Discord Server Signup and Coupon Questions/Issues

Comments

• KI3KI3 Posts: 38

The push for discord is confusing, if I have no plans on participating or being part of that community due to time constraints or lack of interests, what does Daz gain from a campaign for massive influx of inactive users to their channel?

im not a social media marketing major, but would love to be illuminated! Thanks!

• DAZ_ann0314 said:

ShadowBox24 said:

Errrrr, its not working for me.........its coming up as invalid and I've now losted intrest...Bahhh Hum Bug!

If you change your mind, please see the first post in this thread for how to do all the steps. If you do that and then have any issues, please let me know and I can get it resolved for you. 

Hi Anno, I had another try whilst signed out and it seems to work even through it still says invalid (LOL )....BUT to be honest its really not for me and I much prefer the Daz Forum to chat, gain some knowledge and DS wisdom. 

Maybe in the future I may wish to upload and sell a bunch of my artworks via NFTs.  Thus far the images seen, seem really childish and nothing like Beeple C which is more to my style and liking.  But in the meantime Thanks but No Thanks to Discord NFTs, but GOOD LUCK thou heart

Regards Barbz 

• So ... please correct me if I'm misunderstanding ... Apologies for all the awkward questions. I'm genuinely trying to understand this correctly. blush

These NFT "people" are somewhat like characters from a book, TV series, or movie. They're all technically fictional, run by a team including a writer, a voice actor (or actress), and a 3D artist. The intent is for each character to be as realistic as humanly possible.

The channel is about connecting ... either with the NFT's, or else their artists / writers / voice actors. Maybe sometimes a combination of the characters, and members of the teams behind them?

The first 8,888 NFT's do not include any binary males. For whatever reason, those in charge of this channel felt a need to highlight this missing group by pointing out they have other groups.

Is that a fair summary? smiley

• Eden Evergreen said:

So ... please correct me if I'm misunderstanding ... Apologies for all the awkward questions. I'm genuinely trying to understand this correctly. blush

These NFT "people" are somewhat like characters from a book, TV series, or movie. They're all technically fictional, run by a team including a writer, a voice actor (or actress), and a 3D artist. The intent is for each character to be as realistic as humanly possible.

The channel is about connecting ... either with the NFT's, or else their artists / writers / voice actors. Maybe sometimes a combination of the characters, and members of the teams behind them?

The first 8,888 NFT's do not include any binary males. For whatever reason, those in charge of this channel felt a need to highlight this missing group by pointing out they have other groups.

Hi Eden Evergreen, my understanding is your NFP character is your Max Headroom image/avatar whislt in those chat rooms/channels or you make your own worlds or themes for others to join in to do????....ie Daz NFP is a channel/chatroom.   It reminds me of Sims City my niece use to play with and you could enter certain chatrooms and chat all day doing FA etc...

• hjakehjake Posts: 812

Why was it necessary for DAZ Discord to have access t my list of discord servers that I am participating in?

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,814
    edited December 2021

KI3 said:

The push for discord is confusing, if I have no plans on participating or being part of that community due to time constraints or lack of interests, what does Daz gain from a campaign for massive influx of inactive users to their channel?

im not a social media marketing major, but would love to be illuminated! Thanks!

Not everything is going to be for everyone and I completely understand that. If you aren't into live chat or aren't into NFTs etc then this may not be for you. They do need to let people know about it though so each person can check it out for themselves and see if it is for them or not.

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on
  • hjake said:

Why was it necessary for DAZ Discord to have access t my list of discord servers that I am participating in?

I'm curious about this, too...

• Eden Evergreen said:

hjake said:

As I understand it that is how the system works - it's all or nothing.

• Thanks for replying, Mr. Haseltine. smiley

edited December 2021

Eden Evergreen said:

So ... please correct me if I'm misunderstanding ... Apologies for all the awkward questions. I'm genuinely trying to understand this correctly. blush

Not exactly. Basically the marketing information for the page/Discord server was written in the voice of the NFPs themselves. Like the Victoria 8 Facebook page says Hello, my name is Victoria 8 and I am... (or at least used to though I assume it still does LOL) So the "we" is the Collection talking about itself not the people behind it, the customers, etc. (Hopefully that clarifies better?)

As for the collection, I apologize if you are upset by the wording or feel excluded. I am fairly certain there will be other sets but there always needs to be a first one and since the charity was going to Women in Tech, they made the collection coincide with that (Assumption on my part, I am not in the know on the choices)

​If you wish to discuss your feelings on the wording further, you can put in a help ticket: https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and choose sales support and let them know your feelings, although the concern has been passed on.

Eden Evergreen said:

hjake said:

Discord has the ability to share information, news, etc between servers (its a feature of Discord that you can add).

So if I had a server that was about Daz Studio, NFTs, or was talking about this NFP Collection I may want to stream parts of the NFP Server into my personal server. The access is so that Discord can do that, if you choose to do so (there is a specific button you need to hit to do it and the access is necessary for that to work). If you never hit that button, it does nothing since there is no reason.

• Thank you for the replies, ShadowBox24 and DAZ_ann0314.

I appreciate you taking the time.

Hope you have a good day. smiley

Eden Evergreen said:

Thank you for the replies, ShadowBox24 and DAZ_ann0314.

I appreciate you taking the time.

Hope you have a good day. smiley

You as well heart 

• Thank you for the insights, bytescapes.  While not directly confirmed, what you shared seems to be borne out by the ongoing dialogue afterwards.  I don't think this is anything for me - even if I join, I have to roleplay as a woman?  I love and deeply respect women, but I have no desire to be one.

• Phoenix Knight said:

Thank you for the insights, bytescapes.  While not directly confirmed, what you shared seems to be borne out by the ongoing dialogue afterwards.  I don't think this is anything for me - even if I join, I have to roleplay as a woman?  I love and deeply respect women, but I have no desire to be one.

No, the blurb about a group of women was the personifaction of the first product, nothing to do with the makeup of the discord channel. The way that Daz has sometimes used a Victoria as a spokesentity

edited December 2021

Phoenix Knight said:

Thank you for the insights, bytescapes.  While not directly confirmed, what you shared seems to be borne out by the ongoing dialogue afterwards.  I don't think this is anything for me - even if I join, I have to roleplay as a woman?  I love and deeply respect women, but I have no desire to be one.

You do not have to role play as a woman smiley. The Discord Channel ATM is not utilizing the NFPs in any way (and IDK that Discord even has the capability actually). And in the areas of the internet where you may be able to use said NFPs, there should be collections later that would (I would think) suite just about anyone's preferences/needs.  

• I think I completed all the steps.  The verified and connected parts seemed to happen.  I see the daily deals and the qualifying products page.  My cart says the coupon code is not valid, an hour later.  What did I miss?  I'm Disciple.  There are a ton of other questions, but I'll start with this.  Thank you.

Hallelujah!
    Disciple

Disciple said:

I think I completed all the steps.  The verified and connected parts seemed to happen.  I see the daily deals and the qualifying products page.  My cart says the coupon code is not valid, an hour later.  What did I miss?  I'm Disciple.  There are a ton of other questions, but I'll start with this.  Thank you.

Hallelujah!
    Disciple

What coupon code are you attempting to use? (Just to verify) I can see that you are verified on the Discord Server. Did you also link your Daz 3D Account as well? (I assume so as you said and connected parts but just to be sure) 

edited December 2021

DAZ_ann0314 said:

Eden Evergreen said:

hjake said:

Discord has the ability to share information, news, etc between servers (its a feature of Discord that you can add).

So if I had a server that was about Daz Studio, NFTs, or was talking about this NFP Collection I may want to stream parts of the NFP Server into my personal server. The access is so that Discord can do that, if you choose to do so (there is a specific button you need to hit to do it and the access is necessary for that to work). If you never hit that button, it does nothing since there is no reason.

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I did not take a screenshot of the request for permissions before permiting me to accept the invitations. It did not seem optional.

If I understand you correctly, this requirement is necessary to all sharing links/contents between Discord servers?

The reason for my question is that I have NOT been asked for this on any invitations to other Discord servers.

If my understanding is correct then my best plan would be to create a specific Discord user for just DAZ.

Post edited by hjake on
  • DiscipleDisciple Posts: 76
    edited December 2021

DAZ_ann0314 said:

Disciple said:

I think I completed all the steps.  The verified and connected parts seemed to happen.  I see the daily deals and the qualifying products page.  My cart says the coupon code is not valid, an hour later.  What did I miss?  I'm Disciple.  There are a ton of other questions, but I'll start with this.  Thank you.

Hallelujah!
    Disciple

What coupon code are you attempting to use? (Just to verify) I can see that you are verified on the Discord Server. Did you also link your Daz 3D Account as well? (I assume so as you said and connected parts but just to be sure) 

Well, I said yes to accessing my profile and banner and avatar and whatever else was on the list, however much that goes against my security instincts.  I'll relinquish a little privacy and security for free content, but I do have a limit.  Is that the step you mention?  Thanks.

Oh, it's the banner code - (mod edit to remove code)

Hallelujah!
    Disciple

Post edited by Cris Palomino on
    edited December 2021

hjake said:

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I did not take a screenshot of the request for permissions before permiting me to accept the invitations. It did not seem optional.

If I understand you correctly, this requirement is necessary to all sharing links/contents between Discord servers?

The reason for my question is that I have NOT been asked for this on any invitations to other Discord servers.

If my understanding is correct then my best plan would be to create a specific Discord user for just DAZ.

It is not something that is optional on the signup to the server as that feature of the server requires it (and there is not a way to do that per user on sign up just you don't have to use the feature once in if that makes sense) They would have to disable the feature which others are using in order for it to not be required. That said, if when in the server, you do not use that feature to stream to one of your servers then it just isn't used. 

It is a necessary permission needed for those who choose to stream (stream being the important word here) information from one Discord Server to another one. It is not necessary for sharing links in the server or sharing general content. Think of it like being able to play what one person is watching into another room of your house. So instead of being on Daz's Server you could stream the content into another you are in and still see the information etc.

If the other servers you are a part of don't have the option for you to stream one of their channels into another server then they wouldn't need to ask for this permission when you sign up but this server does have that ability (its an option anyone can add to their Discord Server when they create it)

Disciple said:

Well, I said yes to accessing my profile and banner and avatar and whatever else was on the list, however much that goes against my security instincts.  I'll relinquish a little privacy and security for free content, but I do have a limit.  Is that the step you mention?  Thanks.

Oh, it's the banner code - DAZ120621

Hallelujah!
    Disciple

Be sure you are logged into your Daz 3D Account here on the website and then click on the Second Link/Button on this page: https://www.daz3d.com/join-our-nfp-discord that says "Step 2: Link with Daz"

And then select Authorize on the next screen.  

• DAZ_ann0314 said:

Be sure you are logged into your Daz 3D Account here on the website and then click on the Second Link/Button on this page: https://www.daz3d.com/join-our-nfp-discord that says "Step 2: Link with Daz"

Okay, I did so again, got the thank you page again, and now the coupon is accepted.  I'd call that a peculiar form of two-step verification.  Thanks for your help.

I'll return with the other questions.  Your instructions are pretty good for getting signed up, but the rest of the story is an opaque word salad to someone like me, a non-gamer non-VR person who uses some 3D tools.  Thanks for the daily deal.

Hallelujah!
    Disciple

edited December 2021

Disciple said:

I'll return with the other questions.  Your instructions are pretty good for getting signed up, but the rest of the story is an opaque word salad to someone like me, a non-gamer non-VR person who uses some 3D tools.  Thanks for the daily deal.

Hallelujah!
    Disciple

I would be a non-gamer (no time for gaming), non-VR person (I have a lazy eye which is not ideal for VR) who uses 3D Tools as well so the best I can say is to try checking out some of the links towards the bottom of the first post in this thread. There are also some Frequently Asked Questions with links to the answers as well in that same section. If you have questions after that please let me know and I will answer to the best of my ability or see if I can get the answers for you heart

• DAZ_ann0314 said:

crikett said:

DAZ_ann0314 said:

crikett said:

As I just mentioned to Cake_One in DM, after ;ooking at the Discord admin documentation, I guess the question is, what role shows as being assigned to my user account?  I would assume there is a basic user role that has been set up, to allow posting and the like.  Is this the role that shows up for my account?  My instinct based on what I am seeing is that there is some mismatch between the role that is assigned and what should have been assigned.

There can be a lag, so sometimes when you hit to verify it doesn't go straight through and also the bot itself can "hiccup" depending on the number of signups and verifications at one time so in some cases it seems like it's done but then it isn't. I can't recall now but did you get squared away? If not, let me know what your username was over there (do not include the number here) and I can take a look and see if that is the issue. 

No, nothing has changed, still "no permission."

OK what is you username on Discord (just the base name, do not include any of the numbers here) and I will take a look for you and see if I can resolve the issue.  I had looked under your Daz Username earlier but didn't see it listed.

GreatCthulu 

crikett said:

DAZ_ann0314 said:

OK what is you username on Discord (just the base name, do not include any of the numbers here) and I will take a look for you and see if I can resolve the issue.  I had looked under your Daz Username earlier but didn't see it listed.

GreatCthulu 

TY, Checking on it now.  

DAZ_ann0314 said:

crikett said:

DAZ_ann0314 said:

GreatCthulu 

TY, Checking on it now.  

OK you were verified on the Discord Server. Did you do step three?
    Just in case, here is the information:

Be sure you are logged into your Daz 3D Account here on the website (or make one if you are new to the website) and then click on the second link on this page: https://www.daz3d.com/join-our-nfp-discord that says "Step 2: Link with Daz"

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,735

The only issue I’m having is that I can’t copy/paste the code either from here or Discord and the codes aren’t particularly memorable like the usual ones and it’s easy to get distracted and forget the code. Can they be something other than six random numbers like they used to be? 

Wonderland said:

The only issue I’m having is that I can’t copy/paste the code either from here or Discord and the codes aren’t particularly memorable like the usual ones and it’s easy to get distracted and forget the code. Can they be something other than six random numbers like they used to be? 

CTRL C and CTRL V with copy and paste them. You just cant RT Click and do it. 

DAZ_ann0314 said:

hjake said:

It is not something that is optional on the signup to the server as that feature of the server requires it (and there is not a way to do that per user on sign up just you don't have to use the feature once in if that makes sense) They would have to disable the feature which others are using in order for it to not be required. That said, if when in the server, you do not use that feature to stream to one of your servers then it just isn't used. 

It is a necessary permission needed for those who choose to stream (stream being the important word here) information from one Discord Server to another one. It is not necessary for sharing links in the server or sharing general content. Think of it like being able to play what one person is watching into another room of your house. So instead of being on Daz's Server you could stream the content into another you are in and still see the information etc.

If the other servers you are a part of don't have the option for you to stream one of their channels into another server then they wouldn't need to ask for this permission when you sign up but this server does have that ability (its an option anyone can add to their Discord Server when they create it)

Thank yo so much for the quick reply. Yes that does help clear things up. Much appreciated. :-)