Show Us Your Iray Renders. Part VIII

Comments

• charlescharles Posts: 775

Matt_Castle said:

Someone's probably going to tell me I don't know how to football, and they would be quite right.

But hey, I had fun.

Following failure to find a better football uniform, this is a G8F* conversion of the old Rugby Uniform for G3M, where I exported and decimated the geometry in Blender to make it more suitable for dForce

* All the figures here are G8F - in the relative absense of G8M teens, I've had more success masculinising G8F teens than trying to age down G8M characters.

Gallery Link

Gallery Link

The ONLY way to get better is to do stuff and experiment.  You probably learned of lots of usefull things making these complicated scenes and that's a good thing! 

• Got tired of rendering dudes and guns and swords.

Time for an English rose. I tried to make it feel slightly less like a 3D render with a slight oil painting filter over the top in post.

• Another "just kind of messing around" portrait.

Well, 2 portraits.

One portrait to set up an image for the easel.
    Then the "real" portrait.

The Blurst of Times said:

Another "just kind of messing around" portrait.

Well, 2 portraits.

One portrait to set up an image for the easel.
    Then the "real" portrait.

Interesting pictures, this second one has some weird noise going on with it. 

• charles said:

Interesting pictures, this second one has some weird noise going on with it. 

LOL, playing with too many filters.

Okay, fewer filters this time.

The Sensibility dress (and over-skirt) doesn't fit too badly using SY's Ultratemplates, but you do need to do some scaling/adjusting at individual nodes to give it a better shape than "sack".
    I suppose I could also d-force it. (Not sure if I want the over-skirt to explode all over, though.)

• Once again with the Regency era stuff...

I wish we had more dresses from that period. Oh well.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,040
    edited January 2022

True Love

2022-01-20 14:13:14.077 Total Rendering Time: 13 minutes 52.78 seconds

Click on image for full size.

blind-love-copyright-001.jpg
    1000 x 1500 - 716K
    Post edited by Fishtales on

Fishtales said:

True Love

7's hair is clipping into worf's chest.

• The Blurst of TimesThe Blurst of Times Posts: 2,410
    edited January 2022

The Naval Officer uniform is pretty nice, but really only for someone who's made Post Captain.

I'd have to edit the heck out of it for a Lieutenant's jacket.

EDIT:

Bonus Regency-period render.

Hippoléon I, l'empereur des Hippo-Français

Post edited by The Blurst of Times on
  • I'd like more Regency stuff, but I'll make do with what we have.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,040

charles said:

Fishtales said:

True Love

I used Dforce on the hair to try and stop that. 

I'd like more Regency stuff, but I'll make do with what we have.

These are really really good! Love the deep focus and composition. Lighting is really good too.

edited January 2022

Fishtales said:

charles said:

Fishtales said:

True Love

I used Dforce on the hair to try and stop that. 

I've seen a 7of9 cybernetics addon kit somewhere, I think the mainly free daz site.

Post edited by charles on
  • Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,299
    edited January 2022

The #GrisSwimsuit is a trend that's been running on Twitter for the last week or two, involving people drawing their characters in a mostly transparent one-piece swimsuit. I thought it'd be something simple to practice modelling in Blender, so I did.

I'm happy to say I think I'm getting better at this, as I've managed to make it both dForce (to help it fit around the chest area) while retaining solid geometry for the refractive shading.

Whisky, however, is less interested in that, and more in how all the other characters were managing to keep theirs in place.

Gallery Link

~~~~~

And another one I've also finished up:

~~~~~

Werewolves occasionally have anger problems. Emma doesn't stand for such things in her pub, and is quite willing to remind rowdy patrons that her near two-millennia on this earth have not made her a push-over.

Gallery Link

Post edited by Matt_Castle on
    edited January 2022

charles said:

These are really really good! Love the deep focus and composition. Lighting is really good too.

Thanks! It's a fun theme to work in.

Also, a LOT  a lot of clothing constraints because there's just not that much of it in the stores. Pirates, yes. Victorian (and Victorian+Gears, aka "Steampunk"), also plenty of that. Regency era stuff? Not so much.

Now for a very non-historical image with goofy lighting, but I just wanted to test out how the Nutcracker uniform fit to G8.1F.

(In the Regency era, proper ladies did NOT wear riding breeches. Riding jackets (borrowed from men's fashion) started becoming popular... and would become a major influence in later women's fashion.)

Didn't even convert Horse 2 or the English saddle to Iray. Just dropped them right in and let the autoconversion happen at render time.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,309

charles said:

Thanks! It's a fun theme to work in.

Also, a LOT  a lot of clothing constraints because there's just not that much of it in the stores. Pirates, yes. Victorian (and Victorian+Gears, aka "Steampunk"), also plenty of that. Regency era stuff? Not so much.

Now for a very non-historical image with goofy lighting, but I just wanted to test out how the Nutcracker uniform fit to G8.1F.

(In the Regency era, proper ladies did NOT wear riding breeches. Riding jackets (borrowed from men's fashion) started becoming popular... and would become a major influence in later women's fashion.)

Didn't even convert Horse 2 or the English saddle to Iray. Just dropped them right in and let the autoconversion happen at render time.

I love this picture!  Everything about it - the lighting, the composition, the figure, the pose, the expression and the outfit - is well nigh perfect. Top Marks.

Cheers,

Alex. 

• alexhcowley said:

I love this picture!  Everything about it - the lighting, the composition, the figure, the pose, the expression and the outfit - is well nigh perfect. Top Marks.

Cheers,

Alex. 

Thank you! I am very much enjoying my visit to this era. The Regency era is just so fascinating. Whether you love period romance (Jane Austen) or military history (war with Napoleon), there's something for you.

So many great, important, as well as popular stories around the era. Great literature of and about the era... from Tolstoy ("War and Peace", set against the backdrop of Napoleon's disastrous invasion of Russia) to more modern classics (Patrick O'Brian's  Aubrey & Maturin (with the Russell Crowe movie, "Master & Commander"), Bernard Cornwell's "Sharpes Rifles", etc.).

And then you have the Cyprian demi-monde, which is my current fascination. "Cyprian"... as in the isle of Cyprus, which is the legendary birthplace of Aphrodite. The demi-monde being "half-world" of courtesans (i.e. Cyprians), who were incredible movers in high society of the times despite their rather improper nature. It was one way for lowborn women to, perchance, find themselves in the company of members of Parliament, war heroes like Lord Nelson, Prime Ministers, perhaps even members of the Royal Family.

Anyway, an Actress. Shakespeare was quite popular back then. I knew I wanted the floor to have a more rustic look (having been on a stage once or twice). I used a Victorian painting prop in my library as the set backdrop, simply blown up in scale. (No projectors or whatever back then... actual, physical set pieces.)

• csaacsaa Posts: 805
    edited January 2022

The Blurst of Times,

Wonderful work -- full of charm! Thanks for sharing.

Cheers!

Post edited by csaa on
  • Iám a big Fan of Star Wars, so I did a Destop Wallpaper.

I have Tripple Screen, but thats for the Fourth Monitor over the Tripple.

For the Tripple i do a 5750x1080 Render.

SaberGirls2Final.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • csaa... Thanks! It's such a fun theme for me as I'm such a fan of the Regency era and the stories around the Napoleonic wars. It's a good change from all the guns and military renders, LOL.

sirmaverick_566191be53... now that's a clever use of photo-editing, and the shadows/angle of the light also works as well. A super job in pulling that all together into one composite.

For me? I'm still stuck in Regency mode here, LOL.

Except I'm tired of using the same dress over and over, so I tried to find something Classical that might also work in the Regency era. (Not the layers and layers of Victorian clothing.)

• Just testing another dress that had an Empire waist. Maybe with a fabric swap, I'll use it for Regency era renders.

The fan creates some funky shadows on her right hand, making it look kind of weird.

(For some reason, I'll guess that's not the part of her body that necessarily draws the eye.)
    Figure is based on Sangriart's Evenstar, but many other dials mixed in.

• juanra_skjuanra_sk Posts: 1
    edited January 2022

Just learning Daz to make a visual novel.

At the moment learning how to use lights and stuff.

Wasted_afterParty2.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    Post edited by juanra_sk on
    edited January 2022

Visual novels? Cool... good use of Daz, IMO.

I'm definitely not an expert at it, but I do really like Ren'py. (Plus, it works fine on my Linux craptop potato.)

And... more Regency.

(Under the covers, I have a theatre of the mind/roleplaying game thing that is putting some of this together in my head.)

This is the tragedy of Romeo and Juliet.
    Not an attempt to render the "actual" Romeo and Juliet, but people on the stage, performaing Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet".

So, the goal was to make it look fake/like a stage production.

I modified the background stuff to resemble stage props. Like the sarcophagus? I took a sarcophagus prop and flattened the Z-axis, then I made a wooden plank to "prop" it up in back.

And there you have a stage prop of a sarcophagus!

• Did you say James ..........

• I was tired of using the old Sensibility dress for G2F, and I was tired of dForce sims... so I looked for dresses with different bust lines, and here we are.

A couple mistakes here, but it was a good distraction from the regular Regency stuff.

• Took me ages to pose this. I was going off an old photo I took and tried to get the right hand to grip the hilt across her body but I kept running into clipping issues with the right breast. I did use a squish morph but it wasn't quite enough. Still, I was happy that it looks like she is at least reaching for the hilt.

• Took me ages to pose this. I was going off an old photo I took and tried to get the right hand to grip the hilt across her body but I kept running into clipping issues with the right breast. I did use a squish morph but it wasn't quite enough. Still, I was happy that it looks like she is at least reaching for the hilt.

• Ah, boobs. Always getting in the way, LOL.

Here's just some more experimenting with different dresses.

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,299

This one comes from having replayed Timesplitters Future Perfect a while back:

Gallery Link

• Quick render of a character I've been working on for a while now. The character's skin is originally pale, but I added darker colors to the base, translucency, and glossy colors in conjunction with the Weighted base mixing. It looks like the skin came out pretty well. I'll probably try using a texture map from the one Altern8 skin product to lighten up the palms & soles of the feet in the Diffuse Weight since they're a bit too dark(can't see those areas in the render though). Also just noticed an inconsistency/blend problem with the Specular maps for where the arms & torso textures meet on the right shoulder for the character Salem for Aiko 8(which is the skin I used on the character in this render). Doubt if its even noticeable on the character skin defaults since I did use some rather extreme color settings. I'll have to experiment with Specular maps from different characters. Normally these renders would've taken like 6-8 hours on my laptop with the cpu, but they finished in 3-7 minutes for me on my new system.  yes

02G8DarkElfMix-1ac5.jpg
    2434 x 1852 - 1M
    02G8DarkElfMix-1bc5.jpg
    2434 x 1852 - 1M