Daz Install Manager (DIM) 1.4.0.94, Now Available! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,340

Did you try downloading manually from you account rather than using DiM? I was never able to download the Moon Mining Machine via DIM because the package included the template.I'd discussd this with tech support and had hoped that they'd fixed it but based on the dates in your screenshot, that hasn't happened.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,354

There is no problem getting the templates for Moon Mining Machine from the Product Library, but the odd thing about it is that there is the usual Manual Download button, AND an Install Manager Ready button, which is out of place. Templates should not be downloadable from Install Manager, and it obviously has been configured that way, but cannot ever succeed.

The point is that there is a DIM entry for the template, which will not go away, and should not be there to begin with.

MMM again 2.jpg
    688 x 731 - 155K
  • NorthOf45 said:

There is no problem getting the templates for Moon Mining Machine from the Product Library, but the odd thing about it is that there is the usual Manual Download button, AND an Install Manager Ready button, which is out of place. Templates should not be downloadable from Install Manager, and it obviously has been configured that way, but cannot ever succeed.

The point is that there is a DIM entry for the template, which will not go away, and should not be there to begin with.

I kind wish DIM did download templates and install them someplace reasonable.  But thanks for the explaination of what's going on. I've had that screwed up entry for Moon Mining Machine show up in DIM then disappear for unknown reasons over and over again.  I may try opening a ticket also. I can't believe it's too difficult to actually fix.

• I think this happens for all of us who own Moon Mining Machine and use Daz Install Manager. It's annoying, as the product always shows up in the Ready to Download tab of DIM and shows a file size of 24.7 MB which, as mentioned, is the exact same size as the Templates folder. Someone at Daz mistakenly set the Templates to be available in DIM, so hopefully they will see these comments and remove the templates from being Install Manager Ready.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

robertswww said:

I think this happens for all of us who own Moon Mining Machine and use Daz Install Manager. It's annoying, as the product always shows up in the Ready to Download tab of DIM and shows a file size of 24.7 MB which, as mentioned, is the exact same size as the Templates folder. Someone at Daz mistakenly set the Templates to be available in DIM, so hopefully they will see these comments and remove the templates from being Install Manager Ready.

I doubt the messages here are going to reach somebody who can do something about that.

You probably should submit a ticket https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

(click on the Sign in button in the upper right corner first)

• NorthOf45 said:

I am still getting a non-functional entry for "Moon Mining Machine" in my Product Updates. It is not an update to "Moon Mining Machine", the SKU and thumbnail (68245) are for "Military Weapons 2", which has been shelved (along with volumes 1 and 3).

If I try to download, it fails, and the log says:

2022-12-13 04:41:06.343 [WARNING] :: Download Error: Templates_83860_MoonMiningMachine.zip : Error setting up download file
    2022-12-13 04:41:06.343 [WARNING] :: Network Error:  : Operation canceled

No surprise, templates should not be available with DIM, but it is the proper filesize.

I just hid it so I won't see it anymore. I am not surprised it's not fixed. The last support ticket I put in was for Missing textures nine months ago Open 

• Kerya said:

robertswww said:

I think this happens for all of us who own Moon Mining Machine and use Daz Install Manager. It's annoying, as the product always shows up in the Ready to Download tab of DIM and shows a file size of 24.7 MB which, as mentioned, is the exact same size as the Templates folder. Someone at Daz mistakenly set the Templates to be available in DIM, so hopefully they will see these comments and remove the templates from being Install Manager Ready.

I doubt the messages here are going to reach somebody who can do something about that.

You probably should submit a ticket https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

(click on the Sign in button in the upper right corner first)

For all owners of Moon Mining Machine out there... I just submitted a ticket regarding the Templates issue. It should be an extremely easy fix. But with the holidays and Daz tech ticket backlog, it may take awhile.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,099
    edited December 2022

Can DIM be used to install Zipped 3rd party content?  If so, how?

I have to reinstall some content from the original ZIPs.  Most is from the old Content Paradise site, which is no more.  I have the ZIP files in a folder.  Inside the ZIP files, everything is arranged in the Runtime structure of Victoria 4 and earlier.  I pointed DIM to the folder under the 'DOWNLOADS' tab but it is not recognizing anything as ready to install.  Some of the other files are from the old RDNA site, although some got transferred to Daz, other like the Unidwarf did not.  Still others are from Renderosity, and some are freebies from ShareCG.  A few are  the current Daz Studio 'content' structure, but most are Runtime.

As you can see, I have DIM pointed there for the downloads.

zz01 dim ask help.jpg
    423 x 238 - 24K
    zz02.jpg
    446 x 121 - 17K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Diomede said:

Can DIM be used to install Zipped 3rd party content?  If so, how?

I have to reinstall some content from the original ZIPs.  Most is from the old Content Paradise site, which is no more.  I have the ZIP files in a folder.  Inside the ZIP files, everything is arranged in the Runtime structure of Victoria 4 and earlier.  I pointed DIM to the folder under the 'DOWNLOADS' tab but it is not recognizing anything as ready to install.  Some of the other files are from the old RDNA site, although some got transferred to Daz, other like the Unidwarf did not.  Still others are from Renderosity, and some are freebies from ShareCG.  A few are  the current Daz Studio 'content' structure, but most are Runtime.

As you can see, I have DIM pointed there for the downloads.

Free:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/267886/daz-im-creator-small-utility-to-create-daz-install-manager-product-zip-s

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,099

Thank you!

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,962

I downloaded a few days of purchases this morning on my laptop with DIM and it wasn't until I went to look at them in Smart Content that I found the first, an environment that was released in Feb 2022 had no metadata and I finally tracked it down in the Content Library. I looked at my installed tab of DIM and the other ten items that should have had a metadata checkmark were blank there. I first 're-imported metadata' for all, then uninstalled and reinstalled and the metadata tick showed back up.

I had looked at some of these items on two other systems on previous days and they had downloaded without issue. Not sure if this was a momentary glich or some went hicky in my DIM just then on the initial download, but I thought I should pass this on if someone else has trouble locating new purchases.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,354

I have had that happen a couple of times when CMS was not running (at the top, second-to-last icon). Somehow it got shut off. Installations were good, but no metadata. Re-installing with CMS running worked much better...

Thank you NorthOf45. While I don't think I clicked on it, I wouldn't put it past me. My mouse trigger finger has a mind of its own.

• ChakradudeChakradude Posts: 249
    edited December 2022

Hi I am trying to get daz studio working on my new Mac mini  (12.6 Monterey M1 chip 16 gb RAM)  I find after downloading in the dim I cannot now install the Daz Studio App without putting in a  name and password it does not accept the password that I use to log into daz as well as login to DIM. Can anyone tell me what password is required from this window? my main computer password does not work either, I have tried both multiple times.I have downloaded and installed many other products in the past  on this computer but for DS this window pops up. Frustrating! (see image)

Screen Shot 2022-12-20 at 4.27.08 PM.png
    957 x 987 - 390K
    Post edited by Chakradude on
  • Chakradude said:

Hi I am trying to get daz studio working on my new Mac mini  (12.6 Monterey M1 chip 16 gb RAM)  I find after downloading in the dim I cannot now install the Daz Studio App without putting in a  name and password it does not accept the password that I use to log into daz as well as login to DIM. Can anyone tell me what password is required from this window? my main computer password does not work either, I have tried both multiple times.I have downloaded and installed many other products in the past  on this computer but for DS this window pops up. Frustrating! (see image)

That is the operating system asking you to allow the installer to make chnages (i.e. to install), it isn't anything related to Daz. It wants your system credentials, not you Daz account credentials; the isntaller does not get to see the details you enter, this is between you and your operating system.

• Thanks Richard. I reinstalled the DIM and now I can put in my computer password successfully at that point. However just after that it now crashes without installing. I tried putting it in Applications (the generic Mac Applications folder) and I tried remapping to Applications/ Daz 3d    without success.

• Hi Richard I realized a log file for the DIM might be useful so I have attatched below.

Thanks for any help!

txt
    txt
    log copy.txt
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,722

Chakradude said:

In System Preferences  -> Privacy & Intergrity -> Full disk access you need to grant DIM Helper access to the disk.  

• ChakradudeChakradude Posts: 249
    edited December 2022

Totte said:

Chakradude said:

In System Preferences  -> Privacy & Intergrity -> Full disk access you need to grant DIM Helper access to the disk.  

Cool! I will check it out this morning when I get to my bookstore. (where the mac lives) Thanks!

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Has anyone noticed the sorting for downloads in DIM, either on a Mac or a Windows, is shifting almost daily from a sort for recent orders back to A - Z, and have to go by SKU#, and then the next day it is back to recent orders?

I have been keeping my email confirmation near until I have tracked everything down, to make sure an older item is not left buried behind things I am not installing now.

I keep thinking Daz Tech has this sort order problem fixed, and then it goes nuts again.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,550

I hadn't noticed, but I'll keep and eye out for it.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,804

memcneil70 said:

Has anyone noticed the sorting for downloads in DIM, either on a Mac or a Windows, is shifting almost daily from a sort for recent orders back to A - Z, and have to go by SKU#, and then the next day it is back to recent orders?

I have been keeping my email confirmation near until I have tracked everything down, to make sure an older item is not left buried behind things I am not installing now.

I keep thinking Daz Tech has this sort order problem fixed, and then it goes nuts again.

The settings use to stick here, if I shut down DIM normally.  Default seems to be "Busy First" so it use to revert to this if DIM crashes or isn't shut down normally.  If for example I start DIM but close the Login box before logging in (which I do if I realize I've forgotten to mount the DAZ data drive), which also closes DIM, it reverts back to "Busy First" for all tabs when I restart and update online. 

Letting Windows "save settings on exit" for controls is the lazy programmers solution IMO, the problem is that you may lose changes you've made if the program crashes or isn't shut down normally. I always save all settings real-time via code, it's extra work but this way they always stick no matter what the user does.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,722

Taoz said:

memcneil70 said:

The settings use to stick here, if I shut down DIM normally.  Default seems to be "Busy First" so it use to revert to this if DIM crashes or isn't shut down normally.  If for example I start DIM but close the Login box before logging in (which I do if I realize I've forgotten to mount the DAZ data drive), which also closes DIM, it reverts back to "Busy First" for all tabs when I restart and update online. 

Letting Windows "save settings on exit" for controls is the lazy programmers solution IMO, the problem is that you may lose changes you've made if the program crashes or isn't shut down normally. I always save all settings real-time via code, it's extra work but this way they always stick no matter what the user does.

I think the save on exit is built-in into Qt so it's the way things happens, save with studio, och you change your layout and crash it's back to the old layout.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,804

Totte said:

Taoz said:

memcneil70 said:

I think the save on exit is built-in into Qt so it's the way things happens, save with studio, och you change your layout and crash it's back to the old layout.

Save settings on exit is apparently an option, but it wouldn't make sense if it was the only way to save settings in an advanced framework like QT.  In fact, it would make more sense if  the only option was writing the code yourself.

I was downloading from DIM on my second computer and all of a sudden files started failing. I have tried restarting DIM but no joy. Has DIM's server gone down?

My interent is up and running here.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,762
    edited January 2023

It is possible that Dazs' servers could be hiccupping causing the issue. It's not unheard of. Try doing a few files at a time to see if it improves and then slowly increase from there. It just takes a split second of being down on your end or Daz's to cause the issue. It could also be from overload on the server. If too many people are downloading at once it has/does cause this issue as well. If it continues over a long period of time submit a ticket to tech so they can look into it and let us know as well.

Post edited by frank0314 on

I can't even get DIM to open now. I had closed it, and thought reopening it from scratch might help, but after clicking twice, it blinks and does nothing.

edited January 2023

This is on my Win10 laptop. I had no issue on the Win 10 desktop computer.

And now I got it to start the open and log-in! Well, a swirley on the log-in part.

Unable to verify email or password.

Retyped my password, not accepted. I know this happens, can't remember what causes it, but I am logged into the forums and the store at this time. So guess I have to wait awhile to download the rest of my order?

Mary

Post edited by memcneil70 on
    edited January 2023

And it is back!

Thank you Frank

Post edited by memcneil70 on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,762

Yeah, it's a common issue but like you, I can't remember the cause as well. I'll ask around and see if anyone else remembers.