Daz Install Manager (DIM) 1.4.0.94, Now Available! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• dshield said:

Richard Haseltine  Ive been watching another thread to see if the problem was sorted.
    I saw you say dont open a ticket as Daz were aware, but I think I'll have to contact them now.

I said don't open a ticket while they were working - since the issue was apparently fixed for most people then it was prfectly legitimate to think your issue was unfixed (or simply unrelated,) and to open a ticket.

• edited September 2022

Where do I find the serial number for Hexagon 2.5?

(mod edit: please do not quote very long sections, especially if it doesn't all pertain to your question)

Post edited by Cris Palomino on
  • or you can right-click on its entry in the Installed tab in Install Manager.

• I just launched Daz Install Manager version 1.4.0.80 a few minutes ago and it told me the DIM Update to 1.4.0.94 was ready. I let it proceed with the update and restart of DIM.  I then installed some products and it seems to be working fine on Windows 10.

I also noticed that the Install Manager manual download in the Product Library has also been updated to version 1.4.0.94 on both the Mac and Windows platforms.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,183
    edited October 2022

Yes, and solved the gigantic thumbnail problem; back to the original size. Can't see anything else obviously different other than more selection tags (Select/Deselect Packages...)

ETA: I suppose I could read the top of the thread...

Post edited by NorthOf45 on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,684
    edited October 2022

It downloaded great on my laptop, but on my desktop I am getting a swirly. My internet is working. Has the server at Daz gone down?

Thanks, not sure who kicked it, but working now.

Post edited by memcneil70 on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,714

memcneil70 said:

It downloaded great on my laptop, but on my desktop I am getting a swirly. My internet is working. Has the server at Daz gone down?

Thanks, not sure who kicked it, but working now.

Took some minutes of swirling too for me before it started to install, but otherwise it seems to be working fine.

• Updated my DIM too just now.  This update installed some new unlimited access software, that have not seen before, so this may account for your swirly, or delay. 

• Saxa -- SD said:

Updated my DIM too just now.  This update installed some new unlimited access software, that have not seen before, so this may account for your swirly, or delay. 

The install footprint has not, file version aside, changed.

• Richard Haseltine said:

The install footprint has not, file version aside, changed.

My security software, though on a more trusted setting for DAZ, still asked for permission to install this DIM and get full access to PC, and i watched pop-ups as to what happened.  This pop-up usually happens with new software signatures.  Didn't happen before with other DIM updates.

DAZ/DIM install and my security database is unchanged for a long time. 

Others had delays, so I am skeptical of that information being 100%.  But thanks for official statement.

• I cannot download store assets, is there a server issue?

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,714

danielcross11 said:

I cannot download store assets, is there a server issue?

Working OK here.

• docbotherdocbother Posts: 106

Seems they solved the oversized thumbnail issue with extreme prejudice.From way too big to almost too small.

I know. Some people would complain if you hanged them with a brand new rope, the ungrateful nattering nabobs.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    edited October 2022

docbother said:

Seems they solved the oversized thumbnail issue with extreme prejudice.From way too big to almost too small.

I know. Some people would complain if you hanged them with a brand new rope, the ungrateful nattering nabobs.

The size can be configured in the DIM account ini file, within a limited range. I've set mine to 256. See the first post in this thread, which is updated to describe changes in the latest DIM version.

Post edited by barbult on
  • Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 871
    edited October 2022

With this new 546 pixel setting for thumbnails,  finally activated this (retrieved all thumbnails through DIM).  Didn't take long.

Took a bit to find ini and then to find where jpgs displayed in DIM.

Helpful addition now.  Nice. 

Edit a bit later: interesting 'known issue' just posted elsewhere in DAZ forums re: unsigned exe with new DS - https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/595931/daz-studio-4-21-0-x-pro-general-release#latest

Maybe related, or not at all, to above.  But still kudos being acknowledged in a changelog. Thanks.

Post edited by Saxa -- SD on

Just a warning here for Mac users if you have upgraded to Ventura 13.0, you may have trouble with DIM. I have not been able to get it to work since the update and it appears some of the software lines have lost permissions. I will be taking my MacBookPro M1 into Apple's Genius Bar tomorrow to see if they can get the access. Chat & a supervisor sharing the screen could not.

This was also after I lost browswers for two days before the Genius Bar got it back yesterday. 

If you can avoid it, I don't recommend updating quite yet to Ventura.

So, I try to refresh DIM (offline) after dropping in a couple of custom files. Scan the Product Archive, refresh the manifests, usual stuff, then on to the Manifest Archive, and... wait. And wait. And wait some more. Finally gave up and went to bed.

Checked the log next morning, "2022-10-27 06:50:48.258 [INFO] :: User Data Refresh: Elapsed Time 14004 sec 676 msec" That's almost 4 hours! Sure I got a lot of stuff, but that's ridiculous.

• NorthOf45 said:

So, I try to refresh DIM (offline) after dropping in a couple of custom files. Scan the Product Archive, refresh the manifests, usual stuff, then on to the Manifest Archive, and... wait. And wait. And wait some more. Finally gave up and went to bed.

Checked the log next morning, "2022-10-27 06:50:48.258 [INFO] :: User Data Refresh: Elapsed Time 14004 sec 676 msec" That's almost 4 hours! Sure I got a lot of stuff, but that's ridiculous.

Work is ongoing to speed it up.

DoctorJellybean said:

NorthOf45 said:

Work is ongoing to speed it up.

I sure hope so... 

An update on my MBP M1. It is still at the Apple Tech Lab, still be turned back to Monterey. Their techs had no way to get the permission lines back into Files and Folders. And they didn't seem to have much experience with the M1 products. The techs were impressed with Daz3D though and how DIM is supposed to work.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,040

NorthOf45 said:

Windows or Mac? Internal or external drive? File system?

If this is an external drive on a Windows system and the file system is exFat (the last 4 usb external drives I've purchased were all exFat) then  this is the problem. At startup DIM updates the time stamp on virtually every .dsx file in the download directory. The cluster size (minimum file size) with exFat is 128 KB - so for each of those 1 KB .dsx files the systerm reads in 128 KB, updates the time stamps, and re-writes the 128 KB. The cluster size on an NTFS file system is 4 KB; it provides better disk utilization and faster read/write times on small files.

NOTE: reformating the drive to ntfs will delete everyting on it - make a copy first! (or plan on re-downloading everything).

These drives are formatted as exFat to be ready for use on both Windows and Mac systems; as I understand it the Mac OS does not support write access to ntfs file systems; if you're on a Mac you should reformat to a native Mac filesystem format.

namffuak said:

NorthOf45 said:

If this is an external drive on a Windows system and the file system is exFat (the last 4 usb external drives I've purchased were all exFat) then  this is the problem. At startup DIM updates the time stamp on virtually every .dsx file in the download directory. The cluster size (minimum file size) with exFat is 128 KB - so for each of those 1 KB .dsx files the systerm reads in 128 KB, updates the time stamps, and re-writes the 128 KB. The cluster size on an NTFS file system is 4 KB; it provides better disk utilization and faster read/write times on small files.

NOTE: reformating the drive to ntfs will delete everyting on it - make a copy first! (or plan on re-downloading everything).

These drives are formatted as exFat to be ready for use on both Windows and Mac systems; as I understand it the Mac OS does not support write access to ntfs file systems; if you're on a Mac you should reformat to a native Mac filesystem format.

Win10, library is on a 2nd internal hard drive, NTFS. External drives are for archiving the zips, and I converted then from exFAT a long time ago. Normally it takes about 15-20 minutes (from last log: Installed Packages: 25478 : 4.1 TB, User Data Refresh: Elapsed Time 1322 sec 292 msec, about 22 minutes), a tolerable wait once in a while, but this was some slow background process that was taking its sweet time scanning the content manifests. Between that scan and FileIndexer sticking its nose in every now and then, DIM was unresponsive the entire time. Maybe Windows was also defragging, doing its Security scan, and installing the latest Edge update at the same time. They all seem to take priority.

• NorthOf45 said:

namffuak said:

NorthOf45 said:

Win10, library is on a 2nd internal hard drive, NTFS. External drives are for archiving the zips, and I converted then from exFAT a long time ago. Normally it takes about 15-20 minutes (from last log: Installed Packages: 25478 : 4.1 TB, User Data Refresh: Elapsed Time 1322 sec 292 msec, about 22 minutes), a tolerable wait once in a while, but this was some slow background process that was taking its sweet time scanning the content manifests. Between that scan and FileIndexer sticking its nose in every now and then, DIM was unresponsive the entire time. Maybe Windows was also defragging, doing its Security scan, and installing the latest Edge update at the same time. They all seem to take priority.

Given the number of files DIM may have to look at for a large library anything that steps in on each access is going to have a marked performance impact.

Undoubtedly. Refreshed a couple of times, took about 20 minutes each time. As I said, tolerable once in a while, but the last time took almost 6 hours, scanning the library at a blistering 40 KB/sec. Time to restart the machine. Went online this time to collect the recent acquisitions, and it took maybe 5 minutes for everything to be ready. Windows must have been choking on its own cache, or something, or else offline is very different. I know that the product validation is different online vs. offline, but would it make that much of a difference?

DIM 1.4.0.94 default filter for generation 9 figures does not work. I own and have installed the starter essentials and Victoria 9 HD, but neither show up with that filter. The default filters were updated today, but this still does not work. See attached screenshots. I mentioned this before in the forum, so when I saw a filter update today, I expected a fix. But no. frownSo I submitted a help request.

G9 filter doesn't work 1.jpg
    1001 x 806 - 317K
    G9 filter doesn't work 2.jpg
    1001 x 806 - 240K
  • barbult said:

DIM 1.4.0.94 default filter for generation 9 figures does not work. I own and have installed the starter essentials and Victoria 9 HD, but neither show up with that filter. The default filters were updated today, but this still does not work. See attached screenshots. I mentioned this before in the forum, so when I saw a filter update today, I expected a fix. But no. frownSo I submitted a help request.

Delete the $ at the end of the filter text.

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

Oh, I see. In every generation 9 product I own, the "9" is not the last character in the product name. Thanks, Richard. Your breadth of knowledge always astounds me.

Screenshot 2022-11-01 163851.jpg
    1001 x 806 - 94K
  • barbult said:

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

Oh, I see. In every generation 9 product I own, the "9" is not the last character in the product name. Thanks, Richard. Your breadth of knowledge always astounds me.

hah, that wasn't my breadth of knowledge - I am an utter bodger when it comes to Regular Expressions.

I am still getting a non-functional entry for "Moon Mining Machine" in my Product Updates. It is not an update to "Moon Mining Machine", the SKU and thumbnail (68245) are for "Military Weapons 2", which has been shelved (along with volumes 1 and 3).

If I try to download, it fails, and the log says:

2022-12-13 04:41:06.343 [WARNING] :: Download Error: Templates_83860_MoonMiningMachine.zip : Error setting up download file
    2022-12-13 04:41:06.343 [WARNING] :: Network Error:  : Operation canceled

No surprise, templates should not be available with DIM, but it is the proper filesize.

MMM again.jpg
    612 x 367 - 95K