The "Animators Assemble!" thread for Daz animation WIPs, clips, and tips

Comments

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

An animation I did a while ago using the Swing Ride.

• wungunwungun Posts: 59
    edited August 2022

Hello everyone I am a daz user and been one since 2008. I stopped using daz for animation way back in 2010 switched to Poser but still used Daz models and props. I later moved on from poser to Iclone in 2014 and been with the program ever since . I still am faithfull to daz products and i am a subcriber to plat-club.I only use daz for charcater creation now. I use Iclone,Unreal engine, Blender, and motionbuilder. I do daily Live streams on my channel on youtube you are welcome to come and see how i make all my films.

Filthy Love-part-1 

Ship fly by - 

Lpz Armorwarz Promo animation- 

news room -

Dragon vs Black Bird- 

Wrestling W.I.P-

Post edited by wungun on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,811
    edited September 2022

a Facebook friend asked me about this

https://www.daz3d.com/d-talks--realtime-talking-chatbot-for-daz-characters

as if I would know blush

not something I would use I think but maybe others would?

I disabled Cortana and Siri and never would buy Alexa etc so not about to chat to my DAZ Avatars wink

because I do animations I guess he assumed I would but they are actors they follow scripts

( well what I say with Screaming Bee or type into Balabolka)

I don't want the blighters adlibbing on me devil

that's how Skynet gets ideas

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,151

I'm far from impressed. You render 23 frames of pre-set animation, then the chatbot mixes and matches the eye and mouth shapes. The "animation" is basically stop-motion, and doesn't even appear to follow the speech all that well. I think even the worst of the available options for lip syncing in DS gives better results than the demo video shows.

• yeah I was just looking at the interactive aspect of "talking" to it, I could use Mimic Live with Cortana if I was so inclined

• Hi friends, thank you for the comments. D-Talks is just the beginning of what we will offer shortly. We are already working on several updates to add more animations and expressions to the avatars. Everyone will also be able to add and edit the content of the chatbot. For now, we want to listen to the community and check what the most wanted features we can add to the software are, both regarding the Avatar and the AI content.

• I love the idea of embedded AI. I hope this means nothing is being sent to you (text, audio, etc.). It's one thing to play around with something like this for fun. It's a completely other thing if my fun is being recorded, shared or broadcast to someone without me knowing.

As far as the renders go, would the resulting animations be better if they were toons? Animated cartoon versions of a character I created hooked into an AI.

The price point is just a little too steep for what the demo shows. Now if it was a completly smooth animated character (head motions, hair movement..), I'd be all in.

I heard about those phone apps with AI friends but I don't trust phone apps for that. I know they're just recording my data, analyzing it for ads and selling it off.

• I just had a conversation with a bot cheeky https://beta.openai.com/playground

JaguarElla is an anthropomorphic furry, what foods would be suitable for me to offer her for dinner?

Some anthropomorphic furries might enjoy a dinner of roasted meats and vegetables, while others might prefer a vegetarian meal. If you are not sure what your furry friend would prefer, you can ask her directly or look for clues in her fursona's diet. For example, if her fursona is a lion, she might enjoy a hearty steak dinner. If her fursona is a rabbit, she might prefer a lighter meal of salad and vegetables.

I am concerned she might eat me because she is an apex predator.

If you are concerned that your furry friend might eat you, it is probably best to avoid offering her any food.

but if she is hungry I might look more appetising to her.

If you are worried that your furry friend might be hungry and might see you as a potential meal, it is probably best to avoid offering her any food.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,811
    edited September 2022

the Open AI chatbot is pay for use too BTW, you get a limited amount of use free

like their other products such as Dall-E 2

I asume what you are paying for with the product in store is usage of the TTS voices ( those can have very dear licensing especially for Youtube usage so that alone justifies it) and the fact you are getting access to a hopefully secure ai chatbot

otherwise the product is not actually for use inside DAZ studio, it is a series of renders to use in it's own interface

you can see examples of this type  of thing on many Reddit narration videos with a talking Avatar and VTubers livestreams mostly using 2D drawings 

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

I need to figure out what to do about her clothing, because it's not simulating properly, her body keeps clipping through it, and at one point her pants slide down revealing her entire butt. Still, this is where I'm at on this self-imposed nightmare of a shot.

This shot came together much more quickly than the last, despite being more complex in a number of ways. Now I need to tweak the previous scene and re-render it before I can stitch everything together.

I re-rendered the previous shot after learning some important lessons that I should have learned earlier, improving a lot of geometry, fixing her clothing, redoing the lighting.....

Before:

After:

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153

Gordig said:

I re-rendered the previous shot after learning some important lessons that I should have learned earlier, improving a lot of geometry, fixing her clothing, redoing the lighting.....

Before:

After:

very Impressive 

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

Gordig said:

Before:

After:

Looking good! I think the characters move very well.

Just two more shots to re-render and edit before I have to start working on new shots. For contrast, here's the earlier version again: 

Still a few problems to solve, but I'm getting there.

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

Looking better every time, fun stuff to watch!

-- Walt Sterdan

Taking some time off from that project to do worldbuilding and setup for another project, and also learn Houdini because I am a crazy person. Here's a very basic crowd simulation. There's not a lot going on, but it took a whole lot of fiddling to even get it to this point.

Still some wonkiness, like the tops of characters' heads disappearing, but I've got it up to four characters, eight animations, and no weird scaling or animations failing to loop. Next: physics, because some of these people are just walking straight through each other. I forgot to unhide the ground plane before I rendered, but meh.

edited January 2023

I'm at the point in my Houdini journey where I'm starting to predict how to do new things. Only one character set up for ragdoll physics so far, but I've also worked out how to make characters avoid passing through each other (not shown in this video).

Post edited by Gordig on

Right now the "wrecking ball" acts more like a trigger for the ragdoll state than the collider that it should be, but I'm getting there. I don't even need to be doing this, but I do love me some learnin'.

Got the physics working for the ball. I haven't programmed the other walkers to avoid the casualties, but I do know how to do it.

• Happy to announce that Chapter One of my medieval fantasy series Quest of the Key is finally online! Most of this is not animated in Daz, but there is plenty of Daz content, which continues to be some of the best assets out there.

See Chapte One here:

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited February 2023

Auroratrek said:

Happy to announce that Chapter One of my medieval fantasy series Quest of the Key is finally online! Most of this is not animated in Daz, but there is plenty of Daz content, which continues to be some of the best assets out there.

See Chapte One here:

Fabulous film.  . Very entertaining animation' well done movements, and directing, the lighting and atmosphere were spot on.  everything was awesome.. congratulations on a job well done  smileyheart

Post edited by Ivy on
  • csaacsaa Posts: 812

Auroratrek,

I second Ivy's generous feedback. Writing, voice acting and sound track carried the day for me -- meaning to say, it's not just the cohesive aesthetics and the smooth animation that made the viewing pleasurable. And even if the animation wasn't done in Daz (what was it, Maya or Blender?), it was fun picking out the items I have in my Daz collection. You had me suspend my disbelief the moment the heroine's shadow fell across the door!

Looking forward to the next installment.

Cheers!

Ivy said:

Fabulous film.  . Very entertaining animation' well done movements, and directing, the lighting and atmosphere were spot on.  everything was awesome.. congratulations on a job well done  smileyheart

• Ivy said:

Auroratrek said:

Happy to announce that Chapter One of my medieval fantasy series Quest of the Key is finally online! Most of this is not animated in Daz, but there is plenty of Daz content, which continues to be some of the best assets out there.

See Chapte One here:

Thanks! I appreciate that coming from one of us "unfortunate few" who feel compelled to animate in this ecosystem! It's a lot of work, but it is fun, tho, isn't it? Let's keep at it!  laugh

• AuroratrekAuroratrek Posts: 201
    edited February 2023

csaa said:

Auroratrek,

I second Ivy's generous feedback. Writing, voice acting and sound track carried the day for me -- meaning to say, it's not just the cohesive aesthetics and the smooth animation that made the viewing pleasurable. And even if the animation wasn't done in Daz (what was it, Maya or Blender?), it was fun picking out the items I have in my Daz collection. You had me suspend my disbelief the moment the heroine's shadow fell across the door!

Looking forward to the next installment.

Cheers!

Ivy said:

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it. From looking at your work, I get the feeling that (like me) an image/drawing is/was never just an image, but a snapshot in time from a larger story. Ultimately, I feel like the best artists are storytellers, and that can take many forms.

For workflow, I used a lot of Daz assets, particularly for settings, but also including importing Daz characters into iClone for animating with custom mocap, rendered in Cinema 4D. Daz as an animation tool has a lot going for it, but the one glaring hole in its capabilities is lip sync, and my characters are pretty wordy. ;-)

Post edited by Auroratrek on
  • Scorpion Vs Sub-Zero (FAN ANIMATION) - Heroes X Villains (Episode 1) 4K

Link to watch here in 4K - https://youtu.be/U_265Z0nsp8

This is a fan animated short film I made based on characters from the upcoming game Mortal Kombat 12. This took me about two months to make, it was very challenging but so rewarding to see after so much effort and hard work, enjoy the film and thanks so much for watching, episode 2 in the works.

Leave a like, subscribe to my YouTube channel as well to see more content like this and share with others if you enjoyed watching it, thank you.

Figured out how to re-apply materials to the agents after simulation, but it's not fully working yet and some materials are still missing. I also don't know why their animations keep glitching. Hopefully I'll get a better distribution of the agents once I've finished adding the male agents in; even more hopefully, there's a simple bit of VEX or Python that will ensure that only unique agents are added. I also just need to re-export the tall goth, because her boots are messed up. I haven't even started to tweak the behavior of the agents, which is why one of the goths is wandering into the street.

Solved some problems, haven't solved some others, and some new problems arose. C'est la vie.