Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 12

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069

adbc - thank you. Beautiful gate and vegetation. Really peaceful scene.

mermaid - thank you.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,076

mermaid, Horo : thank you.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,956
    edited May 2022

A scene I put together using elements from my libraries. I'm not sure about size of the lighthouse in relation to the ship, although I revisited David's tutorials on composition.

thelighthouse2.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 357K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited May 2022

mermaid - very nice scene. The sizes of the ship and lighthouse look good to me. The inlet is too small for the ship to enter but it will find the harbor that is out of sight. I also like the lighting.

I also often struggle with the size of things. In my render I first posed to HMS Victory into the bay of the isle, then adjusted the size and finally moved it out back into the sea. Below the same scene as anaglyph.

Approach Isle

Approach Isle Anaglyph

ApproachIsle.jpg
    1200 x 720 - 165K
    ApproachIsleAna.jpg
    1200 x 720 - 191K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited May 2022

mermaid : very beautiful scene, great atmosphere and colours.

Horo : awesome island scene, beautiful clouds and reflection on the water. Great anaglyph.

For this one I did not really have to worry about the size of objects. This is just one bryce tree, a mirror and a background sphere.

abstract tree.jpg
    940 x 450 - 81K
    Post edited by adbc on

adbc - thank you. Your tree looks like an alien metallic spider emerging from fiery lava. Marvelous render.

Thanks Horo, yes the bay is on the other side wink Beautiful renders, love the sky, the anaglyph is awesome.

Adbc thanks, love the abstract, very nicely done.

Thank you mermaid.

Horo, mermaid : thank you.

• huberthubert Posts: 410

mermaid: A beautiful and very moody scene.

Horo: A nice island scene with wonderful sky, water and lighting.

adbc: Wonderfully bizarre. Cool idea with the mirror! :)

hubert : thank you.

edited May 2022

hubert - thank you.

A self made terrain with a material from Grand Mountains, the aircraft from the Internet. Sky and ambient light by an HDRI from Terrain Stacking.

Over the Mountains

OverTheMountains.jpg
    1200 x 780 - 285K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited May 2022

Horo : very realistic mountain scene, looks like a photo.

A rocky  landscape, a few terrains, water and an oriental junk(from the net).

rocks34.jpg
    960 x 320 - 73K
    Post edited by adbc on

adbc - thank you. Interesting scene, looks somewhat strange but very charming. A difficult passage for the junk, I guess.

• Rembrandt_2647480Rembrandt_2647480 Posts: 113
    edited May 2022

Horo - Amazing terrain in that spaceship render.  Your treetrunk render reminded me a bit of a ct scan smiley A remarkable render! Rendering realistic looking windows is no small task, but you have managed it beautifully! Sizing has also always been a problem for me, it just has to be done as a feels-about-right. The plane render has an amazing landscape, very detailed.

Mermaid - Misty day rerender looks even much better. Very nice to look at. The ship and lighthouse render is just about perfect.

adbc - That bamboo and ferns are an absolute perfect combination. Together with the terrain material and eastern gate, this is a real beauty of a render. Good job! That mirror/tree/sphere render has something menacing about it, like Horo said, like a metal ninja spider on steroids. Beautifully done. The oriental junk render is just amazing.

---

I have been playing around with exporting from UE5 to Bryce but unfortunately this proves to be almost(?) impossible. Every time Bryce gets a complicated mesh to chew on it smacks me in the face with an error-and-automatic-exit message. Here, Bryce shows its age alas. But I'll keep chipping away at this problem and maybe one day...

Meanwhile I am falling heavily in love with UE5 and almost exclusively work with it now despite its complexity. To be honest, Bryce is a much easyer program to master for a beginning landscape artist and is still a lot of fun to use. I still use Bryce for landscapes and/or meshes that I can import in UE5. Here is one example, I call it "Dune".

edit: added some comments.

Post edited by Rembrandt_2647480 on

Rembrandt - thank you. For a beginner, Bryce is indeed simple because you get nice results quite soon. However, there's yet a plethora under the hood. I've been using Bryce for over 20 years and still discover things. I haven't used UE, though worked also with Carrara from version 3 onward up to 8.1, and Studio from 0.8 up to 4.8, played a bit with Blender quite a while ago. All other programs I used are great as well, I couldn't say which one is the best - except the best is the one you know best which is in my case - well, have a guess.
    Your Dune scene looks very nice. Great rocks and sand making up this desert world, lighting looks really appropriate for this scene and the aliens fit in nicely.

Hubert - thanks

Horo - beautiful scene, I love the terrain, the lighting and materials work well together

Adbc - awesome scene, very nicely done

Rembrandt - thanks. the Dune scene is lovely.

Horo, Rembrandt, mermaid : thank you.

Rembrandt : your Dune scene is impressive, great atmosphere and lighting.

Horo: Fascinating terrain and mat work. I like its crisp eroded look.

adbc: Nice composition. That's a spiky terrain in the shallow water. I hope the junk hasn't sunk. ;)

Rembrandt: A wonderful SciFi scene. Great depth, atmosphere and lighting. Very moody.

edited May 2022

mermaid and hubert - thank you.

The same terrain as above but inverted and two more in the back with a modified material from Gritstone Hills, the tower was self made. No Haze but a Hazecube from Environments - Inclement Weather. Sky and ambient light by an HDRI from HDRI Captured Volumetric Skies.

Eroded Highland

I'm often surprised by the result you get if you Invert and then Equalize a terrain in the TE.

ErodedHighland.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 258K
    Post edited by Horo on

hubert : thank you.

Horo : very realistic terrain again, the material is awesome so is the sky.

Horo - I agree with Adbc fantastic scene

Thank you adbc and mermaid.

Horo: A very interesting result. That mat fits very well to the terrain's structure. As does your sky/atmo.

Thank you hubert.

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,793

Hi everyone, dropped in to see what everyone is up to.  More beautiful artwork.  The creativity just gets better and better.

Mermaid, your seascape is so peaceful and I like the coloring of the image.

adbc, what an awesome 'creature'.  Not sure what it is but it looks like it coud be a mechanical robot.

Horo, your landscapes are always gorgeous and a joy to view.

Rembrandt, great format and concept.

I've done 1 image since hubby retired. He's bored and took a job mowing grass at a golf course.  He starts Monday so, who knows, I might start creating again.

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 842
    edited May 2022

After some time I had the idea to do something with boolean objects again. Nothing exciting really, but I still find the materials not too bad. BTW all standard materials that come with Bryce.

bollards.jpg
    1067 x 800 - 503K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on

NGartplay : glad to see you back, thanks for your comment.

Electro-Elvis : nice work, beautiful objects.

NGartplay - great to see you back. I hope the next time will be sooner.wink

Electro-Elvis - also great to see you; well done stony objects in the water.

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,793

Electro-Elvis, very impressive boolean objects.  They look ancient.

This discussion has been closed.