Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 12

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,128
    edited April 2022

Thank you hubert.

The buildings are Urban Future 3 by Stonemason, lit by the WpH86_SC HDRI from HyperTextures Base and the sun.

District

The anaglyph has all the same settings and just has the ALS (Anaglyph Lens System) in front of the camera.

District Anaglyph

District.jpg
    1200 x 840 - 272K
    DistrictAna.jpg
    1200 x 840 - 339K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,757

Horo, The dino must feel very uncomfortable, poor animal. But the render is great.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,003

Horo - The Trapped Dino is very nicely done, nice colors. The Urban Future buildings are superbly done and the anaglyph  awesome.

Hubert - thanks

• Thank you all for the comments

Horo - Instancing those trees gives a nice forest. The hazy forest has a lot of atmosphere. Poor dino, loost in another dimension.. Did I see doctor Who's Tardis there or do I imagine things? Those future buildings are very cyberpunk, love those!

Mermaid - That aliien landscape is very well done!

adbc - It's a bit late to wish you happy easter now but I never thought I would say this: "I really like your eggs".

---

Time to check up on the crew of the Erasmus, we haven't seen them in a while. Seems they are seeking shelter from an oncoming storm.

Sorry, no story this time. I have been extremely busy with trying to master Unreal Engine 5. Incredibly fascinating stuff can be done with that -completely free- game-engine but the learning curve is as steep as the north ascent of Mount Everest on a very windy day in januari while carrying a dead cow. Thankfully lots of helpfull YouTube wizards form the support-group.

This render is a rehash from one I made earlier with some added water and a different sky.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,103

hubert, Rembrandt : thank you.

Horo : superb render and anaglyph.

Rembrandt : the Erasmus is back in a cold landscape, beautiful sky, very well done !

Thank you Hansmar, mermaid and adbc.

Rembrandt - thank you. Very nice Erasmus render, well done sky.

• huberthubert Posts: 410

Horo: Cool SciFi scene. The mat fits really good to those buildings.

Rembrandt: Nice composition with a magical sky/atmosphere.

Rembrandt - beautiful composition, the sky is superb, thanks for your comment

edited April 2022

Thank you hubert.

The terrain is from High Resolution Terrains 2 with a material assembled from the same set and Terrain Stacking. The clouds and the DevilsBridge_CSD HDRI for the sky and ambient light are from Object Clouds 2D & 3D.

Pond in Vale

PondInVale.jpg
    1200 x 666 - 232K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo : beautiful mountain scene, great material and sky.

Horo - Your mountain lake render is very nice to look at. I love the lighting.

----

I have been very busy with Unreal Engine 5 and had a bit of an aha-erlebnis while fooling around with it. Why not integrate Bryce-made hightmaps in Unreal?

Getting things set up just the right way was a bit of a fiddle. Only ultra-fine landscapes "fit" in Unreal without too much of a bother but once I had all the settings tweeked, it worked like a dream.

First the hightmap I set up in Bryce and later exported to Unreal engine:

An 'Alpine valley' with a brushed-in river, exported as PNG ultra fine hightmap to Unreal gave me this result:

Warning: the original has become a very high-detailed 4k screenshot:

This is in and of itself no render but a screenshot, all is done in real-time. Clouds, water, grass and trees move in real-time and it is even possible to walk around with an avatar.

edited April 2022

Horo – outstanding landscape, perfect materials and lighting.

Rembrandt – very interesting work, I wondered why the image was taking long to load; awesome work

The terrain I found in my library, the lighting –Hdri from Grand Mountains and material from the High Resolution set 4, Drachenlord’s Obelisk, the birds from C-ram

signal_hill.jpg
    900 x 675 - 425K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

adbc - thank you.

Rembrandt - thank you. Very nicely looking mountainscape.

mermaid - thank you. Well done mountain top with Drachenlord’s Obelisk and the birds. The sky fits perfectly.

edited April 2022

Rembrandt : amazing result.

mermaid : outstanding image with the birds and the obelisk, great sky.

A futuristic landscape, all Bryce terrains.

futuristic landscape.jpg
    700 x 711 - 89K
    Post edited by adbc on

adbc - superbly done futuristic landscape.

• huberthubert Posts: 410

adbc: Fantastic terrain work and cool mats.

Thanks Horo and Adbc

Adbc - Fantastic futuristic landscape, awesome terrain and lighting.

Horo, hubert, mermaid : thank you.

adbc - Wow..That is a very nice futuristic landscape. Love the terrain and the city.

---

Proudly presenting the very first- (I think) fully integrated Unreal Engine 5/Bryce hybrid render.

Unreal Engine (UE for short) has an option (it has 1000nds of options but that is neither here nor there) to import hightmaps.

What if I could import hightmaps from Bryce? Well, as it happens, that is very simple. The "ultra fine" terrains translate 1 on 1 to UE.

Ah well, I now had a Bryce-made terrain in UE but tthat doesn't give me a Bryce render and so this doesn't qualify as post-able in this forum, right?

Right! Hmmm..

First, I changed the terrain material in UE, found myself a nice spot on the terrain with a good view, added some houses and liberally sprinkled trees, flowers and grass all over the place.

This gave me something like this:

Nice indeed, but still not qualified for posting in here. Hmm...

I made a screenshot from within UE of this scene and started up Bryce.

Then, I Spuddyfied this scene onto a terrain and added some birds and a different sky.

As they say in Greece "Et voila!" a full Bryce render as a hybrid of Unreal engine 5 and Bryce:

It even picks up the typical Bryce lighting from the sky, which is nice ofcourse and it gives me the opportunity to make more lifelike landscape renders in Bryce with help from Unreal engine.

Now all I need is to import the Erasmus into UE and away we go.

I hope you all like this.

Rembrandt - interesting experiment and result.

• leonrleonr Posts: 0

adbc: I love the texture you chose for the city. The reflections are beautiful.
    Rembrandt: Stunning work! Thanks for breaking the process down; I'll have to try that for myself sometime.

The fourth one of these (reflective ball with pillars) was created in Bryce 4.0, on Mac OS 9. :)

Rembrandt, lemonish : thank you.

Rembrandt : very interesting experiment indeed, I like the result.

lemonish : four beautiful Bryce renders, I really like the colours you used.

lemonish - welcome to the Bryce forum. Very nice renders. Keep it up.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,757

Rembrandt: Without story, the new Erasmus render is still wonderful. The work with and via Unreal Engine also is very good. I was considering trying that software too, but not sure I wat to spend the time learning. Really like your description of work for the last one.

Horo: impeccable landscape, as we have come to expect. Great texture too.

Mermaid. Very nice scene. Great use of the birds.

Adbc: Very nice work with the futuristic terrain. Love the sky!

Lemonish: Welcome to the forum! Nice series of renders. I mostly love the second one.

Thank you Hansmar.

Hansmar : thank you.

edited April 2022

Rembrandt - interesting experiment, nice result

Lemonish- Welcome to the forum. Nice set of renders, I like the colors and lighting. Looking forward to more.

Hansmar - thanks

Once again I played with a tutorial I found on Horo’s site – an abstract… minitut12, modified a bit. The 1st is panorama projection and the 2nd Perspective projection viewed thru the EWL

https://horo.ch/raytracing/tuts/pdf/minitut12_en.pdf

void2.jpg
    920 x 690 - 751K
    void2-ewl.jpg
    920 x 690 - 860K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited April 2022

mermaid - both abstracts look great, difficult to decide which one I prefer - well, both then laugh

Experimenting with grass from the Vegetation set. The trees were made in the Tree Lab, except the bush in the middle is also from the Vegetation set.

Grassland

Grassland.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 345K
    Post edited by Horo on

Thanks Horo, I love your render, it's beautiful

mermaid : fantastic abstracts, love them both.

Horo : awesome natural looking landscape, beautiful sky.

This discussion has been closed.