for the landscape system... (fingers crossed)  Not sure what's included in the update.

Post edited by Llola Lane on
  • ZippyGuitarZippyGuitar Posts: 820
    edited November 2022

I do not see an update but I had a file waaaaaay down the list that said UltraScenery- Realistic Landscape System...so I went ahead and installed it. But now I have two UltraScenery- Realistic Landscape System downloads which show as installed. Each are different file sizes though. Is this normal? I've never had any issues with UltraScenery before. I did not know there were two downloads.

EDIT: well, I just tested it and US appears to work fine. I did notice in the folder I just installed there were additional data files and Environment files for Tree Ecologies or something like that, but everything else looked the same. I'm not seeing two versions either...thank the maker.

Post edited by ZippyGuitar on
    edited November 2022

And since I'm in this forum at the moment, I figured I'd go ahead and show my newest piece using UltraScenery and UltraScenery XT, though I suppose they are not the focus of the image, but I do love working with these products. They're always such a delight but XT definitely tests the limits of my PC. 

FarFetched Tales Along the Berradorn Road.jpg
    2500 x 1406 - 2M
  • ZippyGuitar said:

And since I'm in this forum at the moment, I figured I'd go ahead and show my newest piece using UltraScenery and UltraScenery XT, though I suppose they are not the focus of the image, but I do love working with these products. They're always such a delight but XT definitely tests the limits of my PC. 

Hey, I really like this. What coat textures and lighting are you using here?

edited November 2022

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Thanks! The lights are from two products:  https://www.daz3d.com/skies-of-economy-redux--volume-4 ; (I'm not sure which particular set as I'm rendering right now, but it's from the Economy series for Iray), and Kindred Art's Ghost Light Kit 3 which has apprently been removed from the store along with his other Ghost Light sets. What a load of crap...at least they're still available in my product library.

The coat textures...I assume you are referring to the horses? The textures are from the Horse 2 Pro Bundle with Design Anvil's Iray presets: https://www.daz3d.com/da-horse-2-iray-material-presets

• ZippyGuitar said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Thanks! The lights are from two products:  https://www.daz3d.com/skies-of-economy-redux--volume-4 ; (I'm not sure which particular set as I'm rendering right now, but it's from the Economy series for Iray), and Kindred Art's Ghost Light Kit 3 which has apprently been removed from the store along with his other Ghost Light sets. What a load of crap...at least they're still available in my product library.

The coat textures...I assume you are referring to the horses? The textures are from the Horse 2 Pro Bundle with Design Anvil's Iray presets: https://www.daz3d.com/da-horse-2-iray-material-presets

Hmm, OK, thanks. I definitely have those Daz horse texture sets. I should experiment more with lighting. I really like how this one of yours came out. 

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,963
    edited November 2022

I will preface this by saying I probably caused this by moving some assets in the "environments" folder trying to put things into my own library structure.

That said, I didn't move the ultrascenery folder or any items under that folder recently, and just today started having what is in the attached screenshot happen. It looks as though the base land area loads up really small and then a bunch of instances of the base are created in a stack above it. Any ideas what might be causing this that I can troubleshoot? I have installed UltraScenery XT recently, but I used this one other time since then and it worked fine, and this was in the past two weeks. I do not have Octane renderer installed.

It has happened with several different options from terrains and ecosystems. Sometimes it is taking a very long time to load, sometimes it's a normal amount of time. I can't really get a better screenshot than this because it freezes up my system and I have to force close DS.

ultrascenery_issue.PNG
    806 x 716 - 109K
    Post edited by AlmightyQUEST on

ZippyGuitar said:

Looks great and you have 3 figures in the scene.

My computer can barely handle 2 figures and mostly go to CPU mode otherways.

Llola Lane said:

ah...Artini... I don't have that one.... yet ;)

oh..wait.. it's for the landscape system... (fingers crossed)  Not sure what's included in the update.

Yes, the update was for UltraScenery itself and I am glad, it still works with the accelerator.

AlmightyQUEST said:

I will preface this by saying I probably caused this by moving some assets in the "environments" folder trying to put things into my own library structure.

That said, I didn't move the ultrascenery folder or any items under that folder recently, and just today started having what is in the attached screenshot happen. It looks as though the base land area loads up really small and then a bunch of instances of the base are created in a stack above it. Any ideas what might be causing this that I can troubleshoot? I have installed UltraScenery XT recently, but I used this one other time since then and it worked fine, and this was in the past two weeks. I do not have Octane renderer installed.

It has happened with several different options from terrains and ecosystems. Sometimes it is taking a very long time to load, sometimes it's a normal amount of time. I can't really get a better screenshot than this because it freezes up my system and I have to force close DS.

Artini mentioned an update. Did you install that? Have you tried uninstalling your US and USXT assests and reinstalling them in DIM? And make sure you don't have Iray preview on along with Memory. (I know basic stuff, but I almost blew it the other day and forgot it has been so long for me.)

Hopefully, @barbult will be along to help.

Mary 

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,081
    edited November 2022

I made this one for the Daz+ weekly contest, but I thought I'd share it here. This started as Grassland 3 from UltraScenery, then I used Alienator to replace the trees with Predatron's African trees, and US Toolbox II to remove those trees and bushes I didn't need. Using the extra plugins (Alienator and both toolboxes) really extends the capabilities of what US environments can be. (And yes, I could have used Grassland 2 and skip the whole tree swapping, but I wanted to finally learn Alienator and Toolbox II which I got some time ago.)

Post edited by joanna on
  • barbult said:

Here's a Britain autumn landscape with one UltraTree birch and the new hatchback from gcjellyfish. Even though I used USC Britain, I used the hatchback's US options for left hand drive and license plate. It also has right hand drive and non-US license options.

You know that I love your scenes\renders, but the road just looks off. Nice setup though. Now the renders showcasing the Feature you created to use a dry river bed with any ecology looks fabulous!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,214

DoctorJellybean said:

barbult said:

Here's a Britain autumn landscape with one UltraTree birch and the new hatchback from gcjellyfish. Even though I used USC Britain, I used the hatchback's US options for left hand drive and license plate. It also has right hand drive and non-US license options.

You know that I love your scenes\renders, but the road just looks off. Nice setup though. Now the renders showcasing the Feature you created to use a dry river bed with any ecology looks fabulous!

I appreciate your observations. We need a PA to make us some nice road features and textures.

This discussion has been closed.