Carrara Sale Email Message Alert thread

Comments

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

I used to discuss PC+ stuff in this thread with Dart.  Eventually, members here complained about it.  They felt that this thread should be mostly reserved for alerts about new deals or freebies, and not about renders and chat.

My primary reason for responding to 3drendero was to offer thanks for posting that freebie alert, which I otherwise would have missed.

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    I got a message from Daz about free 3D printing licenses for all items owned before 22 july, offer until 30 sept. I started with Carrara 8.5 Pro, DS and Bryce, since they all include lots of 3D models. The the Pro bundles and then I gave up... So much clicking...
  • ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,949
    edited August 2022

WendyLuvsCatz said:

ed3D said:

And Then ,, perhaps there could be an disscussion for the images called    " Quickie Freebie Renders " 

Thanx  - -

Bunyip just wants you to be notified of his renders cheeky 

,,Alrite then ,, Thanx    - -   " not meanin' an complainet  "

Post edited by ed3D on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,524

ed3D said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

ed3D said:

And Then ,, perhaps there could be an disscussion for the images called    " Quickie Freebie Renders " 

Thanx  - -

Bunyip just wants you to be notified of his renders cheeky 

,,Alrite then ,, Thanx    - -   " not meanin' an complainet  "

Okay I'll post future freebie renders elsewhere !!!devil

edited August 2022

UnifiedBrain said:

I used to discuss PC+ stuff in this thread with Dart.  Eventually, members here complained about it.  They felt that this thread should be mostly reserved for alerts about new deals or freebies, and not about renders and chat.

My primary reason for responding to 3drendero was to offer thanks for posting that freebie alert, which I otherwise would have missed.

Bunyip said : 
    Okay I'll post future freebie renders elsewhere !!!devil

Thanx    - -   " not meanin' an complainet  "   - -  Thanx 

Post edited by ed3D on
  • UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Howie's Carrara products are starting to show up in clearance.  Got one yesterday, and there are several today.

I assume that most people here have them all, but I have very few.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited August 2022

UnifiedBrain said:

Howie's Carrara products are starting to show up in clearance.  Got one yesterday, and there are several today.

I assume that most people here have them all, but I have very few.

don't wait too long

yes I think I have everything Carrara by him except the Yu;e cottage which I never wanted  

quite a few of the DAZ studio sets too

PAs are pruning their Carrara and other not DAZ studio content so don't expect them to stay in store forever

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited August 2022
    Thanks Wendy and UB, a few more for 4.5$ out today: https://www.daz3d.com/collect-tons-of-great-clearance-items
    Post edited by 3drendero on

LOL I have all the contents of the only set I see

I passed the Yule Cottage up for $2 a while back too but might grab it if it ever comes up again just to complete my collection

as an Aussie, snow scenes are not something I do a lot of hence my hesitation

edited August 2022
    Updated freebies, very good package this time. A Carrara shader, some G2 stuff and a G3M starter bundle. /Edit, started a separate render/discussion thread here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/583806/carrara-freebie-sale-render-and-discussion-thread#latest
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026
    edited August 2022

There is a Carrara specific brush product in the Clearance sale.

dp 3d pain tbrushes.jpg
    1526 x 863 - 167K
    Post edited by Diomede on

Freebies includes 6 Starter Bundles for those that don't have them !!!

Bunyip02 said:

And then   ~    they have been  All changed  _   , like its'  an  Error  _  thanx  

I bought the Carrara brushes as was something I actually didn't have yet (obviously)

ed3D said:

Bunyip02 said:

And then   ~    they have been  All changed  _   , like its'  an  Error  _  thanx

That's not nice angry

And then > 

-  10 Carrara items  - 

CLEARANCE CATCH-UP :
    $2.99 Clearance Items
    $1.99 each for Daz+ Members

Thanx  ~

Bunyip02 said:

Shoot, missed them. This weekend there is a 80% off code, includes 2 Carrara AniMate bundles.
    Todays shop deal has a freebie when buying a 5$ gift cert. Choice of 3 different items.
    New freebies, includes a G2F starter bundle. Looking forward to a render here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/583806/carrara-freebie-sale-render-and-discussion-thread#latest
    There is a G2M character freebie in the contest page for another week, with code. More info: https://www.daz3d.com/mythical-render-contest
  • Thanks 3drendero!  I had totally missed that, as I will not be entering the contest.  The product was even on my wishlist. :)

You are welcome, how about a render in here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/583806/carrara-freebie-sale-render-and-discussion-thread#latest There is an 80% off with code sale today, has 4 Carrara unique items and a lot more others, valid for 3 items.
    Free item with Victoria 9 or 9 HD, though the price is affected by inflation and probably not compatible with Carrara yet.
    New not-so-weekly freebies. No big deals but they are free.
    80% off older items for today or the weekend. Includes 50 Carrara items and 5000 others. For example Carrara Grid. Can be combined with the other offer of 3 freebies when buying anything above 25$.
    The Daz3D Facebook page has a Genesis 9 announcement youtube with a G9 freebie item from a Google drive link. Facebook account not needed. If someone wants to start testing the G9 compatibility issues with Carrara...
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

I watched the announcement video.  Some of the major points include -

- base mesh has roughly twice as many polygons, which is good for detailed morphers, less good when LoRenzo and LoRetta are fine

- texture maps are increasing in size, up to 8.  Again, great for people looking for extreme detail, not so great for hardware constrained

- for textures, if less detail is fine, then ways to reduce resolution of image while keeping overall map

- base skeleton change includes more spine bones so backward compatibility requires extra steps - am sure script converter for sale soon

- return to Genesis 1 unigender base mesh, with a derived male and female mesh.  Modeling to the unigender mesh as a dummy probably won't get very satisfying results for either gender, so creators expect to brush up on substituting OBJs in the full body morph data list.

- no mention of Carrara during the announcement, of course.

3drendero said:

The Daz3D Facebook page has a Genesis 9 announcement youtube with a G9 freebie item from a Google drive link. Facebook account not needed. If someone wants to start testing the G9 compatibility issues with Carrara...

well , ....which kind of Freebie  is it  ??  Thanx  

edited September 2022
    Here we go, G9 announcement video: Included in the video description: Free Caryl Outfit by Fugazi and Jay - exclusively made for Genesis 9 and Victoria 9. Get the download link there, I guess it will be deleted soon. /Edit, shown in the video, linked from 1:20, sporty clothes for V9/M9 and compatible with G8.
    New weekly freebies, nothing spectacular, but some G2 and older items that work in Carrara.